50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 86.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

From feature matrix: "All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access"
Anyone know what this looks like or how it functions?

There's no bump when sliding the playfield out or back into place.

#852 6 years ago

I'd rather see the wireforms on a premium/LE but whatever.

I love Borg designs, looks excellent. BUT, not gonna do it this time.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's wrong with plastic ramps? Games have had plastic ramps since forever. If well designed, they're nice and smooth. Always struck me as more of an aesthetic choice more than anything.

I actually like having a mix of games with both.

Sometimes it's nice to have the smooth feel and sound of the ball returning on a plastic ramp, and other times it's nice to hear that more industrial sound of the ball returning on a wire-form ramp.

#854 6 years ago

Hate the gold look of LE

"Original score" means no soundtrack so that is a HUGE negative

Groot of the Galaxy pin.

My LE fever has broken, not loving it all, especially without soundtrack. Looks like i can pick up a Metallica instead with GREAT code.

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Sometimes it's nice to have the smooth sound of the ball returning on a plastic ramp, and other times it's nice to hear that more industrial sound of the ball returning on a wire-form ramp.

Wow, you can hear the difference between these materials while you are playing a game with sound on?
Respect.

Silence is golden (resized).jpgSilence is golden (resized).jpg

#856 6 years ago

I bet the LE gold rails are leftover hulk hogan rails

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Wow, you can hear the difference between these materials while you are playing a game with sound on?
Respect.

I guess I have the volume set too low. Lol.

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from Potus:

They misspelled Hardon

Here you go...

HadronHadron

I assume they used this joke several times across the two films, but I cannot seem to remember it.

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Respect.

Even when the volume is up you can feel the difference through the flipper buttons/side of the cabinet. Metal ramps generate a distinct vibration that plastic ramps don't.

I don't actually mind the plastic ramps on this game, probably works better with the lighting package too.

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love Borg designs, looks excellent. BUT, not gonna do it this time.

Quoted from iceman44:

My LE fever has broken, not loving it all, especially without soundtrack. Looks like i can pick up a Metallica instead with GREAT code.

Call the Stern Army. Way too logical for reveal day.

#861 6 years ago

I added the game to my wishlist.

My wishlist is a list of games I wish Stern to finish.

C'mon Stern. You can do it!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

How many air balls till a finger breaks off?

big deal; they grow back

#863 6 years ago

You guys better start buying the toys from ebay before the modders buy them all.

ebay.com link: US SHIP Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Peter Quill Star Lord Cosplay Masks Light

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Great choice. If there's one thing this game needs it is more sap!

More sap from Alice in Chains

IMG_4903 (resized).JPGIMG_4903 (resized).JPG

#865 6 years ago

Plastic ramps and no soundtrack, not even on the LE?

I'll stick with my IM, Met Pro and Met Premium,

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yes, Borg definitely needs your input on his designs. He just makes bad game after bad game and needs pinside to show him how it's done

Maybe I should not have used the word design but I do believe anyone good takes input and criticism. Things like dropping spinners from the pro, is that really a good idea? The arms and Gold on the LE is that what people really want for their money? Maybe the LE should get those licensed songs for your extra few thousand. I never said I was going to show him how it's done, but of course they should take input from their consumer.

Actually I never said design I said concepts and ideas.

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

This game (PRE and LE) needs wire forms - not plastic!
Aerosmith had it, - Starwars, Metalica, BM66, heck even GB had some

These plastic ramps are so cheap looking it's awful. In video they wiggle and look out of place.

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

These plastic ramps are so cheap looking it's awful. In video they wiggle and look out of place.

I also prefer the look of metal wire forms alot - but whatever ... not a game killer obviously.

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'll stick with my IM, Met Pro and Met Premium,

Whoah a Pro AND a Premium? I thought I loved Met the most, but apparently not

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

YES YES YES
Pro looks awesome (I can leave the hands), love how every character gets a shot like LOTR, even the Broker! Thanos is also present in the art which is good. Art is perfect, rules seem good, Groot looks great and the layout looks familiar yet fun.
My only reservation is the audio...really not one song? Or maybe this would be added with new code? Karl Urban speech was missing from Star Trek until an update.
I'll need some gameplay footage before I'm on board to buy one...but I'm definitely not...off board?....haha

I was a never Stern but this looks kind of good.

Now if they can get Bradley Cooper to do custom call outs!

#871 6 years ago

With all the issues these past years people are still lining up to buy this game day one.

SMH

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Groot Translation Guide:
"I am Groot": "Hey Chucky, you're up!"
"I am Groot": "Ok, who brought the dog?"
"I am Groot": "Shoot the Pyramid!"
"I am Groot": "LIONMAN!"

Sounds like a win, win, win and win to me, since all 4 of those games are awesome.

#873 6 years ago

Lots of new listings in the market today...the softening HUO market is about to get softer...

Screenshot_20171031-153741 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171031-153741 (resized).png

#874 6 years ago

My wife is a huge fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy films. So much so that she wanted to get the LE before the reveal and she is not one to get excited about pins. Not so much after the reveal:

1. Groot is a supporting character that dies at the end of the first movie - yet he is featured huge on the playfield, LE/Prem back glass/cabinet, giant arms even on the prem/LE playfield. It seems like making a SW game focused around Chewbacca. Groot gets more attention on this game than Gene Simmons got on Kiss.

2. My wife is a huge Chris Pratt fan, and he plays the main character (Star lord / Peter Quinn). His likeness doesn't appear at all on the LE backglass (he is small and behind his Starlord mask). I thought at first maybe the license didn't allow his likeness but he is small on the playfield and on the cabinet art. His face appears on the prem and he is much more prominently on the pro trans light and cabinet art which she actually likes the best.

My wife doesn't care much about game play so now she is wanting the pro for the art while I make the argument for prem with swapping out the trans light with the pro version.

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It seems like making a SW game focused around Chewbacca.

Dude I would so buy that....

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hate the gold look of LE
"Original score" means no soundtrack so that is a HUGE negative
Groot of the Galaxy pin.

And I for a DI or IM.
I think I would wait for pinheads reviews with final code as I already own a Met and I don’t want (pay for) a pin that shoots the same than another one.

#877 6 years ago

Pin looks like it could be fun to play.
Far more interesting that this... Star Wars... thing.
ACDC Premium has also plastic ramps, they are also thin and cheap, so nothing new here.

What i find irritating is, that something like flipper fingers is mentioned in the feature list.
Maybe in the future, the PRO Versions will only have one flipper?
The other thing are the spinners, that are only available in the higher priced versions ( but are hidden undernerneath the hands of Grood).
c´mon.. thats redicoulus..

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

My wife is a huge fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy films. So much so that she wanted to get the LE before the reveal and she is not one to get excited about pins. Not so much after the reveal:
1. Groot is a supporting character that dies at the end of the first movie - yet he is featured huge on the playfield, LE/Prem back glass/cabinet, giant arms even on the prem/LE playfield. It seems like making a SW game focused around Chewbacca. Groot gets more attention on this game than Gene Simmons got on Kiss.
2. My wife is a huge Chris Pratt fan, and he plays the main character (Star lord / Peter Quinn). His likeness doesn't appear at all on the LE backglass (he is small and behind his Starlord mask). I thought at first maybe the license didn't allow his likeness but he is small on the playfield and on the cabinet art. His face appears on the prem and he is much more prominently on the pro trans light and cabinet art which she actually likes the best.
My wife doesn't care much about game play so now she is wanting the pro for the art while I make the argument for prem with swapping out the trans light with the pro version.

***SPOILER ALERT***
psssst, he didn't die.
He was one of the most loved characters. Also, way easier to mold than an other character which would probably have looked terrible

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Lots of new listings in the market today...the softening HUO market is about to get softer...

Maybe you could pad your pin-fund by printing some t-shirts:
"The Softening HUO Market Gives Me a Hadron"

#880 6 years ago

seems Most Collectors are full with games , time for price drops ??!

but why a gold trim on the LE beats me, purple or blue would have been better

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe you could pad your pin-fund by printing some t-shirts:
"The Softening HUO Market Gives Me a Hadron"

As long as our Hadrons don't collide

#882 6 years ago

I think it looks awesome! Looks like it’s gonna play very fast. My only concern right now is the one spot light for the lower part of the playfield. Like Batman 66 I think it’s gonna be a little bit dark down there. Also, on the premium and Limited edition groots hand is going to cast a shadow across his face. It might need a few extra aftermarket spotlights or Scotts pin stadium kit.

A2EDB439-C7D1-4547-91ED-C0351E3F2978 (resized).jpegA2EDB439-C7D1-4547-91ED-C0351E3F2978 (resized).jpeg

#883 6 years ago

Are you all sure original music score means no songs from the movie.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

With all the issues these past years people are still lining up to buy this game day one.
SMH

That’s cause the “issues” are way overstated stuff we way overplay to help us kill time during the work day and in between releases.

When an actual pin comes out people remember Pinball is fun and the endorphins kick back in.

Sorry sourpuss

#885 6 years ago

My streak is over on NIB pins from Stern...I'll wait 3 years for the code to be complete then maybe pull the trigger...

#886 6 years ago

I think this game looks incredible. I am a little bummed that they removed the spinners from the Pro, that sucks. I am also bummed about it not having any of the music from the movies. All in all though this game looks like it’s going to be a big success! The artwork is amazing. It’s definitely going on my wish list.

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think this game looks incredible. I am a little bummed that they removed the spinners from the Pro, that sucks. I am also bummed about it not having any of the music from the movies. All in all though this game looks like it’s going to be a big success! The artwork is amazing. It’s definitely going on my wish list.

I assume you just copy/pasted from the last title? Pretty funny but you honestly post almost the exact same thing for every new Stern to come out, lol.

Big surprise that you love the game

#888 6 years ago

Are there any spotlights on the game? None at the slings or anywhere in the pictures and geez Groots arms are massive!

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Are you all sure original music score means no songs from the movie.

Score = orchestral score by Tyler Bates

If they were using the licensed mix tape songs, it seems like they would have mentioned it as it's a selling point.

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If they were using the licensed mix tape songs, it seems like they would have mentioned it as it's a selling point.

Without question.

#891 6 years ago

Yeah I sound kind of like you but the opposite don’t I Whysnow? I like most Stern games and you hate them all and do nothing but complain about every title that they come out with. I’m so glad that I don’t hate pinball as much as you do!

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Score = orchestral score by Tyler Bates

Hoping pinball browser can work on spike as we could add in songs over the score.

Not having the songs is a huge huge miss. Even if they had a few mixed in it would better. I'm way bummed and feel like Metallica is still the better buy.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hoping pinball browser can work on spike as we could add in songs over the score.
Not having the songs is a huge huge miss. Even if they had a few mixed in it would better. I'm way bummed and feel like Metallica is still the better buy.

Thing is - we don't know how the movie clips/voices are going to work yet ....it actually might be better to not have songs with lyrics if the modes are based on the action scenes with lots of explosions and dialog.

#894 6 years ago

Groot is supposed to be big, everything about this is great. I wish there were some stuff from the second movie, but this is a great package so far.

Have I mentioned I'm excited?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume you just copy/pasted from the last title? Pretty funny but you honestly post almost the exact same thing for every new Stern to come out, lol.
Big surprise that you love the game

They removed the spinners from Star Wars Pro?

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah I sound kind of like you but the opposite don’t I Whysnow? I like most Stern games and you hate them all and do nothing but complain about every title that they come out with. I’m so glad that I don’t hate pinball as much as you do!

actually, that is not the case at all. I like plenty of Stern games. heck, TWD is one of my favorite decks to play.

I just have a bit more reserve before declaring a game incredible or a big success.

I am looking forward to playing one when I get the chance. Looks a lot like Metallica and I like how that one shoots but not the theme or code, so hopefully this one will shoot similar but be more fun (theme is already better)

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Damn....not even one song? Pinball browser is good for call outs, not sure how it would work with a song clip. I hope you can, cause the 80's vibe is a big factor in the theme.

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They removed the spinners from Star Wars Pro?

lol

#899 6 years ago

Fast forward 2 years....why are we still on beta code? I thought they were going to change their ways? they promised they would deliver, but they haven't! why is my cabinet falling apart, shit I can't get anyone from customer support to call me back...WTF...I like many of the older pre 2014 Stern games, but I've seen this movie before....

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

one of my favorite decks to play.

Decks?

Table is lineball unacceptable, but deck...???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/18?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.