50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 86.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Hope those 3 magnets make their way onto the Pro...

L O L

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It is if you're a Pinside hipster. They love to tell you how they walked away from a game "after one ball".

I walked away from TNA after one ball.

Okay, I lied. It was two.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If there's one thing SW taught me, it's that Pinside has an unbridled lust for magnets!!! Here's three big ones, baby!

Guilty!

Mist Magnet- next to Rudy is the coolest feature in pinball
TZ- magnaflip is fun as hell
Pinball Magic/Theater of Magic- Magical!
TAF/GNR- multiball magnet madness!
ToTAN- disappearing ball trick is always a crowd-pleaser

And that's just a few.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Code looks complete to me.

...This is the best quote in this thread!

#105 6 years ago

Any Idea on cost? I hope there is not another price increase...

#106 6 years ago

I think there's a chance those magnets are in place of traditional pop bumpers.....?....maybe?

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Tell me that isn't ghosting in Starlord's eye inserts............... Just the art is that way?

That was the first thing I thought as well. ( I gotta send less time on pinside)

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I hope there is not another price increase...

#109 6 years ago

Nah, pop bumpers are probably in the upper right in the TWD location.

Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I think there's a chance those magnets are in place of traditional pop bumpers.....?....maybe?

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I see three magnets arranged in an Addams Family Power formation.

So THAT'S where the force magnets that were supposed to be in Star Wars went!

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

there is even an 80s text generator to ape this look.
https://m.photofunia.com/effects/retro-wave

This is great! Lololol

A16C344F-DADC-479E-8E5E-1EA5E60264A4 (resized).jpegA16C344F-DADC-479E-8E5E-1EA5E60264A4 (resized).jpeg

#112 6 years ago

This jut in!

This game is rumored to be AWESOME!

This Game is rumored to Help you Fall back in Love with STERN!

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

or just buy them both...

JJPOTC VS GOTG NEW (resized).jpgJJPOTC VS GOTG NEW (resized).jpg

#113 6 years ago

PhotoFunia-1509388239 (resized).jpgPhotoFunia-1509388239 (resized).jpg

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I walked away from TNA after one ball.
Okay, I lied. It was two.

So it kicked your ass pretty good, huh? I love when a game can do that!

#115 6 years ago

If this thing has a Danesi Lock I will ELLLL. OHHHH. ELLLL.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This jut in!
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!
or just buy them both...

JJP looks to have a really good game coming up but they priced me out of their market. Plus I really don't care for those movies at all so the theme is a big meh for me. I'll take a cool band of misfit criminals turned hero's over a mincing pirate any day.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

hopefully it is patented for the use. It would be pretty shameful for Stern to steal that idea.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, you know the saying.....but personally if someone had ripped off that idea from me, I'm not sure I'd be flattered. It's a shame that it wasn't patented. (AFAIK)

#119 6 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned but at least they figured out the ghosted insert problem. Looks like they went with opaque inserts instead of clear for this title.

Yes, a little sarcasm but it makes you wonder. Color and art looks nice.

#120 6 years ago

Re: theme. I think people would be best served by trying to forget about it, at least in the case of Stern, with their rather chequered recent record. Assess the machine on its merits, or lack of.

Why?

Let's look at their titles since the beginning of 2015. Some potential corkers here.

Game of Thrones
KISS
Wrestlemania
Whoa Nellie!
Ghostbusters
Pabst
Batman '66
Aerosmith
Star Wars
Guardians of the Galaxy

Prior to revelation, Aerosmith was almost universally panned as a theme, and many ventured that they'd never even consider buying it, no matter how it turned out; almost a crime to even do a machine based on the band and their music. Certainly it was the least popular of any of these titles, pre-reveal, on Pinside.

But, probably the best art package, by far and away the best screen and animations, probably the best sound package (if you ignore the existence of Metallica and Sparky voice being cloned), shoots very well, less engineering / layout issues than any of the other machines (save WNBJM / Pabst), best Stern launch code in the last 10 years, almost undeniably the least gimped Pro and best art on a Pro ever.

A lot of people were blinded by theme, bought based on theme almost alone, and then regretted it, in the past nearly 3 years.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That 80’s Stern logo tho.

This -> Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.03.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.03.54 PM (resized).png is the 80's Stern logo...

Anyone else notice the Casio calculator watch the guy drilling random holes in the PF was wearing?

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.06.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.06.56 PM (resized).png

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I freaking love inline drops.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Get thyself a Fathom. Goodness guaranteed. No speculation.

Or Transformers The Pin.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This jut in!
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!
or just buy them both...

Ahh yes... back to officially announcing things that you had no hand in developing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well, you know the saying.....but personally if someone had ripped off that idea from me, I'm not sure I'd be flattered. It's a shame that it wasn't patented. (AFAIK)

Doing it 10 years from now would be an homage to a cool idea (see Addam's Family power magnets). Doing it now would be stealing. Even if not illegal, really poor taste.

...but I'm not too concerned, that would require 3 independently controllable drop targets and 3 sets of opto switches, not even a Stern LE can afford that kind of BoM.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This -> is the 80's Stern logo...
Anyone else notice the Casio calculator watch the guy drilling random holes in the PF was wearing?

Not only the Casio Watch but the Namco/Bandi shirt.... lol

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 6 years ago

Is it me or does the left side look like Metalica layout double outlanes and the top pic looks like where the fuel standups are and the target / rollover behind it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Predictions
All trims will be close in terms of gameplay
Pro
Stand up targets
1 feature less than prem / LE
Premium
Shaker Motor
Alternate translite
Colour Powder coated bar and rails
Drop bank targets
LE
Shaker Motor
Mirrored Backglass
Volume Control
Topper
Colour Powder coated bar and rails
Drop bank targets
RGB GI lighting

You sir are dreaming.
Stern no longer gives us value on LE’s and Premiums.
They think all we care about is signatures.
But I did get a good laugh out of this.

#128 6 years ago

What are we thinking here for a timeline? December delivery pros?

#129 6 years ago

The video shows GOTG on the line. I'd imagine Nov delivery, but lets see what it looks like first, eh?

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

What are we thinking here for a timeline? December delivery pros?

#130 6 years ago

This game is looking great. Based on the inserts though it does seem to be the first film only, which is by no means a bad thing but is a little disapointing. They might do the same as with Ghostbusters, where the machine is based on the first film with a smattering of references to the second here and there.

I love this theme so much I hope they do it justice...I'm still hopeful at this stage

#131 6 years ago

Bah a theme I really have no interest in. Looks like the pinball themes are being gear'ed to the thirty something crowd.

oh well.......someone needs to tell Stern & Jersey Jack 30 somethings are in too much debt to afford NIB Pinball Machines. Besides I'll just buy a NIB GotG in 2020 when code is finished

#132 6 years ago

I just hope they integrate the batman crane somehow. More cranes!

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Bah a theme I really have no interest in. Looks like the pinball themes are being gear'ed to the thirty something crowd.
oh well.......someone needs to tell Stern & Jersey Jack 30 somethings are in too much debt to afford NIB Pinball Machines. Besides I'll just buy a NIB GotG in 2020 when code is finished

Are you an old person railing against those young whipersnappers in their 30s, or a millennial complaining about those 30-something geezers?

#134 6 years ago

Wish American pinball or JJP made this as I love the theme but won’t buy another Stern as quality and craftsmanship aren’t there anymore

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

American pinball or JJP

Nobody knows what the quality of AP is based on three or four sample games they've been carting around to shows.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You sir are dreaming.
Stern no longer gives us value on LE’s and Premiums.
They think all we care about is signatures.
But I did get a good laugh out of this.

It would be a good way to steal back customers from jjp that were on jjpotc. I might be dreaming but who knows what awaits

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

So it kicked your ass pretty good, huh? I love when a game can do that!

Nah. Just got terribly bored with it. Went to go play some Pirates instead.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Wish American pinball or JJP made this as I love the theme but won’t buy another Stern as quality and craftsmanship aren’t there anymore

Funny, I'm glad I don't have to pay $9500 to own one and I'm also glad a company that has never made a game before isn't making it.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Get thyself a Fathom. Goodness guaranteed. No speculation.

Trust me, I've tried. Love that game.

#140 6 years ago

Can't tell much, but I like that they're using inserts as Starlord's eyes ....I always like when inserts are incorporated into the art. I wished that Iron Man had used inserts for his eyes or chest on the playfield.

#141 6 years ago

This game could be a real treat if Stern treats the material with respect and leverages the humour and music.

If the game isn’t riddled with movie callouts from all the main actors, why even make it? (See TWD random fake southern accent guy).

If the game doesn’t have the music from the movies, why even make it? (since the soundtrack is so integral to these movies).

I really hope it’s funny. Almost all the top rated games of all time have a huge humour component to them (AfM, MM, AF, etc.). They really need to get Chris Pratt to do custom callouts for the game, that would freakin' make it.

...but I really doubt they will 'cause $. Here's hoping I'm pleasently surprised.

#142 6 years ago

I'll impatiently wait to see more and play it, but I can tell you the theme would be a hit at the house if it all comes together and I actually buy one.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This game could be a real treat if Stern treats the material with respect and leverages the humour and music.
If the game isn’t riddled with movie callouts from all the main actors, why even make it? (See TWD random fake southern accent guy).
If the game doesn’t have the music from the movies, why even make it? (since the soundtrack is so integral to these movies).
I really hope it’s funny. Almost all the top rated games of all time have a huge humour component to them (AfM, MM, AF, etc.). They really need to get Chris Pratt to do custom callouts for the game, that would freakin' make it.
...but I really doubt they will 'cause $. Here's hoping I'm pleasently surprised.

All that would be great, sure, but doesn't really impact the gameplay. Presentation is nice, and I hope they nail it, but just give me a good player. I need a good palate cleanser after Star Wars.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sound package will make or break this game.

#145 6 years ago

I cant believe there is only 2 or 3 threads going about this title...didnt jjpotc have like 8 by now?

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sound package will make or break this game.

Customize it either way with Pinball Browser!

#147 6 years ago

Better pic of underside... Looks like a drop bank in upper center ? Screenshot_20171030-155321 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171030-155321 (resized).png

#148 6 years ago

Looks rad

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This -> is the 80's Stern logo...

That's gotta be Steve Ritchie!!!

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Better pic of underside... Looks like a drop bank in upper center ?

Looks like a motor actually.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 19.95
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/3?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.