2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 86.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Damn....not even one song? Pinball browser is good for call outs, not sure how it would work with a song clip. I hope you can, cause the 80's vibe is a big factor in the theme.

Pinball browser works great for songs BUT the song or track needs to be already in the code to make it jive with Game

I turned AC/DC into a greatest hits after I got tired of the songs

Hopefully somebody will figure it out

This Pinside crew is pretty amazing

#902 2 years ago

It looks nice, but why wait until after the second movie is on DVD to release a pin that is based only on the first movie? I was hoping to see some dancing Groot, some EGO, and cool Sovereign stuff.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball browser works great for songs BUT the song or track needs to be already in the code to make it jive with Game

What songs did you change? I'd like to do that, but never had the time

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PSA: it’s “jibe” not “jive.” Nobody ever gets this right!

64DEF4F5-9868-4156-9147-56FA67230806 (resized).jpeg

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PSA: it’s “jibe” not “jive.” Nobody ever gets this right!

Cool. Learn something every day!

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Decks?
Table is lineball unacceptable, but deck...???

yeah, it is a deck

similar to a skateboard or snowboard. just a slang term. Sure as heck makes more sense than table as deck at least translates as something fun to play around on. Tables are for grandmas to eat lunch at and drink tea

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cool. Learn something every day!

I live to give!

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I kept Back in black and Hells Bells and switched out to some Boston, Stones, Journey etc

It’s awesome. Easy to swap around. Can always change it back or add different songs

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

When I used to have my AC/DC Prem I changed all the songs to classic Van Halen songs (and changed the Jukebox to reflect new song names)

And my Metallica Prem plays all Rush songs and my Kiss LE plays all Darkness songs.

Yep I love Pinball Browser!

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

actually, that is not the case at all. I like plenty of Stern games. heck, TWD is one of my favorite decks to play.
I just have a bit more reserve before declaring a game incredible or a big success.
I am looking forward to playing one when I get the chance. Looks a lot like Metallica and I like how that one shoots but not the theme or code, so hopefully this one will shoot similar but be more fun (theme is already better)

What is a deck? Is there a new shuffle alley being released.

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

If you watch the video they wobble quite a bit.. wonder how long u til stress cracks at the mounting posts... I don't imagine ster rigorously Test these things (like spooky) before release

I'm ok with plastic ramps, especially on a busy playfield like this - there's already enough obstruction. And they're fast and smooth.

But since GB, the plastic they're using on these has become so thin. Anyone worked on the GBLE subway ramp??? It's like 1mm thick. It's like the plastic they use for food packaging.

As a result, they've had to make these plastic ramps on GOTG in 2 pieces - there's an ugly metal join on both ramps. They'll seem less smooth and more "rattly". But with how thin the plastic is they've had no choice.

Remember how long, smooth and fast those TWD ramps are?? Iron Man?? Single piece ramps. Ah, the good old days.....remember Sam?

IMG_9431 (resized).JPG

#912 2 years ago

I should mention, I think Franchi crushed it, the artwork is phenomenal

Stern has some awesome talent in that dept for sure

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I kept Back in black and Hells Bells and switched out to some Boston, Stones, Journey etc
It’s awesome. Easy to swap around. Can always change it back or add different songs

Is it easy to do...I guess I should get off my lazy ass and figure it out

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm ok with plastic ramps, especially on a busy playfield like this - there's already enough obstruction. And they're fast and smooth.
But since GB, the plastic they're using on these has become so thin. Anyone worked on the GBLE subway ramp??? It's like 1mm thick. It's like the plastic they use for food packaging.
As a result, they've had to make these plastic ramps on GOTG in 2 pieces - there's an ugly metal join on both ramps. They'll seem less smooth and more "rattly". But with how thin the plastic is they've had no choice.
Remember how long, smooth and fast those TWD ramps are?? Iron Man?? Ah, the good old days.....remember Sam?

Ball does rattle on them in the teaser video.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I should mention, I think Franchi crushed it, the artwork is phenomenal
Stern has some awesome talent in that dept for sure

Agreed, I really like the art. Well done.

#916 2 years ago

Imagine a tape deck toy that you hit to change songs? Complete certain tasks and you add more songs to the playlist.

Hate to encourage Stern, but would have been great if they licensed a couple of songs for the pro/location, then the rest of soundtrack the owner could download for a fee.

The songs really are integral with this theme. They managed to do it on Mustang. But maybe the Mustang license cost them nothing.

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sucks that spinners are missing from the pro. That will be the only real noticeable thing missing, I feel. Yeah, the lighting is going to be way better on the premium, but that doesn't change gameplay the way spinners do.

I hope timebandit can get his awesome GI kits to work on Spike2, with one of his GI kits the Pro will end up being as good if not better than the Prem/LE.

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Remember how long, smooth and fast those TWD ramps are?? Iron Man?? Single piece ramps. Ah, the good old days.....remember Sam?

They likely joined two ramp pieces because they overlap and are fairly long. It is a little surprising they did not use habittrails for returns.
Is it even possible for the vacuum formed plastic ramps to be made as one piece in those overlapping shapes?

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm sure they are unnecessarily thin (compared to TWD for example) but I think they are two piece because there would be no way to snake a one piece ramp in those shapes through the backboard. TWD's ramps barely fit through as one piece... these wouldn't.

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I will certainly miss the 3 magnets in the middle of playfield that create chaos.
That is what I would miss most by going pro.

There are some insanely talented and skilled people in this hobby, some of the things that have been created from within this community have been mind blowing, it wouldn't surprise me if we see spinner kits and magnet kits for this game down the road.

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yup my POTC ramp is pretty darn thick, cost cutting... crazy can't wait until someone tries to flame polish one of these and ends up with a creme brûlée hahah

#922 2 years ago

Is pricing less? Haha

Same as SW or more?

Talking real price

#923 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, it is a deck
similar to a skateboard or snowboard. just a slang term. Sure as heck makes more sense than table as deck at least translates as something fun to play around on. Tables are for grandmas to eat lunch at and drink tea

You can't make up your own names for pinball like "deck" and try to pass it off as some common slang term. Nice try though.

#924 2 years ago

Iceman - Pricing is Same as Star Wars

edit - (the Pro version anyway - that is all I checked on)

#925 2 years ago

What will the take home price for an LE

#926 2 years ago

Thx. That’s means $8499 for LE

Not sure about premium

#927 2 years ago

people talking about the groot hands and blocking... what about those flashers and plastics over the top of both outlanes...

outlane (resized).jpg

Looks like its right there in the area above the outlanes.. :/

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

people talking about the groot hands and blocking... what about those flashers and plastics over the top of both outlanes...

Yeah, I don't understand that at all, especially on the left side. It reminds me of Avengers a little.

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Quoted from DCFAN:

Yeah, I don't understand that at all, especially on the left side. It reminds me of Avengers a little.

That left one is ridiculous. Cant imagine it will ship like that.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

My wife is a huge fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy films. So much so that she wanted to get the LE before the reveal and she is not one to get excited about pins. Not so much after the reveal:
1. Groot is a supporting character that dies at the end of the first movie - yet he is featured huge on the playfield, LE/Prem back glass/cabinet, giant arms even on the prem/LE playfield. It seems like making a SW game focused around Chewbacca. Groot gets more attention on this game than Gene Simmons got on Kiss.
2. My wife is a huge Chris Pratt fan, and he plays the main character (Star lord / Peter Quinn). His likeness doesn't appear at all on the LE backglass (he is small and behind his Starlord mask). I thought at first maybe the license didn't allow his likeness but he is small on the playfield and on the cabinet art. His face appears on the prem and he is much more prominently on the pro trans light and cabinet art which she actually likes the best.
My wife doesn't care much about game play so now she is wanting the pro for the art while I make the argument for prem with swapping out the trans light with the pro version.

Agreed it's almost as if Borg has never watched the films and just said there are 10 characters in the film let's pick one and make that the focus. I have not played the pin obviously, I'm just looking at it. It's like if they made a Star Wars pin and build it around the Ewok TV show (for example) yes Ewoks are a part of the SW universe but they're not the main focus.

I will say, the same thing with TWD, just like Borg said 'let's see there was a well walker and a bicycle girl in a few scenes so let us make that two main shots'. Was there an arena (yes there was a scene in the show like 10 minutes) so they let's make that a mode, let's make Barn a mode (etc..)

Basically everything in TWD technically was part of the TV show but most likley just a 10 minute or half an episode and the head in the prison makes no sense at all. But at the end of the day TWD is a fantastic pinball machine.

#931 2 years ago

"There's one more girl you won't be getting."

- Young M.C.

007-guardians-of-the-galaxy (resized).jpg

"Here's one more Stern I won't be getting."

- Eggbert52

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Are you all sure original music score means no songs from the movie.

I would say it certainly does and it doesn't surprise me. The cost to license the songs is probably so high that it simply isn't feasible to do.

Rob

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

» YouTube video
"There's one more girl you won't be getting."
- Young M.C.

"Here's one more Stern I won't be getting."
- Eggbert52

Oughh, that armour.......

Premium in 2 years with Stern aftermarket armour might be the go here. If at all.

#934 2 years ago

At least the lockdown bar has a plate again, unlike the dubious omission of one for Star Wars.

I already bought SWLE and paid my LE tax. No more of that....

