50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 86.
#701 6 years ago

Game looks great. Really looking forward to playing it in person.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroToys:

Should of had baby Groot releasing balls like this. Why would balls even come in and out of his mouth?

I think this is referred to as teabagging.

#703 6 years ago

From feature matrix: "All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access"

Anyone know what this looks like or how it functions?

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Talks too, right?

Judging from other games with talking heads I would say no. In GOTG the shot to Groot's mouth is direct from the flippers. All the other games it's not. Ted has a bulldozer blade in front of his mouth. Red shot is off the upper flipper. Rudy shot is off the upper flipper. No fear skull is above the ball. Soprano"s fish is above the ball also....

#705 6 years ago

Lot of commonality with Metallica.

Groot head & arm sculpts and their finish look really good. The arms hide a pretty large section of the play area from the field of view, though.

They didn't show the display at all ... I suspect that's because, like SW and BM'66, it's going to be extremely rudimentary, at least to start with.

The 'MAGNA FORCE' effect where the ball eddies for an extended period of time in tight circles in one spot, with the aid of a magnet, might be liable to absolutely wreck the playfield on any heavily played game. If the finish isn't perfect, and it frequently isn't these days with Stern, it won't be at all surprising to see some location machines down to the bare wood in a few short months. Everyone should mylar this before a single game is played.

Pro art package looks better, though Premium has the better translite. LE the weakest.

LE wears that powder coat a lot worse than Wrestlemania LE IMO.

Not too keen on the playfield art. It's extremely 'noisy'. SW and BM'66 and PotC are of a similar style - (actor faces superimposed onto original art / background). I think all three look better. That the colour is so heavily saturated, and a lot of it clashing, will probably make the light show much less impressive.

Dialing down the saturation a little bit would help hugely IMO.

As it's Borg, it will probably shoot well. Hopefully code is half decent at launch, but do not expect it to be. Lonnie will have had much less time on this than Aerosmith.

My impression is that the Pro's decent, if you compare it to SW or BM'66. Probably considerably more entertaining and diverting. Don't think it will surpass Aerosmith as the 'best' overall package for Spike 2 machines. Chance it's the best Spike or Spike 2 machine.

Comparing the Premium or LE to Houdini, DI or PotC .. it doesn't look good. Premium and LE, again, will not sell in Europe / UK. Way too expensive unless they revise their prices.

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code will be done early on this one if Lonnie is doing it. He is sharp about getting complete out of the box code done. Now whether it’ll be unique or not is to be determined.
But, looks like this will be a Metallica layout with Aerosmith rules. Scoop shot shows mode select (AS songs - Center insert matrix), mystery (typical), extra ball (typical), and upgrade (my guess AS CIU). Each mode will probably award a super mode for shot inserts like Aerosmith.
Groot will be like Toys in attic multiball risk/reward.
Other multiballs unknown?
Probably 2 wizard modes like AS.
All in all this is a hybrid MET meets AS which, besides it being cookie cutter, are all GOOD things. Game will be fun, can’t wait to play and hear sound package.

Lonnie > Dwight.

As long as I don't have to hear "OK, Who Brought The Groot?" every time I start mode 1, I'm good.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

could someone make the arms to mount to a pro I dont know if there would be an infringement on making them,could there be a problem making arms that look like a tree,I would not think so but if it can be done I sure someone with some skill will do it,mabey Matt at back alley.

If someone makes their own Groot arms for the Pro - I think it would be sweet to see a different take on it- make them more like vines and mount them over the plastic ramp returns vs. hovering over the playfield.

#708 6 years ago

$6200 for the pro model
$7900 for the premium
$9000 for the LE

Just saw this from a Stern Facebook post.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

could someone make the arms to mount to a pro I dont know if there would be an infringement on making them,could there be a problem making arms that look like a tree,I would not think so but if it can be done I sure someone with some skill will do it,mabey Matt at back alley.

I was thinking along the same lines, although, making them more along the idea of the vines/tendrils that Groot extends to grab things. Maybe wrapped around the existing ramps, like this;

Groot limbs (resized).JPGGroot limbs (resized).JPG

Later,
EV

#710 6 years ago

Definitely looks like IM and MET had a baby. Should be fun to play and is world's better than SW. Art looks great, and magnets are always nice. Kind of wish there was a magnet near Groot's head...curious about the action off it when his mouth is closed.

