50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 86.
#1701 6 years ago

If the side rails were included on the LE I would have bought 1.
I can save £1200, buy a set of side rails and I’m sure someone will make some different art blades that look good, if not better!

#1702 6 years ago

Stern does try to better their product. My Aerosmith shipped with factory mylar/cliffys & a georgous PF. That didn’t happen on accident.

Stern does try to maximize profit. They're constantly changing what your money buys you. That is fine. Gotta balance greed with lost sales vs money left on the table until balance is found. You as a buyer need to do the same. Don’t be a sucker.

IMO they (Stern) analyze historic sales data, forecasted sales data, warranty claims, BOM (be it art, IP or parts) vs ROI (sold units) & try to make a legit product with solid margins. Unless they’re just chopping lines of blow in the conference room & peeking out the blinds for week (BM66SLE).

I will say hype threads today are very different from years back. Now it’s “I don’t trust em on QC or code so I will wait” or “I’m getting this other game by a different manufacturer that’s already in stock”. That’s new & I’m sure Stern dislikes competition & likely regrets burning their customer base in the past. If they don’t now they soon will.

Long story short if GOTG doesn’t deliver... don’t buy it. That’s what I did with Star Wars. Sure, post about it here too & maybe communicate with Stern. But don’t buy it & gripe.

#1703 6 years ago

Agree.

Bottom line is I prefer playing Stern games to the competition but for the cost of new games, want the best game possible.

So, other than not buying a game, feedback hopefully may make a difference in the future.

As for GOTG - for me it all now depends on songs and code.

#1704 6 years ago

As an LE buyer on this title (I really didn't have a choice as my wife is really excited about this theme and wanted the LE because it is the only model that has baby Groot on the cabinet), I'm a bit disappointed the laser cut side rails aren't included. I know many complained that SW LE didn't include a shaker but it did include laser cut side rails. My feeling is LEs should include both but if Stern is only willing to include one I would prefer to be the laser cut side rails. If GotG LE buyers want the laser cut ones we basically have to buy side rails twice - once with the inflated cost of the LE and again with the after market laser cut rails. At least with the shaker motor we only had to buy it once and aftermarket versions were available at a discount.

#1705 6 years ago

How about a gloss black set of laser cut rails with either blue or purple inlay for those getting a premium. I think that would look great on this game.

#1706 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I really didn't have a choice as my wife is really excited about this theme and wanted

the LE because it is the only model that has baby Groot on the cabinet

#1707 6 years ago

Agreed; I honestly don't think I have read a worse reason to buy a LE of a game yet... congrats?

#1708 6 years ago

That is only the the half of it. She prefers the Chris Pratt rendering on the pro trans light (he is small and wearing a mask on the LE version) so we are buying a pro trans light to put in it. I'm sure Stern loves us.

#1709 6 years ago

I'm just gonna buy a $0.50 baby Groot sticker @ a gumball machine & stick it somewhere on the Pro cabinet.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

That is only the the half of it. She prefers the Chris Pratt rendering on the pro trans light (he is small and wearing a mask on the LE version) so we are buying a pro trans light to put in it. I'm sure Stern loves us.

LE art blade has a Pratt image.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm just gonna buy a $0.50 baby Groot sticker @ a gumball machine & stick it somewhere on the Pro cabinet.

Are you married? If I could get away with that I would.

#1712 6 years ago

uhhhh I read it as Hardon Enforcer button

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'm married to Quiddity ...and if she ever asks me to spend a few grand extra on a game just because of one tiny art difference....um.....it wouldn't be pretty. Thankfully, she wouldn't do that. 10 years and going strong.

#1714 6 years ago

Sounds weird, but biggest draw for me to premium is Groot arms. Otherwise, I like the look of the pro. There should be no reason they wouldnt fit on a pro, correct?

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm married to quiddity ...and if she ever asks me to spend a few grand extra on a game just because of one tiny art difference....um.....it wouldn't be pretty. Thankfully, she wouldn't do that. 10 years and going strong.

13 years for us. We own 14 games and most of them my wife couldn't care one way or the other about. She is really excited about this one, so I want it to be just the way she wants it. If the cost was a big issue for us, I'm sure she wouldn't be asking for this.

#1716 6 years ago

No shame in giving your partner exactly what they want, especially in a huge expensive luxury item.

It's a family purchase, everyone should be able to get something they want out of it.

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Sounds weird, but biggest draw for me to premium is Groot arms. Otherwise, I like the look of the pro. There should be no reason they wouldnt fit on a pro, correct?

Someone will make a mod that's better than sterns version.

#1718 6 years ago

How can I hook up my Zune to this ?

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

so I want it to be just the way she wants it

I totally get that. If she's into a specific pinball game and wants the best, don't hesitate to do it. Otherwise.......it'll never be good enough and be a constant thorn in your side.

#1720 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Someone will make a mod that's better than sterns version.

I suspect not; I mean I expected all kinds of mods for the "empty" Stars Wars game and really very little became available that wasn't somewhat cookie cutter versions of mods already available (lighting, mirror blades, etc)

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I suspect not; I mean I expected all kinds of mods for the "empty" Stars Wars game and really very little became available that wasn't somewhat cookie cutter versions of mods already available (lighting, mirror blades, etc)

If there is a market for it and money to b made.. soneone will make it lol.

#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Agreed; I honestly don't think I have read a worse reason to buy a LE of a game yet... congrats?

Are you mo-mos actually complaining that someones wife wants to buy an LE because baby Groot is on it?? Jealous??

#1723 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes I’m married.

Plus you’re not my type.

For real tho, baby groot isn’t very prominent or super integrated into the cabinet. The artist pretty much pasted the lil dude where he is so why can’t you?

Buy these decals. Cut ol grooty out with a xacto knife & expertly sprinkle his decal in every corner of the cabinet.

(I’m not really trying to convince you to skip the LE)

457FD620-1098-4858-B033-BE6647852F50 (resized).jpeg457FD620-1098-4858-B033-BE6647852F50 (resized).jpeg

#1724 6 years ago

Ah, dang. I thought that those laser cut siderails were on the LE and that the early pics just didn't show that. They're really going to hold that back from LE buyers? I guess they're at least an actual upgrade. The cut rails for Ghostbusters looked like a "My First Stencil Kit" product.

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Ah, dang. I thought that those laser cut siderails were on the LE and that the early pics just didn't show that. They're really going to hold that back from LE buyers? I guess they're at least an actual upgrade. The cut rails for Ghostbusters looked like a "My First Stencil Kit" product.

Yeah I assumed those were going to LE buyers for sure as they do look really good compared to just the gold.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I assumed those were going to LE buyers for sure as they do look really good compared to just the gold.

#1727 6 years ago

I’m actually super tempted for this machine. This is the first LE that has actually caught my attention. Going to wait for gameplay videos, but it looks sweet. I actually like the gold trim but agree that for the price, the etched side rails should have been included.

#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I have several Stern decks and few tables from Spooky, Gottlieb and Williams.

I'm going to start using the term "plank". pinball plank sort of rolls off the tongue pretty easily

#1729 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it will be fine. The plastic ramp on my TWD and GOT are smooth as Butter.

metal ramps can be smooth as well. T3 flows like butter as well. Probably the smoothest metal ramp game i've ever played.

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hey, that is a perfectly fine reason. *Any* reason that the wife gives you to actually buy a pinball, you do it. My wife liked Avatar and wanted the Avatar pinball. We have an avatar pinball. Wife likes baby groot face on LE? You buy the LE.

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern does try to better their product. My Aerosmith shipped with factory mylar/cliffys

Actually, it shipped with ripoff cliffys. They didn't work with him, just ripped off his idea.

#1732 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Hey, that is a perfectly fine reason. *Any* reason that the wife gives you to actually buy a pinball, you do it. My wife liked Avatar and wanted the Avatar pinball. We have an avatar pinball. Wife likes baby groot face on LE? You buy the LE.

I guess. And i understand the intent. And if you have the money it is yours to spend.

But on the other hand spending 2k or whatever on groot stickers is kinda hard to swallow unless you are playing brewsters millions.

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

How can I hook up my Zune to this ?

"There’s a lady on there named Alice Cooper that I like a lot. She seems kinda angry...."

Later,
EV

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Just make sure that the LE doesn't ship with all three translites, like they did with Star Wars LE (probably a different deal since you're getting a real backglass with the LE, but probably worth asking so you don't end up with two Pro translites).

#1735 6 years ago

I've never seen these movies but the game looks to have potential. I'm excited to see streams and hear more about it

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just make sure that the LE doesn't ship with all three translites, like they did with Star Wars LE (probably a different deal since you're getting a real backglass with the LE, but probably worth asking so you don't end up with two Pro translites).

All SWLEs came with 3 translites?

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yes.

#1738 6 years ago

LOL @ etched side rails not part of the LE package! What a joke.

We used to say ‘oh pinside’, but it seems more too frequent that we should be changing that phrase to ‘oh stern’

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

LOL @ etched side rails not part of the LE package! What a joke.
We used to say ‘oh pinside’, but it seems more too frequent that we should be changing that phrase to ‘oh stern’

It seems like the MO is always to skip SOMETHING...

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wonder if it will carry-over the shared KISS bugs like Aerosmith lol

Looking at the insert matrix, and knowing Lonnie is on code, I can almost guarantee this game (ruleswise) will be near identical to Aerosmith.

Center insert matrix modes = AS song modes.

Play all modes = medley wizard mode

Complete all modes = tour wizard mode

Charge up = AS crank it up

Groot = TIA

Orb drop target shot = love in an elevator.

Rocket will hopefully be something different, probably war machine multiball.

You get the idea, that’s pretty much it. not saying it’s bad or indifferent; but unique or original, I highly doubt it will be.

#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes SW LE came with all 3 trans lights. I actually asked my distributor and they aren't doing this with GotG LE. I was also appears it is a real back glass, so to display the pro trans light I will also need to get sheet of glass and the channels to hold the trans light.

#1742 6 years ago

In really curious if the premium will be worth the extra over the pro. I like the extra magnets, and arms, but what else really is there? I'm assuming the arms could be purchased separately later or a mod.

#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

In really curious if the premium will be worth the extra over the pro. I like the extra magnets, and arms, but what else really is there? I'm assuming the arms could be purchased separately later or a mod.

Stern probably won't sell the arms separately later (I think they generally try to discourage you from "working your way up" to a Premium or LE that way), but someone else assuredly will. Check out the aftermarket Millennium Falcons for SW Pro. Of course there, it seems Stern was using a commercially available toy so it may be slightly harder to get an exact duplicate for Groot Arms, but someone will figure it out.

#1744 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Working orb, spinners and more lighting. Worth is really in the eye of the buyer tho.

#1745 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Batman66 SLE did that as well. Seems to be a new trend with Stern.

#1746 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Long story short if GOTG doesn’t deliver... don’t buy it. That’s what I did with Star Wars. Sure, post about it here too & maybe communicate with Stern. But don’t buy it & gripe.

Thats what im talking about! Couldn't agree more.

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

FYI
-buttons & flippers, Pro = yellow/yellow, Premium = white/white, LE= red/white

Premium over Pro

Current Total list
- Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil
- Motorized Orb mechanism opens and closes to reveal the illuminated Infinity Stone
- 3 playfield magnets in the middle of the playfield to divert balls and create multiball chaos
- 3 RGB LED multicolor pop bumpers
- 2 spinners
- Ramp decals at ramp entrances
- All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access
- Powder-coated steel bottom arch
- RGB LED lighting for inserts throughout the playfield
- General illumination LED lighting (red, white, blue)
- Custom Goot Arms
- Sling Shot flashers
- (NOT CONFIRMED), Stern Cliffy's, Pro seems to be missing them, Prem & LE seem to have them
- (NOT CONFIRMED) Stern Cabinet metal support hopefully this is added to all cabinets Pro, Prem, LE

LE over Premium
- Mirrored Backglass
- Shaker Motor
- Gold standard armor & trim (NOT laser cut rails/armor)
- Art blades (Out of the this world edition)

Optional accessories
- Shake Motor
- HD Glass
- Laser-Cut Armor Gold (Pending wrinkle black for Premium & Pro)
- Art blades (N/A)
- Topper (N/A)
- Shooter knob (N/A)

Stern Matrix
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/guardians-of-the-galaxy/le/GOTG%20Feature%20Matrix.pdf

GOTG Feature Matrix (resized).jpgGOTG Feature Matrix (resized).jpg

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Batman66 SLE did that as well. Seems to be a new trend with Stern.

I figured they threw in the other translites on SW LE since everyone was complaining about no real backglass, and many folks seemed to like the Premium translite best. Since GOTG has an actual backglass again, no extra translites (since they'd then also need to include a sheet of clear glass and channels if they wanted people to be able to use them).

#1749 6 years ago

sorry double post

#1750 6 years ago

you forgot: flashers on the slingshots

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/35?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.