50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 86.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TWD is one of my favorite decks to play.

Don't ever call it a deck again, for the love of god, please.

#952 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Deck

Lol

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Agreed 100% it sounds even worse then table. And I hate hearing table.
Someone's not playing with a full deck.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

actually, that is not the case at all. I like plenty of Stern games. heck, TWD is one of my favorite decks to play.
I just have a bit more reserve before declaring a game incredible or a big success.
I am looking forward to playing one when I get the chance. Looks a lot like Metallica and I like how that one shoots but not the theme or code, so hopefully this one will shoot similar but be more fun (theme is already better)

DECK??? Wow thats worse than TABLE, which is horrible in itself......It's a Pinball Machine. Tables are for food and drink. Decks are for tables and chairs.

#955 6 years ago

I guess Im getting old, some of these latest titles I just can get into.Big Lawbowski yes,Elvira yes, but pinball is growing and the choices of new games gets larger its great for pinball.

#956 6 years ago

"Table", at least, has a history:

-----
I thought I was
The Bally table king
But I just handed
My pinball crown to him

Even on my favorite table
He can beat my best
-----

#957 6 years ago

1ylbz8 (resized).jpg1ylbz8 (resized).jpg

#958 6 years ago

You guys are cracking me up!

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

DECK??? Wow thats worse than TABLE, which is horrible in itself......It's a Pinball Machine. Tables are for food and drink. Decks are for tables and chairs.

Unfortunately, I was only able to give but a single upvote.

#960 6 years ago

So far I think the game looks fun and cool and I cannot wait to play one on location. But, this was a game I was hoping to get because i like the theme but its too similar to Metallica which I own so I am going too pass on this one.

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

people talking about the groot hands and blocking... what about those flashers and plastics over the top of both outlanes...

Looks like its right there in the area above the outlanes.. :/

True they do block it.

This may work out, as I like the met layout but dont really care for the band, but like gotg..

#962 6 years ago

Is Lonnie on code ok? This is really MET + LCD + War Machine kickback. Lyman is the only thing missing.

#963 6 years ago

Met layout can only be a positive thing....it has great flow...

#964 6 years ago

I will give 75 magical made up pinside points to anyone who finds out who is doing the call outs

#965 6 years ago

I like how a mini-LCD was not used on the playfield and that bill of material was used elsewhere. I don't find a mini-LCD adds much. I never look at the one on Star Wars.

#966 6 years ago

you know they could purposely add sound segments into the code to allow pinbrowser users to edit and add the songs in. Kind of like...we can't do it, but you can kind of situation. It's a win win. and all could be done with a couple of key files placed in the code. They wouldn't even have to make a sound. Just a placeholder, so if you insert a song in that spot, it triggers when you start that mode or multiball.

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you know they could purposely add sound segments into the code to allow pinbrowser users to edit and add the songs in. Kind of like...we can't do it, but you can kind of situation. It's a win win. and all could be done with a couple of key files placed in the code. They wouldn't even have to make a sound. Just a placeholder, so if you insert a song in that spot, it triggers when you start that mode or multiball.

This!

#968 6 years ago

Shiiiit, can they do that?

#969 6 years ago

Really curious to see the differences in what the magnets do between Pro and Premium in the center of the playfield (1 vs 3 if I remember from the matrix).

I can live without the Groot hands, but the extra magnets, spinners, and opening orb (along with better lighting) might have me getting my first premium (still regret not going with TWD premium instead of Pro).

Hoping my boys get to play a Pro at the factory tomorrow.

#970 6 years ago

Anyone else think the pro has the best translite and cabinet art of all 3? The premium is a strong second and the LE a very distant third.

The more I look at it, the more it does not interest me. But, rules/sound can make or break a game too.

Rob

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Inevitably that workaround would get back to the license holders. It would ruin their reputation and make it much more difficult in the future to secure licenses. Stern does not want to piss off Marvel or Disney.

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Anyone else think the pro has the best translite and cabinet art of all 3? The premium is a strong second and the LE a very distant third.
The more I look at it, the more it does not interest me. But, rules/sound can make or break a game too.
Rob

I definitely like the Pro artwork the best. And the Groot hands make for a very cool overall package, but I worry about visibility. Time...and time playing both...will tell.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Inevitably that workaround would get back to the license holders. It would ruin their reputation and make it much more difficult in the future to secure licenses. Stern does not want to piss off Marvel or Disney.

I disagree,if a "hobbyist" gains, the license owner really isn't losing much.

Some people gotta lose the squeeze every penny out of everybody attitude.

#974 6 years ago

Did anyone notice on the feature matrix that the Groot head 'talks'? How many "I am Groot" lines can you take?

Rob

#975 6 years ago

"I am Groot?"

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#976 6 years ago

We are groot..... also

#977 6 years ago

I’m watching GOTG 2 right now and it’s awesome. Most people say the first movie was the best but I think I might like the 2nd one even better. Baby Groot is awesome! I don’t really care for superhero movies except Batman but these Guardians of the Galaxy movies are the sh*t.