IM - ramps and war machine

MET - fuel targets and standup, Groot for Sparky, Orb for snake, scoop in similar place

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

$9000 for the LE

So you could get a DILE or a GOTGLE, same price. Stern's not exactly leading the price race now are they?

#712 6 years ago

LE for me, looks fantastic. Another homerun from Stern.
Keep them coming.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

$6200 for the pro model
$7900 for the premium
$9000 for the LE
Just saw this from a Stern Facebook post.

I'm usually a Premium guy....but I could totally see just going Pro on this one if I were to play it & like it enough to buy it. We'll see!

#714 6 years ago

few things i don't like but i think it's one of the best pro. artwork looks good, more of stuff to shoot at, not bad for a pro.

but,
no tracks from the movie, bad.
(premium/LE) the big hands are little too much for me. even if it doesn't block the player's view, won't miss those on the pro.
Ridiculous cheap parts removed from the pro, slingshots flashers, spinners, ramps decals, so they can justify premium/le... those are pennies on the dollar.
curious about the call outs and video integration.
still, i think the pro is the best bang for the buck on this one.

#715 6 years ago

What are people seeing for quoted prices for the three models shipped?

#716 6 years ago

Also, why did they make the Orb shot insert the Broker? It should be Thanos, or at least the Collector. But the Broker? Meh.

Later,
EV

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

few things i don't like but i think it's one of the best pro. artwork looks good, more of stuff to shoot at, not bad for a pro.
but,
no tracks from the movie, bad.
(premium/LE) the big hands are little too much for me. even if it doesn't block the player's view, won't miss those on the pro.
Ridiculous cheap parts removed from the pro, slingshots flashers, spinners, ramps decals, so they can justify premium/le... those are pennies on the dollar.
curious about the call outs and video integration.
still, i think the pro is the best bang for the buck on this one.

Seriously: a couple flashers, spinners, and ramp decals (LOL!). It’s really pathetic to strip those out of a $6000 game. They have to differentiate somehow I guess.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Best look yet at the arms.

That actually looks pretty fuckin' cool. But unless you have a Lyman stance I still think they'll be a little annoying a-la the hammer on MET.

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't understand Stern's strategy of not showing this at Expo this year.

Pretty sure Jersey Jack had something to do with it.

#720 6 years ago

Has the programmer been confirmed on this yet?

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't understand Stern's strategy of not showing this at Expo this year.

It likely does not have much code yet and would have been a box of lights. They made that mistake with BM66 when they brought that to the show before it could be played a year earlier.

#722 6 years ago

My groot was different. You saw this guy you would run...

The game looks great. Can't wait to play it.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm usually a Premium guy....but I could totally see just going Pro on this one if I were to play it & like it enough to buy it. We'll see!

My thinking exactly. I need to get 50 games on one and then see if I want to make this my first NIB. My wife immediately jumped on board.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is that a guess, or a quote you were given? I'm hearing a few hundo higher.

That was a quote I awhile back and was told the next release would be the same price. ..
I called this morning to confirm and now was told 200 bucks more...

#725 6 years ago

Pro is also missing the scoop protector ....... i mean how much cld that cost . Thsy sld have ot on all models so playfield issues dont occur there.

#726 6 years ago

Is anyone else concerned about owning Spike games?

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My thinking exactly. I need to get 50 games on one and then see if I want to make this my first NIB. My wife immediately jumped on board.

yeah -- every new pin i've shown my wife, she has rolled her eyes and said something like, "you're not getting that, are you?" shockingly, i just showed her GOTG and to my surprise, she said, "oh, cute!"

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I called this morning to confirm and now was told 200 bucks more...

yep price increase again, for what? and no tracks from the movie.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah -- every new pin i've shown my wife, she has rolled her eyes and said something like, "you're not getting that, are you?" shockingly, i just showed her GOTG and to my surprise, she said, "oh, cute!"

...you realize that she was talking about Chris Pratt, right?

#730 6 years ago

Take it the hands are going to come down and hold the balls that are being held by magnets? Would be cool but agreed that they may get in the way of shots otherwise. Great looking game and more to offer than Star Wars for sure.

#731 6 years ago

Its very in your face, reminds me of TRANSFORMERS, which lasted about 3 weeks at my place.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Take it the hands are going to come down and hold the balls that are being held by magnets? Would be cool but agreed that they may get in the way of shots otherwise. Great looking game and more to offer than Star Wars for sure.

nah, i don't think they do anything.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

The hands do nothing. They are static.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I am for sure. My only Spike games at the moment is GOT / SW . However having a big The PIN version(Spike is)Does worry me . Node boards will be costly if Stern only warranties 1 year on them, they are so new they have no idea what or when they will fail for . I Hope when and if they do after a year , they will help out and have you ship in the Defective failing board to see what it is doing and failing for and ship you a new one.. Only Hopes and prayers is what you got with the new Tech .

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pro is also missing the scoop protector ....... i mean how much cld that cost . Thsy sld have ot on all models so playfield issues dont occur there.

really, i missed that one. yep another $2 saved, like if operator don't need it. greed. i guess the pro will have no wear.

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

They shake during jazz hands multiball.

#737 6 years ago

The asymmetrical offset between the flippers an apron/outhole trips an OCD flag for me.

10-31-2017 3-19-59 PM (resized).jpg10-31-2017 3-19-59 PM (resized).jpg

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The 'MAGNA FORCE' effect where the ball eddies for an extended period of time in tight circles in one spot, with the aid of a magnet, might be liable to absolutely wreck the playfield on any heavily played game. If the finish isn't perfect, and it frequently isn't these days with Stern, it won't be at all surprising to see some location machines down to the bare wood in a few short months. Everyone should mylar this before a single game is played.

Not necessarily. No wear concerns for magnets that just look to move/influence the ball. It's the magnets that try to GRAB the ball that cause wear issues.

No one has mylar'd their twilight zone mini-playfields... for the same reason. It's not unexposed magnets that cause wear... it's magnets that need to grab and the edges of magnets that are wear concerns.

If they aren't looking to grab and hold the ball, rather just push/pull the ball in pulses - the magnets don't need to be as powerful or long pulses and don't drag the ball as much.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's great but for at home (which is the main market) it will look and play just like my met or most other stern pins for that matter.

If it plays like MET that's perfect for people who don't like MET the band but enjoy the gameplay (is there anyone who doesn't think MET is a great playing game, never mind - of course there is) and like superheroes.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If it plays like MET that's perfect for people who don't like MET the band but enjoy the gameplay (is there anyone who doesn't think MET is a great playing game, never mind - of course there is) and like superheroes.

My wife would never go for MET, and I'm not a huge fan of their music either. But she's down for this!

#741 6 years ago

Me waiting for game play videos ...

oh-im-sorry-i-i-didnt-know-how-this-machine-works-10983850 (resized).pngoh-im-sorry-i-i-didnt-know-how-this-machine-works-10983850 (resized).png

#742 6 years ago

Topic is on fire. Theme is a hit.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It likely does not have much code yet and would have been a box of lights. They made that mistake with BM66 when they brought that to the show before it could be played a year earlier.

I didnt mean having games on the show floor. Just basically show what they showed today at the Stern or Franchi seminar. A few pics and a short gameplay teaser vid.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I was thinking along the same lines, although, making them more along the idea of the vines/tendrils that Groot extends to grab things. Maybe wrapped around the existing ramps, like this;

Later,
EV

All the more as Groot does not have hands.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

The problem with this cheap-ass move is that nobody considering a Pro is going to jump to a Premium to get spinners. They might jump to a Prem. for the whole package, but if their budget doesn't allow then the spinners alone aren't going to sway anyone.

So it's not an effective incentive to trigger an upgrade, instead it comes across as them taking away / punishing Pro owners, not for any justifiable cost reduction reason, but to basically make Pro buyers feel shitty. It's a complete d*ck move and just goes to show that Stern has learned nothing since Metallica and someone in a position of power there really has an antagonistic view of their pro customer base.

And you can argue that Stern targets the Pro at the operator market, and coin-drop customers don't care about spinners, but that's BS too. It's more work for Stern to remove them (adjust the rules, etc.) than to keep them, and for the $20 they could have avoided generating an needless negative vibe for the pro buyer.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

The asymmetrical offset between the flippers an apron/outhole trips an OCD flag for me.

So many games are like that...it's done for shot geometry and design reasons. It's a stupid complaint.

#747 6 years ago

Would be cool if they had a interactive boom box topper that would play custom mix songs when you start modes, buy the gotg cd and theres your custom mix vol. 1 and 2.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Yup. Haven't bought one yet.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Many stern games are laid out like that..

met (resized).jpgmet (resized).jpg

aero (resized).jpgaero (resized).jpg

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Unfortunately i doubt it will be the coded masterpiece met is...... im sure it will be a fun pin but i just with stern wld take chances and mix things up every now and then. To me if you have played a stern /borg game in the last 10 years then u played them all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/15?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.