50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 86.
#1901 6 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Apologies if I overlooked this and it's already posted, but are there any rumors of a release date? And what's the difference between the premium and the LE, besides the colored trim?

First pin's go oversea's, initial run of new pins built in this order, Pro's are 1st, LE's are 2nd, Premium's are 3rd. Guessing might see the USA pro's early-mid December.

Post #1747
Page 35, I wrote up a quick and dirty difference of Premium and LE's over the Pro's
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/35

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pro's have Shot arrow RGB LED lighting and General illumination LED lighting (red, white, blue), so that's good enough for me! Start shipping already Stern!!

Pro's only get's white GI, the first Matrix was a typo, Stern has since updated/corrected the Matrix. Now it still looks lik they have 2 Matix's posted, under the pro as of writing this its the old, under premium its been updated.

---OLD---

GOTG old Matrix (resized).PNGGOTG old Matrix (resized).PNG

---NEW---

GOTG old Matrix (resized).PNGGOTG old Matrix (resized).PNG

#1902 6 years ago

I hope you're right, but I think there is an error on the matrix sheet with regards to the GI lighting. It looks like premium/le get the red/white/blue and the pro gets white gi lighting. I hope I'm wrong but they have 2 line items for GI and its either one or the other.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/guardians-of-the-galaxy/pro/GOTG%20Feature%20Matrix.pdf

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pro's have Shot arrow RGB LED lighting and General illumination LED lighting (red, white, blue), so that's good enough for me!
Start shipping already Stern!!

#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

On the Stern of the Union when they mentioned that the game will have pop songs in it, did they clarify that it came from the film? It was kind of weird to label them simply as "pop songs" and not "songs from the film." I would doubt that they would be using songs that don't have anything to do with the license, but found the wording strange.

Sadly I've had a backyard firepit conversation about this soundtrack 2 years ago and took a history of music college course. Glad this will finally pay off. I'm actually surprised how many people are getting their genres confused, after listening to Kaneda's podcast, I think some others will even be more confused as a lot of songs were attributed to the wrong genre.

GOTG Vol 1. soundtrack did hit #1 on the Rock Billboard charts in the US but is comprised of a lot of pop songs and pop / rock fusion songs.

I think Stern actually did mean pop songs. This should directly tell us what songs are on the table as a lot of GOTG songs (7) actually fall under the pop genre. Looking at the Vol. 1 soundtrack song genres.

Pop-
Hooked on a Feeling
I Want You Back
Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Power Pop (subgenre)
Go All the Way

Pop Rock - Soft Rock (subgenre)
Come and Get your love
I'm Not in Love
Escape "The Pina Colada Song"

Non-pop songs -
Spirit in the Sky
Moonage Daydream
Cherry Bomb
O-o-h Child (though Chicago Soul has elements of pop)
Fooled Around and Fell in Love

#1904 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Sadly I've had a backyard firepit conversation about this soundtrack 2 years ago and took a history of music college course. Glad this will finally pay off. I'm actually surprised how many people are getting their genres confused, after listening to Kaneda's podcast, I think some others will even be more confused as a lot of songs were attributed to the wrong genre.
GOTG Vol 1. soundtrack did hit #1 on the Rock Billboard charts in the US but is comprised of a lot of pop songs and pop / rock fusion songs.
I think Stern actually did mean pop songs. This should directly tell us what songs are on the table as a lot of GOTG songs (7) actually fall under the pop genre. Looking at the Vol. 1 soundtrack song genres.
Pop-
Hooked on a Feeling
I Want You Back
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Power Pop (subgenre)
Go All the Way
Pop Rock - Soft Rock (subgenre)
Come and Get your love
I'm Not in Love
Escape "The Pina Colada Song"
Non-pop songs -
Spirit in the Sky
Moonage Daydream
Cherry Bomb
O-o-h Child (though Chicago Soul has elements of pop)
Fooled Around and Fell in Love

Fantastic stuff!

#1905 6 years ago

I don't know that Stern was being so specific to only say that they're including songs in the pop genre though. I think the wording was just a little funny. At least I hope not, because Spirit in the Sky and Cherry Bomb would be two songs that could be used very well. I think they were just trying to be non-specific, but we'll all find out soon either way.

#1906 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I hope you're right, but I think there is an error on the matrix sheet with regards to the GI lighting. It looks like premium/le get the red/white/blue and the pro gets white gi lighting. I hope I'm wrong but they have 2 line items for GI and its either one or the other.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/guardians-of-the-galaxy/pro/GOTG%20Feature%20Matrix.pdf

Damn....well that just a few bulbs to change.

#1907 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Damn....well that just a few bulbs to change.

Hopefully that's just it, Star Wars got dramatic zoned GI. Wish GOTG got dramatic zoned as well.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Sadly I've had a backyard firepit conversation about this soundtrack 2 years ago and took a history of music college course. Glad this will finally pay off

You remind me of Colt Seevers nephew on the Fall Guy right now. College this, college that. Malarkey!

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You remind me of Colt Seevers nephew on the Fall Guy right now. College this, college that. Malarkey!

Little did I know that blow off class in 2005 would come in handy in 2017.

#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm still excited about this game and I own Metallica. If Neo is right and I have to push it off of a roof in 10 years because of Spike 2 then that will at least make a good video. Premium or pro is the way to go on this one. Let stern sit on their LE's for that price.

ah, give it 15 years. but yes. Spike games will only be disposable throwaway items in years to come. With 6 different node boards and schematics to fix anything. When the next board set is revealed. Spike will collect dust. No fuses means node boards blow out instead. Unfixable node boards. What caused it to blow? Don't know, lets swap the $300 part iv'e been sitting on for the past 10 years and hope it doesn't blow that one out too. Power up.......shaiet!!!! well guys...help me throw this in the dumpster.

#1911 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Spike games will only be disposable throwaway items in years to come.... Don't know, lets swap the $300 part iv'e been sitting on for the past 10 years and hope it doesn't blow that one out too. Power up.......shaiet!!!! well guys...help me throw this in the dumpster.

While I agree that Spike may not be as reliable as Sam or Whitestar, I think this statement is rubbish. Parts will be available. They might be more expensive. I have no facts, but I seriously doubt that a node board bought through a Stern dealer is $300.

#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have no facts, but I seriously doubt that a node board bought through a Stern dealer is $300.

Individual boards currently run from $139 to $999.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=2AE35FE64CE83B5E25403907DC75915D.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=node+board

#1913 6 years ago

OK, here is fact. Pinball life prices.

node bd (resized).JPGnode bd (resized).JPG

#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

While I agree that Spike may not be as reliable as Sam or Whitestar, I think this statement is rubbish. Parts will be available. They might be more expensive. I have no facts, but I seriously doubt that a node board bought through a Stern dealer is $300.

An inexpensive fuse gives the owner the ability to fix/replace something and then turn the game on and see if the fuse blows again. Without the fuse it is hundreds of dollars risked every time a blown out board is swapped out. I don't see how that is rubbish.

Even at $159 a node board, which is probably about the cheapest version, that is a huge risk every time the game is fixed and turned back on after the fix to find out if the fix is the actual fix.

#1915 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

An inexpensive fuse gives the owner the ability to fix/replace something and then turn the game on a see if the fuse blows again. Without the fuse it is hundreds of dollars risked every time a blown out board is swapped out. I don't see how that is rubbish.

He said the games can't be repaired. He said the games would be put in a dumpster. That part is rubbish.

#1916 6 years ago

Can you not put fuses on the game yourself?

#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

He said the games can't be repaired. He said the games would be put in a dumpster. That part is rubbish.

15 years from now the parts may no longer be available. My understanding is that each node board has firmware that only Stern has access to so 3rd party copies presently cannot be made.

#1918 6 years ago

I'm already looking into trebuchet designs so that I can have something ready for 10-15 years down the road when my game is dead. Todd Tuckey already pushed one off a roof so I need to step up my game. We can all meet at few hundred yards from sterns factory and start catapulting them back at them.

#1919 6 years ago

If the PRO is all white GI, it won't be zoned. All GI on or off. I wish GOTG had zoned color GI too. Guess we'll know in 5 days (IAAPA)

Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Hopefully that's just it, Star Wars got dramatic zoned GI. Wish GOTG got dramatic zoned as well.

#1920 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If the PRO is all white GI, it won't be zoned. All GI on or off. I wish GOTG had zoned color GI too. Guess we'll know in 5 days (IAAPA)

I am looking forward to seeing and hearing the game in action.

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can you not put fuses on the game yourself?

I wouldn't mind knowing about this as well.

#1922 6 years ago

Premium GOTG over here £8295
LE GOTG £9500!

I hope that STERN decide to include the laser cut siderails on the LE.

Shaker motor £120
Art Blades- someone will make alternative, and most likely better ones. £75
The only thing is the cabinet art and LE back glass...is that worth £1000 ($1200ish)

I like the laser cut rails, I could get them for £400 and have the whole cabinet hardware repowder coated for £150 (reckon a nice metallic purple would suit the Premium)

Still saving me some ca$h! If the side rails are included on the LE I will get an LE. If not.. we’ll save some money

#1923 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

LE GOTG £9500!
Shaker motor £120
The only thing is the cabinet art and LE back glass...is that worth £1000 ($1200ish)
I like the laser cut rails, I could get them for £400 and have the whole cabinet hardware repowder coated for £150 (reckon a nice metallic purple would suit the Premium)
Still saving me some ca$h! If the side rails are included on the LE I will get an LE. If not.. we’ll save some money

Stern won't change their mind. Did SWLE get a shaker? Nope. Will GotGLE get laser cut rails? Nope. Will the Pro have RGB GI? Nope. Plan accordingly.

#1924 6 years ago

This probably sounds stupid but is there any way that we can confront Stern and asked them these questions about the spike system? They are suppose to start communicating with us better right? I think if the community demanded answers that they would have to answer our questions. I just don’t know anything about electronics or how to even go about getting a discussion started with Stern about their boards. This seems to be a possible issue though and I think people need and deserve some answers about it.

#1925 6 years ago

I know Spike is here to stay, but I wish they would go back to the Sam system. It was reliable and repairable, just a solid system. Probably Sterns best in my opinion.

#1926 6 years ago

No it didn’t
It cost me another £100 to put a shaker in my starwarsLE.

I ordered my starwars blind, as there was some huge HYPE over the theme, my distributor wanted 2K non refundable deposit.
Was I gutted on first reveal.. for sure, but with the new code I think the game is awesome and has a one more go appeal to it. Im not that good of a player and still haven’t blown the death star up yet or got hyperspace multiball... mostly because I don’t know what to shoot for!

I also bought GBLE blind, love the game as well, looking forward to the code polish, still haven’t got to Marshmellow man!

GB had drawn artwork, a nice change from the games before, new mag slings.. should have been used on STARWARS IMO, and and Slimer, Ectogoggles, pop up targets and a ball physical ball lock- again a while since it had been used. Great value LE

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No it didn’t
It cost me another £100 to put a shaker in my starwarsLE.
I ordered my starwars blind, as there was some huge HYPE over the theme, my distributor wanted 2K non refundable deposit.
Was I gutted on first reveal.. for sure, but with the new code I think the game is awesome and has a one more go appeal to it. Im not that good of a player and still haven’t blown the death star up yet or got hyperspace multiball... mostly because I don’t know what to shoot for!
I also bought GBLE blind, love the game as well, looking forward to the code polish, still haven’t got to Marshmellow man!

Stay Puft mode is very very awesome!

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stay Puft mode is very very awesome!

I look forward to getting there!

#1929 6 years ago

Stern won't go back to SAM because among other things SAM can't support the LCD. They'll keep at it in revision level until Spike is reliable. Like it or not, this is their go forward technology.

Quoted from ita47:

I know Spike is here to stay, but I wish they would go back to the Sam system. It was reliable and repairable, just a solid system. Probably Sterns best in my opinion.

#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This probably sounds stupid but is there any way that we can confront Stern and asked them these questions about the spike system? They are suppose to start communicating with us better right? I think if the community demanded answers that they would have to answer our questions. I just don’t know anything about electronics or how to even go about getting a discussion started with Stern about their boards. This seems to be a possible issue though and I think people need and deserve some answers about it.

Call them and ask

Doubt you get any answers. Just dont buy those games if it concerns you.

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call them and ask

That’ll be all the STERN games been released in the last 2yrs then?
Is SPIKE2 fused? Or is that the same?

#1932 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

That’ll be all the STERN games been released in the last 2yrs then?
Is SPIKE2 fused? Or is that the same?

Same I believe.

#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call them and ask

You could try asking on their Facebook page. If you do, phrase your question in a positive way and without a hysterical edge to it to avoid being immediately deleted.

I have another question. As I understand it, the Spike games so far have all had at least some game-specific node boards. Is there an obvious reason that future replacement node boards couldn't be designed to be compatible with multiple titles? If this is possible, and if Stern committed to doing this, it might address some of the concerns about Stern's incentive to provide long-term support for Spike node board replacement.

#1934 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

LE GOTG £9500!
Shaker motor £120

So GOTG premium price is:
7600$ in US
8295€ in EU = 9660$
8295£ in UK = 9980$

#1935 6 years ago

Yep

20%import tax on product price + shipping cost!

#1936 6 years ago

And then some for the distro!
An LE here is £9500

#1937 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

LE GOTG £9500!

Wow and I thought we had it rough

#1938 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Wow and I thought we had it rough

Yep, us brits get fucked over for everything!

#1939 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

20%import tax on product price + shipping cost!

Does the 20% import tax apply to used game imports as well? (I'm guessing it does, of course!)

#1940 6 years ago

Yeah anything that comes with n from a Non EU country.

Just bought 100 ultra shiny pinballs as they are short supply overhere

$140 + $75 shipping & another $75 in import tax

#1941 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yeah anything that comes with n from a Non EU country.
Just bought 100 ultra shiny pinballs as they are short supply overhere
$140 + $75 shipping & another $75 in import tax

holy balls....... that is crazy!

#1942 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So GOTG premium price is:
7600$ in US
8295€ in EU = 9660$
8295£ in UK = 9980$

Premiums are 7600 here now? Thought they were 7200? If that's true than no way im buying. I was thinking about it around 7 but not any more.

#1943 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Premiums are 7600 here now? Thought they were 7200? If that's true than no way im buying. I was thinking about it around 7 but not any more.

I believe $7300 is more the going rate.

#1944 6 years ago

Will LE release before Christmas?

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

MSRP for the Premium is $7,600. Retail will be a few hundred less than that (I think people were paying $7200 shipped for SW, I'd guess GOTG will be the same since MSRP did not go up?)

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call them and ask

Of course it concerns me. I know nothing about these boards so when you have multiple people saying our games won’t be any good in ten years, a person would be a total F’ing idiot to at least not wonder if there any truth to the matter or not so that’s where my curiosity stems from. As far as not buying new games, that’s not the answer that I’m looking for. I want to buy new games. All I want to know is are these games really disposable? My common sense tells me no, but I’m also not educated enough about electronics to truthfully know that.

#1947 6 years ago

Did you know there is no spinners in the pro?

What a scam

#1948 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as not buying new games, that’s not the answer that I’m looking for.

Im telling you right now that stern is not going to give you any reassurance that your games will work or be fixable in ten years. Thats just a risk you are going to have to calculate before you buy.

The only way to be sure is to buy one, wait ten years then report back.

The answers you're looking for are either “yes for sure these games will be fixable in ten years” or “no these games wont be fixable in ten years”. Truth is no one knows for sure.

#1949 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Of course it concerns me. I know nothing about these boards so when you have multiple people saying our games won’t be any good in ten years, a person would be a total F’ing idiot to at least not wonder if there any truth to the matter or not so that’s where my curiosity stems from. As far as not buying new games, that’s not the answer that I’m looking for. I want to buy new games. All I want to know is are these games really disposable? My common sense tells me no, but I’m also not educated enough about electronics to truthfully know that.

Just sell them within ten years, let the next guy worry about the self-destructing unobtanium node boards, and you're sound as a pound! (Perhaps a poor metaphor, given what the British have to pay for Stern games).

Seriously, no one knows. You can either hold off until you're confident you can repair them yourself or that parts will definitely be available (not sure if/when either of those will happen), or figure that the chances of you still owning the game in ten years are relatively low, and in any event if people are still playing pinball in ten years the market will figure out a way to keep these machines running if they're still worth something (and if they're not, the age of parts machines will be back).

#1950 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just sell them within ten years, let the next guy worry about the self-destructing unobtanium node boards / if people are still playing pinball in ten years the market will figure out a way to keep these machines running if they're still worth something (and if they're not, the age of parts machines will be back).

Surely STERN would allow/supply a company information so that, if they weren’t bothered in making node boards then a different company could say like RottenDog?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/39?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.