50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 86.
#2401 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm either going to buy SW or GOTG next year for my 50th birthday, so I'm excited to see how both finish up and which is the looking good to me by this time next year. The only thing that would throw me off is if another A+ theme comes out. However, none of the rumored titles so far interest me so I'm probably going with one of these two. My wife will prefer GOTG so here's hoping the code, video, and soundalike call outs don't end up sucking the joy out of the theme.

GOTG is way better then SW not even close

#2402 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Damn those pics are crystal clear, best looking GOTG playfield pics yet!

Yep, would love to see the game with the playfield up and see under the playfield. Post more picts

#2403 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

In light of buying yourself something, yes, I find it slightly amusing to prefer choice A over Choice B JUST because your spouse wants one or the other. I wouldn't buy my wife a black shirt of the same style she requested just because I like black... I know she wants pink. Or something. I don't think it's absurd to not compromise on what you want for something like a birthday present. If she's buying it...then she can make the decision for what game, he's not going to complain either way. If he's buying it for himself, he's free to take that into consideration, because it's a big expensive game, but yeah...I think it's hilarious. The only reason I still own a Metallica is because quiddity likes it. I got tired of it 2 years ago. But it's HER machine. I'm not going to take it away and replace it with a BSD just because I'd rather have a BSD.
Give and take on both sides is the best approach. Sometimes you let your spouse get something or do something they really want, even if you can't really afford it or if you think it's a stupid purchase or decision, because it makes them happy, and you just stand back and shut up.

Your first response to my post made me laugh! I will try to clarify

I like the SW and GOTG themes equally well. Both are amongst my favorites. If the games turn out about equal in code, video, callouts, etc. -- i.e. they are both "fun to play" and they don't do something up that screws up the theme then I'd be super happy with either one. As to my wife having input on MY 50th birthday gift and swaying my decision... I've been married 20 years and she's the love of my life and my best friend. It's more fun to play pinball with her than without her so my advice is that the best gifts given and received are ones you can enjoy together.

#2404 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Rarehero posted up some examples of how they should be doing display work a few months ago, giving examples of an indie video game that was leveraging 3D graphics in a 2D format. I forget the exact game but it was spot on.
JJP does this on Dialed In and it looks amazing. You don't need to do photorealistic 3D rendering on a pinball machine because the screen isn't the primary focus. The disadvantage is that it's a lot more work than just cutting and pasting movie clips.

The beginning of On Stranger Tides multiball in JJP's PotC is a PERFECT example of making content that meshes with the video clips from the movie. It's based on the shot from the movie where the people are falling into the ocean shot from below, but they re-created it in 3D with pinballs falling into the water from a similar perspective. A good example of the imaginative and excellent, seamless art direction that binds the game together.

#2405 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I like the SW and GOTG themes equally well. Both are amongst my favorites. If the games turn out about equal in code, video, callouts, etc. -- i.e. they are both "fun to play" and they don't do something up that screws up the theme then I'd be super happy with either one. As to my wife having input on MY 50th birthday gift and swaying my decision... I've been married 20 years and she's the love of my life and my best friend. It's more fun to play pinball with her than without her so my advice is that the best gifts given and received are ones you can enjoy together.

Awwwe

You're gonna make me puke.

That's so sweet my toof hurts.

On the real tho, my gameroom is better if the whole family enjoys it so I 100% understand ya & I also base some of my decisions based on what the wife & kids enjoy.

I bet you get GOTG!

#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

It's nice that your wife wants to play pinball with you. I've been married almost 21 years and she shows no interest (she tried to indulge me a couple of times but watching her mash both flippers at the same time over and over wasn't much fun for either of us).

#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I've been married 20 years and she's the love of my life and my best friend. It's more fun to play pinball with her than without her so my advice is that the best gifts given and received are ones you can enjoy together.

Yeah...see...that's why I was okay getting Metallica in the first place. Thought we would play it a lot together?

It just simply doesn't happen. She's only interested when I'm halfass playing. If I'm stomping her into the ground every game because I'm actually trying, then we just don't play for months on end. Married 10 years, makes no difference. I've just accepted at this point that she humored me for a few years on pinball, but never really gave a damn. All good. I don't care if she likes Overwatch or not, and she doesn't really care that I don't like Grey's Anatomy or any of the other myriad of time-wasting-brain-decaying shows she enjoys.

Have tried and tried to involve her and the kids in my pinball crap, it's a futile effort.

#2408 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah...see...that's why I was okay getting Metallica in the first place. Thought we would play it a lot together?
It just simply doesn't happen. She's only interested when I'm halfass playing. If I'm stomping her into the ground every game because I'm actually trying, then we just don't play for months on end. Married 10 years, makes no difference. I've just accepted at this point that she humored me for a few years on pinball, but never really gave a damn. All good. I don't care if she likes Overwatch or not, and she doesn't really care that I don't like Grey's Anatomy or any of the other myriad of time-wasting-brain-decaying shows she enjoys.
Have tried and tried to involve her and the kids in my pinball crap, it's a futile effort.

You might try playing a "co-op" game together. Either one flipper each, or a 1-player game, alternating balls. Try to earn an extra ball to keep the other player going. It takes a bit of the competition out of it.

#2409 6 years ago

Been there, done that. Oh well..it'll be a moot point soon anyways. Metallica is leaving, as has the rest of my collection. The only thing that's staying for sure is Crescendo.

#2410 6 years ago

24D83FA7-3BD7-4603-9E9F-71BD375DBE9F (resized).jpeg24D83FA7-3BD7-4603-9E9F-71BD375DBE9F (resized).jpeg steve richie

#2411 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The beginning of On Stranger Tides multiball in JJP's PotC is a PERFECT example of making content that meshes with the video clips from the movie. It's based on the shot from the movie where the people are falling into the ocean shot from below, but they re-created it in 3D with pinballs falling into the water from a similar perspective. A good example of the imaginative and excellent, seamless art direction that binds the game together.
» YouTube video

Agree ! And that's me playing in that vid. I had everything stacked and ready to go ! JJPOTC is a phenomenal game.

#2412 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Agree ! And that's me playing in that vid. I had everything stacked and ready to go ! JJPOTC is a phenomenal game.

How does Gauardian play?

#2413 6 years ago

Will have my Guardians tomorrow between 3 and 5 EST according to the freight co. Stream to follow immediately!

#2414 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Will have my Guardians tomorrow between 3 and 5 EST according to the freight co. Stream to follow immediately!

DUDE YES! you know ill be tuning in!

#2415 6 years ago

Don't forget there is a deadflip stream tonight starting at 7pm eastern time U.S.

#2416 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Man I can’t wait to buy this from you next week!

#2417 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

DUDE YES! you know ill be tuning in!

awesome!!

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Man I can’t wait to buy this from you next week!

Better get that offer in then

#2418 6 years ago

I'd love to know what software version your machine ships.

Quoted from waspinat0r:

#2419 6 years ago

not wanting to be a "debbie downer" (I do like the playfield layout so far), but is it just me, or does the topper scream unimaginative and cash grab? (especially if stern attempts to charge $350-400 for it
GotG topper (resized).jpgGotG topper (resized).jpg

it looks like starlord's eyes will do the obligatory [light up]

#2420 6 years ago

just to keep feeding our addiction, best video so far of GOTG. @ 4:50-4:52 you can actually see Re-coil Premium/LE Rocket move, hope Stern will increase the movement time. Around the 6 min mark the video just goes black until 8:50/end

#2421 6 years ago

I was also let down when I saw the topper but maybe it will wow us when we see it in action

#2422 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I was also let down when I saw the topper but maybe it will wow us when we see it in action

If I look at that topper it seems that the figures might light up. Possibly individually to indicate who you are playing ow which mode you are. That would be nice, but in the end just 5 addressable leds

#2423 6 years ago

Anyone know the significance of the green boxes and grid lines on some of the video sequences?

Quoted from camcamaro1991:

just to keep feeding our addiction, best video so far of GOTG.
» YouTube video

#2424 6 years ago

Does the game have dialogue from the movie, or is it just the clips?

#2425 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not wanting to be a "debbie downer" (I do like the playfield layout so far), but is it just me, or does the topper scream unimaginative

If it has a software controlled light show, it might be awesome. I'd wait to see it.

LTG : )

#2426 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

just to keep feeding our addiction, best video so far of GOTG.
» YouTube video

Good video, thanks for sharing.

#2427 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

» YouTube video

I doubt they'd be willing to pay a seasoned pro like JP de Win the market rate, and I highly doubt an enthusiast of his experience and talent (of which there are few) would be given the kind of artistic license he is at JJP to consider a reduced fee.

So I suspect the mess will continue for the time being. How good AP and subsequent Spooky machines look, and how many units CGC sell next year probably determines how long it will take before they do something about it.

#2428 6 years ago

Here's another good video I do think think has been posted

#2429 6 years ago

I am looking forward to hearing the callouts when they are implemented. The movie clips appear to be all action and no dialogue scenes so that makes me think the callouts will not be tied to actor's mouths.

#2430 6 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Does the game have dialogue from the movie, or is it just the clips?

Sounds like voice actors based on previous comments which is a bummer at these prices. I know some people will say that it's not a big deal but as prices have risen so have expectations.

Hopefully the voice actors used are much better then those in the Pinball FX digital GOTG game...those are pretty bad.

#2431 6 years ago

When is the Deadflip stream?

#2432 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

When is the Deadflip stream?

tonight at 6cst/7est

#2433 6 years ago

I time stamped some of the current video highlights from the last week here: http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-galaxy-new-details-dead-flip-stream-details-willy-wonka/

Just a hold over until the Dead Flip stream

#2434 6 years ago

Sweet! Hopefully we can hear the callouts and music, most vids so far you cant hear much.

#2435 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

tonight at 6cst/7est

waspinat0r, where did you order your GOTG at that you are getting it today? Does this mean that you sold your Baywatch?

#2436 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

waspinat0r, where did you order your GOTG at that you are getting it today? Does this mean that you sold your Baywatch?

There is a distributor here in Iowa that had a few in stock this past weekend that hadn't been sold yet and he had one on location this past weekend too.

#2437 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not wanting to be a "debbie downer" (I do like the playfield layout so far), but is it just me, or does the topper scream unimaginative and cash grab? (especially if stern attempts to charge $350-400 for it

it looks like starlord's eyes will do the obligatory [light up]

I don't mind it but not diggin how it says "Guardians"... As others have stated the title is everywhere already...

Hopefully someone will make a better version

#2438 6 years ago

I want to see a giant Milano topper.

#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Where? Twich? URL?

#2440 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't mind it but not diggin how it says "Guardians"... As others have stated the title is everywhere already...
Hopefully someone will make a better version

Would have been great if it said "what a bunch of a-holes"

#2441 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I want to see a giant Milano topper.

You could put together a little diorama like this and save yourself about $393 ...

Milano (resized).jpgMilano (resized).jpg

#2442 6 years ago

You might want to check this out...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7HHO3E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2444 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I doubt they'd be willing to pay a seasoned pro like JP de Win the market rate, and I highly doubt an enthusiast of his experience and talent (of which there are few) would be given the kind of artistic license he is at JJP to consider a reduced fee.

Is he doing the in-game animations, too? I thought he just did JJPs logo and some promo stuff. I didn't know he was handling the in-game video, too.

#2445 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Where? Twich? URL?

http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables

However, Dead Flip will be doing the first gameplay reveal TONIGHT in 20m at

http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

#2446 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables
However, Dead Flip will be doing the first gameplay reveal TONIGHT in 20m at
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Your new "best game ever"?

#2447 6 years ago

The lack of audio for the video really disappointing.

#2448 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is he doing the in-game animations, too? I thought he just did JJPs logo and some promo stuff. I didn't know he was handling the in-game video, too.

I doubt he's doing everything himself, but I was under the impression he directed everything.

#2449 6 years ago

Does anybody know if there is going to be any call outs from the movie or at least Voice actors,I can't believe stern would leave it like this.you would think something would be in the game by now.i stopped watching after a few minutes,and the pre and le is the same game for the most part.

#2450 6 years ago

I'm watching the twitch feed and that "ooka chaka, ooka chaka" intro to that song already makes me want to take a sledge hammer to this thing.

It's great that they have a few songs that everyone wanted but this song will get old incredibly fast.

Now I see why some people say music written specifically for pinball is better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/49?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.