50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 86.
#151 6 years ago

I see Pod Chase on the PF - and that is in the second movie right? So both movie assets will be used. Right!?

#152 6 years ago

This GOTG unpopulated PF has more on it than a fully assembled Star Wars.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It would be a good way to steal back customers from jjp that were on jjpotc. I might be dreaming but who knows what awaits

I do agree with you 100% that all of that should be included.
They used to understand that.
We want shakers
We want real backglass
We want anti glare glass
We want powder coated rails.
We want extra working toys.

I personally could care less about signatures and numbered plaques.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's gotta be Steve Ritchie!!!

Maybe his watch, definitely not his left hand.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Looks like a motor actually.

Lol yes smart ass... but i believe it goes to a drop bank like on sm?

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Bah a theme I really have no interest in. Looks like the pinball themes are being gear'ed to the thirty something crowd.
oh well.......someone needs to tell Stern & Jersey Jack 30 somethings are in too much debt to afford NIB Pinball Machines. Besides I'll just buy a NIB GotG in 2020 when code is finished

Shouldn't you be saving for retirement instead of buying pins ya ol fart

#158 6 years ago

"who's on code" ?

easy, with these big X multiplicators on main shoots, its Lonnie
and here's a secret : while in multiball, if you get a mystery, it will be... ADD-A-BALL !!!

#159 6 years ago

Come and get your love....come and get your loooove....come and get your love come and get your love come and get your love now....

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol yes smart ass... but i believe it goes to a drop bank like on sm?

Sorry, I misread drop target with drop bank; wasn't trying to be a smart ass

Maybe so!

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

here's a secret : while in multiball, if you get a mystery, it will be... ADD-A-BALL !!!

I hope so! I rely on timing that shot for an ADD-A-BALL in MB. Frankly, I miss it on games that don't have a mechanic to continue a MB after a hard fought battle to get to there.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We want shakers
We want real backglass
We want anti glare glass

Who is this 'we' you're talking about? I don't really care about any of those things.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Who is this 'we' you're talking about? I don't really care about any of those things.

Agreed, I don't want any of those things, they don't matter to me.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Looks like a motor actually.

2 motors in that pic.

I heard 5 magnets!! (5 Magnets Levi!!!~!!)

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

2 motors in that pic.

So they are copying dialed in as well as TnA!? Geez stern!

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Here are the rumors I've heard:
- The game is rumored to be shipping in November
- It is rumored the game will be at IAAPA in Orlando which takes place November 13-17th
- Rumors that John Borg designed it and Christopher Franchi is the artist
- Rumored to have three flippers
- Rumored to have two ramps (not three as originally posted)
- Rumored to have a large Groot head that is possibly like Rudy on Funhouse and possibly eats pinballs
- Rumored that an upper flipper is used to hit the Groot head
- Rumored to have one of the best toppers ever
- Rumored to see the full reveal tomorrow
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-galaxy-rumor-round-jjp-pirates-new-info/

FYI - changed the number of ramps from three to two on this post, as my source changed his/her mind

#167 6 years ago

Its also going to be the same pricing as star wars.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Agreed. I like shakers on certain games, but to be added at my own discretion. Real backglasses just meant they're that much harder to replace if I make an "oops" when servicing and quite frankly, I don't want to have to pay for anti-glare glass or special powder coat. I'd much rather see that money go into better game features, stronger cabinets, etc.

#169 6 years ago

After reading these comics growing up and now seeing movies, I'm really pulling for this to be a home run. I want nothing more than to put an LE in my collection. Hope the full reveal is awesome.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Bah a theme I really have no interest in. Looks like the pinball themes are being gear'ed to the thirty something crowd.

Well the good news is I'm a decade younger than I realized!

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Customize it either way with Pinball Browser!

Nah. When I pay this much for something I want it done right. Sound package isn't just about tracks. It's about voice clips, custom voices, effects, mixing, choreography. I'm not doing their job for them when I buy something this expensive.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah. When I pay this much for something I want it done right. Sound package isn't just about tracks. It's about voice clips, custom voices, effects, mixing, choreography. I'm not doing their job for them when I buy something this expensive.

I have yet to hear a 'custom' package that sounds as good as the original. Cue points don't match up, things don't loop perfectly, ducking and volumes aren't right, etc. Doing pinball sound properly is an art, replacing stuff after the fact often doesn't work. For me at least it's not a solution to anything.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Better pic of underside... Looks like a drop bank in upper center ?

Long pointy edges on those PCBs really don't look either very good or durable. Poor design IMO.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

2 motors in that pic.

Homer_drool (resized).jpgHomer_drool (resized).jpg

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What a tough ass group.
All I am saying is Stern used to add value to their LE’s with actual upgrades.
If you want to pay thousands more for new artwork and signatures I’m not stopping you.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What a tough ass group.
If you want to pay thousands more for new artwork and signatures I’m not stopping you.

The LE has no compelling argument anymore. The price hike is not even remotely justified.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have yet to hear a 'custom' package that sounds as good as the original. Cue points don't match up, things don't loop perfectly, ducking and volumes aren't right, etc. Doing pinball sound properly is an art, replacing stuff after the fact often doesn't work. For me at least it's not a solution to anything.

WH20 reorchestration.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The LE has no compelling argument anymore. The price hike is not even remotely justified.

If they make it like TRON LE it will.....

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Thank you.
And as to the want none of that BS.
I can’t believe for a second someone does not want more working toys and features on their LE.
And if shakers and real backglass bothers you just sell them and get a translite and stationary game

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

If they make it like TRON LE it will.....

That doesn't make sense. There will be a GOTG Premium. Tron had no Premium, hence the great demand after the fact.

Also Tron LE was less than $5500 shipped when new. Just sayin.

#181 6 years ago
#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Hope those 3 magnets make their way onto the Pro...

Shit....I hope both flippers make it to the pro. Soon, you'll have to order the premium/LE just to get the cabinet.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What a tough ass group.

Ah! I didn't follow the thread back to the 'these should be LE items' - that makes a bit more sense.

To me, all of that stuff should be add ons (powder coat, fancy glass, fancy backglass, shaker, topper) so that the price can be kept down.

It'd be nice if the 'premium' was the same gameplay wise as the 'LE' (if they still insist on doing a stripped down pro, too) but left all those extra bits as optional add ons and the LE had all the dressings as a package price. Bring the price of the 'premium' down a bit and more easily justify the cost difference of the LE.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We want shakers
We want real backglass
We want anti glare glass

Shakers- No. There are maybe 5 games on the planet where a shaker should even be used. Every damn game shouldn't have a shaker, only if the theme warrants it.

Real backglass- no thanks. Ever had one burst in your hands? Screw that.

Anti glare glass- no thanks. This shit sucks. People in my house can't even tell what game even has it on. not one person.

Powder coated rails- Again...who cares.

what we really want ....is to have them shove this stuff up their ass, and bring back reasonable prices that reflect the disposable aspects the games are becoming. Get rid of this multi tier game system and stick with one model. If people want to add shit to it later. let them do it.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shakers- No. There are maybe 5 games on the planet where a shaker should even be used. Every damn game shouldn't have a shaker, only if the theme warrants it.
Anti glare glass- no thanks. This shit sucks. People in my house can't even tell what game even has it on. not one person.
what we really want ....is to have them shove this stuff up their ass, and bring back reasonable prices that reflect the disposable aspects the games are becoming.

old-man-yells-at-cloud (resized).jpgold-man-yells-at-cloud (resized).jpg

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This point ... I don't know what to say.

Though I've no desire to see it as a standard feature (would rather buy after market), the contention that it is not noticeable and the average person can't tell the difference is completely untrue.

I haven't seen the Stern product, or the cheapo low quality stuff, but JJP is immediately noticeable and a major improvement. Roman's / PDI / other similarly good stuff, people often forget it's there and smack their hand into the glass. Never heard of someone who isn't partially sighted do that with standard glass.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

This point ... I don't know what to say.
Though I've no desire to see it as a standard feature (would rather buy after market), the contention that it is not noticeable and the average person can't tell the difference is completely untrue.
I haven't seen the Stern product, or the cheapo low quality stuff, but JJP is immediately noticeable and a major improvement. Roman's / PDI / other similarly good stuff, people often forget it's there and smack their hand into the glass. Never heard of someone who isn't partially sighted do that with standard glass.

bullshit. I could have you stand in my gameroom and tell you to tell me which one, and I guarantee you will fail the test.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I tend to agree with you, but the movie soundtrack for Star Trek is great. There's a few times where it's a little wonky, but I really like the original score.

Marc

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bullshit. I could have you stand in my gameroom and tell you to tell me which one, and I guarantee you will fail the test.

LOL. They look nothing even remotely alike. Also, if you don't constantly clean them, the combination of dust and reflections / glare rapidly makes it a lot worse.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

LOL. They look nothing even remotely alike.

i'm telling you. 100% of the people have failed this test. invisiglass is not as awesome as you fan boys think it is.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what we really want ....is to have them shove this stuff up their ass, and bring back reasonable prices that reflect the disposable aspects the games are becoming. Get rid of this multi tier game system and stick with one model. If people want to add shit to it later. let them do it.

Let’s all write to Stern and tell them to please give us less for our money.
Oh wait we don’t have to.

I can’t believe I’m even having this conversation.

Let’s get back to GotG talk.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Lighting will determine everything. On my WoZ and DI, it's crystal clear and I sometimes get that "oh, the glass IS on..." effect. But at TPF, they had a Ghostbusters with the HD glass and it looked the same as any other game in the area. That said, when my glass is freshly cleaned on both sides, even the standard glass looks very clear. I just don't have many lights that would cause reflections to begin with.

#193 6 years ago

I have space/money.

My wife & daughter like GOTG.

I'd like to buy one but then I ask myself... how long will code take?

3 years?

5 years?

Then I get sad (about Stern's track record)... and think instead I should get TNA, AFM or (gasp) JJP Pirates.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm telling you. 100% of the people have failed this test. invisiglass is not as awesome as you fan boys think it is.

JJP Invisiglass is significantly less good than Roman's / PDI or a top of the line 'museum glass' type product. However, I'm sorry, but your eyesight is really quite poor if you can't tell the difference between it and standard glass.

But then I've had people telling me that it's impossible to tell the difference between standard glass (or even the cheapest hazed acrylic) and museum glass / acrylic equivalent for framing art, and who claim their vision is 20:20. Again, impossibly untrue.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How long will code take?
3 years?
5 years?

Now you want code? WTF, This is the new corporate Stern. Code is Extra.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have space/money.
Id buy one but then I ask myself... How long will code take?
3 years?
5 years?
Then I get sad

Me too.

fb (resized).jpgfb (resized).jpg

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

JJP Invisiglass is significantly less good than Roman's / PDI or a top of the line 'museum glass' type product. However, I'm sorry, but your eyesight is really quite poor if you can't tell the difference between it and standard glass.
But then I've had people telling me that it's impossible to tell the difference between standard glass (or even the cheapest hazed acrylic) and museum glass / acrylic equivalent for framing art, and who claim their vision is 20:20. Again, impossibly untrue.

I own one sheet of Stern HD glass, and I had it on my restored TAF. In comes Star Wars and it's under a skylight and I could not play the thing; the reflections were so bad during the day. HD glass went on and the game is perfect now. Can't tell my ass The before and after is the clearest thing in the world; big white rectangular light reflection vs barely anything.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have space/money.
I'd buy one but how long before mature code?
3 years?
5 years?
Then I get sad

Yeah, I am waiting for KISS and AS updates before thinking about buying another game unfinished.

Am liking what I see so far though.

#199 6 years ago

This whole invisiglass debate is so annoying, if the lighting of your game room and pins doesn't create a lot of glare it's going to be useless. It you situation results in a lot of glare then it's going to make a big difference. My personal situation my pins are in the basement and I have zero glare. I do have to get them down those frickin stairs.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I own one sheet of Stern HD glass, and I had it on my restored TAF. In comes Star Wars and it's under a skylight and I could not play the thing; the reflections were so bad during the day. HD glass went on and the game is perfect now. Can't tell my ass The before and after is the clearest thing in the world; big white rectangular light reflection vs barely anything.

yes, in certain conditions it can be a drastic change. In a room where you have a ceiling fan in the middle of the room that doesn't throw any direct light on any game, you wont' see much of a difference if any. And it does hardly anything for DMD/backglass glare.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 25.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/4?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.