50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 86.
#2151 6 years ago

Still think the right scoop should have been the Walkman. Shoot it and you can change song etc. Some modes build up the track list from a couple of "pop songs" to the full track list. Anyway. I'm sure the game still rocks and looking forward to playing it.

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I know this is the wrong pinball machine.
I know the cassette is to big.
I am using Star Wars pinball machine to figure out a good size for the cassette, this is an original for size and color for the cassette. We are going to have the cassette sprockets turning inside.
We are thinking about 2/3 of the original size, what do you guys think?
Dan

Thanks for doing my idea dan
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lod-tape-mod

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I love the crazy mish-mash of scale in that picture. Tie figher as big as a destroyer as big as the death star. Good stuff.

if stern would have done it to scale, that spring holding up the tie fighter would have been the only thing that you saw.

thank being said, the whole death star "egg" is just a travesty and they would have been better off to incorporate it as projected video onto the cabinet's backboard so that the whole "blowing up of the death star" could have been something special instead of what it turned out to be

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if stern would have done it to scale, that spring holding up the tie fighter would have been the only thing that you saw.
thank being said, the whole death star "egg" is just a travesty and they would have been better off to incorporate it as projected video onto the cabinet's backboard so that the whole "blowing up of the death star" could have been something special instead of what it turned out to be

Stern Star Wars...

The only pinball machine where I cant decide if it's broken my heart or violated my corn.

#2155 6 years ago

and getting back to epthegeek's comment about the scale issues from star wars. GotG is no better

using that image from the previous page, rocket is small enough to fit inside the orb that the infinity stone was contained in and groot is as huge as a skyscraper. way to go stern!
IMG_9532 (resized).jpgIMG_9532 (resized).jpg

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

groot is as huge

I do think that the Groot arms are too big and are distracting. I thought the hammer was huge and distracting on Metallica Premium/LE but these Groot arms are HUGE! They turned me off enough to order the Pro, it made my decision easier. People talking about adding more crap makes me chuckle. Let's add a huge Walkman in Groot's huge hands and try to eliminate the entire playfield view-Awesome where can I buy!

It's Huuuuuuge.pngIt's Huuuuuuge.png

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do think that the Groot arms are too big and are distracting. I thought the hammer was huge and distracting on Metallica Premium/LE but these Groot arms are HUGE! They turned me off enough to order the Pro, it made my decision easier. People talking about adding more crap makes me chuckle. Let's add a huge Walkman in Groot's huge hands and try to eliminate the entire playfield view-Awesome where can I buy!

Arms look to be easily removed. So, if a buyer wants all of the Premium features, minus the arms, it shouldn't be a problem.

#2158 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Arms look to be easily removed. So, if a buyer wants all of the Premium features, minus the arms, it shouldn't be a problem.

seems like there are plenty of pro buyers that would purchase unused arms...

#2159 6 years ago

Photos (including the LCD) from IAAPA - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy#post-4073038

Notes Cherry Bomb, Hooked on a feeling are in... and 2 more songs to come!

#2161 6 years ago

OK this game has my attention, hopefully we get one on location here soonish. Looks fun as hell but still need to play before I pull any triggers.

#2162 6 years ago

Rules seem similar to Aerosmith. The mode select looks like the song select. That's not a bad thing, I like Aerosmith. It's impossible to tell how much it might differ based on a short clip, but the Dead Flip stream should really show how things are working.

Still lots of placeholder stuff in there, and there's a lot of dead time on the LCD. Should be fun watching as things are added leading up to launch.

#2163 6 years ago

Gulf Coast's gameplay video rehosted on youtube for those without facebook

Credit is of course to them - only hosting on YT for compatibility

#2164 6 years ago

Guys here is a link to the live stream of GOTG right now as it's happening!!!

https://www.facebook.com/neil.mcrae.330/videos/1472910669490359/

#2165 6 years ago

Music was going to make or break this is exciting news!!

