2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 86.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Cherry Bomb must be high odds.
Fox on the Run would provide link to second movie and would be great to play to.

They’ve got to save a few songs for the Dazed and Confused pin when that comes out though ...

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So much damn negativity around this place that it’s pathetic man I swear.

And you are adding to it everyone has an opinion, try not to let it bother you

353E4B62-A8AD-4C95-88EE-AF9D07E91CF1 (resized).png

#1553 2 years ago

2 - 3 licenced tracks.

Solid code, couple of extra hidden modes, like Lyman did with BM66 and Bat-Turn would be cool.

And a mode, maybe the ultimate wizard mode that uses the ending from GOTG will make this close to perfect.

- need to get this scene in with Purple inserts/GI (red/Blue stringed together) BADASS!

#1554 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sure, rest of the game looks great, but for those 2 reasons Im not buying. They address those issues, I probably would.
Stern has sort of responded, we think, but no way they would have done so without the criticism.

If they addressed those two issues the yellow color of the LE? Don't buy the LE or Have it re powdered for 300.00 / 2 songs are not enough for you. Sure if that's what you are going with. But you say if they add all of the songs and offer you a different paint color instead of the Yellow/ Gold then you would Probably buy it. Granted we have not seen game play but for this argument in particular lets say it is good because you did not mention that as a reason you would not buy. You still say probably! Stern haters will not buy stern for what ever reason. They allocate funds for one new pin (anything but a stern and then bash the stern game so they do not feel they are missing out) GUESS WHAT! You are! I do not want you to have any of the new stern games. You people do not deserve it. Yes CGC is great I own them all. and yes JJP is great I own them all as well. But shit. There an't nothing wrong with a good old American Stern Pinball!

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Now you guys are just coming across kind of DICKISH!

Don't you mean DECKISH?

#1556 2 years ago

Thought of it after and said I had my chance so I left it alone. Well Played

#1557 2 years ago

So the groot hands move with the songs?

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Oh boy....a dead horse has risen.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

No they don’t move at all.

#1560 2 years ago

They reach around the playfield.

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I heard they were meant to move but Stern wouldn't pay the extra royalties to Disney.

#1562 2 years ago

agreed. However hard to tell with you from your previous posts. You seem to be very anti GOTG.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

BASH! BASH! BASH!
4 honest questions. Please answer.
1. How the hell do you know this?
2. Do you really want the groot hands to move?
3.Why would you want that? Oh forgot just something to complain about. I bet if they moved people would say I hate the moving groot hands they are so distracting.
4. Why would stern need to pay Disney extra money to get the groot hands to move?

I think your sarcasm detector needs adjustment.

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

agreed. However hard to tell with you from your previous posts. You seem to be very anti GOTG.

Not at all. The "joke" was mostly about the crap these companies have to go through with licensors such as Disney. And a little bit about Stern cost cutting. I thought the ridiculousness of it would make it clear it was a joke.

In all honesty, the game looks fantastic. Having owned (and loved) Iron Man and Metallica, my instant thought was the layout is a little too familiar. But if you haven't or don't own those 2, that's not a concern. The art is fantastic, the sculpted toys are great. I personally love the look of Groot and even his (non moving ) hands. Some good ball interaction with the magnets, kickback, Groot ball lock. We'll see how it plays soon. Obviously we have yet to see the animations. The lack of soundtrack music was a big disappointment for me, but the armour is not really a deal breaker (I hated GBLE at first, but it grew on me).

I'm now super picky about all new releases because I've got no more room, and I'm really happy with my current collection. If I had room for a few more games, I would probably already have ordered GOTGLE.

The other thing is I'm a grumpy B66le owner who has waited 12 months for beta code. I'm a bit jaded with Sterns code support at the moment, and have decided I'm waiting until games are finished before I pass judgment on whether or not they're good. Since I've owned games with a similar layout to GOTG, code, sound and animations become more important. If these are nothing special, then why would I buy a game with the same layout as something I've already had?

#1565 2 years ago

I already told you guys they only move on preordered LE's.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm now super picky about all new releases because I've got no more room, and I'm really happy with my current collection. If I had room for a few more games, I would probably already have ordered GOTGLE.

Ding Ding Ding!

Nail on the head. This I feel is a huge reason people try real hard not to like something new that is coming out. Yes sure money is a factor but over money is a collectors biggest problem and that is space. Most people have to chop a game of there line up. Most collectors by now do not have games in there collection that they think is just OK. Usually at this point they have filled there spaces with games they love. Since they have no more room they are overly judgemental on these new titles. Most of the time unfairly so.

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Ding Ding Ding!
Nail on the head. This I feel is a huge reason people try real hard not to like something new that is coming out. Yes sure money is a factor but over money is a collectors biggest problem and that is space. Most people have to chop a game of there line up. Most collectors by now do not have games in there collection that they think is just OK. Usually at this point they have filled there spaces with games they love. Since they have no more room they are overly judgemental on these new titles. Most of the time unfairly so.

I’m thinking I may have to splurge for a Premium on GOTG if I like the way it’s coded and the LCD animations. This pin is going to be special and a keeper if Lonnie nails the code.

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Ding Ding Ding!

Not unfairly. The issues are real. But how important they are depends on whether I'm looking to buy. I'll admit I'm looking for reasons not to buy this. Doesn't mean I don't like it, just means my threshold for what makes the game a must have is much higher.

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

If they addressed those two issues the yellow color of the LE? Don't buy the LE or Have it re powdered for 300.00 / 2 songs are not enough for you. Sure if that's what you are going with. But you say if they add all of the songs and offer you a different paint color instead of the Yellow/ Gold then you would Probably buy it. Granted we have not seen game play but for this argument in particular lets say it is good because you did not mention that as a reason you would not buy. You still say probably! Stern haters will not buy stern for what ever reason. They allocate funds for one new pin (anything but a stern and then bash the stern game so they do not feel they are missing out) GUESS WHAT! You are! I do not want you to have any of the new stern games. You people do not deserve it. Yes CGC is great I own them all. and yes JJP is great I own them all as well. But shit. There an't nothing wrong with a good old American Stern Pinball!

I keep thinking of Taylor Swift when the word haters is used

I bought ASLE and wanted this game but for me the music was a key feature.

Am I a Stern hater for not accepting 100% what they produce?

I must be a JJP hater as well as I have never bought a JJP game.

Time for Taylor

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I keep thinking of Taylor Swift when the word haters is used
I bought ASLE and wanted this game but for me the music was a key feature.
Am I a Stern hater for not accepting 100% what they produce?
I must be a JJP hater as well as I have never bought a JJP game.
Time for Taylor
» YouTube video

No, not many people like everything a company makes. I hate lots of things Stern does but there’s a lot of things that they do that I like also. Overall I like their product a lot even though they need to improve in several key areas.

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I've bought every Stern Nib box since Tron and I'm done. The quality is not there, Spike is crap, and the code situation is laughable. Say what you want, but Star Wars Premium or as Gary says Box of Lights was my last pre-order before playing. I'm one who welcomes the bashing as I desperately want Stern to be a better company.

Blowing smoke up their ass is not going to make that happen. Price increases without reason. The next game will have another price increase. I'm just at the point where I'm okay to wait and buy the game at 25 to 35 percent less.

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Blowing smoke up their ass is not going to make that happen.

This!

What makes me laugh is that Stern first takes away almost everything they can which obviously leads to unhappy people, but when they give back a little all is well again. Comparing GOTG to MET which is very obvious layout technically, look at how many things they took away (such as the number of toys, mechanics, very good fitting powdercoat on the LE, all the songs etc) and what they brought back.

I cannot believe they went from full RGB on ST/GOT to the minimal RGB leds they use now, seeing how much they can do with them in game. Also the cost for such a change is minimal (concerning the BOM, more cost for software of course) and they proved they know how to do it with ST/GOT.

edit: thinking about my post I must say that GOTG is a nice step back in the right direction. Artwise it is great and also look like a very fun game. The Pro seems like a good deal when I forget about the spinners, but for the higher end versions they are lacking some upgrades that make it worth it to get those.