Rob

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Fast forward 2 years....why are we still on beta code? I thought they were going to change their ways? they promised they would deliver, but they haven't! why is my cabinet falling apart, shit I can't get anyone from customer support to call me back...WTF...I like many of the older pre 2014 Stern games, but I've seen this movie before....

Please take your negativity over to one of the Stern bashing threads. People are trying to talk about this great game that Stern just made.

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People are trying to talk about this great game that Stern just made.

I know but don't we already have a thread dedicated to Metallica?

#937 2 years ago

When do we get some video action?

#938 2 years ago

I'm impressed Stern can produce new pins so quickly. Trust me, I'm a JJP fanboy but I call it like I see it.

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agreed it's almost as if Borg has never watched the films and just said there are 10 characters in the film let's pick one and make that the focus. I have not played the pin obviously, I'm just looking at it. It's like if they made a Star Wars pin and build it around the Ewok TV show (for example) yes Ewoks are a part of the SW universe but they're not the main focus.
I will say, the same thing with TWD, just like Borg said 'let's see there was a well walker and a bicycle girl in a few scenes so let us make that two main shots'. Was there an arena (yes there was a scene in the show like 10 minutes) so they let's make that a mode, let's make Barn a mode (etc..)
Basically everything in TWD technically was part of the TV show but most likley just a 10 minute or half an episode and the head in the prison makes no sense at all. But at the end of the day TWD is a fantastic pinball machine.

You've got to be kidding. You don't really believe the stern team doesn't white board the ideas with the theme? The designers, programmers and engineers know what's going on in current movies or tv. Borg isn't living in a cave and then comes out to design.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I know but don't we already have a thread dedicated to Metallica?

Yep, another awesome game by Stern!

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have to admit we're getting hyper picky now. 5 Years ago, if GOTG was released, everyone would have lost it. Le's sold out in 15 minutes. Best game ever, etc etc. Now its like, "too similar", "too colourful", "too busy", "the music is not perfect", "the toys are too big, too small, too many", "the armour is not the perfect shade of....".

Kind of a compliment to the industry though. We are fortunate we can afford to be this picky. Every game has to jump a pretty high bar to get a spot in my limited space. Especially as the ones already in that space are pretty f*n good.

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow cool! Have you played it yet?

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm impressed Stern can produce new pins so quickly. Trust me, I'm a JJP fanboy but I call it like I see it.

Easy to produce pins fast when you are duplicating designs.

Excuse me if this was already said - haven't read through posts.
GOTG is Metallica again...with exactly 2 different shots - and one less shot on the right.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit we're getting hyper picky now. 5 Years ago, if GOTG was released, everyone would have lost it. Le's sold out in 15 minutes. Best game ever, etc etc. Now its like, "too similar", "too colourful", "too busy", "the music is not perfect", "the toys are too big, too small, too many".
Kind of a compliment to the industry though. We are fortunate we can afford to be this picky. Every game has a to jump a pretty high bar to get a spot in my limited space. Especially as the ones already in that space are pretty f*n good.

Yeah you have a pretty killer lineup for sure. This game here is nothing groundbreaking or anything we haven’t seen before but it’s a gorgeous loooking game and as long as the code is good I think it’s going to be a big seller and another good solid title that people can choose from in Sterns lineup.

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please take your negativity over to one of the Stern bashing threads. People are trying to talk about this great game that Stern just made.

wasn't bashing just throwing a little reality into the discussion that clearly u like to ignore....how in the world do you know its great? clearly u haven't played let alone seen a video of game play....I'd love it if Stern fixed all their problems and listened to their customer base....

#946 2 years ago

Reading through most of this thread, I wonder if groot was made the focus so they can save money by only having to pay for one "I am groot" callout line for the game, lol.

#947 2 years ago

Is the LE armor left over WWE LE parts?

#948 2 years ago

I wasn't excited at all about gotg due to only thinking the movies were just ok. Not a huge theme for me. I was extremely disappointed with SW, my all time theme, so I'm still considering all options for my next purchase. I an honestly excited to see this in action. The play field looks great. Cool toys and magnets. Not saying I'm getting it yet, but this is the style of play field I wanted for SW. Borg does good games, and I love his style. Surprisingly excited to see it play. Jjp potc may still be my next game, but I'll wait to see this play, hopefully soon.

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is the LE armor left over WWE LE parts?

First thought. But looks to be a darker gold.

Plus only ever 400 x WWE where planned. Don't think they ever sold out. Lets pretend 200 where made.... there are 600 x GOTG LE, So they would still need an extra 400 of them. Doesn't make sense to reuse.

#950 2 years ago

80% chance the Premium will be my first (split) NIB.
Split meaning my buddy and I will go together to buy one. We've bought 3 pins so far this way and tried back and forth.
And, yes I own a MET but love this theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
White Hall, IL
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.99
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside