50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 86.
#1501 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is probably indicative of the fact that initial pre-orders are way down historically.
See what happens when everybody doesn't jump on board right away?

I'm holding off buying until 3 songs are in GOTG now

#1502 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I'm holding off buying until 3 songs are in GOTG now

Lol. I'm holding out for 5.

#1503 6 years ago

Saw the new Thor movie earlier today, it's a great addition to the MCU.

Got me completely and totally psyched for the Guardians pin, even more than I already was.

#1504 6 years ago

If they're adding 2 songs, I think that's good. Use one for your main "non-mode" music (like the Ray Parker Jr song in GB), and use one for a Multiball or a mode where it makes sense to use thematically.

#1505 6 years ago

From Stern’s Instagram account. Not sure if this has been posted.

119B1BB4-46EC-4838-BECB-0E69739A3992 (resized).jpeg119B1BB4-46EC-4838-BECB-0E69739A3992 (resized).jpeg

#1506 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

What is that IN the cabinet?!

#1507 6 years ago

Gold is still ugly on a pin, but that's definitely a step up.

#1508 6 years ago

If given the choice of only two original songs going into this pin, my vote would be;

1) "Hooked On A Feeling" - Blue Swede. This is THE song that defines the first movie. Hell, Quill himself claims personal ownership of the song in the prison processing scene.

and

2) "Guardians Inferno" - The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff. Here is a fun ass retro-disco tune that pulls in the second movie. Even gives a little narrative in the lyrics.

Runners-up; "Come And Get Your Love" - Redbone for the first film, and "Fox On The Run" - Sweet for the second, even though it was only in the trailer.

Later,
EV

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

Oh, that settles it then. They’re definitely using the 400 sets of left over WWE armour.

Hahaha!

rd

Edit - that’s sarcasm in case you didn’t get it.

9397328F-EF5A-47C1-BE98-D18908FF61E6 (resized).jpeg9397328F-EF5A-47C1-BE98-D18908FF61E6 (resized).jpeg

#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Oh, that settles it then. They’re definitely using the 400 sets of left over WWE armour.
Hahaha!
rd

But if they laser cut them, they'd have to have re-powder coat them (because the edges are covered) -- so it's not really re-using anything.

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But if they laser cut them, they'd have to have re-powder coat them (because the edges are covered) -- so it's not really re-using anything.

Yeah, those look like the GB shaped rails....WWE used regular lollipop style.

#1512 6 years ago

I think the gold looks awesome.

#1513 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think you missed my sarcasm.

rd

#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I think the gold looks awesome.

Same!

#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

Was there anything to say if that was new LE armour, or the aftermarket stuff they plan on selling?

#1516 6 years ago

Damn how disappointed are folks that these are apparently
Not leftover stock from WWE. And now some actual pop songs are getting used?

Blue balls for the dark night for stern crowd for sure.

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was there anything to say if that was new LE armour, or the aftermarket stuff they plan on selling?

Hopefully for all the LE guys!

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All it says is “Sneak Peak...” with the picture attached. I’m guessing (and hoping) that it’s the armour included on all LE’s.

#1519 6 years ago

I well known pinball podcaster just sent me evidence that these side rails were left over from an early prototype WWE LE machine:

GotG armor (resized).jpgGotG armor (resized).jpg

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I well known pinball podcaster just sent me evidence that these side rails were left over from an early prototype WWE LE machine:

I fuckin KNEW IT!!!

#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'd forgotten that Zoe Saladana was in the Legion of Doom.

#1522 6 years ago

You guys are funny.

#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

All it says is “Sneak Peak...” with the picture attached. I’m guessing (and hoping) that it’s the armour included on all LE’s.

They’re probably add-ons like the Ghostbuster ones, but my hopes are up that they’re included.

#1524 6 years ago

Mix tape should have included BENNIE AND THE JETS and SPACE COWBOY

Seriously wtf is goin on around here! It's friday and time to get lit up. Heading over to Caesars to see Elton John, the pinball wizard.

#1525 6 years ago

In the tune of a soundtrack song...

"Come a little bit closer
You're my kind of game
With some really cool shots"

#1526 6 years ago

Do you really think Stern said "oh crap, nobody is pre-ordering this game" and then all of a sudden went out and secured the rights to two songs in less than a week? I think it takes longer than that. I would think this has been in the works for awhile.

#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Do you really think Stern said "oh crap, nobody is pre-ordering this game" and then all of a sudden went out and secured the rights to two songs in less than a week? I think it takes longer than that. I would think this has been in the works for awhile.

Its possible Stern secured the rights to a dozen songs then to cut corners & opted out of using them only to add two back in.

Foil hat talk right there lol

#1528 6 years ago

Mustang is the last game I can think of that used 3rd party licensed songs in a big way. Was it part of the original announcement and matrix?

#1529 6 years ago

Called JJ today and ordered a Pro for our location. If it was for me I'd wait and see, but since it's for the location I want it ASAP. Hopefully I don't regret it, but I think the theme is a winner and Borg can't seem to miss lately. Premium prices have gotten out of hand.

#1530 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Mustang is the last game I can think of that used 3rd party licensed songs in a big way. Was it part of the original announcement and matrix?

Looks like it was....

mustang matrix (resized).JPGmustang matrix (resized).JPG

#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Dude, throw them a bone. If people really want to believe this, let em.

Even though it’s absolutely ridiculous.

#1532 6 years ago

Good news about the songs. I like music in pinnall games. Storage space is too cheap to not include it these days. Although, I do certainly appreciate the added coding required to include them in a meaningful way.

Big thanks to Stern for responding to the community!

#1533 6 years ago

WOW, from everything I can gather I think Stern really knocked it out of the park on this one! EPIC ART, great theme, proven and fun playfield concepts. While I'll have to reserve full judgement until I see the full package and get some game play, I can pretty confidently say that this will be my first Stern purchase (hell, my first purchase of anything newer than 1999's RFM). They've really got their hook in me on this one!

Sounds; I'm in the minority that would rather not have the licensed songs. I watch the movie about 3X/yr and own the soundtrack on vinyl and cassette. I get the songs enough and I don't want them burned into my head from playing this pin A LOT (hopefully). I think two songs is a fair compromise on Stern's part, although it would be cool if the LE's got more songs for the more 'complete package'.

Trims; I'm torn about Pro vs. Premium. While I think I would be willing to pay the extra $$ for the Premium (might wait for a used one) and see the value in the features, I REALLY prefer the art package on the Pro and find it odd that the cab/BG art gets kinda downgraded as you go up in trim, but I realize that art is in the eye of the beholder. Just because I'm such a visual person (and budget-minded), I will probably get the Pro and lightly mod it with some side blades and hopefully some aftermarket Groot arm ramp covers.

Bravo, Stern, for making a game that both operators and collectors can love!! Way to keep pinball thriving for EVERYONE!!

#1534 6 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpurdy:

WOW, from everything I can gather I think Stern really knocked it out of the park on this one! EPIC ART, great theme, proven and fun playfield concepts. While I'll have to reserve full judgement until I see the full package and get some game play, I can pretty confidently say that this will be my first Stern purchase (hell, my first purchase of anything newer than 1999's RFM). They've really got their hook in me on this one!
Sounds; I'm in the minority that would rather not have the licensed songs. I watch the movie about 3X/yr and own the soundtrack on vinyl and cassette. I get the songs enough and I don't want them burned into my head from playing this pin A LOT (hopefully). I think two songs is a fair compromise on Stern's part, although it would be cool if the LE's got more songs for the more 'complete package'.
Trims; I'm torn about Pro vs. Premium. While I think I would be willing to pay the extra $$ for the Premium (might wait for a used one) and see the value in the features, I REALLY prefer the art package on the Pro and find it odd that the cab/BG art gets kinda downgraded as you go up in trim, but I realize that art is in the eye of the beholder. Just because I'm such a visual person (and budget-minded), I will probably get the Pro and lightly mod it with some side blades and hopefully some aftermarket Groot arm ramp covers.
Bravo, Stern, for making a game that both operators and collectors can love!! Way to keep pinball thriving for EVERYONE!!

...I'll have what pinheadpurdy 's having!

#1535 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's friday and time to get lit up.

I'm way ahead of you.

All aboard the hype train, choo choo!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Deck has been ordered!

Sweet. After it arrives I’ll have to stop in some time when I’m visiting the kid at college and get in a few games on the new deck.

#1538 6 years ago

I have several Stern decks and few tables from Spooky, Gottlieb and Williams.

#1539 6 years ago

Sometimes we'll use a pinball machine for a cards table. So we play a deck on them.

#1540 6 years ago

195E27C1-FA76-4B03-BEF5-FF8ECEFBFACD (resized).jpeg195E27C1-FA76-4B03-BEF5-FF8ECEFBFACD (resized).jpeg

#1541 6 years ago

How about a thanks for doing a better job Stern. How about you made a game that looks great and has a good number of toys and technology. Lets not bash the company that is starting to listen. By this rate even if you are not in on this theme if they keep up this momentum Jurassic World will be the most amazing game ever.

Seriously stop bashing. Sounds silly anyways there is very little to complain about on GOTG. They nailed pretty much all of your previous complaints. Now you guys are just coming across kind of DICKISH!

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sweet. After it arrives I’ll have to stop in some time when I’m visiting the kid at college and get in a few games on the new deck.

Stop encouraging him.

#1543 6 years ago

I really hope the new deck from Stern has the port and starboard sides marked, because I can never keep them straight.

#1544 6 years ago

Hopefully GOTG is on deck for my next gameroom purchase.

#1545 6 years ago

I was always confused about the term "deck" in pinball. Caucasian2step's reviews always used that term. He gets a pass as his reviews are the best on this site. (Oh, and for some reason it sounds cool when he uses it)

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

How about a thanks for doing a better job Stern. How about you made a game that looks great and has a good number of toys and technology. Lets not bash the company that is starting to listen. By this rate even if you are not in on this theme if they keep up this momentum Jurassic World will be the most amazing game ever.
Seriously stop bashing. Sounds silly anyways there is very little to complain about on GOTG. They nailed pretty much all of your previous complaints. Now you guys are just coming across kind of DICKISH!

Don’t you just love when you get downvoted because you give Stern credit for making a GREAT game? Oh well, it’s the Pinside way I guess, not much you can do about it. Like you said though, very DICKISH!

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don’t you just love when you get downvoted because you give Stern credit for making a GREAT game? Oh well, it’s the Pinside way I guess, not much you can do about it. Like you said though, very DICKISH!

cause how can you know its great when the public hasnt played it yet!

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

cause how can you know its great when the public hasnt played it yet!

What we’ve seen so far is pure awesomeness and people have good reason to be excited so far. Why isn’t it ok for him to give Stern props about a game that looks fantastic? I guess it could be a complete dud possibly but I wouldn’t count on it if I were you. This game will be just fine I am sure. So much damn negativity around this place that it’s pathetic man I swear.

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What we’ve seen so far is pure awesomeness and people have good reason to be excited so far. Why isn’t it ok for him to give Stern props about a game that looks fantastic? I guess it could be a complete dud possibly but I wouldn’t count on it if I were you. This game will be just fine I am sure. So much damn negativity around this place that it’s pathetic man I swear.

Why isn't OK to give constructive criticism? "Bashing" implies criticism with no basis. Armour looks crap. Lack of songs is a glaring omission. Sure, rest of the game looks great, but for those 2 reasons Im not buying. They address those issues, I probably would.

Stern has sort of responded, we think, but no way they would have done so without the criticism.

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why isn't OK to give constructive criticism? "Bashing" implies criticism with no basis. Armour looks crap. Lack of songs is a glaring omission. Sure, rest of the game looks great, but for those 2 reasons Im not buying. They address those issues, I probably would.
Stern has sort of responded, we think, but no way they would have done so without the criticism.

It is ok, but why downvote him for liking the game and being positive?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,495 (Firm)
$ 25.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/31?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.