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

This!
What makes me laugh is that Stern first takes away almost everything they can which obviously leads to unhappy people, but when they give back a little all is well again. Comparing GOTG to MET which is very obvious layout technically, look at how many things they took away (such as the number of toys, mechanics, very good fitting powdercoat on the LE, all the songs etc) and what they brought back.
I cannot believe they went from full RGB on ST/GOT to the minimal RGB leds they use now, seeing how much they can do with them in game. Also the cost for such a change is minimal (concerning the BOM, more cost for software of course) and they proved they know how to do it with ST/GOT.
edit: thinking about my post I must say that GOTG is a nice step back in the right direction. Artwise it is great and also look like a very fun game. The Pro seems like a good deal when I forget about the spinners, but for the higher end versions they are lacking some upgrades that make it worth it to get those.

The art is great. Borg is the best designer at Stern. The layout is a best of. All things are looking good, but the code is the question as always. We will all know soon enough if it's good. I'm still sitting back a couple of months and may get a Pro if it all comes together

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hate lots of things Stern does

can we get a serious list please? What do you hate that Stern does?

#1575 2 years ago

I hate the way Stern sells the first batch of pins overseas before the good old USA gets there's. What's the point in being a USA manufacture if the Jolly bunch of British people get it first? (No offense Jolly Brittish people)

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can we get a serious list please? What do you hate that Stern does?

Plastic ramps, recycled code, just my opinion but my 25 year old williams games dont show the wear of a stern after 1k games. Guardians is a nice look etc but it lacks like any sense of original. Id like to see a stern with an upper flipper, maybe games built on flow instead of speed. I know its based on metallica but do you think it can honestly top metallica

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I know its based on metallica but do you think it can honestly top metallica

A lot of people hate metallicas theme so yeah it can top it for them.

Metallica took YEARS to become what it is. And I still think it’s overrated. I love the shots though. Glad this game is a different take on a proven layout.

#1578 2 years ago

So do people think this will be like JJPOTC where they will not be allowed to use the video clips of the actors on the LCD?

If they do have video clips from the first film do you think there is enough variety of clips and callouts from a 2 hour movie to not be repetitive?

I had a Stern Star Trek and it got a little boring doing the same missions based on the same 6 movie scenarios over and over. They limited themselves by only using scenes from the two movies (in Guardians case it it might be worse since it appears they are only using one movie).

Would be cool if the game could have some additional new Stern created scenarios that were in the GOTG universe in addition to scenes from the first movie to give it more variety. Not sure how they would handle new original content on the LCD though.

The JJ approach seems to be multiple status displays and animated maps which is a little bland. I like the action footage with comic style text panels style used in Batman66 but that has the advantage of 120 episodes to choose from.

#1579 2 years ago

but do you think it can honestly top metallica

With no magnet in front of Groot to make shooting him in the face (okay, there's something rather hilarious about there being no repercussions about shooting Groot in the face. I mean...that's the only reason he's in the movies...to be a scapegoat. Might as well have it be the same in the pin, apparently..) dangerous (see Sparky/Jacky/IJ4 Ark), I hope the scoring on Groot MB is EXTREMELY low and it's just the "participation prize" for less skilled players. Otherwise, you thought early Met code and bashing the chair for multiball was bad? Ain't seen nothing yet if hitting Groot doesn't fire the mid-playfield magnets in some way to make things unpredictable.

#1580 2 years ago

Guardians is a nice look etc but it lacks like any sense of original. Id like to see a stern with an upper flipper, maybe games built on flow instead of speed. I know its based on metallica but do you think it can honestly top metallica

What?
Game looks great. We shall see the code. It will not be like any other game because it is not a vault edition cash grab as some people say. Brand new theme. Stern is still new introducing there LCD integration. Magnets galore. Captive ball lock. Kick out animated Rocket. Ball eating Animated Groot. Great sound quality with at least 2 very famous songs. Probably the most beautiful art package in all of pinball. All RGB inserts. If you so choose LE Shaker. Backglass custom themed art blades. Game looks to have amazing flow. Come on people.

I would hate you to be my girlfriend. You are a tough one to please.

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

What?
Game looks great. We shall see the code. It will not be like any other game because it is not a vault edition cash grab as some people say. Brand new theme. Stern is still new introducing there LCD integration. Magnets galore. Captive ball lock. Kick out animated Rocket. Ball eating Animated Groot. Great sound quality with at least 2 very famous songs. Probably the most beautiful art package in all of pinball. All RGB inserts. If you so choose LE Shaker. Backglass custom themed art blades. Game looks to have amazing flow. Come on people.
I would hate you to be my girlfriend. You are a tough one to please.

By the looks of the playfield i dont believe it has full rgb ? Looks to just have rgb arrow inserts on all models .010-guardians-of-the-galaxy (resized).jpg

#1582 2 years ago

If they use bullshit flash animations like AS - Im Out!

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

If they use bullshit flash animations like AS - Im Out!

You'd seriously prefer BM'66 or, much worse, SW.

Those are monumentally lazy and lacking.

#1584 2 years ago

#1585 2 years ago

I wonder what rules difference there will be with regards to having spinners or not. I hope there will be a difference.

#1586 2 years ago

Is it just me, or is GOTG just too similar to GOT? Not the game itself, the acronym. Every time I see GOTG I think Game of Thrones.

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone listen to the latest podcast...WWE leftover armor being put on this LE...yuck.

Haha, that's exactly what I said in another forum a while back - the LE looks like a WWE!

Funny if that's the case

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

By the looks of the playfield i dont believe it has full rgb ? Looks to just have rgb arrow inserts on all models .

Full RGB. Borg told us at the factory on Wednesday that it's his first one to have that (even mentioned how Steve has been doing it for a while). And we saw a Premium with all clear inserts on the line.

He said doing that meant losing other things he was contemplating for the Premium.

So it has to be tough for the designers to decide what and how to use their BOM on a machine.

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Full RGB. Borg told us at the factory on Wednesday that it's his first one to have that (even mentioned how Steve has been doing it for a while). And we saw a Premium with all clear inserts on the line.
He said doing that meant losing other things he was contemplating for the Premium.
So it has to be tough for the designers to decide what and how to use their BOM on a machine.

Nice.... than i will go with a premium in a few months if i like what i see. They really sld do a better job with the pictures lol.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Too bad Stern hasn’t gotten into selling those other ideas as after market upgrades. Clearly people who care will do that stuff (like timebandit’s Integrated add ons).

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

The hands are actually for catching air balls off the flippers. Pretty stealth move by the Stern engineers.

Note: I am in on GOTG....just can't resist the theme.

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Note: I am in on GOTG....just can't resist the theme.

Which did you choose? Mr. handy versions or pro?

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Is it just me, or is GOTG just too similar to GOT? Not the game itself, the acronym. Every time I see GOTG I think Game of Thrones.

Haha! I'm putting GOTG right next to my GOT!

#1594 2 years ago

Why not just have all the models with full RGB inserts, how much extra could that cost? I'm not stupid I know why it just sucks.

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Which did you choose? Mr. handy versions or pro?

Gotta have the hands!

#1596 2 years ago

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why not just have all the models with full RGB inserts, how much extra could that cost? I'm not stupid I know why it just sucks.

I’m outraged that the Pro doesn’t have everything that the premium has.

#1598 2 years ago

I know they don't but it would be so cool if the hands moved to block shots at random or interacted with the game in other ways. This is really a cool looking game. I hope the other things have been worked out to make it play as great as it looks.

#1599 2 years ago

I'm definitely in on a Pro when my Baywatch sells. I'm not going to tell my son that I'm selling it and getting us a GotG so that he will be super surprised.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m outraged that the Pro doesn’t have everything that the premium has.

I'm tremendously outraged you're outraged!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Portsmouth, NH
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside