50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 86.
#1351 6 years ago

Sorry bud, he's entertaining to listen to... but hardly a source.

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not a fan of the gold trim on the LE but it does have a mirrored backglass and they do look 100x better than translites.

That’s true but once you see that God awful gold armor you are going to be so focused on how ugly it is that you will never notice the game has a real backglass in it lol. I’m sorry but that just looks horrible!

#1353 6 years ago

Not sure why everyone keeps insisting that Stern removed spinners for the Pro. This is a Borg game, and he has said on more than one occasion that he designs the Pro first, then adds for the Premium/LE. So the spinners are an "Add" for the Premium/LE.

Gary Stern didn't walk into Borg's office and demand the spinners be pulled off the Pro. Borg has a BOM to work with for each unit, and this is how he chose to spend it.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not sure why everyone keeps insisting that Stern removed spinners for the Pro. This is a Borg game, and he has said on more than one occasion that he designs the Pro first, then adds for the Premium/LE. So the spinners are an "Add" for the Premium/LE.
Gary Stern didn't walk into Borg's office and demand the spinners be pulled off the Pro. Borg has a BOM to work with for each unit, and this is how he chose to spend it.

Don't come in here with you logical thinking and common sense. You obviously have not been in an abusive relationship with stern like Fytr. He said NO, but stern just wouldn't stop.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

AND PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING THE HIGHER TRIM. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND HERE?!
Collectors will still buy whatever is perceived to be better. You don't have to gimp out your entry model. That. Is. The. Point.

What is so hard to understand here... your model isn't used by everyone. Ask yourself why...

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Generically sure, but in this case, enough people identified the removal of the spinners in MET as a major annoyance that if I was Stern's product manager I would take that feedback and keep the spinners in from them on, because it's a very inexpensive way for me to make the Pro buyers feel good about buying their games, and also a cheap way to show that I'm listening to feedback. I don't know anybody who was annoyed that their Met Pro didn't come with a rising cross mech, or a physical ball lock. People focus on the low cost of the spinners because they went ahead and bought them for $20 each at pinball life.
If you KNOW that an important customer segment is sensitive to the removal of a feature, and it costs peanuts to keep it in the game, then do so.
Spinners! Don't mess with our spinners, man!

You're pretty much relying on ancedotal evidence and claiming it's the norm. My experiences have been different than yours. Like I pointed to in an earlier post... picking these differentiations is not just black&white.. it's a balancing act. Is the spinner the 'deal breaker' for someone? Not IMO. I find things like the playfield supports a much bigger problem with them going cheap... and then not even staging the playfield for them to be added as a upgrade/add-on.

The point of the tangent is the $5 really isn't the piece that matters...

#1357 6 years ago

The bigger selling feature for me is the two additional magnets on the premium/LE. You won't be able to see the spinners because of Groot's arms anyway!

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

The bigger selling feature for me is the two additional magnets on the premium/LE. You won't be able to see the spinners because of Groot's arms anyway!

you grabbing a Prem/LE?

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Don't come in here with you logical thinking and common sense. You obviously have not been in an abusive relationship with stern like Fytr. He said NO, but stern just wouldn't stop.

Lol. Basically. Spinners are an emotional issue, leave logic out of it.

#1360 6 years ago

Little bit of rocket and groot history popped up on imgur today:

https://imgur.com/gallery/eYK17

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not a fan of the gold trim on the LE but it does have a mirrored backglass and they do look 100x better than translites.

That's the main reason why I ordered the LE, I will probably be replacing the ugly gold with a different color. I will wait until I get it in hand to see what it looks like in person.

I was told you cannot purchase that mirrored trans either. If you need to replace it at some point you have to prove you own an LE and send in your old LE backglass and if it's broken you have to send in the pieces....

Hopefully I will get mine soon as I ordered really early and requested a low number as well...

#1362 6 years ago

Don’t even get me started on stern spinner build quality...

#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll get you started.....

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

That's the main reason why I ordered the LE, I will probably be replacing the ugly gold with a different color.

I can't imagine paying the insane LE price and then paying extra for NEW trim...just on principal.

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...well, they suuuuure don't spin like they used to, for one thing.

daf0f6378b3a601b70065f915c9ccb6e94017c77 (resized).jpgdaf0f6378b3a601b70065f915c9ccb6e94017c77 (resized).jpg

#1366 6 years ago

I am liking the look of this - hopefully it will have good gameplay and also some of the music from the soundtrack...

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't imagine paying the insane LE price and then paying extra for NEW trim...just on principal.

I guess it will depend on how much the gold bugs me... lol

#1368 6 years ago

Id love to do the trim in the color changing purple blue powdercoat i do.

20170929_101046 (resized).jpg20170929_101046 (resized).jpg

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That’s true but once you see that God awful gold armor you are going to be so focused on how ugly it is that you will never notice the game has a real backglass in it lol. I’m sorry but that just looks horrible!

The thing is gold could have looked great, if the legs were done really nicely.

Think BM66 and maybe something like this.

21040890_114417419260229_5840264673328365568_n (resized).jpg21040890_114417419260229_5840264673328365568_n (resized).jpg

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Is it possible to do orange/blue color changing?

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is it possible to do orange/blue color changing?

Yes you could change the color yourself but Stern wouldn’t for you of course.

#1372 6 years ago

If the gameplay comes together than I'll be looking at a premium and this is the exact powder coating I wanted to add to it. I used it on a STTNG and regret getting rid of it, one of these days I'll fix up another and put the purple trim back on.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes you could change the color yourself but Stern wouldn’t for you of course.

I'm asking him if he can do the special color changing powdercoat with orange/blue instead of purple/blue as shown in his pic.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm asking him if he can do the special color changing powdercoat with orange/blue instead of purple/blue as shown in his pic.

Oh ok my bad. This game will look good when people start powder coating the armor for sure.

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Im really looking at a guardians and its how i wanted it done, looks like a nebula star theme but perfect 80s blend too. If you guys want feel free to check out my powdercoat thread. Orange and blue can't really be done cause the mesh will be a shade of green. If you have a set of stern lollipops legs etc i can do it now. Best prices. Here's my thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/6#post-4034031

20170929_101051 (resized).jpg20170929_101051 (resized).jpg

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok my bad. This game will look good when people start powder coating the armor for sure.

I could have worded my question better.

Looks like it isn't possible anyway.

Orange and blue can't really be done cause the mesh will be a shade of green.

Makes sense. The nebula look is still very cool.

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And just what about the stern spinner build quality?

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I could have worded my question better.
Looks like it isn't possible anyway.

Makes sense. The nebula look is still very cool.

Ill can do a blue to orange fade with metal flake. Itd be hard to match the game art though

#1379 6 years ago

Lets be honest. If Stern had any competition at pro level, there'd be spinners on a pro. They take them out because they know they can get away with it - not because they must remove them to keep the pro pricepoint.

#1380 6 years ago

I wish I had something needing powder coating. Your stuff looks amazing!

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I wish I had something needing powder coating. Your stuff looks amazing!

Thank you i really want to do a guardians and make it look how i think it should be lol

#1382 6 years ago

Not looking forward to all the Groot head mods.

#1383 6 years ago

Why can't Stern reveal machines like JJP, day one you can watch hours of ball play. Seriously, who knows what the machine plays like, call out music etc. It's like buying a car and not knowing if theres a 4cyl or v8 engine in it. interested but not putting money down until I know 100% what is in the game... Seriously stern! No one knows anything about the game except groot spits out balls.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

Why can't Stern reveal machines like JJP, day one you can watch hours of ball play. Seriously, who knows what the machine plays like, call out music etc. It's like buying a car and not knowing if theres a 4cyl or v8 engine in it. interested but not putting money down until I know 100% what is in the game... Seriously stern! No one knows anything about the game except groot spits out balls.

Yes, but in a few weeks GotG will be in buyer's homes... how long do you have to wait to actually receive your JJP game?

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

Please order your Limited Edition now!

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes, but in a few weeks GotG will be in buyer's homes... how long do you have to wait to actually receive your JJP game?

I thought they were not shipping until January for GOTG.

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I thought they were not shipping until January for GOTG.

Nope, next few weeks for pros, then the rest.
A Christmas sneak attack on the competition by Stern.
If you like the photos, buyers today will pray it's not box of coal.

#1388 6 years ago

Release parties are in Jan, So I thought that is when they would ship.

#1389 6 years ago

They said they are on the line now. The question is always code. I guarantee it shoots awesome. I cannot even begin to guess on if the code is good or near complete or whats in the game.

#1390 6 years ago

Holy sh#t finally caught up with this thread, only took me 2 days

That will look great on this game, love the 80s vibe that colour has, fits perfectly.

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

Because the game code isn't operational...I am sure Stern will release with some Alpha code, and then finish it up in 2020....

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Because the game code isn't operational...I am sure Stern will release with some Alpha code, and then finish it up in 2020....

SW code was in good shape when it shipped. I wouldn't assume GOTG will be non-operational.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

SW code was in good shape when it shipped. I wouldn't assume GOTG will be non-operational.

I'm not a fan of SW code as there are a ton of bugs. I have my SW next to Dialed In and it makes me sad comparing the two. I liked SW until I put it beside Dialed In and all I think about is the box of lights comment by Gary Stern.

#1394 6 years ago

Looks cool and all, but I'm totally disappointed they included nothing of Vol. 2 in this table. Why would they do that?

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from Kaibun:

Looks cool and all, but I'm totally disappointed they included nothing of Vol. 2 in this table. Why would they do that?

Why would you call it a table?

People do weird stuff sometimes!!!

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They said they are on the line now. The question is always code. I guarantee it shoots awesome. I cannot even begin to guess on if the code is good or near complete or whats in the game.

That is exactly why I haven't ordered.

Stern's incomplete release code reputation has saved me so much money.

They remove the "emotion" right out of the transaction & emotion is what sells toys since there's no logical reason to buy them.

What I mean is I see GOTG and want to buy it. Right now. Right F'n now. But I cant, I have to wait a year or three. By then GOTG is old news & I covet a new title they just announced... but I cant buy it for another 3 years. By then the emotion is gone yet again. Rinse. Repeat.

By the time they finished MET it was old news. By the time they finished TWD it was old news (it still has bugs). I only bought TWD because a used local one popped up.

I exited the NIB market on both of those titles because by the time they were done I was no longer excited about them.

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm not a fan of SW code as there are a ton of bugs. I have my SW next to Dialed In and it makes me sad comparing the two. I liked SW until I put it beside Dialed In and all I think about is the box of lights comment by Gary Stern.

What bugs in current code? I’ve been playing the hell out of mine but maybe I’m less discerning.

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

You can wait until POTC is released and it'll be here before GOTG is even 25% complete. Don't get me wrong I'd like it, but not going in yet. Waiting for the SLE lol

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would you call it a table?
People do weird stuff sometimes!!!

Because it's a pinball table? It's not all that weird, honestly.
I'd rather call it 'table' than 'machine'.

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Baloney. My Aerosmith Pro has a spinner AND metal ramps. How do you explain that?

Gotta love all the Pinsiders with no direct knowledge explaining why the designer did this or that, BOM blah blah.

Maybe I should buy Iron Man back. 3 spinners!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/28?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.