2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 86.
#2051 2 years ago

All modern pinball machines have very repetitive music. It is the nature of it being a game that gets reset each time you start a new game.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

All modern pinball machines have very repetitive music. It is the nature of it being a game that gets reset each time you start a new game.

Yes, but some that are well done, like TNA dont get under your skin.

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Spirit in the Sky was used in Apollo 13 during multiball!
The GOTG ride at Disneyland has 6 different classic songs, none from the movie, but they totally work since they're really high energy songs. Any of those could work well in the game...but if they're gonna license it prob is best to get ones from the movie.

... so Disney itself won't even license the songs to use on their official ride? And instead choose to use different songs than the GOTG ones? No doubt they work - but still, that has got to tell people something when it comes to licensing songs. Why wouldn't Disney use the songs on their own rides?!

#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

It's not a matter of giving them a free pass, it's a matter of personal taste. Hearing "ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb" 20X a day for the next few years sounds like hell to me. More than anything I'm trying to reiterate that not everyone wants the same thing and no matter what, STERN won't be able to make everyone happy.

While I do agree to an extent; stern has specifically said they make these games for operators, so us measly collectors really shouldn't have a say in what should or should not be in the game. These songs won't get as old on route for customers and I imagine will actually pull in more sales.

#2055 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yes, but some that are well done, like TNA dont get under your skin.

Right. Instrumental music is good for pinball. Hearing the same lyrics over and over and over again could get old.

The more I think about it, the more I hope the songs are used for the following applications only,

Victory laps during MB
Fanfare for beating the wizard mode
Attract mode
End of game music
Initials entry
Midnight madness.

And please don’t play ooga chaka at the start of the game. Please.

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How much of that music contains lyrics? Thats where the annoyance comes for me. Instrumental for me all the way.

#2057 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

... so Disney itself won't even license the songs to use on their official ride? And instead choose to use different songs than the GOTG ones? No doubt they work - but still, that has got to tell people something when it comes to licensing songs. Why wouldn't Disney use the songs on their own rides?!

Disney are cheap anything that may cost them extra pennies is a big no no, unless the return is there and they are notorious when it comes to wanting full control over just about every aspect of their productions.

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How much of that music contains lyrics? Thats where the annoyance comes for me. Instrumental for me all the way.

AC/DC and MET sold very well for Stern, because of the way the film and music are integral to each other, GOTG is as much as movie pin as it is a music pin.

Personally I am not a big enough fan of AC/DC or Metallica’s music to live with them long term, the mix of tracks on GOTG I could live with. Like t-800 rightfully said each release won’t make everyone happy but it should at least please the big fans of the licence being used.

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it should at least please the big fans of the licence being used.

Im a HUGE fan of this license and I think these songs could get old quick depending on how they are used. So now what? Haha

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

please don’t play ooga chaka at the start of the game. Please.

+IT'S OVER 9 MILLION

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Im a HUGE fan of this license and I think these songs could get old quick depending on how they are used. So now what? Haha

Don’t buy it

#2062 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t buy it

K. But you’re speaking for all fans of the license saying that every single one of us want the same thing. We dont is my point. so stern loses either way imo. Cant please everyone in any situation.

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

AC/DC and MET sold very well for Stern, because of the way the film and music are integral to each other, GOTG is as much as movie pin as it is a music pin.
Personally I am not a big enough fan of AC/DC or Metallica’s music to live with them long term, the mix of tracks on GOTG I could live with. Like t-800 rightfully said each release won’t make everyone happy but it should at least please the big fans of the licence being used.

I think you’re right about GotG being nearly as much a music pin as a movie pin. Star Lord’s cassette player and mix tapes were heavily featured and intertwined into the movie scenes. Not just the music itself, but Star Lord getting severely tased and later risking recapture to get his cassette player back, his opening and near the end dance scenes, the tapes’ tie in to his Mom, etc. GotG Vol 2 was even more focused on his music, getting Rocket hooked on it.

Perhaps Sterns greatest challenge in making this a great pin will be in how they implement the music. Which songs are incorporated, how much instrumental, how repetitive, etc. This is another good reason to see and hear gameplay before buying.

#2064 2 years ago

I think the call outs, humor and choreography is more pivotal than the soundtrack for a pin.

#2065 2 years ago

I get what Chuck is saying but I’d say you might be in the minority on this one

If AS, MET or AC/DC only had two songs over and over again that would get really old. As it is you still change songs around with PB browser

Either way, looking forward to seeing what it has to offer

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If AS, MET or AC/DC only had two songs over and over again that would get really old. As it is you still change songs around with PB browser

Those band pins cannot be compared to this game imo. They are band pins based off the bands and their songs. Of course it would be silly to not have a bunch of their songs in there.

This game will have a couple songs from the soundtrack it looks like. That can work out just fine if they apply them in a way that they aren't played over and over again. See my list a handful of posts back.

It appears that this game is going to have a lot of action and cool modes in it. To my knowledge, very little of the cool soundtrack is played during the major action scenes/moments of the movie. Thats why I think just having a couple songs as accents to the game instead of the main focus would work best.

#2067 2 years ago

I love the movies, and love the soundtracks, but I think the general tone of the thread is getting a little too obsessed with the music.

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the call outs, humor and choreography is more pivotal than the soundtrack for a pin.

The soundtrack should be an integral part of all of the above imo

We will find out soon enough what direction they took

If it was the Borg/Lyman combo again it wouldn’t matter as much to me because we would get all of the above as a given

#2069 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get what Chuck is saying but I’d say you might be in the minority on this one
Either way, looking forward to seeing what it has to offer

I love the songs for this pin and I say bring them on! I do think he has a point about the Ooga Chaka....ooga Chaka.....ooga Chaka though. I think that would make me want to kill myself by game #20 for sure. I have a feeling it would be far worse than .....Ok who brought the dog? Ugh

#2070 2 years ago

I loved the 1st film, 2nd wasn't bad either and while the music was great in the movie none of it really lends itself to pinball for me anyway, all I would like is Cherry Bomb for lets say the final wizard mode in saving that planet, but all the rest aren't that exciting, not saying there aren't great tunes but this shouldn't matter that much, if the gameplay is great then who cares? It won't take long for someone to make a version of code with browser that delivers all the songs integrated into the pin, lets just hope theres a dance off mode.

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have both soundtracks and it's not on either.
What scene was it used in?

Definitely on the soundtrack.

#2072 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Spirit in the Sky was used in Apollo 13 during multiball!
The GOTG ride at Disneyland has 6 different classic songs, none from the movie, but they totally work since they're really high energy songs. Any of those could work well in the game...but if they're gonna license it prob is best to get ones from the movie.

They do work. They also use a few from the movie for the ride...definitely the Fleetwood Mac and Jackson 5 songs.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They do work. They also use a few from the movie for the ride...definitely the Fleetwood Mac and Jackson 5 songs.

To clarify, these are the random ones you hear during the ride (with different movie and drop sequences):
“Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar (1980)
“Give Up The Funk” by Parliament (1975)
“Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf (1968)
“I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5 (1969)
“Free Ride” by The Edgar Winter Group (1973)
“Burning Love” by Elvis Presley (1972)

Movie soundtrack songs play as you are exiting the ride to the ride picture monitors.

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Why is everyone so worked up about the songs and how many are in there? Most of those songs are probably going to get old and repetitive quickly anyway. And as we've already seen, not everybody is gonna be happy anyway. I'd rather worry about STERN focusing their efforts on making the gameplay as exciting as can be and let pinballbrowser do the rest. One or two key songs during the right events with great custom background music will tie well to the movies and do me just fine.

It's weird, you'd think this was a band pin.

I'm not buying this game, I already know that, so I have no horse in the race, but personally the more old songs they include the less appealing it gets. I don't want to listen to them over and over, give me actual pinball music instead.

People get all caught up in what they think things should be, but listening to a classic rock mixtape isn't the important thing about playing the game.

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not buying this game, I already know that, so I have no horse in the race, but personally the more old songs they include the less appealing it gets. I don't want to listen to them over and over, give me actual pinball music instead.
People get all caught up in what they think things should be, but listening to a classic rock mixtape isn't the important thing about playing the game.

The songs are important to this game because they are so important in the movie. Have you even seen Guardians of the Galaxy? I'm sure this pin will be good whether it has music or not in it but for this pin to be a smash hit, the music will have to be part of it.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

They are ALL important! Leaving the music out of this game would be like eating a Pizza without the sauce.

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They are ALL important! Leaving the music out of this game would be like eating a Pizza without the sauce.

When I delivered pizza for Domino's back in my early 20's, we had a customer that would consistently order pizza without the sauce. We kept telling them it would burn around the edges, they were totally fine with it. Every time they ordered the place would smell like burned bread the rest of the day. Ugh.

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

When I delivered pizza for Domino's back in my early 20's, we had a customer that would consistently order pizza without the sauce. We kept telling them it would burn around the edges, they were totally fine with it. Every time they ordered the place would smell like burned bread the rest of the day. Ugh.

I had a job making and delivering pizza's also a long time ago and we used to have a lady that would order pizza's without cheese because she was allergic to it. That was a crazy job to say the least. I had everything from women hitting on me to guys wanting to whip my ass because their pizza was late lol. I would try to explain to them that I'm just the delivery guy and not the people making them so it wasn't my fault but they wouldn't listen and still wanted to kick my ass anyway lmao. There are some real nut jobs out there I tell ya.

Lots of strange customers like one of the wealthiest guys in my town, if his pizza was $9.95, that greedy B@stard wanted his nickel in change back. No tip ever from him, no way. Then on the flip side you had what was probably the poorest guy in my town. He was an old veteran, such a great guy. He didn't have a pot to piss in but he made sure he gave us a tip everytime he ordered. He said the same thing everytime. He'd thank you for bringing him his food and then he would be all hunched over and pat me on the back and give me two quarters and say....."here you go, go buy you a Coke or something". I'll never forget that as long as I live.

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Disney are cheap anything that may cost them extra pennies is a big no no, unless the return is there and they are notorious when it comes to wanting full control over just about every aspect of their productions.

Not sure that's fair - you don't exactly go to Disneyworld or Disneyland and think "Wow, Disney is cheap with their stuff" or "This ride looks cheap". If anything, they almost spare no expense when it comes to their parks and experiences - it's full immersion. I think there's also a difference between "cheap" and "business conscience". They certainly put a lot of detail (money) into their parks that are minuscule and not noticeable to a lot of people. I'd personally think the GOTG music would not be something they would cheap out on as it is a big part of the experience. There must be more to it than that.

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I loved the 1st film, 2nd wasn't bad either and while the music was great in the movie none of it really lends itself to pinball for me anyway, all I would like is Cherry Bomb for lets say the final wizard mode in saving that planet, but all the rest aren't that exciting, not saying there aren't great tunes but this shouldn't matter that much, if the gameplay is great then who cares? It won't take long for someone to make a version of code with browser that delivers all the songs integrated into the pin, lets just hope theres a dance off mode.
» YouTube video

That so needs to be the Wizard mode, just a shame we don't have RGB GI so the playfield lighting could go purple, would immerse you nicely in the scene/mode.

frax & who-dey now I want a pizza!

#2081 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Not sure that's fair - you don't exactly go to Disneyworld or Disneyland and think "Wow, Disney is cheap with their stuff" or "This ride looks cheap". If anything, they almost spare no expense when it comes to their parks and experiences - it's full immersion. I think there's also a difference between "cheap" and "business conscience". They certainly put a lot of detail (money) into their parks that are minuscule and not noticeable to a lot of people. I'd personally think the GOTG music would not be something they would cheap out on as it is a big part of the experience. There must be more to it than that.

I said cheap, unless the return is there which the parks certainly generate, they also like to have creative control over their productions, would having the licenced music on the rides bring more people to the parks? doubt it, would it give them less creative freedom to use it as they please? probably.

And I totally agree about the parks but saying that the last time I went to Disneyland it cost me a fortune, I am more than confident in saying I know the money they have invested in their park is getting them a good return

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

it was cool that you guys still made pizza the way they wanted it. Applause.

#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have both soundtracks and it's not on either.
What scene was it used in?

Look at your Vol. 1 closer.

#2084 2 years ago

Last week all we heard was how amazing this game looks. This week it's how bad it could be with music. Next week it will be this game is horrible. Next year it will be be new code, this game is the best game Stern ever made. Pattern?

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Guess you never had a white pie.

#2086 2 years ago

What machine will dead flip be using?

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Guess you never had a white pie.

Guess you have never heard of white sauce

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Guess you have never heard of white sauce

It’s dough, cheese and spices...might be only found in NJ.

#2089 2 years ago

Hopefully the LE!

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully the LE!

People have said Pro's ship in 2 - 3 weeks and that was last week, so I imagine it will be a pro.

I cant remember but I am sure some else will and can correct me if need be, but I though with SW they did a Pro stream and then did a Prem stream a week or two later?

#2091 2 years ago

Keep checking back for more gameplay footage. I haven't been excited like this for a pinball machine in a while.

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

People have said Pro's ship in 2 - 3 weeks and that was last week, so I imagine it will be a pro.
I cant remember but I am sure some else will and can correct me if need be, but I though with SW they did a Pro stream and then did a Prem stream a week or two later?

Thinks its a premium this time up first.

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thinks its a premium this time up first.

That would be great!

#2094 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Keep checking back for more gameplay footage. I haven't been excited like this for a pinball machine in a while.

Guessing we'll see some on Tuesday (11/14) - GOTG will be in the Stern booth at IAAPA in Orlando, Florida starting 11/14. The official Dead Flip stream will be next Monday, 11/20. Can't wait to see this thing in action!

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Guessing we'll see some on Tuesday (11/14) - GOTG will be in the Stern booth at IAAPA in Orlando, Florida starting 11/14. The official Dead Flip stream will be next Monday, 11/20. Can't wait to see this thing in action!

Great news! Thanks.
Very exciting!

#2096 2 years ago

Was told domestic Pros ship next week.

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Was told domestic Pros ship next week.

Going to be nice when we finally get to see some gameplay.

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Definitely on the soundtrack.

then where is it in the movie? I've seen both movies many times, and don't remember it in any of them.

Maybe it was in a scene for a second or in the background softly and I didn't notice, but I really can't think of any scene it was in. Unless it's in the ending credits?

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

then where is it in the movie? I've seen both movies many times, and don't remember it in any of them.
Maybe it was in a scene for a second or in the background softly and I didn't notice, but I really can't think of any scene it was in. Unless it's in the ending credits?

Looks like it was only used in the trailer according to this link.

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Guardians-Galaxy-Soundtrack-Just-Did-Something-Never-Done-66756.html

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not necessarily all the song but some that represents the more the movie or instrumental part of these songs would be great to integrate
Anyway, like you I have no horse in the race and I am quite surprised by myself to pass on this game and SW earlier as they were 2 great theme in my book but Stern just let me down with stripped out game or plagiarized previous game....DI will get my money.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside