2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 86.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm telling you. 100% of the people have failed this test. invisiglass is not as awesome as you fan boys think it is.

Newsflash... anti-glare glass... requires glare to have something to eliminate.

#202 2 years ago

I hope Thanos is in the game. Really liking what little pieces of the playfield we are seeing so far. It seems to capture the feel of the movie, which is summed up in one word: FUN! If the game delivers, I am definitely a buyer. Thanos purple armor, here I come!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And it does hardly anything for DMD/backglass glare.

Thats too bad, I was thinking of trying this just for dmd/back box light glare..
I tried those bent plastics but they didnt really help...

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thats too bad, I was thinking of trying this just for dmd/back box light glare..

It absolutely does help. It won't completely get rid of it on games that glare really bad but it does help a decent amount.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Bent plastics are useless. Just get in the way when they fall off during a game, or have to remove them when taking glass off. No thanks.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have space/money.
My wife & daughter like GOTG.
I'd like to buy one but then I ask myself... how long will code take?
3 years?
5 years?
Then I get sad (about Stern's track record)... and think instead I should get TNA, AFM or (gasp) JJP Pirates.

Why do you put yourself through the agony Curly

You already know the answer

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, in certain conditions it can be a drastic change. In a room where you have a ceiling fan in the middle of the room that doesn't throw any direct light on any game, you wont' see much of a difference if any. And it does hardly anything for DMD/backglass glare.

Your mileage may vary, like everything else in life.

#208 2 years ago

That running gag through both movies where Star Lord cant see through the windshield of his space ship because of that awful glare? Is that what were talking about? Thread title said Guardians of the Galaxy and I just got here and saw about a hundred posts about glass, so I have to assume all this talk about glass glare has to do with Star Lords super glare-y windshield.

I am Groot.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Bent plastics are useless. Just get in the way when they fall off during a game, or have to remove them when taking glass off. No thanks.

I always forget to remove them before I pull the glass, then it falls on to the playfield and I spend 2 minutes looking for damage...of course there never is any, but still...

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, in certain conditions it can be a drastic change. In a room where you have a ceiling fan in the middle of the room that doesn't throw any direct light on any game, you wont' see much of a difference if any. And it does hardly anything for DMD/backglass glare.

Your mileage may vary, like everything else in life.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I hope Thanos is in the game. Really liking what little pieces of the playfield we are seeing so far. It seems to capture the feel of the movie, which is summed up in one word: FUN! If the game delivers, I am definitely a buyer. Thanos purple armor, here I come!

He is, You can see his hand on his chair in one of the quick changing frames....

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have space/money.
My wife & daughter like GOTG.
I'd like to buy one but then I ask myself... how long will code take?
3 years?
5 years?
Then I get sad (about Stern's track record)... and think instead I should get TNA, AFM or (gasp) JJP Pirates.

Thinking of selling my Star Trek pro and getting pirates JJP. Plus I will need to add more cash, but it looks unbelievable

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shakers- No. There are maybe 5 games on the planet where a shaker should even be used. Every damn game shouldn't have a shaker, only if the theme warrants it.
Real backglass- no thanks. Ever had one burst in your hands? Screw that.
Anti glare glass- no thanks. This shit sucks. People in my house can't even tell what game even has it on. not one person.
Powder coated rails- Again...who cares.
what we really want ....is to have them shove this stuff up their ass, and bring back reasonable prices that reflect the disposable aspects the games are becoming. Get rid of this multi tier game system and stick with one model. If people want to add shit to it later. let them do it.

i agree with this 200%. those are aftermarket options that can be done easily for a lot less, it's not worth 3-4k more, never.
let us have things to shoot at, not figurines on a spring.
i'm afraid that Groot's head will be a bashing toy, please NO!!!

can't wait to see how the pro will be stripped down like a zizzle.
two ramps, one each side.
the $3 rocket figurine will be removed.
no spinners or maybe one if we are lucky.
no magnets.
no motor.
virtual ball lock.
a big Groot head on the PF that does absolutely nothing.
stand up targets.
if there's a mini PF, won't be on the pro.
2 or 3 pop bumpers on the upper right side, under the inlanes.

yeah, that's pretty much it, probably forgot a few things, gotta justify the price difference between the other versions.

on the other hand, artwork is sick!

#214 2 years ago

Borg makes a complete PRO. Look at XMEN PRO (2 magnets, 3 flippers, 2 ramps, physical ball lock, spinner)
I bet the PRO will be fairly complete and the other models will have a few add ons and candy)
I'm hoping the PRO gets the color GI though (this was missed on XMEN)

Quoted from beatmaster:

i agree with this 200%. those are aftermarket options that can be done easily for a lot less, it's not worth 3-4k more, never.
let us have things to shoot at, not figurines on a spring.
i'm afraid that Groot's head will be a bashing toy, please NO!!!
can't wait to see how the pro will be stripped down like a zizzle.
two ramps, one each side.
the $3 rocket figurine will be removed.
no spinners or maybe one if we are lucky.
no magnets.
no motor.
virtual ball lock.
a big Groot head on the PF that does absolutely nothing.
stand up targets.
if there's a mini PF, won't be on the pro.
2 or 3 pop bumpers on the upper right side, under the inlanes.
yeah, that's pretty much it, probably forgot a few things, gotta justify the price difference between the other versions.
on the other hand, artwork is sick!

#215 2 years ago

Table looks to be themed mostly around GOTG vol 1 and nothing from Vol 2. Not having baby groot, mantis and other characters introduced in the second film would be a big miss. Looks good and hoping for a fun game with deep rules.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Borg makes a complete PRO. Look at XMEN PRO (2 magnets, 3 flippers, 2 ramps, physical ball lock, spinner)
I bet the PRO will be fairly complete and the other models will have a few add ons and candy)
I'm hoping the PRO gets the color GI though (this was missed on XMEN)

i do hope you're right.

#217 2 years ago

Playfield looks barren. Cool drill toy.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

Playfield looks barren. Cool drill toy.

That's thunderbirds

#219 2 years ago

another thing, music from the movies as got to be in the game, this is a must.
Ooga Ooga Ooga Chaka, Ooga Ooga Ooga Chaka...
and all the other tracks, it's a big part of the movie.

if so, get ready for a price increase.

#220 2 years ago

Yes the music is a huge parts of the movies

#221 2 years ago

Apparently same price point as star wars.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Apparently same price point as star wars.

Apparent to whom?

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

He is, You can see his hand on his chair in one of the quick changing frames....

Nice! I am a huge Thanos fan and have a ton of his original comic art going back years ago. For a while, it was just me and a guy named Bill Woo (major, major comic art collector) who was buying Thanos artwork. The Avenger's movie made anything Thanos-related skyrocket. I might have to move my comic art and put it around the pin.

If anybody is interested in seeing original Thanos/GOTG comic art let me know and I will post some.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That 80’s Stern logo tho.

Jumping on that Total Nuclear Annihilation train!

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltySimpson:

Jumping on that Total Nuclear Annihilation train!

It's almost like Stern accidentally said, via that TNA looking graphic, "before buying GOTG please consider TNA"

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That doesn't make sense. There will be a GOTG Premium. Tron had no Premium, hence the great demand after the fact.
Also Tron LE was less than $5500 shipped when new. Just sayin.

I paid $4100 NIB

#227 2 years ago

57691451 (resized).jpg

#228 2 years ago

And tna was coping twilight zone and 80s style light grid since the story is based in the 80s, as is all the music from gotg so I could see why they did a 80s inspired logo.

tzpf (resized).jpg

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Apparent to whom?

One of the sellers in Canada, picked up my Xmen from me tonight that I trade in for my DI. I asked him about pricing and he told me all he knew apart from the twitter video was that a) pricing would be the same as star wars b)everything would be announced tomorrow. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen but I have no reason to doubt what he is saying. Also said that pro and a few LEs would be made in November.

#230 2 years ago

Man, I was just getting ready to drop some money on GB...now I have to wait and see.

#231 2 years ago

F**K! can't wait for 3 years to go by so I can see how the code turned out and decide if I want to buy one!

#232 2 years ago

Better not be like JJPOTC with no music, voices, or video that shows people’s faces. What a load of crap that is even if it’s Disney’s fault for being a PITA.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

all those cheap dudes with plastic flaps taped to their games down voted you. i upvoted you. i have invisiglass in mines. gave the plastic flaps to my cheapo friends.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

If anybody is interested in seeing original Thanos/GOTG comic art let me know and I will post some.

I am interested please do. I read all those issues as a youth I have some now I am going to get this one graded not worth a lot but damn might be one of the best comics ever made.
Digression.

I have some great guardians of the galaxies from back then too. They are worth not much but they are mint mint mint. Going to get em graded and sell some.

So I'm excited about gaurdians too as a theme. I hope it does well!

image (resized).jpeg

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

all those cheap dudes with plastic flaps taped to their games down voted you. i upvoted you. i have invisiglass in mines. gave the plastic flaps to my cheapo friends.

I use both invisiglass and glare guards in combination because they each do different things. Glare guards take care of glare caused by the display that invisiglass does not solve and invisiglass reduces overall glare and topper light glare.

#236 2 years ago

I know I have this to be graded. Go gaurdians go!

image (resized).png

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I know I have this to be graded. Go gaurdians go!

thats the gotg i remember!

#238 2 years ago

Looks like th eyes are used for the ball saver a la MET as well. You can see the text exolaining it under the drill in the one picture.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Better not be like JJPOTC with no music, voices, or video that shows people’s faces. What a load of crap that is even if it’s Disney’s fault for being a PITA.

Original music will solve the problem

*This is all in good fun, looking forward to the games full reveal.

Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
___

I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside my wallet
Stern, you just don't realize
What your games do for me
___

When you keep raising prices
My wallet is in your hands so tight
You let me know
Everything with the code will be alright
___

I'm hooked on a new Stern pin
I'm high on believing
That you're finish the code
___

Ramps are sweet as candy
It's flow stays on my mind
Gary, you got me thirsty
For another Stern design
___

Got a bug from you, Stern
But I don't need no code update
I'll just stay a victim
If I can for sure
___

All the good pinball gaming
When we're all alone
Keep it up Stern
Yeah, your games turn me on
___

I'm hooked on a new Stern pin
I'm high on believing
That you're finish the code

#240 2 years ago

I may order this too soon

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I may order this too soon

Looks like there's at least 3 magnets on the game which is cool and I think I see what is part of a motor of some kind in another pic. I'm hoping that with this game Stern returns to loading up games with cool and unique features like they did with GB.

#242 2 years ago

Come and Get Your Love!

#243 2 years ago

Great sneak peak by Stern. If this is the result of the new marketing director, I like it! This is a theme I have been anticipating for some time. I sincerely hope it’s a great game. I look forward to playing one at TPF!

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am interested please do.

Here are just a few for you. You have the return of Thanos in Silver Surfer 34, a next to impossible commission from Frank Cho, and a couple originals from Jim Starlin (Thanos' creator), as well as two pages of Thanos vs Guardians of the Galaxy.

Thanos and Death_Starlin (resized).jpg

Thanos by Cho (resized).jpeg

Silver Surfer 34 pg 7_Lim (resized).jpg

Thanos vs Spider-man and Thing_Starlin (resized).jpeg

Thanos_Jim Starlin (resized).jpg

Guardians 25_PG 9_Walker (resized).jpeg

Guardians 25_PG 12_Walker (resized).jpeg

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like there's at least 3 magnets on the game which is cool and I think I see what is part of a motor of some kind in another pic. I'm hoping that with this game Stern returns to loading up games with cool and unique features like they did with GB.

We should all hope and pray that this game is nothing like GB.

Quoted from Jargus:

Man, I was just getting ready to drop some money on GB...now I have to wait and see.

Wisest choice of all time.

#246 2 years ago

I don't want to derail the thread I want some original art. I always wanted a giger and a Frazetta.

But the Pinball game, I hope for success. For stern.

For everyone it's a win win.

I love magnets.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I don't want to derail the thread I want some original art. I always wanted a giger and a Frazetta.
But the Pinball game, I hope for success. For stern.
For everyone it's a win win.
I love magnets.

You have good and expensive tastes. Gigers go for the mid 4 figures and up and Frazettas start in the 5 figures and go way up from there. I have been trying to get a Clive Barker. He is prolific, but some of his mixed medium stuff is highly sought after.

Back to the game, I hope it is great. Depending upon the art, might would do the armor purple or Infinity Gauntlet gold. How about this as a topper or beside art? Only $1200 from Sideshow https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-thanos-on-throne-sideshow-collectibles-300434/

marvel-thanos-on-throne-maquette-silo-300434 (resized).png

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

bent plastics work great for DMD glare. eliminates it 100%. Backbox glare can be reduced by pulling out all the bulbs except 7. Space them out best you can. Reduces backbox glare by 80%. If it's florescent tube style. I replace those with an LED panel that can adjust the brightness of the whites. Which also stops the translight from getting brittle from the florescent as well. Years of exposure to florescent lights, makes translights super brittle, and prone to cracking, chipping and shattering.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That 80’s Stern logo tho.

Yeah... that rubs be the WRONG way... It's obviously a stab at Scott's TnA product... which I find distasteful.
Midly interested in this title... but honestly; I have no trust for Stern anymore.
I'll wait and buy second hand once the code and quality issues are confirmed.

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Midly interested in this title... but honestly; I have no trust for Stern anymore.
I'll wait and buy second hand once the code and quality issues are confirmed.

I don't think you're alone in this approach, especially with great alternatives like jPotC and Houdini coming up soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside