50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 86.
#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Full RGB. Borg told us at the factory on Wednesday that it's his first one to have that (even mentioned how Steve has been doing it for a while). And we saw a Premium with all clear inserts on the line.
He said doing that meant losing other things he was contemplating for the Premium.
So it has to be tough for the designers to decide what and how to use their BOM on a machine.

What about KISS?

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I'm tremendously outraged you're outraged!

It’s ok to be that way Sir. Please come over here, we have a safe place for you with coloring books and therapy dogs for you to pet. Oh yeah and you can scream and cry the whole time you are coloring also. It’s good to release your anger inside.

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm definitely in on a Pro when my Baywatch sells. I'm not going to tell my son that I'm selling it and getting us a GotG so that he will be super surprised.

Dibs on gotg when you sell it a week later

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s ok to be that way Sir. Please come over here, we have a safe place for you with coloring books and therapy dogs for you to pet. Oh yeah and you can scream and cry the whole time you are coloring also. It’s good to release your anger inside.

You know coloring books will just make me even more full of rage! Crayola doesn't even include my favorite colors in their basic assortment anymore. I have to pay more for their 64 pack to get the ones I want!

#1605 6 years ago

Stern needs to learn from Burger King! We want it our way!

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

You know coloring books will just make me even more full of rage! Crayola doesn't even include my favorite colors in their basic assortment anymore. I have to pay more for their 64 pack to get the ones I want!

So are you telling me that crayons come in a Pro and Premium package now also? Oh the horror!!

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What about KISS?

Hmm...not sure. Just going by what he said, saying it was the first time he'd done one like Steve had been doing for a while. Maybe the actual light show itself. Don't know.

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So are you telling me that crayons come in a Pro and Premium package now also? Oh the horror!!

Don't forget the Crayola LE!

IMG_1145 (resized).JPGIMG_1145 (resized).JPG

#1609 6 years ago

Hoooooly Moooooly Quackamolie! That’s the spoiled little rich kids crayon set right there now! That must be the LE version.

#1610 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hoooooly Moooooly Quackamolie! That’s the spoiled little rich kids crayon set right there now!

I just realized this is the first time I've completely derailed a thread! I'm officially a Pinsider!

On a side note, I forgot to update in this thread that there weren't any GOTG pins ready to play when we were at the factory on Wednesday. A ton of them in various states of build and about to be tested but nothing we could play.

And I can say that the Pros look even better in person. The colors on the cabinet and playfield really pop nicely.

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

By the looks of the playfield i dont believe it has full rgb ? Looks to just have rgb arrow inserts on all models .

Premium & LE has Full RGB LED

GOTG Feature Matrix.pdfGOTG Feature Matrix.pdf

Screenshot_20171104-125718 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20171104-125718 (resized).jpg

#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can we get a serious list please? What do you hate that Stern does?

i'll give you the most important one, that should ban stern from anyone who is serious about this hobby and plan on being here long term

Spike system-- Making games virtually disposable, because the games will be unfixable 5-10 years from now. (no schematics and super tight board configurations)

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I just realized this is the first time I've completely derailed a thread! I'm officially a Pinsider!
On a side note, I forgot to update in this thread that there weren't any GOTG pins ready to play when we were at the factory on Wednesday. A ton of them in various states of build and about to be tested but nothing we could play.
And I can say that the Pros look even better in person. The colors on the cabinet and playfield really pop nicely.

Yeah you ran this train completely off of the track and over a cliff, nice job dude!!

#1614 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll give you the most important one, that should ban stern from anyone who is serious about this hobby and plan on being here long term
Spike system-- Making games virtually disposable, because the games will be unfixable 5-10 years from now. (no schematics and super tight board configurations)

That’s the grand plan...sell crazily priced parts in 5-10 years time! Mwaaahahahahahaaaaa!

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That’s the grand plan...sell crazily priced parts in 5-10 years time! Mwaaahahahahahaaaaa!

I don't think it's about parts down the road. I think they are trying to make you have to throw your games away and buy their new stuff. I really think this is the plan with Spike. Disguised as (better for the customer boards).

#1616 6 years ago

Cold, rainy day here in northern Illinois makes for a perfect day to rewatch the movies.

Second movie was good not great, but I bought it anyway. Just wish all the eBay flippers hadn't bought up all the Target exclusive 3D versions. Didn't get to see Vol. 2 in 3D because my wife hates 3D movies.

#1617 6 years ago

While on the RGB premium/LE PF topic

I am Guessing here but the pic’s and current videos “might” be prototype’s using Pro PF’s I didn’t think that stern would actually show off a numbered LE previously they had prototypes of LE’s for testing, did any notice SDTM Unpopulated PF picture looks like clear inserts; but again it may just be a earlier render of the PF? & the Thumb nail from YouTube. Enjoy

0C156ECA-CDB5-416F-8E37-93D91621829A (resized).png0C156ECA-CDB5-416F-8E37-93D91621829A (resized).png

GOTG RGB (resized).PNGGOTG RGB (resized).PNG

#1618 6 years ago

Steve Ritchie's last 2 full RGB games were also all-white GI. So if this is color changing inserts AND RGB (zoned) GI, it should be a very pretty game.

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I am Guessing here but the pic’s and current videos “might” be prototype’s using Pro PF’s I didn’t think that stern would actually show off a numbered LE previously they had prototypes of LE’s for testing, did any notice SDTM Unpopulated PF picture looks like clear inserts; but again it may just be a earlier render of the PF? Enjoy

That's what the Premium playfields I saw at Stern on Wednesday looked like (like the unpopulated playfield pics shared by SDTM).

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Cold, rainy day here in northern Illinois makes for a perfect day to rewatch the movies.
Second movie was good not great, but I bought it anyway. Just wish all the eBay flippers hadn't bought up all the Target exclusive 3D versions. Didn't get to see Vol. 2 in 3D because my wife hates 3D movies.

Best Buy had the 3D exclusive in a 4K Steelbook. I found out that was the only version after the fact. I found a flipper who only wanted $35 for it. I can live with that.

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Best Buy had the 3D exclusive in a 4K Steelbook. I found out that was the only version after the fact. I found a flipper who only wanted $35 for it. I can live with that.

I'd definitely go $35 for that, given the average 3D release is sometimes $30+.

I didn't even look at any 4K options since I don't have a 4K tv yet.

I guess I'll check eBay again. Thatnks for the heads up.

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like to color and pet dogs, can I come too?

#1623 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don’t you just love when you get downvoted because you give Stern credit for making a GREAT game? Oh well, it’s the Pinside way I guess, not much you can do about it. Like you said though, very DICKISH!

Do you REALLY want to get downvoted? Try saying something negative about Spooky! The moderators will be on you like flies on shit.

#1624 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do you REALLY want to get downvoted?

Downvoted, ooooooohhhhhhh.

#1625 6 years ago

I am really bummed there is only 2 songs. Playfield looks good, but dang why only 2 songs? 10-12 or don't even bother

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Two songs is 'made right' for a license property that so heavily leverages music? Sure.

stern could only get a C15 tape in the backbox.

Compact-Cassette-2 (resized).pngCompact-Cassette-2 (resized).png

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do you REALLY want to get downvoted? Try saying something negative about Spooky! The moderators will be on you like flies on shit.

Oh yeah, been there and done that trust me lol. Yes Sireee, I know EXACTLY what you are saying!

#1628 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I like to color and pet dogs, can I come too?

Ehhh.....I don’t think so zr. You wouldn’t fit well in this group I’m afraid sorry buddy. These safe places I speak of are for a special type of person and I’m not even allowed to explain it to you on here. Don’t feel bad though because I’m not allowed in there either, I just know where it’s at and was trying to help the gentleman that was struggling with his anger issues and not getting his way. That’s how this mean ole world is getting these days unfortunately. The next thing you know, we ALL aren’t going to get a trophy at the next local pinball tournament. It’s coming, you just wait and see!

#1629 6 years ago

Lots of sensitive people out there. This should help.

#softerthenbabyshit

images-10 (resized).jpgimages-10 (resized).jpg

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ehhh.....I don’t think so zr. You wouldn’t fit well in this group I’m afraid sorry buddy. These safe places I speak of are for a special type of person and I’m not even allowed to explain it to you on here. Don’t feel bad though because I’m not allowed in there either, I just know where it’s at and was trying to help the gentleman that was struggling with his anger issues and not getting his way. That’s how this mean ole world is getting these days unfortunately. The next thing you know, we ALL aren’t going to get a trophy at the next local pinball tournament. It’s coming, you just wait and see!

comic relief

#1631 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m outraged that the Pro doesn’t have everything that the premium has.

Not everything but full RGB in the inserts, SW has the same GI lighting throughout all models so its not crazy.

#1632 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh yeah, been there and done that trust me lol. Yes Sireee, I know EXACTLY what you are saying!

JJP aswell, Spooky will garner heavy attacks from all sides, Why? because the games look like they were made in a garage for a school project?

#1633 6 years ago

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

JJP aswell, Spooky will garner heavy attacks from all sides, Why? because the games look like they were made in a garage for a school project?

To each there own. I have certainly enjoyed AMH and RZ. Both are really fun with really solid coding. TNA is built like a tank and there are rumors to be lots of upgrades coming for AC. Even if you don't like their games they at least seem to be really good people that take feedback and keep trying to improve.

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

To each there own. I have certainly enjoyed AMH and RZ. Both are really fun with really solid coding. TNA is built like a tank and there are rumors to be lots of upgrades coming for AC. Even if you don't like their games they at least seem to be really good people that take feedback and keep trying to improve.

I was just making a point, like you said to each is own, if they make something I like I will buy it.

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Premium & LE has Full RGB LED

FYI - That's not what the matrix says.
The exact wording is... RGB LED lighting for inserts throughout the playfield

That does not necessarily mean every insert is RGB - it could be, or maybe not - we'll just have to wait and see.

#1637 6 years ago

I am Guessing here but the pic’s and current videos “might” be prototype’s using Pro PF’s I didn’t think that stern would actually show off a numbered LE previously they had prototypes of LE’s for testing, did any notice SDTM Unpopulated PF picture looks like clear inserts; but again it may just be a earlier render of the PF? & the Thumb nail from YouTube. Enjoy

One good side effect of clear inserts is they hide ghosting. Combined with black outlines as we have here, ghosting problems solved.

Just looking at that pic, it doesn't look like there's an up-post to divert the ball into the pops. Maybe a controllable gate?

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That does not necessarily mean every insert is RGB

every insert is RGB. this is confermed.

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One good side effect of clear inserts is they hide ghosting. Combined with black outlines as we have here, ghosting problems solved.
Just looking at that pic, it doesn't look like there's an up-post to divert the ball into the pops. Maybe a controllable gate?

yeah, I am not sure. the STDM pic seems like an unfinished piece, I been looking at all the high res pics from -> https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/10/31/guardians-of-the-galaxy-revealed/

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

every insert is RGB. this is confermed.

Confirmed, do you/we have any proof? I really love my STLE, clear inserts with RGB really make it pop, wish my GB was clear with RGB. If anyone finds pics please post them up.

#1640 6 years ago

Confirmed, do you/we have any proof?

The Premium/LE playfield I saw at the factory on Wednesday had all clear inserts.

#1641 6 years ago

Stern deserves all the criticism they're getting.

Stern deserves all the props they're getting.

GOTG looks great.

Cant wait until they finish it so I can buy it.

I cant decide if I want to be a troll or fanboy.

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I cant decide if I want to be a troll or fanboy.

Troll is way more fun, this site would be really boring as a fanboy.

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not bored.

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I could be a Troll Fanboy tho

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I could be a Troll Fanboy tho

Yes, sounds like fun.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I'm tremendously outraged you're outraged!

Surprised Mr. Outrage 155 hasn’t chimed in...

#1648 6 years ago

Is the scoop a full scoop or the new crappy half cooked ones?

Also just thinking about mirror blades on a premium. Will Groots hands look silly mirrored? Like 4 hands? Think about it

#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I like the second movie more. The soundtrack is better and the movie is like a two hour music video. Also Kurt Russell.

I saw the 3D version the first time because it was the only showtime available. It was the first 3D movie I've seen in seven years. Absolutely terrible. I won't be doing that again. The problem was stuff kept popping in and out focus and it didn't add anything to the experience.

#1650 6 years ago

Confirmed, do you/we have any proof?

sk8ball told me that... he works for Stern...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,495 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/33?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.