B503008D-4475-4CF9-8F8D-CEEB23AF5C70 (resized).pngB503008D-4475-4CF9-8F8D-CEEB23AF5C70 (resized).png

#2166 6 years ago

Animations are as expected. I didn’t see anything during Groot multiball, so it’s probably still early.

Looks very promising with a great layout!

#2167 6 years ago

Not sure if you guys could see that post see but here is some footage also from the boys at SDTM:

#2168 6 years ago

Yay, we get to here "ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb" over and over and over again every time we play a game. Augh. I guess maybe a handful of pinsiders will be happy about hearing that over and over again...

At least the original musical score sounds really nice and seems to be more predominant.

#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yay, we get to here "ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb" over and over and over again every time we play a game. Augh. I guess maybe a handful of pinsiders will be happy about hearing that over and over again...
At least the original musical score sounds really nice and seems to be more predominant.

Said in the videos that the songs aren’t fully integrated yet...

#2170 6 years ago

The tape player is about as obvious as adding a Millenium Falcon to Star Wars Pro and almost every modder out there was probably at least thinking about that since (or before) the announcement. Differentiate your mod by making it the best one out there, it looks like you already have a great attention to detail and can deliver what we all want. I know you make the best IM decals out there!

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Said in the videos that the songs aren’t fully integrated yet...

Yes, I fully realize that, however, more integration isn't going to stop the repetition.

#2172 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

As long as we can switch songs out later, it's fine, but that's a song I'd rather never hear

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

As long as we can switch songs out later, it's fine, but that's a song I'd rather never hear

Aren’t there 3 other songs in addition to cherry bomb as well as the original score music?

#2174 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I love Dialed In, but anything is better that that background music, so I'm good.

#2175 6 years ago

Looking good, but I think this pin needs Rocket doing the call outs for Groot with the humour

#2176 6 years ago

I’m sure it was just the opening sequence that affected me this way, but I really identify “Come and get your love” with the series. I hope it makes it in. If not, it would be a great replacement for Cherry Bomb if I owned a one.

Looking good so far!

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love Dialed In, but anything is better that that background music, so I'm good.

Did you know the main song in Dialed In has lyrics?

#2178 6 years ago

Does anyone know if Stern's bringing it to Free Play Florida later this week?

#2179 6 years ago

Some people have said they wish GOTG had metal ramps. We know this has almost an identical layout to MET. I'm wondering if MET's ramps could be used...?

If the ramp entrance locations and widths are identical, all someone would need to do is 3D Print a small plate with a raised 'M' logo (plate adheres to ramp from underneath) and then recreate the Premium ramp decals to smooth over that area for aesthetics.

From there, as long as there were enough mounting locations to support the ramps, the GOTG ramp-mounted flashers would need a mod to either support or relocate them. Thankfully you now have 4 giant holes on the back-panel to which you can start mounting flashers or toys that can hold flashers. Just a thought.

#2180 6 years ago

Cherry Bomb is my least wanted song. It's so repetitive as a song no desire to hear it over and over on the pin. It would have been perfect to sample the guitar riff and chorus.

#2181 6 years ago

Let's not complain about songs being added. 4 or more is a good thing. Spirit In the Sky up next!

#2182 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Did you know the main song in Dialed In has lyrics?

Definitely did not.

#2183 6 years ago

Looks like this is going to be a fantastic game to me! As far as the music goes you can probably turn it off I am sure and they may change it in a code update so that you don't have to listen to cherry bomb over and over. I have a feeling that they just threw these songs in there at the last minute because people wanted the music. The game looks amazing though I think.

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's not complain about songs being added. 4 or more is a good thing. Spirit In the Sky up next!

sorry ted, had to give you a thumbs down you for 'spirit in the sky'. I've heard that song way too many times in my lifetime to have it pop up and suffer through it another lifetime's worth on a pinball machine

#2185 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Cherry Bomb is my least wanted song. It's so repetitive as a song no desire to hear it over and over on the pin. It would have been perfect to sample the guitar riff and chorus.

