50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 86.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cant tell if this is a joke? That's one photo of the Premium/LE with hands and one photo of the Pro without hands.

Keep it up Koz, you are driving RH crazy! Somebody will come with a mod to make the hands move. Meanwhile, you have to listen to RH, "he knows because he knows".

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Humor. This game needs quirky humor like the movie. Hope the guys at Stern got that element right.

I hope so do. However, that will depend on if Stern has the rights to use original actor audio. Without it pulling off humor will be difficult. I think JJP will encounter the same issue with not being able to use actor voice lines from the Pirate films.

Both Guardians of the Galaxy and Pirates of the Caribbean are Disney owned themes so it will be interesting to see if both pins lack character audio for if one has it while the other doesn't.

#1203 6 years ago

I think if you preorder the LE, the hands definitely move. I'm almost 100% positive, that they curl up and make a fist, and punch you in the crotch for being an idiot.

#1204 6 years ago

Do the arms move?

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think if you preorder the LE, the hands definitely move. I'm almost 100% positive, that they curl up and make a fist, and punch you in the crotch for being an idiot.

Is that before or after they give you a hand job?

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Both Guardians of the Galaxy and Pirates of the Caribbean are Disney owned themes so it will be interesting to see if both pins lack character audio for if one has it while the other doesn't.

Star Wars is also a Disney owned property, and it’s packed with original character audio. It’s all just a question of how much the licensee is willing to pay and what agreements they have with the actors. In the case of GOTG, most of the actors weren’t big names when the first movie was released (unlike Johnny Depp), so I can’t imagine they retained much in the way of rights.

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Do the arms move?

Sure they do, don't you see the double piece plastic? Has to move right?

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mind the splinters.

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the punch in the crotch is the hand job. Everyone who preorders something they havn't played, should be used to this kind of foreplay.

#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Disney actually owns marvel

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sure they do, don't you see the double piece plastic? Has to move right?

I see it now. Right next to the 3rd ramp & 3rd flipper

Someone said Dan Akroyd was doing the call outs.

10x’s the innovation too

#1213 6 years ago

Does that big Guardians of the Galaxy target slap the ball like in Stargate?

#1214 6 years ago

We are Groot.

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This!
It might look slightly gold in that pic I posted but it's orange. Blue/Orange would have been a great color scheme I think for the Armor. Maybe something for me to do if I actually pick up this game.

I'm getting a Pro, and I was thinking the exact same thing.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

I was wondering if anyone would actually correct me. Found an actual Guardians fan.

No worries. I have studied the Milano a lot in the past couple years. IMHO, it is one of the best, most unique starship designs to come out in the past decade or so. Its silhouette is instantly recognizable, and absolutely beautiful. I have all 3 of the Lego versions....

Later,
EV

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I look forward to hearing the Groot call out for multiball.

Spoiler alert..
The call out for mutiball will go like this..
“I am Groot”

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Spoiler alert..
The call out for mutiball will go like this..
“I am Groot”

NO "WE ARE GROOT"

#1218 6 years ago

Jack-fuckin-groot!

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I'm getting a Pro, and I was thinking the exact same thing.

No worries. I have studied the Milano a lot in the past couple years. IMHO, it is one of the best, most unique starship designs to come out in the past decade or so. Its silhouette is instantly recognizable, and absolutely beautiful. I have all 3 of the Lego versions....
Later,
EV

76081, 30449, 76021 all sitting on my display shelf

Here's hoping for a Howard the Duck mod

#1220 6 years ago

cool looking game, interested but waiting on the video..

#1221 6 years ago

25k for Xmas!!

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Man, Taser-face really got screwed, I don't see him on there at all!

I want the outlane drain sound to just be 'TAYYYYYY-ZEEEEEEER-FACEEEEE!'

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

76081, 30449, 76021 all sitting on my display shelf
Here's hoping for a Howard the Duck mod

"Eww, gross. Why'd you let it lick you like that?"

Later,
EV

#1225 6 years ago

I really like the premium edition features except for the hands.

This is one of those things that Stern does because they feel like need to add extra stuff to the premium, sometimes it’s not great. Like moving ramp on XMLE or bicycle girl ramp on TWD or hammer on MET.

Some people prefer the pro version because it has less clutter, if only Stern didn’t gimp the pro by removing spinners on Met and TWD and now GOTG.

This pin looks great and sure it’ll be fun.

I’d hope it’ll have movie clips and direct quotes from the movie like ST and Tron and IM and SM all had.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Okay, that is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1227 6 years ago

Playfield looks glossy like a JJP pin, but wonder if its going to dimple like my GB.

Wonder how they are going to code the PRO without the spinners

#1228 6 years ago

Sad it’s only from the first movie. Was really hoping for “Mantis, look out!”two seconds after you drain.

#1229 6 years ago

If you get the LE the right hand moves and facepalms the groot head

#1230 6 years ago

Love the game so far but not sure how long I can deal with all these "I am Groot" / "We are Groot" posts. That's getting old pretty quick.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Love the game so far but not sure how long I can deal with all these "I am Groot" / "We are Groot" posts. That's getting old pretty quick.

Imagine that is the only call-out that Groot makes

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I can see myself lighting that Groot head on fire at some point for sure.

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I can see myself lighting that Groot head on fire at some point for sure.

Better burn the speakers LOL

#1234 6 years ago

I hope Rocket soundalike interprets the I am Groot inflections like in the movie. THat would be cool.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I hope Rocket soundalike interprets the I am Groot inflections like in the movie. THat would be cool.

"I am Groot" "Yeah buddy, I'm pretty sure they know they should shoot the left ramp right now"
"I am Groot" "Shoot the scoop? Are you serious?"

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

We are Groot. Except for pipes. pipes must be Kree. j/k

#1237 6 years ago

How in God's name does Stern think it's okay to remove spinners??? That's a basic - relatively inexpensive - game feature that people love. BASIC!!!!

You've gotta be kidding me.

That company is pitifully shameless. I'd love to hear their rationale publicly spilled. It's obvious its their way of forcing folks to buy the more expensive model... but, geesh, it's almost childish.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

We are Groot. Except for pipes. pipes must be Kree. j/k

lol, I'm good with that

#1239 6 years ago

I bought TWD PRO without the spinners. Would I have loved to have the spinners? Sure, but it wasn't worth the extra cost to me.
I'm never thinking about resale when I buy a game. I couldn't care less.

Quoted from 27dnast:

How in God's name does Stern think it's okay to remove spinners??? That's a basic - relatively inexpensive - game feature that people love. BASIC!!!!
That company is pitifully shameless. I'd love to hear their rationale publicly spilled. It's obvious its their way of forcing folks to buy the more expensive model... but, geesh, it's almost childish.

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s just a ploy to persuade people on the fence to choose the upper trim level.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Would I have loved to have the spinners?

This is my point. Spinners aren't a premium feature. They're a basic game feature that have been on games for decades. What's next, the spring on the plunger? It's utterly ridiculous that they strip very basic features from a game... especially when they integrate with scoring. TWD is a great example.

#1242 6 years ago

They not removed the spinners from the pro, they add them to the le hahaha.

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This is my point. Spinners aren't a premium feature. They're a basic game feature that have been on games for decades. What's next, the spring on the plunger? It's utterly ridiculous that they strip very basic features from a game... especially when they integrate with scoring. TWD is a great example.

I only want a spinner if it actually is used in the gameplay. TWD’s are meaningless outside of a couple switch modes. METs same thing. They are cool to hit, but unless they are actually a feature in the rules, there’s plenty of other stuff to do.

Take the spinners out of big game or Grand Prix or blackout firepower or any of those other games where spinners are the main focus, yeah I’m gonna be pissed.

But unless the spinners are used a lot and make me want to shoot them outside of it’s just cool to watch them spin, I don’t care if they are in the game.

#1244 6 years ago

I never understood the fascination with spinners. The paddle spins, big deal. I'm more interested in making the shot than how many spinner hits I'm up to. Clearly, I'm not the norm on this, but I really don't care if they're on the game or not.

Does seem cheap though that they'd be on the Prem/LE and not the Pro. Maybe if enough people complain (and don't buy the Pro) STERN will add them.

Side note, maybe they can be added after the fact like MET (assuming the switch logic and code info is there on the Pro...).

#1245 6 years ago

I like most spinner sound effects, specially when you rip a good one.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I like most spinner sound effects, specially when you rip a good one.

I love ripping a good one.

My wife, on the other hand, not a big fan.

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I never understood the fascination with spinners. The paddle spins, big deal. I'm more interested in making the shot than how many spinner hits I'm up to. Clearly, I'm not the norm on this, but I really don't care if they're on the game or not.
Does seem cheap though that they'd be on the Prem/LE and not the Pro. Maybe if enough people complain (and don't buy the Pro) STERN will add them.
Side note, maybe they can be added after the fact like MET (assuming the switch logic and code info is there on the Pro...).

I feel the same way. I don't particularly care for them but it bothers me that they remove them from the Pro.

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some people prefer the pro version because it has less clutter, if only Stern didn’t gimp the pro by removing spinners on Met and TWD and now GOTG.

Spinners should NEVER be removed from pro models. It creates more fractured rule sets for the programmers and they are less likely to program anything significant for the spinners then.

Rob

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s just a ploy to persuade people on the fence to choose the upper trim level.

My god. He’s right!

Stern have been engaging in a sick, nefarious plot to offer more features for MORE MONEY.

And all this time. Right under our noses!!!!

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Spinners should NEVER be removed from pro models. It creates more fractured rule sets for the programmers and they are less likely to program anything significant for the spinners then.
Rob

Is that what happened with other games where they were pulled out?; were they more or less neutered for the Premium/LE as a result?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.