50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 86.
#1101 6 years ago

Don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm quite relieved to NOT have the movable, super-multiplier math fest going on here with this one like other recent Sterns.

Looks like rollover lanes will light a 2x multiplier feature, then you have you to shoot the shot you want multiplied for the rest of the ball. That is a win, I love that mechanic in TF and Avatar. Very much dislike the movable crap multipliers they came up with in Star Wars, and the crazy high multipliers in other recent machines.

Not having a Metallica, the layout looks epic to me. Looking forward to playing it. I do have to say I usually find the "this has the exact layout of X" comments at every reveal ridiculous usually, but damn is this one close to MET... I think the differences that are there, along with the coding and magnets, will add up to a very different feeling game though, as others have said. Bring it on, looking good imo.

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm quite relieved to NOT have the movable, super-multiplier math fest going on here with this on like other recent Sterns.

It's part of what ruins Star Wars. I'm so glad it's not showing up here.

#1103 6 years ago

Stern is smart if they can get these shipping this month and making this a holiday gift idea for a lot of collectors, still would have been smart to show something at expo I think, but oh well see what happens.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I don’t think anyone has pointed out yet that the score for the pinball machine is by a different composer than the movie score. The movie score was by Tyler Bates, but the pinball machine was Ken Hale. Looks like Stern didn’t license the official score. I already decided that I’m going to pass on this one, but thought I’d point it out.

I'm under the impression that it's going to include the main movie theme music with ADDITIONAL original compositions by Ken Hale. Very similar to what David Thiel did with Iron Man. Iron Man uses some of the movie score by Ramin Djawadi, and Thiel did some original tunes for War Machine MB, Whiplash MB, and some other things. He also did this for Tron. Tron had the Daft Punk score for a lot of the game, but David did original score for Quora, Gem, and some other modes. Blended seamlessly.

Ken Hale did GOT....he incorporated the main theme song into the music (originally by Ramin Dawadi...but I think recomposed for the pin) & then did original music for the rest.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

The playfield is only 20.25" wide.

Would love to see some innovation and variation in playfield dimensions. Would really open things up design-wise.

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Was really looking forward to this title, but without the songs from the movie, I don't think I will pull the trigger.
Artwork is fantastic, and not being a fan of the band Metallica but love the flow of that game, the layout appeals to me.
The Walkman should have featured.

I'm glad there won't be any of the songs. While great for the movie, I don't want to hear those songs over and over again, especially for a home purchase. Maybe at a location.
As for a walkman, it may be incorporated into the topper.

If there had to be songs, I would want them in limited use and have a walkman topper that switched on and started turning when the music mode kicked in...

#1107 6 years ago

Great ideas T-800 !!!!

#1108 6 years ago

I'm really looking forward to playing this pin. Based on the rule sheet I think it's going to blend the best of many of Borg's recent games. Iron Man layout is fantastic (own it), fast and furious, but I wish the rules had more "mode" based structure (although maybe that's what makes Iron Man so good...) and wasn't so heavy on MB's all the time. Frankly, I can't stand Metallica rules and find the chopping wood as bad as on my TFLE, but I love the layout and the feel of that game. Aerosmith has great, simple mode based rules where each mode is unique to the others and each has their own level of challenge - being able to pick and choose how to progress through them makes it fun, I just don't want a pin at home with senior citizen rockers all over it. With the rule sheet indicating that the modes are selectable, it'll be nice to have that freedom to play the modes as I see fit. The wizard modes are already on the instruction card and on the playfield as well and have the same requirements to get to as the wizard modes on AS, so I'm guessing if you like the rules style on AS, GOTG will be right up your alley.

I also am glad to see that it looks like the action button on the lock down bar is going to be used frequently for mode advancement, etc. and can be earned through the stand up targets (which are always risk/reward, now there's a strong reason to go for those suckers more so than just the main shots) and not a random award from somewhere else in the game. The shot multipliers are a nice touch even if it's just a rehash of previous concepts - looking forward to figuring out which multipliers are the preferred ones to light. As for how long this game will take to complete the software, seeing how the base structure is a near clone of Aerosmith, I wouldn't be surprised if GOTG feels very complete sooner than later.

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm sorry, but the gold trim on the LE is FUGLY!!!

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Very strange design decision. There is a blue and a green main character, not anything gold. I believe they had those left from WWE, cannot figure out why else they would use that color.

Only tie-in I can think of is using the gold to reference the Sovereign from Vol. 2. However, given that the second movie seems very under-represented on this pin, I don't think that's what they were going for.

I second the notion that it's just "use up all the leftover WWE LE parts". Don't forget that TFLE Autobots and ST Prem use the same crimson armor.

Later,
EV

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

All those issues you listed are true to some extent or another...but look through this thread and you'll see there are plenty of people willing to buy at the current price. And pinside is only a sliver of the buying market. As long as people pay, they will continue to incrementally bump up the price.
Better quality definitely demands a better price. But a higher price in no way indicates (or guarantees) better quality.
Gary is taking no one for a ride. Anyone buying a $5K-$9K non-essential toy should be 100% aware of a manufacturer's history and quality practices. If not, that's their problem, not Stern's problem. Yet, somehow, folks kick and scream every single time a game has widespread issues (be it unsupported cod, poorly designed electronics, etc). You drop the cash, you're taking a risk. Read the warranty... educate yourself.
Don't like it? Don't buy it.
Feel like taking a risk? Go for it.

First of all, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said except the part about Gary taking advantage. He knows that he is not delivering the quality for the price but he knows people are will buy it anyway. To me, that is still taking advantage but it is what it is.

This is a very cool looking game. We will see how it plays and exactly what features it has soon. I look forward to playing it but it isn't the most original game to come down the pike and due to that and all those reasons I mentioned earlier I will not be a buyer NIB or in the future. I am putting my cash aside for JJP POTC as his games have more features, better quality and originality. Not trying to shit on anyone's excitement toward this game just replying to the part of the conversation directed at me. For those that do buy it I hope it is all you hope for and you enjoy the hell out of it.

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Score is the music made for the film
Soundtrack would be the music USED in the film... including existing songs that were used in the film (aka... all the 70s music the film was known for)

You are correct! I meant original Soundtrack!

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm really looking forward to playing this pin.

Frankly, I can't stand Metallica rules and find the chopping wood as bad as on my TFLE, but I love the layout and the feel of that game.

yeah I had MET for 3 years but finally had enough. It is similar to TF except faster with flow, so it feels better, but MET bash, bash, bash, bash rules wore me down.

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Only tie-in I can think of is using the gold to reference the Sovereign from Vol. 2.

How about all the gold people in the 2nd movie? Everything about them was gold. But, as you said that is the 2nd not the 1st.

#1114 6 years ago

I get a kick out of all the suggestions and ideas. Great minds here.
I cringe at some of the immediate negative bashing.
I suppose its because with every new game,
I'm grateful the previous wasn't the last.

So much better than when we were worried
we would never see a new pin......it could happen again.

Thank you Stern, keep them coming!

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

First of all, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said except the part about Gary taking advantage. He knows that he is not delivering the quality for the price but he knows people are will buy it anyway. To me, that is still taking advantage but it is what it is.
This is a very cool looking game. We will see how it plays and exactly what features it has soon. I look forward to playing it but it isn't the most original game to come down the pike and due to that and all those reasons I mentioned earlier I will not be a buyer NIB or in the future. I am putting my cash aside for JJP POTC as his games have more features, better quality and originality. Not trying to shit on anyone's excitement toward this game just replying to the part of the conversation directed at me. For those that do buy it I hope it is all you hope for and you enjoy the hell out of it.

I understand your sentiment... but no one is forced to buy Stern games. That whole "beg to buy at Batman 66" was ingenious. People were lining up with $15K in hand for a game they had never played. The buyer is 100% at fault for any unhappiness.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I understand your sentiment... but no one is forced to buy Stern games. That whole "beg to buy at Batman 66" was ingenious. People were lining up with $15K in hand for a game they had never played. The buyer is 100% at fault for any unhappiness.</blockquote

I agree

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Very strange design decision. There is a blue and a green main character, not anything gold. I believe they had those left from WWE, cannot figure out why else they would use that color.

Not that I like it, but it does match the gold used for the title in the original movie posters

guardians_of_the_galaxy_ver2 (resized).jpgguardians_of_the_galaxy_ver2 (resized).jpg

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

yeah I had MET for 3 years but finally had enough. It is similar to TF except faster with flow, so it feels better, but MET bash, bash, bash, bash rules wore me down.

well, yes, you can play it as it, but there're much more to do of course
how far did you go and/or how much is your HS by playing like that ?

#1120 6 years ago

Pinkopt & T800 : yep, the Lonnie way of coding (if he's coding this, but quite sure he is) didnt mean it will be bad !

for sure, it will play different than MET (and i love MET & what Lyman did on it), but seems quite sure this GOTG will also be another good pinball

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Only tie-in I can think of is using the gold to reference the Sovereign from Vol. 2. However, given that the second movie seems very under-represented on this pin, I don't think that's what they were going for.
I second the notion that it's just "use up all the leftover WWE LE parts". Don't forget that TFLE Autobots and ST Prem use the same crimson armor.
Later,
EV

The color is from Star Lord's ship the Milano.

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'm grateful the previous wasn't the last.
So much better than when we were worried
we would never see a new pin......it could happen again.
Thank you Stern, keep them coming!

So far the bashing hasn't been as bad as I figured it would be truthfully. .I guess all the haters are so disappointed at how good this game looks so far that they are speechless. Give then time though and I am.sure we will all be hearing from them soon.

#1123 6 years ago

Pro looks promising; now its all about the code and use of movie video. I do with it covered both movies; more for purposes of LCD content than needing more playfield content.

GOTG-Pro-Playfield_smX_preview (resized).jpegGOTG-Pro-Playfield_smX_preview (resized).jpeg

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Pro looks promising; now its all about the code and use of movie video. I do with it covered both movies; more for purposes of LCD content than needing more playfield content.

Yeah, I'm feeling the Pro. If I put 50 games on it and love it, I might make it my first NIB. It's gotta really grab me though gameplay wise, there are a bunch of games less than $5k that I haven't owned.

#1125 6 years ago

anybody with infos about when we will see gameplay/video

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 6 years ago

I think Deadflip is planning on mid to late November...

#1127 6 years ago

Groot Multiball!

#1128 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess all the haters are so disappointed at how good this game looks so far that they are speechless. Give then time though and I am.sure we will all be hearing from them soon.

More like it's not bad. Not amazing great, but not bad. So the "haters" are mostly shrugging their shoulders. I guess we'll see when there's a gameplay video.

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

More like it's not bad. Not amazing great, but not bad. So the "haters" are mostly shrugging their shoulders. I guess we'll see when there's a gameplay video.

What even are "haters"? That term immediately discounts anyone who isn't a sycophant and wants to have a critical discussion about a potential multi-thousand dollar purchase.

Game looks good so far, so why would anyone hate it yet? No one has played it.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Stern is smart if they can get these shipping this month and making this a holiday gift idea for a lot of collectors, still would have been smart to show something at expo I think, but oh well see what happens.

I was told when I ordered my LE the Pro’s are currently on the production line and will be shipping as soon as 2 weeks. Premiums will be end of Nov or first week of Dec and LE’s end of Dec...

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I don't get this line of thinking.
Do MM and AfM play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.
Do Kiss and Aerosmith play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.
etc, etc, etc.

Pretty much.. yeah. They are more alike by rules than they are by shots.

Quoted from smokedog:

Do LotR and Sopranos play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.
Do Austin Powers and IM play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.

Those would be... incredible stretches to call the same layouts. Fans.. yes. Shots, no.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I was told when I ordered my LE the Pro’s are currently on the production line and will be shipping as soon as 2 weeks. Premiums will be end of Nov or first week of Dec and LE’s end of Dec...

Switch your Le and premium time frame.

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Switch your Le and premium time frame.

That would be nice to get it end of this month!!! Although not too crazy about the gold legs.

#1134 6 years ago

Man, Taser-face really got screwed, I don't see him on there at all!

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Inevitably that workaround would get back to the license holders. It would ruin their reputation and make it much more difficult in the future to secure licenses. Stern does not want to piss off Marvel or Disney.

i disagree. Didn't seem to bother anybody elses games. Like MET's loaded with Tom Jones. Or Ac/Dc changed to 80's jock rocks. Personally, they just make the code. What you do with your stuff after you get it, Stern can't be liable for.

#1136 6 years ago

I can understand to color saturation of the cabinet as well as the PF and back glass. That is what Marvel is doing as well. Check out the movie posters! Color explosion. Looks good back lit for sure.

How about the Thor movie this weekend? Looking promising!

THOR-r (resized).JPGTHOR-r (resized).JPG

GoTG-2 (resized).JPGGoTG-2 (resized).JPG

ThorR-GoTG-2 (resized).JPGThorR-GoTG-2 (resized).JPG

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i disagree. Didn't seem to bother anybody elses games. Like MET's loaded with Tom Jones. Or Ac/Dc changed to 80's jock rocks. Personally, they just make the code. What you do with your stuff after you get it, Stern can't be liable for.

False

IP owners expect licensees to protect the integrity of their content. There is limits of course... but they are expected to protect the assets and integrity of the product to ensure the product doesn't create representations the IP holder doesn't want.

They'd face problems and resistance to just making media interchangeable as a feature for instance... because the IP holder wants their say on the representation of their stuff.

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about all the gold people in the 2nd movie? Everything about them was gold. But, as you said that is the 2nd not the 1st.

That's who the Soverign are.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

The color is from Star Lord's ship the Milano.

The Milano is blue and orange in the movies. Star-Lord even says so during the Kyln escape. Only gold on its exterior was in the artist's rendering shown a page or two ago.

Later,
EV

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

False
IP owners expect licensees to protect the integrity of their content. There is limits of course... but they are expected to protect the assets and integrity of the product to ensure the product doesn't create representations the IP holder doesn't want.
They'd face problems and resistance to just making media interchangeable as a feature for instance... because the IP holder wants their say on the representation of their stuff.

in this tech age, it's impossible to make anything hack resistant. Even home system get hacked into universal game units.

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

The Milano is blue and orange in the movies. Star-Lord even says so during the Kyln escape. Only gold on its exterior was in the artist's rendering shown a page or two ago.

This!

It might look slightly gold in that pic I posted but it's orange. Blue/Orange would have been a great color scheme I think for the Armor. Maybe something for me to do if I actually pick up this game.

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah, I'm feeling the Pro. If I put 50 games on it and love it, I might make it my first NIB. It's gotta really grab me though gameplay wise, there are a bunch of games less than $5k that I haven't owned.

I'd bet a small fortune that it won't "really grab" you.

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in this tech age, it's impossible to make anything hack resistant. Even home system get hacked into universal game units.

yeah, but it was suggested that Stern create blank spots equal to the length of the movie soundtrack songs, so they could be added into it easily. That is what Stern would get in shit for.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

That's who the Soverign are.

Later,
EV

I was wondering if anyone would actually correct me. Found an actual Guardians fan.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What even are "haters"? That term immediately discounts anyone who isn't a sycophant and wants to have a critical discussion about a potential multi-thousand dollar purchase.
Game looks good so far, so why would anyone hate it yet? No one has played it.

Because there is a small group of people.on here who hate all things Stern and will find a reason to complain about it no matter how good it is. I think they hate pinball in general.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Because there is a small group of people.on here who hate all things Stern and will find a reason to complain about it no matter how good it is. I think they hate pinball in general.

It's a bit simplistic, though...you're discounting the REASONS for being negative toward Stern, NIB prices, or other legitimate gripes. I know you consider me a "hater"...but I own 7 Sterns. I have legit reasons for not owning any past Metallica at this point. I'm interested in seeing how GOTG turns out and it's positive so far...but ya never know! If I end up not digging it, that won't make me a "hater".

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'd bet a small fortune that it won't "really grab" you.

You might be right. They haven't gotten me to open my wallet yet.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a bit simplistic, though...you're discounting the REASONS for being negative toward Stern, NIB prices, or other legitimate gripes. I know you consider me a "hater"...but I own 7 Sterns. I have legit reasons for not owning any past Metallica at this point. I'm interested in seeing how GOTG turns out and it's positive so far...but ya never know! If I end up not digging it, that won't make me a "hater".

I actually don't consider you a stern hater. I don't understand your amount of hatred toward GB but that's cool, I don't have to understand it. I'm talking about the people who shit on everything Stern no matter what.

#1148 6 years ago

The "hater" comes into play when the same individuals post repeatedly in threads all over pinside their toxic opinions and preach it as gospel. Having an opinion and clearly stating it and why is one thing, ramming it down everyone's throat over and over transitions from critic to obsession.

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The "hater" comes into play when the same individuals post repeatedly in threads all over pinside their toxic opinions and preach it as gospel. Having an opinion and clearly stating it and why is one thing, ramming it down everyone's throat over and over transitions from critic to obsession.

similar to people that start hype threads for games before they are announced and then go in every new thread to say how much they love the game, it is incredible, and GOAT; yet they have not even seen it in person let alone played it

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

similar to people that start hype threads for games before they are announced and then go in every new thread to say how much they love the game, it is incredible, and GOAT; yet they have not even seen it in person let alone played it

Exactly. Repetition of any opinion is annoying. Some could argue the same about playfield layouts...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
$ 49.99
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/23?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.