50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 86.
#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, you'd think this was a band pin.

Well it’s not that weird that people are talking music in this thread ... it’s not a band pin but the movies prominently feature mix tapes and are very self conscious about what music is playing at all times.

#2102 6 years ago

Agreed about the music obsession. Movies and pins are much different entertainment experiences. Movies have scenes that only last part of a song with focus on video. With pins, you are focused on game play and going to hear that song repeat many times. I rather have hundreds of callouts, sound effects, and such than a few songs I have heard a 100 times already. I like the idea of playing short clips of songs for special times in gameplay like jackpots or specials.

#2103 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No tip ever from him, no way.

I still remember the exact house and the guy's last name "Winkler" that screwed me over probably a hundred times in my first stint delivering pizzas in Plano TX. Mid 50's fat white guy, truly a pathetic specimen of humanity. You could tell the guy was a total slob and gave no f--ks about anything or anyone. Never said a word to me in all those deliveries, typically answered the door in what I would call pajama pants and an undershirt.....in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week. Delivery drivers have long memories. Customers would do well to remember that

Quoted from Azmodeus:

it was cool that you guys still made pizza the way they wanted it. Applause.

I don't think it's a big deal at all. Money is money, and they paid theirs, and got what they wanted. We also had customers that would order a dough ball, have us stretch it out and put it on a screen they had bought from the store. They presumably (?) took it home, put their own stuff on it, and put it in their oven. Or maybe they just really liked eating dough. LOL. I don't know that stores these days would do that... not in the lawsuit-happy world we exist in now.

#2104 6 years ago

More finishes in nebula i do. All powdercoat

20171112_110100 (resized).jpg20171112_110100 (resized).jpg

20171112_105940 (resized).jpg20171112_105940 (resized).jpg

20171112_110100 (resized).jpg20171112_110100 (resized).jpg

20171112_110120 (resized).jpg20171112_110120 (resized).jpg

20171112_110115 (resized).jpg20171112_110115 (resized).jpg

20171112_110104 (resized).jpg20171112_110104 (resized).jpg

20171112_105946 (resized).jpg20171112_105946 (resized).jpg

#2106 6 years ago

When you guys are ready im taking orders

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Not sure that's fair - you don't exactly go to Disneyworld or Disneyland and think "Wow, Disney is cheap with their stuff" or "This ride looks cheap". If anything, they almost spare no expense when it comes to their parks and experiences - it's full immersion. I think there's also a difference between "cheap" and "business conscience". They certainly put a lot of detail (money) into their parks that are minuscule and not noticeable to a lot of people. I'd personally think the GOTG music would not be something they would cheap out on as it is a big part of the experience. There must be more to it than that.

That's the impression they've built... but not the Disney of the last 20 years. . Just the Disney hobby and find out all the dirty details of how especially in the mid 2000s leadership ran things quite different.

#2108 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

If anything, they almost spare no expense when it comes to their parks and experiences - it's full immersion.

Two words - Disco Yeti.

Look it up.

#2109 6 years ago

Sorry if someone mentioned this already but Stern has posted the promo flyer for the PRO model. Just wanted to make sure this forum saw it (again, if not already posted)

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/guardians-of-the-galaxy/pro/GPTG%20PRO%20Flyer.pdf

#2110 6 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Sorry if someone mentioned this already but Stern has posted the promo flyer for the PRO model. Just wanted to make sure this forum saw it (again, if not already posted)
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/guardians-of-the-galaxy/pro/GPTG%20PRO%20Flyer.pdf

Link doesn't work here, page not found is all I am getting.

#2111 6 years ago

Here you go...

359FBA31-27F9-45EA-8348-DF974B58C2DC (resized).jpeg359FBA31-27F9-45EA-8348-DF974B58C2DC (resized).jpeg

920524F0-0777-49DD-B773-4370BEA5BFE5 (resized).jpeg920524F0-0777-49DD-B773-4370BEA5BFE5 (resized).jpeg

#2112 6 years ago

if it was used for promotion, it's not a sound track song.

#2113 6 years ago

Pop songs...

It doesnt say from when...

Watch it end up as Spice Girls & Milli Vanilli

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pop songs...
It doesnt say from when...
Watch it end up as Spice Girls & Milli Vanilli

No those won’t fit in with Come and get your love multiball!

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No those won’t fit in with Come and get your love multiball!

If you wanna get with groot, you gotta get with my friends.

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think you are being pedantic. Track 3 on the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Volume 1 is Spirit in the Sky. Thus, it is fair game.

Personally, I hope it is not in the game because that song would be horrible in a game setting.

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Personally, I hope it is not in the game because that song would be horrible in a game setting.

As would a lot of them. Personally I will be happy with a tastefully done bootleg ROM done with Pinball Browser. The one in my Ironman VE is awesome with only a few changes. Just having Shoot to Thrill would have been enough to make me happy. The STLE one is great too. Not to mention you can pick your own songs if you know what you are doing.

#2118 6 years ago

2 more days until IAAPA and we get to see this game! Can't wait for someone to post pics/video!!!!!

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Or alternately, it’s on the official soundtrack, therefore it’s literally a soundtrack song.

Also the backstory on that song is awesome, the artist wanted to cash in on the Christian rock craze but knew little about Christianity, so he just threw it together based on his rough impressions. Instant classic!

#2120 6 years ago

If Stern can deliver a soundtrack for this pin as good as the one they delivered for Ironman, I doubt many of us would be unhappy, playing IM with the volume cranked up earlier, damn it is one good sounding pin!

#2121 6 years ago

it's been awhile since I had the actual soundtrack in my hand. I pulled all the songs off and made them MP3 so I can have them on my car chip. I didn't pull that one off tho. Must have been because it was never in the movie. Seems weird they put it on the soundtrack when it wasn't even used in the movie. never seen that before.

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern can deliver a soundtrack for this pin as good as the one they delivered for Ironman, I doubt many of us would be unhappy, playing IM with the volume cranked up earlier, damn it is one good sounding pin!

Yeah I put the oversized subwoofer and new backbox speakers in my IMVE and it sounds awesome. GOTG is a SPIKE game so it has much better sound quality. 2.1 sound with no compression... I look forward to playing and hearing this game.

#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As would a lot of them. Personally I will be happy with a tastefully done bootleg ROM done with Pinball Browser. The one in my Ironman VE is awesome with only a few changes. Just having Shoot to Thrill would have been enough to make me happy. The STLE one is great too. Not to mention you can pick your own songs if you know what you are doing.

When AC/DC was released, I would sing the praise of the jukebox concept over and over again. It was the greatest game I'd ever owned and you could pick a whole song out of a list of 12 classic AC/DC tracks for variety....then Metallica was released. My favourite band from high school.

Fast forward 4 years of ownership....go to play a game. Despite the variety in songs, it now seems like a chore listening to those tracks even though i still love the songs. In the case of Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm probably a bit younger than most hobbyists (?) and those songs have no connection to me whatsoever and the majority of the soundtrack music doesn't seem like they would fit into a game of fast pinball. Maybe snippets during multiball might be ok, but personally they'd get old fast if it was jukebox style. I like how Tron had some memorable soundtrack music, but also original pinball tracks in the same style. I think a happy medium with Guardians will be fine. Did 90s pinball machines suffer due to lack of movie soundtrack songs?

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's been awhile since I had the actual soundtrack in my hand. I pulled all the songs off and made them MP3 so I can have them on my car chip. I didn't pull that one off tho. Must have been because it was never in the movie. Seems weird they put it on the soundtrack when it wasn't even used in the movie. never seen that before.

It’s strangely common to use songs in previews that aren’t in the movie (first one I remember noticing was actually “Mr. Blue Sky” from the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind preview, which I was then psyched to hear in the movie and of course did not). But I don’t know how often those songs make it onto the soundtrack! Maybe it was planned to be used in a deleted scene or something? Or maybe they were buying the rights anyway so figured what the hell let’s throw it on the soundtrack? Either way, a bit odd.

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s strangely common to use songs in previews that aren’t in the movie (first one I remember noticing was actually “Mr. Blue Sky” from the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind preview, which I was then psyched to hear in the movie and of course did not). But I don’t know how often those songs make it onto the soundtrack! Maybe it was planned to be used in a deleted scene or something? Or maybe they were buying the rights anyway so figured what the hell let’s throw it on the soundtrack? Either way, a bit odd.

Thats just like the movie twister. The trailer showed a tractor tire flying through the windshield during the tornado scene, then when I went and saw the movie it wasnt in the scene...I was so dissapointed, I went to see the tire, not Helen Hunt drivin around with Chet...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Did 90s pinball machines suffer due to lack of movie soundtrack songs?

Plenty of DE games had licensed music. Lethal Weapon 3 had C&C Music Factory & some others. I think Last Action Hero had AC/DC and some others. Apollo 13 had Spirit in the Sky. Getaway had ZZ Top. Twilight Zone has then Golden Earring song of the same name. Most movie pins had the score music from the movie it was based on. So, in that sense GOTG having songs from the movie wouldn't be out of the ordinary - movie sound is part of a movie's character, and the songs in GOTG are a massive part of the movie's personality and DNA.

#2127 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thats just like the movie twister. The trailer showed a tractor tire flying through the windshield during the tornado scene, then when I went and saw the movie it wasnt in the scene...I was so dissapointed, I went to see the tire, not Helen Hunt drivin around with Chet...

Hey Dudes!

chet (resized).jpgchet (resized).jpg

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Plenty of DE games had licensed music. Lethal Weapon 3 had C&C Music Factory & some others. I think Last Action Hero had AC/DC and some others. Apollo 13 had Spirit in the Sky. Getaway had ZZ Top. Twilight Zone has then Golden Earring song of the same name. Most movie pins had the score music from the movie it was based on. So, in that sense GOTG having songs from the movie wouldn't be out of the ordinary - movie sound is part of a movie's character, and the songs in GOTG are a massive part of the movie's personality and DNA.

Sorry, I should have been more clear...I don't expect a game to have a full selectable jukebox style audio track in the game unless it's a music themed band pin. If they have parts of two popular "pop" songs from the movies during multiball, I would be happy. But that's just me.

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, you'd think this was a band pin.
I'm not buying this game, I already know that, so I have no horse in the race, but personally the more old songs they include the less appealing it gets. I don't want to listen to them over and over, give me actual pinball music instead.
People get all caught up in what they think things should be, but listening to a classic rock mixtape isn't the important thing about playing the game.

What they think it should be? Like the art for example Aurich? Maybe people should stick with the original art instead of buying crappy rehashes. The art or the music aren't important wouldn't you agree? Why complain with what you get.

#2130 6 years ago

Here is a rendered example of what you can expect with the GOTG Pin Stadium kit installed when the UV+Glow flasher option hits the playfield in a brief moment of time. They really made some vivid UV reactive colors on this playfield and it's going to come alive folks!

Guardiansofthegalaxypinball (resized).pngGuardiansofthegalaxypinball (resized).png

#2131 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im hoping for Tons of movie callouts!
Overload this baby!

Just like they did with Ghostbusters? LOL!!!!

#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Just like they did with Ghostbusters? LOL!!!!

Yea, where's the Bobby Brown song?

#2133 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Sorry, I should have been more clear...I don't expect a game to have a full selectable jukebox style audio track in the game unless it's a music themed band pin. If they have parts of two popular "pop" songs from the movies during multiball, I would be happy. But that's just me.

Agreed. It shouldn't have a jukebox - just a few songs that work well in the context of certain modes or multiballs.

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agreed. It shouldn't have a jukebox

It needs a Walkman

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It needs a Walkman

It needs a Walkman where the reels start spinning everytime the Awesome Mix songs start playing........

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That looks f'in awesome.

+1

Now that's how the LE armour should look.

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

More finishes in nebula i do. All powdercoat

Yeah, I really like that powder coat job. Might be the first time I splurge on something like this. Do you have a website or a link or anything else to other styles?

#2138 6 years ago

Wanna hear all the songs? Just play the Soundtrack in the background.....

#2139 6 years ago

Why did Stern choose the broker over the collector for a playfield drop target shot/virtual ball lock? Especially since the orb is opened by the collector's machine in the movie, the pins = pro opened non moving, premium/LE open & close via motor. Benicio del Toro licensing? I hate to nit pick but I just don't find the broker all that important to the movie nor theme, the collector has been in a handful of the Marvel films (3x I believe). The collector is much more memorable character IMO.

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It needs a Walkman where the reels start spinning everytime the Awesome Mix songs start playing........

That would be cool and the topper could incorporate that idea nicely being something like you see on the Milano scene:

B9A4587A-A38D-4915-85A4-EF6BFD18E74A (resized).jpegB9A4587A-A38D-4915-85A4-EF6BFD18E74A (resized).jpeg

#2141 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Why did Stern choose the broker over the collector for a playfield drop target shot/virtual ball lock? Especially since the orb is opened by the collector's machine in the movie, the pins = pro opened non moving, premium/LE open & close via motor. Benicio del Toro licensing? I hate to nit pick but I just don't find the broker all that important to the movie nor theme, the collector has been in a handful of the Marvel films (3x I believe). The collector is much more memorable character IMO.

Benecio del Toro did not want to be apart of GOTG licensing. Collector would have been cool though.

#2142 6 years ago

I know this is the wrong pinball machine.
I know the cassette is to big.

I am using Star Wars pinball machine to figure out a good size for the cassette, this is an original for size and color for the cassette. We are going to have the cassette sprockets turning inside.

We are thinking about 2/3 of the original size, what do you guys think?

Dan

cassette size (resized).jpgcassette size (resized).jpg

#2143 6 years ago

Someone should turn the speaker grills into the walkman..

#2144 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Someone should turn the speaker grills into the walkman..

That's a great idea, kinda like someone did with Aerosmith and the Marshall speaker grills.

#2145 6 years ago

Didn't someome earlier in this thread show the perfect location for a Walkman, which would be in the apron.

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I am using Star Wars pinball machine

I love the crazy mish-mash of scale in that picture. Tie figher as big as a destroyer as big as the death star. Good stuff.

#2147 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I know this is the wrong pinball machine.
I know the cassette is to big.
I am using Star Wars pinball machine to figure out a good size for the cassette, this is an original for size and color for the cassette. We are going to have the cassette sprockets turning inside.
We are thinking about 2/3 of the original size, what do you guys think?
Dan

Unless it’s going in the apron don’t bother, with the groot head and hands on the Prem and LE a cassette in their will not only look out of place but cluttered.

The ideas about having a cassette in the apron or in the speaker grill are awesome and wouldn’t clutter up the playfield, both ideas would be awesome and blend seamlessly into the pin.

#2148 6 years ago

Walkman in Groot's hand...

#2149 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It would just block more of the playfield, I love the idea of the cassette in the apron because it’s like your star lord jamming with his awesome mix tape playing or in the speaker grills so it looks like the cassette player in the Milano both are awesome ideas and would blend seamlessly into the game without cluttering the playfield.

Look at that playfield it’s stunning why would anyone want to block anymore of Franchi’s art? He knocked the art out of the park would be a shame to cover it.

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Already been done:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/29#post-4054813

Pm me for pricing. No just kidding.

IMG_9532 (resized).JPGIMG_9532 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/43?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.