50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 86.
#1451 6 years ago

GOTG is shipping late Nov or First week Dec. This is Sterns Holiday Pin. JJPOTC will be shipping late Jan. if not early Feb.

FYI

#1452 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Make sure you go with the composite boards, they will hold up better in your harsh winters.

hoping for a 9-ply

#1453 6 years ago

This is the new high tech Clear coat for your pinball deck.

clear-thompson-s-waterseal-waterproofing-sealers-th-041805-20-64_1000 (resized).jpgclear-thompson-s-waterseal-waterproofing-sealers-th-041805-20-64_1000 (resized).jpg

#1454 6 years ago

Looks like another rehash from Stern. Reminds me of the old Gottlieb days were they simply changed up the playfield with slight variations. I love Metallica so I will probably like GOTG. I can taste the rainbow with this one, my only problem is should I pull the trigger on a pro now or wait a year and buy an LE for $5000.

#1455 6 years ago

SDTM First Impressions

Come and get your love...

#1456 6 years ago

So,.... when will we see actual footage of the full game/ Dead Flip stream?

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I would be happy with a sneek peek at the lcd animations

#1458 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Come on ...u know stern wont show much until its shipping. They want as many orders as they can get just from theme alone.

#1459 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Come on ...u know stern wont show much until its shipping. They want as many orders as they can get just from theme alone.

Sounds cynical, but it’s the truth!

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sounds cynical, but it’s the truth!

Sure is... this is how they have went about it the last few years it seems.

#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe I should buy Iron Man back. 3 spinners!

Great idea! But I'm not selling

#1462 6 years ago

Well I've decided that if me getting gotg falls through I'll probably get an iron man instead and you know what happens when I get a game...so keep your eyes peeled.

#1463 6 years ago

Sadly I do not have funds for another pinball machine at the moment after the recent sw premium purchase. Having said that, if I were to pick up GOTG (which one day I may) I would likely go for the Pro. I do not like the groot hands over the playfield and the gold trim (imho) looks absolutely abhorrent. I think the art on the pro looks the nicest and I doubt the code would vary enough to justify the others. Oh, and no metal rails on premium or le? boo! At least the LE guys get the shaker motor but not worth the extra fee for that just for the signed invoice from Gary.

#1464 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'd take a Hobbit over TWD all day long....

hobbit blows serious ass. You and maybe 1 other person would agree. But hey, there are 2 people out there that like Street fighter 2 pinball, so even shitty games have to have a little love I guess.

#1465 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hobbit blows serious ass. You and maybe 1 other person would agree. But hey, there are 2 people out there that like Street fighter 2 pinball, so even shitty games have to have a little love I guess.

Make it three SF2 fans...
Tiger uppercut!

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LOL, I guess if you believe it it’s true.

TH is the most loved game in my house by just about everyone that plays it. It’s not MY personal favorite, but in no way does it “blow serious ass”. Mine is set up to be pretty mean though, unlike most I’ve seen elsewhere. It’s a fantastic game with an unfair stigma that it’s easy and boring. It does need a final wiz mode to tie everything together, but it’s cool as is. People rarely sniff Battle of Five Armies on my game (including myself), so having a wiz mode that will rarely, if ever, get reached won’t add a ton to it.
You don’t like it, that’s cool. LOTS of people do like it and some even LOVE it. It’s all good. I mean, it is number 27 on the top 100...only 7 spots below TWD (which is an amazing game and on my short list to acquire).

PS SF2 does blow serious ass!

#1467 6 years ago

Are the multipliers going work like star wars? or are they just set similar to ST?

#1468 6 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Are the multipliers going work like star wars? or are they just set similar to ST?

Not like SW (thank god)...I think the rule card said when you complete the inlane lamps it lights the multipliers and the next shot you make puts the shot at 2x for the rest of the ball.

#1469 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM First Impressions
Come and get your love...
» YouTube video

Great video guys! Love the exclusive looks at some of the easter eggs in the artwork.

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL, I guess if you believe it it’s true.
TH is the most loved game in my house by just about everyone that plays it. It’s not MY personal favorite, but in no way does it “blow serious ass”. Mine is set up to be pretty mean though, unlike most I’ve seen elsewhere. It’s a fantastic game with an unfair stigma that it’s easy and boring. It does need a final wiz mode to tie everything together, but it’s cool as is. People rarely sniff Battle of Five Armies on my game (including myself), so having a wiz mode that will rarely, if ever, get reached won’t add a ton to it.
You don’t like it, that’s cool. LOTS of people do like it and some even LOVE it. It’s all good. I mean, it is number 27 on the top 100...only 7 spots below TWD (which is an amazing game and on my short list to acquire).
PS SF2 does blow serious ass!

I just think the design and layout is absolutely horrible. I wanted to like it so badly, because I wanted to put it next to LOTR. But I didn't care for it the first time I played it when it was in it's very early stages, and hated it more and more, through the years. Software is fairly good. But even the best software can't save a shitty layout.

#1471 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just think the design and layout is absolutely horrible. I wanted to like it so badly, because I wanted to put it next to LOTR. But I didn't care for it the first time I played it when it was in it's very early stages, and hated it more and more, through the years. Software is fairly good. But even the best software can't save a shitty layout.

TH was so bad, I even sold my LOTR because of it.

#1472 6 years ago

I am not itching to purchase this game but I am excited to play it at a friends house... I expect it to be really fun.

#1473 6 years ago

You heard it here from SDTM, Guardians of the Galaxy will feature two classic songs from the film!!!!!! See what happens when the pinball community gives constructive feedback? Manufacturers listen! Nice job guys!!!!

#1474 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You heard it here from SDTM, Guardians of the Galaxy will feature two classic songs from the film!!!!!! See what happens when the pinball community gives constructive feedback? Manufacturers listen! Nice job guys!!!!

Awesome news. One had better be Cherry Bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yes, I'm sure whiners on pinside is why this happened. It wasn't planned from the start or anything like that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You heard it here from SDTM, Guardians of the Galaxy will feature two classic songs from the film!!!!!!

Will one of them be the Hasselhoff song from the GOTG2 end credits? Should be a cheap license! Maybe that plus the Pina Colada song?

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes, I'm sure whiners on pinside is why this happened. It wasn't planned from the start or anything like that.

If it was planned stern would have listed that songs from the movie was included. So I really doubt it was planned.

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

meme (resized).jpgmeme (resized).jpg

#1479 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If it was planned stern would have listed that songs from the movie was included. So I really doubt it was planned.

Either way, it was made right. That’s all we can ask. Bravo.

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not if they were still working out the licensing deals.

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Either way, it was made right. That’s all we can ask. Bravo.

Two songs is 'made right' for a license property that so heavily leverages music? Sure.

#1482 6 years ago

Some (most) of the songs dont lend well to pinball, I cant imagine playing pinball to escape or the Jackson Five..but cherry bomb is a must...

#1483 6 years ago

Only two songs?!? This is bullshit. I’m so furious right now. Stern is terrible and has no idea what they are doing. This is the worst day of my life, and it’s Stern’s fault.

#1484 6 years ago

hope it's, hooked on a feeling and come and get your love.

also escape (the pina colada song) and cherry bomb wouldn't be bad.

#1485 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It is probably indicative of the fact that initial pre-orders are way down historically.

See what happens when everybody doesn't jump on board right away?

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Make it three SF2 fans...
Tiger uppercut!

Another SF2 Pinball fan here. Bullseye!!

#1487 6 years ago

Keep it up Stern!! This game just keeps getting better.

#1488 6 years ago

Who is going to guess the 2 songs?

I could see Spirit in the Sky as it wouldn't be expensive and quite decent for playing pinball.

No chance David Bowie.

Cherry Bomb must be high odds.

Fox on the Run would provide link to second movie and would be great to play to.

#1489 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No offense, but These ‘whiners’ are justifiably trying to save this game and sterns cheap ass methods of business in giving consumers what they deserve with an $8k+ Pin.

Game should have more than just 2 tracks at these prices with cookie cutter templates/software.

#1490 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

See what happens when everybody doesn't jump on board right away?

Probably because Stern used the WWELE gold armour. Because they just had like 500 sets of it just lying around the factory ...

Lol!

“Why did we have to move to the bigger factory Gary?”

“Well, I had ordered 500 sets of WWE Gold trim. I usually only order like the exact number we need for the machines we have orders for, like we always do. Because, you know, we run a “just in time” system here like most factories do. But for some reason, I felt strangely compelled to buy a whole run of armour! Yep, 500 lock bars, 1000 headbox hinges, 1000 side rails, and 4000 legs. All in gold. All over there in the corner, just sitting there. So that’s why we needed this bigger factory, until we could devise some devious scheme to unload it all....”

More lols!

rd

#1491 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Probably because Stern used the WWELE gold armour. Because they just had like 500 sets of it just lying around the factory ...
Lol!
“Why did we have to move to the bigger factory Gary?”
“Well, I had ordered 500 sets of WWE Gold trim. I usually only order like the exact number we need for the machines we have orders for, like we always do. Because, you know, we run a “just in time” system here like most factories do. But for some reason, I felt strangely compelled to buy a whole run of armour! Yep, 500 lock bars, 1000 headbox hinged, 1000 side rails, and 4000 legs. All in gold. All over there in the corner, just sitting there. So that’s why we needed this bigger factory, until we could devise some devious scheme to unload it all....”
More lols!
rd

Come on rotordave you know they only had 398 sets left lying around because I personally bought and sold two WWELE.....

#1492 6 years ago

Stern if you watching the forums, I'd like the music to follow the movie to a degree please! I am in my mid 30's I used to listen to now oldies helping my dad in the garage as a kid, this would hit close to home

Game Start (Star Load opening scene song) = Come and Get your love | Redbone

Multi Ball (BPM this would add a nice touch to multi-ball) - Cherry Bomb | The Runaways

Various game play throughout gameplay (mission select / background / slower modes) = Hooked on a feeling | Blue Swede

Game End (Baby Groot Dancing) = I Want you Back | Jackson 5

^ I'd be very happy with something like that.

Mission/Rules for reference maybe some good ideas pop up.
GOTG Rules (resized).pngGOTG Rules (resized).png

#1493 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Two songs is 'made right' for a license property that so heavily leverages music? Sure.

Two scoops of ice cream are better than no scoops of ice cream, unless your stomach can’t take dairy.

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Come on rotordave you know they only had 398 sets left lying around because I personally bought and sold two WWELE.....

did your games have 50 legs on them?

#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

No, 51

#1496 6 years ago

Moonage daydream would really compliment pinball gameplay. Depending on how open the bowie estate people are, it might be achievable. The song didn't get that much attention until it was used for GOTG. Mr.blue sky should be used as well.

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sweet! 2 is better than none.

Now, about those missing spinners on the Pro...

#1498 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Who is going to guess the 2 songs?
Cherry Bomb must be high odds.
Fox on the Run would provide link to second movie and would be great to play to.
» YouTube video

Yes - Need Fox on the Run !

#1499 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I believe they only announced 400 WWELE, but it was awhile ago so who knows.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Now, about those missing spinners on the Pro...

one is better than none.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/30?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.