50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 86.
#651 6 years ago

Best look yet at the arms.

Arms (resized).jpgArms (resized).jpg

#652 6 years ago

My one minor gripe is that they repeated this same image of StarLord/Chris Pratt on the backglass, cabinet side art and playfield... I think it appears about 3 times on the Pro and Premium. I am sure they had limited promo shots to pick from if they were only going with the first movie, but it is kind of a drawback.

Chris_Pratt_as_Star-Lord_poster (resized).jpgChris_Pratt_as_Star-Lord_poster (resized).jpg

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Best look yet at the arms.

nice view of the ramps and orbits.

#654 6 years ago

2 extra flashers on the slingshots for the premium/le.

#655 6 years ago

Why do they need to use those ugly screws on the scoop plastic? There had to be a better way to mount the lights.

#656 6 years ago

Is there any word on ship date yet?

#657 6 years ago

It's not WHAT he says, but HOW he says it. That will be interesting.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Speaks 4 words!
I am Groot
We are Groot.

#658 6 years ago

IMO, the premium with purple armor matching the backbox would look better than the LE with that gold.

#659 6 years ago

Looks like a fun game, i like the layout Hope the hands will move !

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Is there any word on ship date yet?

I'm Told 2-3 Weeks for Pros. 3-5 Weeks for LE and 6-8 Weeks for LE
JJ

#661 6 years ago

(Almost) identically playfield features could mean that we see more complete code when the game is released and possibly also more frequent updates afterwards.
Did not someone from Stern complain that the current scheme is a big pita for the software department, as with every new machine there are virtually two different games to code?

#662 6 years ago

Code will be done early on this one if Lonnie is doing it. He is sharp about getting complete out of the box code done. Now whether it’ll be unique or not is to be determined.

But, looks like this will be a Metallica layout with Aerosmith rules. Scoop shot shows mode select (AS songs - Center insert matrix), mystery (typical), extra ball (typical), and upgrade (my guess AS CIU). Each mode will probably award a super mode for shot inserts like Aerosmith.

Groot will be like Toys in attic multiball risk/reward.

Other multiballs unknown?

Probably 2 wizard modes like AS.

All in all this is a hybrid MET meets AS which, besides it being cookie cutter, are all GOOD things. Game will be fun, can’t wait to play and hear sound package.

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's not WHAT he says, but HOW he says it. That will be interesting.

Groot Translation Guide:
"I am Groot": "Hey Chucky, you're up!"
"I am Groot": "Ok, who brought the dog?"
"I am Groot": "Shoot the Pyramid!"
"I am Groot": "LIONMAN!"

#664 6 years ago

I have not seen a copy of the feature matrix that was legible here yet so let me try: (EDIT: it works, you just have to click on it to expand it to actual size)

GOTG Feature Matrix.pdfGOTG Feature Matrix.pdf

#665 6 years ago

Not that I would ever even consider an LE, but man that gold trim looks terrible. Looking forward to playing it though (on location). Borg rules, even if he usually plays it safe.

#666 6 years ago

Well my first impression is...much better than the star wars.

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

IMO, the premium with purple armor matching the backbox would look better than the LE with that gold.

TOTALLY agree... NOT digging the gold trim at all....

I think the Pre looks WAY better imo. I may change my LE to Pre....

#669 6 years ago

No "Stern Glass" on the LE?
What does the Topper look like?

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Well my first impression is...much better than the star wars.

i am Groot.

#672 6 years ago

Looks pretty cool ! I Look forward to playing one soon .

#674 6 years ago

Over/under how many more "I am Groot" posts there will be.

Setting the number at 200. Considering the over.

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

IronTallica!
Looks like fun as usual. My only completely unsubstantiated complaint is that like every Stern game of the last 10 years they put something in it that will take constant infuriating adjusting to keep from shooting balls straight down the middle.

Guardians of the IronMetallica

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No "Stern Glass" on the LE?
What does the Topper look like?

Topper is normally announced about a month after the game. So far we have not seen topper for Star Wars either.

JJ

#677 6 years ago

I see multipliers on the playfield and an "Upgrade" light over the scoop....could be some cool options in the code!

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Interesting position of a flasher over the outlane. Could be like the cannon on ACDC were it's a coin flip whether you're going inlane our out.

This confuses me - why would designers put giant plastics blocking the visibility of the outlanes? This bugged the hell out of me on The Avengers as well, and just learned to work around it on AC/DC (although still annoying as hell). Hopefully it's easier to see than the pictures suggest.

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

My one minor gripe is that they repeated this same image of StarLord/Chris Pratt on the backglass, cabinet side art and playfield... I think it appears about 3 times on the Pro and Premium. I am sure they had limited promo shots to pick from if they were only going with the first movie, but it is kind of a drawback.

Just like Black Widow sidekick pose on Avengers. Seems like a Marvel licensing thing....

Later,
EV

#680 6 years ago

For those the don't like the gold, you can always purple it on the premium, quick example here of what it could look like. I did do it on the LE trim, but looks just as good on the prem trim.

purple-rails (resized).jpgpurple-rails (resized).jpg

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

"Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil"
is that a fancy way of saying if you upgrade to the premium, they put him on a spring instead of a metal bracket? talk about over-selling a feature.

Sounds similar to the Venegeance on Star Trek. The premium and LE had that ship on a coil so it was a little more animated and it "crashed" when you defeated it.

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I\ve mentioned this before, just look at one of his worst games Monopoly, the layout and shots are genius.

That's because it's whirlwind with some extras added

#683 6 years ago

Who is the programmer?

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

For those the don't like the gold, you can always purple it on the premium, quick example here of what it could look like. I did do it on the LE trim, but looks just as good on the prem trim.

Looks way better.

Shame they had so many WWE sets left over

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Sounds similar to the Venegeance on Star Trek. The premium and LE had that ship on a coil so it was a little more animated and it "crashed" when you defeated it.

Yeah, Rocket will just twitch/vibrate on the Prem/LE.

So, my first impressions are overall positive. It's attractive, the Pro is just about feature complete (minus spinners). Borg makes nice playing games. It'll come down to the code/LCD/sound package to tie it all together...but it looks like the code will be pretty straight forward/traditional which will be a nice break from math-chess. Looks like it'll be a mix of modes & character collecting, multiballs and a couple wizard modes.

I feel like this will sell a lot of Pros since it looks like you get a lot in the game for a "low" price.

Since the Groot hands are just sculpts, if Pro buyers like them, they can probably buy them and add them to their game...if Stern doesn't offer them, I'm sure someone will 3D print them. I can also see people adding figurines of the other characters to their games to correspond to their related shots.

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

One reservation I have with the Premium/LE though is that it looks like Groot's hands may block the view of a handful of shots (pun definitely intended). Maybe trifling, but that would probably annoy me.

You don't stand directly above the PF like these photos are.

#688 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

IronTallica!
Looks like fun as usual. My only completely unsubstantiated complaint is that like every Stern game of the last 10 years they put something in it that will take constant infuriating adjusting to keep from shooting balls straight down the middle.

I like MetalliMan better.

#689 6 years ago

Too much Groot. He’s not the main character. Maybe the video screen will feature everyone else and the giant Groot on playfield is all there is of him.

#690 6 years ago

I think the side blades on the LE are a bit too much. The blades on the Premium seem more even toned.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Too much Groot. He’s not the main character. Maybe the video screen will feature everyone else and the giant Groot on playfield is all there is of him.

He's not THE main character, but he is a main character. What, should it have had a giant Starlord head? Groot is cool looking & lends itself to being a main toy. He likes to eat (his own twigs), so I'm fine with feeding him pinballs.

#692 6 years ago

Looks "stimulating"!

Fail on no licensed music (original score).
Fail on removing the spinners from the Pro. C'mon Stern! Saved $20 there...

Much better presentation than SW.

Ugly giant LCD + speaker panel needs a decal or something.

Hopefully it is fun, but as a MET owner it's all the same shots.

#693 6 years ago

Should of had baby Groot releasing balls like this. Why would balls even come in and out of his mouth?

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#694 6 years ago

Looks pretty good to me. Groot is fun/likable so he ought to be a big part of any game. I am excited to play one. Looks like fun to play and pro looks to be decent. The hands look cool but think that will block a lot of the view when playing. Not a fan of that. Other complaint is the usual - price. It does look a lot like MET which isn't really a bad thing. Wish Stern would do a three flipper game now and then.

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Gameplay teaser
» YouTube video

The ball spinning in place at the 0:25 mark looks really cool. I would have thought you'd need multiple magnets to do that but the video looks like its the pro version with only 1 magnet.

Wonder if you could spin multiple balls at once?

Gives a similar effect to what Borg did with Lost in Space, Twister, and Xmen except doing it all via just a magnet without the need for a mechanical spinning disc.

#696 6 years ago

So it includes parts of the main score that's good news, but NO MUSIC!?! Major bummer

First impressions I'm loving the art, here I just said I would never buy a newer stern and this is really tempting me as im a huge GOTG fan.

Do we have any idea how complete the code is?

And those groot arms... although very well sculpted, terrible addition, totally blocks the playfield? If I bought a premium can I tell them to keep the arms for a discount lol

#697 6 years ago

So far....

Art. Knocked it out of the park. One of, if not the best Stern to date.

Toys. Good enough/fun.

Music. Fail for no mixtape.

Code. Find out in 2019......maybe, if it's finished.

Pro model. Nothing else out there to compete at this price level with LCD ( other than SW pro and AS pro ).

#698 6 years ago

could someone make the arms to mount to a pro I dont know if there would be an infringement on making them,could there be a problem making arms that look like a tree,I would not think so but if it can be done I sure someone with some skill will do it,mabey Matt at back alley.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Art. Knocked it out of the park. One of, if not the best Stern to date.

Art does look great. They should have let Franchi talk about it and show some art work at Expo during his seminar. Don't understand Stern's strategy of not showing this at Expo this year.

#700 6 years ago

I won't repeat what others keep saying, but I think the general consensus is that GOTG looks like a fun game to play. And since it has so many striking similarities to MET & IM, of course it's going to be fun. Throw in some Addams Family magnets, and this will be a blast to play. This game will forever be compared with MET.

You know it's going to shoot well, but the key will be how the code rules & LCD are integrated with the gameplay. Wish Borg had teamed with Lyman again on this one.

It looks like they put the money into toys & features on this one, instead of music licensing. I'm fine with that, bc that's what pinbrowser is for. And with so many great songs from the movies, you can make your own mixtape.

Since I own IM & MET though, there's no way I'd own GOTG. Layouts just too similar. But looking forward to dropping some coin on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
$ 25.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,495 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/14?hl=retrotoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.