50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 86.
#2501 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

He said on the stream that they are playing a special code install, no callouts. The game will have them though sounds like multiple actors, I think, but not sure on that.

Delivered Pros do not have the callouts either, need to download the updated software when available.

#2502 6 years ago

The software looks like a freakin' mess. I can't imagine buying this game until it is better.

#2503 6 years ago

Thanks, how do you feel about it so far.

#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah saw your question on the stream ice little disappointing but on the plus side with those songs in place it should give us bookmarks in the code to replace/mixup the songs from the movie soundtrack.
Shame no talking Groot though, would have been great to see his mouth move and sync to I AM GROOT at the start of multiball.

"Talking Groot", how does that not happen!

Rudy, Ted and Red taunt us, wtf.

Oh well, my sights are set on Elvira and Kapow now.

#2505 6 years ago

I'm out...

#2506 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Talking Groot", how does that not happen!
Rudy, Ted and Red taunt us, wtf.
Oh well, my sights are set on Elvira and Kapow now.

Im guessing the mechanical part of groot isnt able to do anything but open and close? Red, ted, rudy have special gears and parts to allow it to happen. I hope im wrong and groot is capable of different thing's....

#2507 6 years ago

There’s a healthy amount of movie footage. Which is awesome. I’d be fine if the scenes just play during their respective modes and the scoring and what not is on top of that. DMD games are great, but I’m hoping the LCD era will cut down on amount of things competing for priority on the screen. JJP seems to have addressed this. I haven’t played them enough to really know. Stacking modes is also a very cool aspect of a lot if games. But, I don’t think every game needs it. I agree the songs are great but should be used sparingly. I looking forward to hearing the call outs and seeing this code/games progress.

To sum up. I like what I see so far. Seems there’s a lot more come.

#2508 6 years ago

Can someone send me a PM in a few years when GOTG is done?

#2509 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im guessing the mechanical part of groot isnt able to do anything but open and close? Red, ted, rudy have special gears and parts to allow it to happen. I hope im wrong and groot is capable of different thing's....

I don't think we are wrong. The days of talking Rudy and Ted heads are history. How great it could have been with Groot?

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think we are wrong. The days of talking Rudy and Ted heads are history. How great it could have been with Groot?

I think jjp and pat l cld bring it back with toy s or other future releases.....

#2511 6 years ago

i think the callouts will make all the difference, let's hope it's done right, 2 years should be enough, right?

the songs needs to be there, maybe not the way it is now but it's gotta be there somewhere, wizard mode, special awards etc..

#2512 6 years ago

I was watching the playfield without really paying attention to the LCD screen...it was extremely hard to tell what was going on without callouts.

I'm hoping they bring it to life with audio cues, because I hardly ever look up at the screen when I'm playing.

#2513 6 years ago

Can anyone with the game in hand (if that's even possible yet?) take a close-up of the instruction card please? I've searched unsuccessfully so far.

#2514 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think jjp and pat l cld bring it back with toy s or other future releases.....

As in Toy Story or Willy Wonka!

#2515 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Can anyone with the game in hand (if that's even possible yet?) take a close-up of the instruction card please? I've searched unsuccessfully so far.

It is posted someplace on this thread.

#2516 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

4dfc3ab27944dd5b2e3178896571542aa9ff67ba.png4dfc3ab27944dd5b2e3178896571542aa9ff67ba.png

#2517 6 years ago

Thank you Stern for not enticing me to buy this box of lights....

#2518 6 years ago

Oh, thank God I'm on my first NIB boycott, because of getting screwed over on shitty BM66 code, otherwise I would have pre-ordered this really great theme like I did with X-Men LE and BM66 LE and lose my ass yet again. I need to move a game or two to make room for new games but I can't cause I'd get annihilated on LE game cost losses. Wise words here folks whether you like it or not, "DO NOT pre-order, wait and let others take the NIB loss after they get disillusioned on poor game code and sell for a thousand dollars less." In other words, be patient and buy a slightly used game for a thousand dollars less. Think GB, HB, or pick your game.

#2519 6 years ago

perfection, much obliged! ah, the good of pinside; very refreshing!
and so quickly too. you're a rockstar.

#2520 6 years ago

After being an early adopter of one NIB game, I won't do it again. I'll have to see a completed game, not just a box of lights with partial software.

#2521 6 years ago

Wow. Game looks fast and fun... pretty much just like IM.

The LCD is a disappointment. At times it looks like they were just running the movie. Granted, I only watched about 20 mins of the stream, but the package in its entirety looks rather disjointed.

I think early buyers are going to be in for a LOOOONG ride.

#2522 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I doubt he's doing everything himself, but I was under the impression he directed everything.

Well, if he's the art director, the cohesiveness of JJPs screen work makes a LOT more sense. It's so far ahead of what any of the others are doing, it's not even funny. Seems like they'd recognize that and get a top level artistic director themselves, but so far...nothing.

Quoted from taz:

Oh, thank God I'm on my first NIB boycott, because of getting screwed over on shitty BM66 code, otherwise I would have pre-ordered this really great theme like I did with X-Men LE and BM66 LE and lose my ass yet again. I need to move a game or two to make room for new games but I can't cause I'd get annihilated on LE game cost losses. Wise words here folks whether you like it or not, "DO NOT pre-order, wait and let others take the NIB loss after they get disillusioned on poor game code and sell for a thousand dollars less." In other words, be patient and buy a slightly used game for a thousand dollars less. Think GB, HB, or pick your game.

Hard to get hurt with this advice. I think a lot of people are going this route this time.

#2523 6 years ago

I find a big difference in watching a stream and playing this game!

Yes, 100%, the code is in its infancy, yes, I hope for quality call outs, and Ill wait as well to see where code goes.

However, I enjoyed the crap out of the shots and the layout! Its fast, and clean, and has enough toys and shots to be a winner!

Is it a must have, for those that choose and get NIB..well thats entirely personal, and likely comparisons with other titles will come.
But I feel if your Newest game from Stern was Met or GB..its a very good option.

So much is right on this....Lets hope they finish and follow through???

#2524 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

But I feel if your Newest game from Stern was Met or GB..its a very good option.
So much is right on this....Lets hope they finish and follow through???

Why buy and hope when you can skip it, get a game with mature code, enjoy that for a year or so, then come back to this when it's actually not a mess?

Paying to play the Stern software waiting game is so 2014. I think people are starting to wise up as options for new machines proliferate.

#2525 6 years ago

I don't know for a fact, but I suspect this game has exceptionally early code because it was bumped ahead of Iron Maiden after the Trudeau arrest.

If I remember correctly some of the "insiders" were saying the Iron Maiden game was to be taken over the other Stern designers and re-designed to some degree.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2526 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's here and the code is horrible on release. Makes x-men release code look good.

What code version is it running, and are there callouts?

#2527 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why buy and hope when you can skip it, get a game with mature code, enjoy that for a year or so, then come back to this when it's actually not a mess?
Paying to play the Stern software waiting game is so 2014. I think people are starting to wise up as options for new machines proliferate.

Oh, I agree. If it was a JJP Game, Id feel good that the code would get finished.
With Stern, I love their games, but no, I would wait too.

#2528 6 years ago

does stern not know how to spell "lights" or is "lites" an american thing?

#2529 6 years ago
Quoted from grimnim:

does stern not know how to spell "lights" or is "lites" an american thing?

Stern does have a poor history with spelling on their playfields, but not this time.

"Lites" is okay in American English and shorter so it fits in tighter spaces. Having both a "g" and an "h" in there really fattens up the width of the word. "Lites" is much slimmer.

#2530 6 years ago

6A60EE50-FA0E-44A4-BC8F-AE1C262DC96D (resized).jpeg6A60EE50-FA0E-44A4-BC8F-AE1C262DC96D (resized).jpeg

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Sounds more like shop talk to me...not hating on DF but everyone I've spoken to that's played it has said there's no callouts yet. It's not just disabled for the stream.

That quote was truncated, he said, "The call outs are not in the game yet, they are not in this version of code." then he said jokingly they we left them out for this stream.

#2532 6 years ago

Did you miss tonight's stream of Guardians of the Galaxy?!
Here is the broadcast, backed up to Youtube!

Thanks for watching!

#2533 6 years ago

Side note, callouts were left out for this stream... BUT
I did get a preview of a few of them, and HOLY SH*T are they hilarious!
Can't wait for them to get tossed in!

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Side note, callouts were left out for this stream...

Why? How does it make sense to debut the game like this and leave out something so critical to first impressions?

Quoted from DeadFlip:

I did get a preview of a few of them, and HOLY SH*T are they hilarious!

Film clips or custom? If custom, which characters and how close to they sound to the real thing?

#2535 6 years ago

One of the only times I'll probably EVER agree with RH. Why on earth would you debut a game like this without at least some of the callouts?

All this did was give people a reason to wait another year before/if its ever done.

The introduction formula has to change up somehow.

Actually, it is what is, you work with what you got and that ain't good

The only thing that sells it for me is if LYMAN trots out there with BORG. What a cluster F

#2536 6 years ago

I just can't comprehend why Stern reveals games the way they do.
I sincerely appreciate the deadflip streams, but what kind of sense it make for Stern to not clarify what's ultimately going in the game (call outs/songs etc. shown in beta code or not) at this point?
The games are being shipped!

It's just really ridiculous to me.

#2537 6 years ago

Just watched a bit of the archive. Jack playing in a Rocket mask was the best part of the whole thing. I wish I had something else positive to say, but I don't. What the hell was Stern thinking letting that go out on stream like that? Better to tell people it's not ready than show this, but apparently they're actually shipping right now in this state? With Stern's track record of code? You'd have to be more of an optimist than I am to buy this game right now, that's for sure!

#2538 6 years ago

Did anyone else feel that the movie clips kind of cheapened the game? When I play pinball I don't want to be watching a movie. Also the Groot multiball lock is way too repetitive.

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just watched a bit of the archive. Jack playing in a Rocket mask was the best part of the whole thing. I wish I had something else positive to say, but I don't. What the hell was Stern thinking letting that go out on stream like that? Better to tell people it's not ready than show this, but apparently they're actually shipping right now in this state? With Stern's track record of code? You'd have to be more of an optimist than I am to buy this game right now, that's for sure!

Lets put it this way, I show the game with all the designers and programmers in a controlled environment first, with answerable questions and updates on whats coming, or some rando at a bar shows off their test game first with questionable quality and that's your first real look.
Either way, test games are out there, the callouts aren't in, but footage will be coming regardless.
Game companies show off beta releases all the time. This is no different.

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Did anyone else feel that the movie clips kind of cheapened the game? When I play pinball I don't want to be watching a movie. Also the Groot multiball lock is way too repetitive.

Kind of felt having the video always playing dulls the impact of using it as a reward.

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also, that mask was the fricken WORST to play in. All I could hear was myself breathing.

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Lets put it this way, I show the game with all the designers and programmers in a controlled environment first, with answerable questions and updates on whats coming, or some rando at a bar shows off their test game first with questionable quality and that's your first real look.

Love your work Jack! You're really stepping up the quality of the stream with the direct video and sound feed! Thanks Dude!

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Love your work Jack! You're really stepping up the quality of the stream with the direct video and sound feed! Thanks Dude!

That means a lot, bub. A lot of work goes into these streams, glad to hear positive things about it. <3

#2544 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Kind of feel having the video always playing dulls the impact of using it as a reward.

Yeah I totally agree. Star Trek did it better because gave you a good sense of urgency and the music worked well for me. The movie scenes in guardians felt very disconnected.

#2545 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Also, that mask was the fricken WORST to play in. All I could hear was myself breathing.

I just wanted to know *How much for ya Danger Danger T shirt : P

#2546 6 years ago

The layout looks great, but it looks like a long way to go still on code. Since it's borrowing heavily from Aerosmith, it probably won't take as long to get there as other games. But still, the game needs time to bake.

Good work on the stream. Much appreciated.

#2547 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I just wanted to know *How much for ya Danger Danger T shirt : P

The one off my back cost more, 'cuz of the musk I put into it. ;

#2548 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Either way, test games are out there, the callouts aren't in, but footage will be coming regardless.
Game companies show off beta releases all the time. This is no different.

I mean, I feel you, but that kind of overlooks the worst part, which isn't that they let it on stream like this (and none of this is your fault of course, you rolled with it as best you could I'm sure) but that they're SHIPPING like this.

Like, even in my most "haha let's make fun of Stern" mood I wouldn't think they'd do this. If I unboxed the game and it was like this I'd be pretty pissed. What the hell is going on with pinball now? Prices keep keep going up and what we get for it just seems like more and more of a joke.

Like the garbage ass prototype Aliens at Expo last year that were half assed and broken to shit had 500x more code than this. This isn't even demo in controlled environment ready, and they're shipping to people who are shelling out over 5 grand for the privilege?

I dunno what to even say. Thank goodness I'm hyped for my Total Nuclear Annihilation, new pinball is sure a downer right now.

#2549 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno what to even say. Thank goodness I'm hyped for my Total Nuclear Annihilation, new pinball is sure a downer right now.

Gary's "we could sell a box of lights" slip at expo pretty much sums up the hubris.

#2550 6 years ago

We need a graph dammit !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,495 (Firm)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.50
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/51?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.