#978 6 years ago

I think Stern killed it here. Groot sculpture looks awesome. I look forward to hearing the Groot call out for multiball.....plus the lcd integration.

I wont be taking the plunge just yet(final Kiss code being a deciding factor) but could see this easily being the next NIB for me.

#979 6 years ago

and why the machine is base only on the first movie? why not wait a few more months and do a trilogy?

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Have they done a ramp configuration before that goes in and out of the back wall like that?

That’s my favorite part I see so far, love ramps with great flow that Stern seems to do in games. It’s the only thing I can’t seem to find or feel in a JJP pin game the same. I may not be fan of movies but game looks fun.

#981 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think Stern killed it here. Groot sculpture looks awesome. I look forward to hearing the Groot call out for multiball.....plus the lcd integration.
I wont be taking the plunge just yet(final Kiss code being a deciding factor) but could see this easily being the next NIB for me.

Same here. This is a killer theme but obviously the code has to be fun. I hope the code starts off as solid as Aerosmith’s code, that would be nice.

#982 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

and why the machine is base only on the first movie? why not wait a few more months and do a trilogy?

pmxp2 (resized).jpgpmxp2 (resized).jpg

#983 6 years ago

The best thing Stern could do is add a new feature that allows you to add your own mix tape.

#984 6 years ago

To me the L.E. should have some variation of purple trim...

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's another cookie cutter pinball game from Borg. Not much you can do with a pinball machine layout, though. They are all going to look the same, I suppose.

Would love to see sterns attempt at a widebody but know it will never happen.

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here. This is a killer theme but obviously the code has to be fun. I hope the code starts off as solid as Aerosmith’s code, that would be nice.

What are the chances that GoTG is a child of AS code like AS was a child of KISS code?

Rob

#987 6 years ago

So for those in the anti-Groot camp - what do you think a better toy or interactive feature would been? I think it makes sense that they took the two fantasy/non-human characters and made them playfield toys.

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What are the chances that GoTG is a child of AS code like AS was a child of KISS code?
Rob

If I had to guess I would say it’s going to be about identical to Kiss and AS. It seems like all the coders have their own style and pretty much stick to it.

#989 6 years ago

I like the look, except for the LE. It's a little too much for me.

The only thing I wish they had incorporated was a ship from the movie.

I hope I get to play this one.

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I like the look, except for the LE. It's a little too much for me.
The only thing I wish they had incorporated was a ship from the movie.
I hope I get to play this one.

Maybe a ship on a spring bash toy like the tie fighter on Star Wars?

#991 6 years ago

Rarehero I’m not anti groot but maybe Rocket would have been a better choice as the main toy since he’s such a smart ass with so much character. Then you’d have to replace his current toy with something else I suppose. Have him open his mouth and dish out some of that wit he has before he spits out multi balls. Would have been cool I think.

#992 6 years ago

also, any ship form the movie would have been nice.

#993 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So for those in the anti-Groot camp - what do you think a better toy or interactive feature would been? I think it makes sense that they took the two fantasy/non-human characters and made them playfield toys.

I think villains would have been better as the toys. Let’s smash Ronan or Thanos in the face instead of Groot. Why is Rocket shooting at me? Am I the bad guy?

#994 6 years ago

Stern and JJP are in sync on trim color with their latest high end models.
They match what typically comes out the back end of an infant.

#995 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit we're getting hyper picky now. 5 Years ago, if GOTG was released, everyone would have lost it. Le's sold out in 15 minutes. Best game ever, etc etc. Now its like, "too similar", "too colourful", "too busy", "the music is not perfect", "the toys are too big, too small, too many", "the armour is not the perfect shade of....".
Kind of a compliment to the industry though. We are fortunate we can afford to be this picky. Every game has to jump a pretty high bar to get a spot in my limited space. Especially as the ones already in that space are pretty f*n good.

Avengers was almost exactly five years ago.

#996 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is Lonnie on code ok? This is really MET + LCD + War Machine kickback. Lyman is the only thing missing.

No Lonnie is not ok on code !
For me it is even a deal breaker when he is the lead programmer on a game.
You know upfront that the code would suck.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Stern and JJP are in sync on trim color with their latest high end models.
They match what typically comes out the back end of an infant.

It's high end. Like all the luxury cars that are now kaka chocolate brown. #PinballFashion

#998 6 years ago

Really like the layout and art work on the Premium.
BUT from what $TERN has released thus far with their codes and lack of updated information, I just don't have that
feeling of rushing to order an LE.
Might just sit back and watch the show for a while and see what happens to this game.
Sorry $TERN

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I think villains would have been better as the toys. Let’s smash Ronan or Thanos in the face instead of Groot. Why is Rocket shooting at me? Am I the bad guy?

Thanos is in the movie for 2 seconds & a giant Ronan face would look stupid. Feeding Groot is fine. Rocket is a wild maniac - he's just shooting wildly. I can buy it.

#1000 6 years ago

Does anybody know who is doing the code for this machine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.