50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 86.
#1751 6 years ago

I'm still trying to fathom that ramp decals and now a premium feature. Like....that's just an absurd level of cheapskate.

#1752 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

you forgot: flashers on the slingshots

Its there under the Custom Goot arms

#1753 6 years ago

Skb hit the nail on the head with Lonnie

I’m afraid he’s right, GOTG will just be another cookie cutter version of AS code which is a cookie cutter version of Kiss code

I really like AS but as Gomez said, “it needs and will get another pass”

Hopefully he proves us all wrong. I’ll wait on buying after we find out

When you are buying HUO pins these days they have to have staying power. People won’t want to lose $1500-$2000 upon sale if it doesn’t

#1754 6 years ago

Is GOTG pin based off of both movies or just the first movie?

GOTG-Wallpaper-Marvel-1600x1200 (resized).jpgGOTG-Wallpaper-Marvel-1600x1200 (resized).jpg

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

In really curious if the premium will be worth the extra over the pro. I like the extra magnets, and arms, but what else really is there? I'm assuming the arms could be purchased separately later or a mod.

It’s proba not technically worth the price difference but if it’s worth it to you and your long term enjoyment of this game then it’s worth it. You get 2 spinners with the Premium, more color changing lights, the groot arms, mechanical orb that opens up, cliffy type protectors and more I’m sure but I can’t remember. To me I think it’s worth it if you can afford it but if a person can’t swing the difference the Pro model is a great game also.

#1756 6 years ago

Double post

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

First movie only

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m afraid he’s right, GOTG will just be another cookie cutter version of AS code which is a cookie cutter version of Kiss code
I really like AS but as Gomez said, “it needs and will get another pass”
Hopefully he proves us all wrong. I’ll wait on buying after we find out
When you are buying HUO pins these days they have to have staying power. People won’t want to lose $1500-$2000 upon sale if it doesn’t

All of these coders have their own style and they don’t stray too far from that so you pretty much know that we are going to be getting AS type rules. That doesn’t have to be a bad thing but I probably would have loved to see Lyman on the code of this game. I am however though glad we aren’t going to be getting the multipliers that SW and GOT has. I’m not really a fan of that. Just give me some shots to hit to finish a mode and I’m happy.

#1759 6 years ago

1c6695335f56ee6cd2cc90f99c921e35 (resized).jpg1c6695335f56ee6cd2cc90f99c921e35 (resized).jpg

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How is this any different for AC/DC or Met or any number of others? Pick your mode get through them get some multi ball or other mini wizard mode.

Am I missing why those two are loved so much but AS kiss and presumably gotg are disliked because if it?

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am however though glad we aren’t going to be getting the multipliers that SW and GOT has. I’m not really a fan of that.

What makes you think that? It has the multiplier inserts, and the button...

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

What makes you think that? It has the multiplier inserts, and the button...

Those will be more like the shots multipliers and PF multipliers on KISS. I doubt it’s anything like GOT or SW

#1763 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

How is this any different for AC/DC or Met or any number of others? Pick your mode get through them get some multi ball or other mini wizard mode.

AC/DC is unique because you have the option of staying in modes or jumping around them and both decisions can be rooted in an individual strategy choice. The way song jackpots work and the different playfield usage per song really mixes things up.

But man, I'm all for some straightforward pinball these days. AC/DC is my favorite Stern, but 90% of people will never understand that game fully. If Guardians of the Galaxy is just good, straightforward fun, then bring it on. I forgot how a good layout and a simple ruleset can be such a clear winner against games that overly complicated for their own good.

Lately I've been going back to Spider-Man and Tron a lot. Neither is very complicated, but both offer a good challenge to blow up the score.

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those will be more like the shots multipliers and PF multipliers on KISS. I doubt it’s anything like GOT or SW

This ^^^

#1765 6 years ago

I still don't get it Jar. The diffs betwen AC/DC and AS are very minor in the big scheme of things. It's still pick your song and the shot combos to complete are different among the modes.

I'm with you on straight forward rules though. I didn't like GOT because knowing the comex rules and strategy was way more important than playing skills. Got a SW on order to give it some time but it might be too complex style too.

I don't mind tracking 2-3 objectives at once but I can't think in 5 dimensions very long.

#1766 6 years ago

Got a SW on order to give it some time but it might be too complex style too.

Its not, during frantic gameplay its quite thrilling trying to line up the multipliers for big points, if you get it up to 40x during lets Boba Fett of Light Saber duel it pays off and is highly rewarding.

#1767 6 years ago

Am I missing why those two are loved so much but AS kiss and presumably gotg are disliked because if it?

KISS and AS are a ton of fun but they still aren't finished so lets see what KISS final update brings and next AS update.

#1768 6 years ago

I still don't get it Jar. The diffs betwen AC/DC and AS are very minor in the big scheme of things. It's still pick your song and the shot combos to complete are different among the modes.
I'm with you on straight forward rules though. I didn't like GOT because knowing the comex rules and strategy was way more important than playing skills. Got a SW on order to give it some time but it might be too complex style too.
I don't mind tracking 2-3 objectives at once but I can't think in 5 dimensions very long.

Well Jar is right I think. The differences between the two aren’t minor

I like AS better as just a fun flipping pin with easy to understand modes and rules

I owned AC/DC and sold it. Just got tired of it but so many ways to play it versus AS, which is ok

Then you have TWD, which is IMHO an absolute masterpiece of strategy and gameplay by Lyman. The same could be said for Metallica

Rules and gameplay matter a lot to me

But I also like the fun flippers like AS and GB

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS and AS are a ton of fun but they still aren't finished

Yet another reason not to buy a GOTG for several years. If ever.

KISS is nearing 3 years old & Aerosmith will be a year old in a few months. FFS when will they get polished?

GOTG is likely to be a cut/paste of 2 unfinished games lol.

I still want one tho.

But those F'rs aint getting my cheese until I'm pleased

#1770 6 years ago

I always consider Lyman and Keith games

That’s why I’m looking forward to POTC. You know what you’ll end up getting when it’s done

I love my Stern pins, all of them, but higher prices on the premiums and LEs have to deliver more

I got to play a Met pro this weekend, that’s some amazing value by comparison. Maybe best Stern pro?

Stern would sell a ton more GOTG if they just took it all the way. It’s not like you are trying to license Justin Bieber songs. A lot of these are great one hit wonders

I’m wondering if it’s about recouping the bath they took on GB PF replacements and other cab issues? Raise the price, not the game itself

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well Jar is right I think. The differences between the two aren’t minor

My comment was really just about the modes / code theory not anything else like layout or shots.

Pick a mode/song and complete a combo of shots to increase jackpot/ payout value. Rock out to great music. Rince and repeat several times, get a wizard mode. And they are very very similar in that respect.

I'm not complaining at all just an observation. I've spent the last hour testing my theory...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I got to play a Met pro this weekend, that’s some amazing value by comparison. Maybe best Stern pro?

Yes, it is.

#1773 6 years ago

My comment was really just about the modes / code theory not anything else like layout or shots.
Pick a mode/song and complete a combo of shots to increase jackpot/ payout value. Rock out to great music. Rince and repeat several times, get a wizard mode. And they are very very similar in that respect.
I'm not complaining at all just an observation. I've spent the last hour testing my theory...

That looks familiar! What the coder does with the layout is what it’s all about and you know with that awesome TWD sitting there

I would take GOTG with 8 songs integrated with the modes like AS

Btw, GOTG really is very similar layout to MET. Which is good but not sure I’d want both

#1774 6 years ago

I bet that the modes selection on GOTG is just like AS with the songs. They will move around in a circle on the display with the flipper buttons until you select either with a plunge or a lockdown button press. I would hope they are not identical, but I'm betting that they will be.

#1775 6 years ago

Meanwhile inside Stern headquarters:

Brainstorming session:

Jody “We’ve just had our doors blown off by the features JJPOTC and AFMRLE. How do we respond?”

Stern “Hey, I have an idea: Unfinished code, cheap construction, no shaker motor, no real backglass, old WWE trim (no laser cut on LE obviously), and make the power cord an extra!"

Group: "Brilliiant. But can we raise prices too?"

Stern: "Duh! You saw those idiots buy Batman 66 right!?"

#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

Brainstorming session:
Jody “We’ve just had our doors blown off by the features JJPOTC and AFMRLE. How do we respond?”
Stern “Hey, I have an idea: Unfinished code, cheap construction, no shaker motor, no real backglass, old WWE trim (no laser cut on LE obviously), and make the power cord an extra!"

Good comedy so deserves a upvote

#1777 6 years ago

Brainstorming session:

Meanwhile in Whitenoise 3000 ville he is still trying to remove his head from his own ass.
Whitenoise "I was just checking for hemmies when all of sudden my head got stuck"
me "so it does fit"
Whitenoise "yeah and it feels pretty good"
me "I bet"
Whitenoise "stern sucks"
me "so does ur ass apparently"

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yet another reason not to buy a GOTG for several years. If ever.
KISS is nearing 3 years old & Aerosmith will be a year old in a few months. FFS when will they get polished?
GOTG is likely to be a cut/paste of 2 unfinished games lol.
I still want one tho.
But those F'rs aint getting my cheese until I'm pleased

You’ll get one

#1779 6 years ago

Brainstorming session:

I thought we had a customer advocate now in Zach Sharpe...I believe that we do.

#1780 6 years ago

How many times have these action figures been posted?

Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Titan Hero Series 6-Pack - $12.14
https://www.target.com/p/marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-titan-hero-series-6-pack/-/A-51436266

1) View the Guardians of the Galaxy Titan Hero Series 12" Figures 6-Pack for $26.99
2) in-cart the price drops to $16.19
3) text "TOY" to "827438" to receive a unique coupon code to drop the price to $12.14

guardian_figures_target (resized).jpgguardian_figures_target (resized).jpg

#1781 6 years ago

Nice, but 12" figures are too tall....I think.

#1782 6 years ago

Modes in AC/DC serve the (real) purpose of building the Song Jackpot... very different than the 'completion' goal that is in Kiss/AS where the goal is to complete the song to get the payoff for not just playing, but FINISHING the mode (the multipliers).

GOT has simple mode rules on the surface... the real meat is at the next level which is what is cool about it. But unlike other games... say like the Simpsons... the difference in scoring between knowing the deep and shallow portions of the rules are astronomically different.

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

LOL good point!

Maybe you could fold their legs up so they're sitting around like they're having a picnic?

#1784 6 years ago

Nice Stern line up! Plenty there to keep you busy for hours.. I like it!

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Simpsons did it!

#1786 6 years ago

So do you you guys think we are going to get Aerosmith type animations or actual movie clips? I’m hoping for movie clips personally and I’d say its a good chance that’s what it will be since Star Wars is.

#1787 6 years ago

Without a doubt we will have movie clips. AS was very first generation as far as new LCD integration by Stern. It will be more along the lines of Star Wars. Cut scenes and movie quotes will put this game over the top. Great theme Stern just needs to utilize it in this game.

#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Without a doubt we will have movie clips. AS was very first generation as far as new LCD integration by Stern. It will be more along the lines of Star Wars. Cut scenes and movie quotes will put this game over the top. Great theme Stern just needs to utilize it in this game.

I think the animations on AS are perfect and they nailed it in my opinion, but for a movie pin I just feel actual movie clips are better.

#1789 6 years ago

AS is a great pin. Currently on my to buy list. Just did the comparison between AS and SW. I do think the animations on SW is better. But not sure what other then cartoon art they could have done on the AS theme. Big fan of AS it will be my only music pin in my home collection.

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

AS is a great pin. Currently on my to buy list. Just did the comparison between AS and SW. I do think the animations on SW is better. But not sure what other then cartoon art they could have done on the AS theme. Big fan of AS it will be my only music pin in my home collection.

AS is an amazing game regardless of which model you choose. I’ll never get rid of mine no way.

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AS is an amazing game regardless of which model you choose. I’ll never get rid of mine no way.

Okay!

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I figured they threw in the other translites on SW LE since everyone was complaining about no real backglass, and many folks seemed to like the Premium translite best.

I'm pretty sure the translites were not added because people complained. Stern doesn't change the feature matrix if people aren't happy with it.

Rob

#1793 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

And those figures are hideous anyhow...

Rob

#1794 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the animations on AS are perfect and they nailed it in my opinion

Flash animations from some 1998 elementary school project? F**k that horse$#!+

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I believe BM66 was the first. And that had live action tv clips. I like the animation in AS. It goes along with the ‘60s/‘70s artwork...kinda original Scooby Doo vibe.

For GOTG, I really wish the laser cut rails were for the LE. There’s just currently not enough extras on this one to warrant the $1200 price difference for the LE. ST LE has them...SW LE has them. Stern definitely isn’t going in the right direction with this decision

#1796 6 years ago

GOTG gameplay can't come soon enough, this thread is way off its laser cut rails.

How magnets react to ball and lighting overall are what should
ultimately drive many pro/PREM decisions.

#1797 6 years ago

They have those...they’re called virtual pins

#1798 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Flash animations from some 1998 elementary school project? F**k that horse$#!+

Do you own the game? I didn’t think so. No offense but if you took a poll I can guarantee you that people would overwhelmingly say that the animations on AS are cool.

#1799 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of AS. Artwork was great. Code is ok. Kinda boring. In terms of music pins this would be on the bottom of my list.

#1800 6 years ago

LASER CUT RAILS ON THE GOTG LE!!!

Listen Stern

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.