The great thing about the songs being implemented into the game and hopefully nicely choreographed into the mode/s is that it gives anyone who wants to replace tracks, file points/locations to swap out in pinball browser, it would be a lot harder to add tracks and sync them nicely if there was no tracks to begin with so it’s a win win imo.

#2186 6 years ago

lol, pinside. 43 pages of posts complaining that there's not going to be any songs from the movie in the game.....now we get to look forward to another 43 pages of posts complaining about which songs from the movie are in the game. lol, I love this place.

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The great thing about the songs being implemented into the game and hopefully nicely cheographed into the mode/s is that it gives anyone who wants to file point/locations to swap out in pinball browser, it would be a lot harder to add tracks and sync them nicely if there was no tracks to begin with so it’s a win win imo.

I'm not a fan of the whole it's better than nothing or you can fix it yourself. I still think the best thing Stern could have done is integrate songs into modes and add the create your own mix tape feature. Just avoid the license issue and they could still have planned the modes around the songs. So many better options.

#2188 6 years ago

It's way too early to know how this will all be integrated. Even Cherry Bomb could be used as a placeholder. Look at how Star Wars has changed. The theme is used much more differently than it was when first unveiled.

#2189 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

lol, pinside. 43 pages of posts complaining that there's not going to be any songs from the movie in the game.....now we get to look forward to another 43 pages of posts complaining about which songs from the movie are in the game. lol, I love this place.

Dude exactly! Almost comical at this point.

#2190 6 years ago

I'd want "Fox on the Run", but since this game is only about the first movie, I'm sure it's not going to be included.

Oh well, Pinball Browser to the rescue again!

#2191 6 years ago

Looks cool.

I will say what little LCD content I saw sure seems super plain tho.

I’m getting very excited however. Stoked!

*Still not buying shit until it’s done & they finish my Aerosmith... no matter how many F’n songs they add.

#2192 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Looks cool.
I will say what little LCD content I saw sure seems super plain tho.
I’m getting very excited however. Stoked!
*Still not buying shit until it’s done & they finish my Aerosmith... no matter how many F’n songs they add.

You're going to buy it, I can tell!

#2193 6 years ago

Just as I am sure you thought about that before you posted, we also thought about it long ago. When you posted we already had a walkman being shipped to us to get proper colors and measurements. I am sorry, but it is a pretty obvious idea. We have other mods that we are working on for that game, and just like the cassette, they were thought of a while ago. I also expect other mod makers to be making a version of this.

#2194 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Just as I am sure you thought about that before you posted, we also thought about it long ago. When you posted we already had a walkman being shipped to us to get proper colors and measurements. I am sorry, but it is a pretty obvious idea. We have other mods that we are working on for that game, and just like the cassette, they were thought of a while ago. I also expect other mod makers to be making a version of this.

yeah I know.. sorry for being all pissy.

#2195 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're going to buy it, I can tell!

#2196 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

» YouTube video

Lmao.....thats funny dude! Hey I'm going to try to get one, I'll admit it.

#2197 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Its the same as TWD...

Pinside: we want a pin with zombies
Stern: ok cool, heres walking dead:
Pinside: noooooo, not THAT zombie...

#2198 6 years ago

GOTG to me seems nice all around. I haven't said that about a Stern game in quite some time. For me, it's all about code and esthetics and value for money spent. So far Stern seem to be heading in the right direction. Time will tell. I just wish Spike wasn't some damn "fail and replace" kinda system instead of "fail and fix". The other thing would be to find out if the node boards are unique to Guardians or interchangeable with other games.

#2199 6 years ago

I'm really liking it so far! I can't wait to play one
From my perspective, this pin is a great step in the right direction for Stern, and pinball. I'm excited

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yes, I fully realize that, however, more integration isn't going to stop the repetition.

Every game you own has a limited amount of songs, usually with 15-20 second loops. Why do people only complain about repetition when it comes to licensed music? The music is from the movie, so it's thematically correct. If you like the movie, you theoretically like the songs, and their placement in the game only adds to the immersion factor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,495 (Firm)
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.