2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 86.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So,.... when will we see actual footage of the full game/ Dead Flip stream?

deadflip mentioned in his recent stream that he will be doing it from Stern's factory mid-late November this month and it will be with all of the designers and creators.

#1652 2 years ago

I hope clear inserts will not be a repeat of GOT and having to wear sunglasses to play it

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A lot of people hate metallicas theme so yeah it can top it for them.
Metallica took YEARS to become what it is. And I still think it’s overrated. I love the shots though. Glad this game is a different take on a proven layout.

Metallica code evolved in the first year 2013-2104.... but the sole of what made the game liked was there after that. All the code changes since 2014 have been very minor. It changed a bit from initial release... but happened quite fast. Not years.

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like the second movie more. The soundtrack is better and the movie is like a two hour music video. Also Kurt Russell.
I saw the 3D version the first time because it was the only showtime available. It was the first 3D movie I've seen in seven years. Absolutely terrible. I won't be doing that again. The problem was stuff kept popping in and out focus and it didn't add anything to the experience.

GOTG 1 and 2 look stellar in 3D. You either saw it at a bad theater or your eyes have issues issues with 3D.

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GOTG 1 and 2 look stellar in 3D. You either saw it at a bad theater or your eyes have issues issues with 3D.

We watched the 2nd movie in 3D at home on my projection screen last week. It was amazing. It looked incredible. Way better than most 3D movies ie since it was actually real 3D not processed 3D.

#1656 2 years ago

I have a feeling code will be decent out of the gate on this one. My concern is lack of songs. GOTG franchise is what it is because the awesome soundtracks. I am hoping Stern can add more, it would be great to match up a song with each mode- I would be stoked if they could do that. My other concern is animation for LCD. I am leaning towards actual movie footage instead of Scooby doo animation. The art is killer, I think I want to pull the trigger on the Pro just for the art (:

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have a feeling code will be decent out of the gate on this one. My concern is lack of songs. GOTG franchise is what it is because the awesome soundtracks. I am hoping Stern can add more, it would be great to match up a song with each mode- I would be stoked if they could do that. My other concern is animation for LCD. I am leaning towards actual movie footage instead of Scooby doo animation. The art is killer, I think I want to pull the trigger on the Pro just for the art (:

In an ideal world 8 songs for 8 modes plus 2 more for mini wizard and wizard. How many would Stern sell if they had gone all out on this game?!

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How many would Stern sell if they had gone all out on this game?!

I think the songs on Mustang helped sales. I also think if they added songs it would really help sales for GOTG. It really would be easy to do code wise, I guess it may just be a cost factor? Not sure how the number of soundtracks and the licensing rights work? I would figure if you buy the rights it would include music, especially with GOTG? The music is part of the storyline, not to have it included is sacrilegious.

#1659 2 years ago

In an ideal world 8 songs for 8 modes plus 2 more for mini wizard and wizard. How many would Stern sell if they had gone all out on this game?!

Sounds good to me. If not all are linked to modes, maybe incorporate some in another way ?

How about one in attract mode and one for end of game ?

#1660 2 years ago

Man does the art on the Pro Pop!

I cant stop starring at it....I love the bright turquoise trim around the backbox.

Guardians-of-the-galaxy Pro.jpg

#1661 2 years ago

can't wait to see some game play video.

#1662 2 years ago

Best part of the cabinet....if it was me I'd have that in the center.

ROCKET (resized).jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-groot-rocket-2 (resized).jpg

#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

We watched the 2nd movie in 3D at home on my projection screen last week. It was amazing. It looked incredible. Way better than most 3D movies ie since it was actually real 3D not processed 3D.

Err... no it wasn't filmed using 3D cameras actually. Why did you think that? The post processing and CGI was done well though I admit.

Not many films using 3D cameras these days...

#1664 2 years ago

probably half as many as they would if they kept the "full"version price point at 6k or below.

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Err... no it wasn't filmed using 3D cameras actually. Why did you think that? The post processing and CGI was done well though I admit.
Not many films using 3D cameras these days...

Yup, but conversions have gotten incredible...older movies like Jurassic Park & Titanic look like they were shot in 3D.

#1666 2 years ago

I think the issues with conversion versus native is just setting up the shots for a 3d shoot to hold for longer, and not be so frenetic with the editing so your eye can really sink in what you are looking at. I know Cameron had long sustained tracking shots in Avatar, but perhaps hardly anyone else even bothers.

#1667 2 years ago

I've seen a couple 3d movies at the theater but won't bother again. I like them at home in 3d way better. Maybe the theater screen is too big, but the effect isn't as good.
120" at home so not small, seems perfect.

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I've seen a couple 3d movies at the theater but won't bother again. I like them at home in 3d way better. Maybe the theater screen is too big, but the effect isn't as good.

I think it can make a difference how close you sit to the theater screen.

When my boys and I go to see a movie, we sit closer to the screen (because my wife likes to sit in the back row). But I think I've noticed when we sit too close for a 3D film, I tend to have to look around to take in everything that's going on (i.e. on the periphery) which makes it a pain with the 3D effect.

Maybe it's just me, but I've found it more enjoyable to sit a bit further back for movies in 3D. And other than occasional syncing issues with my glasses, I enjoy 3D even more at home (but that could be not having the best theater options within 20-30 mins of my home).

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I cant stop starring at it....I love the bright turquoise trim around the backbox.

love the way it looks and hope it plays great.

#1670 2 years ago

Probably 0 more? I understand the complaining and this sucks and what ifs
and all.. but if you talk about actual buyers with cash in their hands to spend $6-9k who either GOTG appeals to as a theme or the layout/toys look appealing is gonna actually walk (complain, sure).

On the flip side, if you were not interested in GOTG theme, or Stern, or GOTG layout, or didn't have the $$, no amount of full soundtrack changes your mind.

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

You should watch a 3D Blu-ray in VR. That is something else.

#1672 2 years ago

I swore I'd never buy a new stern, but I'm loving this game. The art package is amazing, and they killed it on the theme IMO. I really hope the quality issues where identified on this release as it could really help redeem Stern's credibility.

I'd be totally happy with just 2 songs, more would be a blessing. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bet ordering one, only after I play it.

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I swore I'd never buy a new stern, but I'm loving this game. The art package is amazing, and they killed it on the theme IMO. I really hope the quality issues where identified on this release as it could really help redeem Stern's credibility.
I'd be totally happy with just 2 songs, more would be a blessing. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bet ordering one, only after I play it.

How do u know they killed it on theme? Are these available to play at the factory or is there a gameplay video i can watch? Sure cant tell by just looking at the art . I like the looks of it but need to see much more to decide.

#1674 2 years ago

Wonder if it will carry-over the shared KISS bugs like Aerosmith lol

#1675 2 years ago

bigd1979 there are a few videos out yes. What I mean by "they killed the theme" I was not indicating game play. I was speaking specifically to the presentation: Cabinet art, playfield art, backglass, toys.

We have yet to see and hear the sounds and music. That sound &a music will be the defining factor to move me closer to a potential buy.

#1676 2 years ago

bigd1979 there are a few videos out yes. What I mean by "they killed the theme" I was not indicating game play. I was speaking specifically to the presentation: Cabinet art, playfield art, backglass, toys.
We have yet to see and hear the sounds and music. That sound &a music will be the defining factor to move me closer to a potential buy.

there is a BIG "D" in every crowd.

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have to agree. It's a great looking game.

SPIKE, Lonnie. I just had to say those to keep my composure.

#1678 2 years ago

I could see "cherry bomb" song being dropped when you start one of the multi balls that would be awesome!

#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

there is a BIG "D" in every crowd.

Just keeping it real......

#1680 2 years ago

Yep looks cool and bright but to me the gameplay, sound, graphis, , lighting and code are most important . I hope it's all a winner so i can purchase it in a few months.

#1682 2 years ago

I could see "cherry bomb" song being dropped when you start one of the multi balls that would be awesome!
» YouTube video

I dunno, I keep circling back to "Hooked on a feeling" It's more recognizable from the movie.

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love the bright turquoise trim around the backbox.

Isn't that just the "Painters Tape"?

#1684 2 years ago

This game needs way more songs. I,ve bought over a dozen NIB machines and I'd be all over this with 8 or more songs. (After I play it). Live and Learn......where is that Kiss code?

#1685 2 years ago

I can't wait to play this deck, er, table, er, machine ...this pinball game thingy at Allentown!

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I can't wait to play this deck

Don't encourage stupid, Ted.

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Don't encourage stupid, Ted.

Check!

IMG_0355.jpg

#1688 2 years ago

Anyone have a guess why so little Drax? He was a big part of both movies and cool character. I note his absence or, at least, his lack of equal presence in all three models.

#1689 2 years ago

Alternate back glass.... yes please!

Ayesha (resized).jpg

#1690 2 years ago

I wonder if Dead Flip will will play the pro first.....then come back and do the premium a few weeks later?

#1691 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone have a guess why so little Drax? He was a big part of both movies and cool character. I note his absence or, at least, his lack of equal presence in all three models.

He is there on the backglass and cabinet art but it appears his coloring sort of blends in with the color scheme of the game a bit.

#1692 2 years ago

I think one thing that may bug me a bit would be the constant up and down flexing of the ramps with every shot (per Stern's brief video).

It creates a Zizzle-like aura of "cheapness" where it may or may not be warranted.

It's probably not the thinness of the ramp's plastic... may have more to do with the spring steel ramp "connectors" where it comes out of the backboard. Not sure how you would make these more rigid for a home machine. For a location machine I wouldn't care - I'd enjoy it anyways.

I guess we'll see if this even bothers anybody soon. May be a non-issue.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think one thing that may bug me a bit would be the constant up and down flexing of the ramps with every shot (per Stern's brief video).
I creates a Zizzle-like aura of "cheapness" where it may or may not be warranted.
It's probably not the thinness of the ramp's plastic... may have more to do with the spring steel ramp "connectors" where it comes out of the backboard. Not sure how you would make these more rigid for a home machine. For a location machine I wouldn't care - I'd enjoy it anyways.
I guess we'll see if this even bothers anybody soon. May be a non-issue.

I think it will be fine. The plastic ramp on my TWD and GOT are smooth as Butter.

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it will be fine. The plastic ramp on my TWD and GOT are smooth as Butter.

And every other stern game with plastic ramps...

#1695 2 years ago

I'm very curious to see if the GOTG I just ordered will outperform SW and GB. Being that theme is the #1 driver of earnings I have my doubts. GOTG is a good theme, but it's not as beloved as SW and GB and too new for anyone to feel nostalgic about it. Even if it turns out to be a much, much better pin I still don't think it will catch them. Hopefully I'm wrong.

#1696 2 years ago

norcalrealtor where are you located I'm just in Walnut Creek!

#1697 2 years ago

norcalrealtor where are you located I'm just in Walnut Creek!

Very close. I'll PM you.

#1698 2 years ago

Well.

All those 'Stern are listening posts' and it turns out the laser armor is an expensive add on to an already expensive LE...

And are they listening to the lack of songs or is it more the case that initial pre-order sales are pretty poor?

I am guessing based on anecdotal info here and the high prices in Canada, Australia, Europe that games are not shifting like they used to.

This is the factor that has probably led to some songs being added to the game.

#1699 2 years ago

Well.
All those 'Stern are listening posts' and it turns out the laser armor is an expensive add on to an already expensive LE...
And are they listening to the lack of songs or is it more the case that initial pre-order sales are pretty poor?
I am guessing based on anecdotal info here and the high prices in Canada, Australia, Europe that games are not shifting like they used to.
This is the factor that has probably led to some songs being added to the game.

#1700 2 years ago

Yep. Voice your concern on the Facebook post. It does appear they are listening... hopefullymif enough people respond they will make a change...

15B73433-2FDC-4635-AA9A-A84EC3E9B018 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 22.50
Trade
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside