50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 86.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Who is coding this? My guess is Lonnie Ropp with the multipler inserts.

Code will be finished in 2021.

#602 6 years ago

Do the Groot arms do anything at all that add to the gameplay or just block the view?

#603 6 years ago

"Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil"

is that a fancy way of saying if you upgrade to the premium, they put him on a spring instead of a metal bracket? talk about over-selling a feature.

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Do the Groot arms do anything at all that add to the gameplay or just block the view?

Just a happy ending.

#605 6 years ago

I hate the theme, but this looks like just about everything Star Wars should've been but mysteriously wasn't.

#606 6 years ago

Nope the PRO doesn't have the IM/JP/BBH kickback mech, the premium/le includes this mech. No spring.

Quoted from pezpunk:

"Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil"
is that a fancy way of saying if you upgrade to the premium, they put him on a spring instead of a metal bracket? talk about over-selling a feature.

#607 6 years ago

Nope, stationary so figure $500 an arm...

#608 6 years ago

"looks loaded, unlike Star Wars"

*counts*

same number of mechs, ramps, flippers, etc.

hmm

#609 6 years ago

Looks loaded? Looks like Metallica rebranded....

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope the PRO doesn't have the IM/JP/BBH kickback mech, the premium/le includes this mech. No spring.

You're wrong, the only dif is Rocket on a spring. The Pro has the kickback, the video is of the Pro model.

#612 6 years ago

Drax is on the main playfield, next to Star Lord, isnt he?

#613 6 years ago

Stern gets way to much slack on Licensing, no licensed music is a huge miss. It made the movies, they have to at least get some samples.

#614 6 years ago

Game looks fun to me. Yeah, it's kind of a 'Borg special' in terms of feeling a bit familiar, but I like Borg's games, they're enjoyable to play, and even when they're 'safe' I wouldn't call them boring in any way. This is maybe not OMG innovative, but it's definitely not phoned in. I'd call it a solid looking game.

Put it this way, it doesn't feel empty, it has the world under glass, it has interactive features, there's gonna be action going on with the ball. Drops, locks, magnets, interactive sculpts, this is what I would expect from a Stern pinball in 2017. Backglass is back, it's mirrored. Honestly this is everything Star Wars should have been but wasn't. Star Wars was a huge disappointment, and playing it didn't change my mind. I'd step up to GOTG with a much more positive feeling.

Hand drawn art, which people begged and begged for, whoever keeps saying it's photoshopped needs to stop, you don't understand what that word means. It's a bit on the overly colorful style for my taste, but it looks good. I dig the playfield, but the cabinet + backglass + playfield as a whole is a little Skittles for me that's all. That's I think what you're gonna get with this artist, I'm not surprised. Technically speaking it's really well done. I nitpicked the insert fonts on Ghostbusters, I didn't care for the cheap Photoshop bevel and emboss look on Star Trek's mode matrix. This nailed all that little stuff, and to me at least it matters.

Nothing I see makes me cry about how dumb licenses restrict good ideas, this feels like it was executed as planned. Maybe they had headaches, but they pulled it off.

Am I gonna buy one? Nah, I highly doubt it. But I'd for sure play one on location. If the code is basic or there's no wizard mode or whatever I don't think I'll notice with just coin drop. If I was a home buyer though I'd hesitate until other people went ahead and tested the code waters. So all you salivating people with burning wallets, go for it, let us know how it is.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Stern gets way to much slack on Licensing, no licensed music is a huge miss. It made the movies, they have to at least get some samples.

overall i really like this reveal, but i agree -- the classic rock songs were a HUGE part of the character of these movies.

#616 6 years ago

Just checked out the video, sorry you are correct all models must include the kickback.
The matrix says otherwise.

Quoted from Jojo1111:

You're wrong, the only dif is Rocket on a spring. The Pro has the kickback, the video is of the Pro model.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#617 6 years ago

All these posts and not a single reference to LE's gold being more mustard than gold? Gotta say though, other than that it looks good

#618 6 years ago

no original music is a big no no for me.
probably cost too much for stern versus profit.

gimme original songs over pop bumpers and magnets any days.

#619 6 years ago

Just checked out the video, sorry you are correct all models must include the kickback.

"coil assisted gunfire recoil" = they put Rocket on a spring. when the coil fires, he jiggles. that's the "recoil" they're talking about.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Well...you guys asked for it, and you got it: Another plastic toy on a spring that gets jiggled by a coil.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

5200 shipped to your door

Is that a guess, or a quote you were given? I'm hearing a few hundo higher.

#622 6 years ago

Looks great. I don't own a MET or IM but i'm interested. The only pending is the LCD and videos. I really hope we get some custom animations and not a bunch a of video clips that look like powerpoint. Can't wait to see the deadflip feed.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So all you salivating people with burning wallets, go for it, let us know how it is.

It will be at my location, though my wallet isn't burning. Like SW, this pin will do great on route.

#624 6 years ago

Looks like a Groot game more than anything.

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

All these posts and not a single reference to LE's gold being more mustard than gold? Gotta say though, other than that it looks good

Quoted from beelzeboob:

And you forgot to add the "beautiful" mustard armor on the LE. Certainly worth the extra jing.

You must have missed it. I think there was another one as well.

Quoted from rai:

Talk about chopping wood.

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I Am Groot.

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

"coil assisted gunfire recoil" = they put Rocket on a spring. when the coil fires, he jiggles. that's the "recoil" they're talking about.

Yup, either this or something like on SM's Green Goblin where he just kicks back quickly.

#628 6 years ago

You can call around but you won't find GOTG/AS/SW for this price anywhere. You're looking at over 5k for this PRO.

Everyone here knows that. That wasn't the point of my comment.

#629 6 years ago

Nice to see the Groot mech is exactly the same on the Pro, unlike say KISS, Star Trek, etc....

#631 6 years ago

Art is great.

Plastic ramps on LE, not so great.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#632 6 years ago

Did anyone put up high res photos yet? I just got them

JJ

#633 6 years ago

23004390_1932919540056482_6661595853233796233_o (resized).jpg23004390_1932919540056482_6661595853233796233_o (resized).jpg

#634 6 years ago

22829937_1932919940056442_472109264933573034_o (resized).jpg22829937_1932919940056442_472109264933573034_o (resized).jpg

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Did anyone put up high res photos yet? I just got them
JJ

No, we need them!

#636 6 years ago

One reservation I have with the Premium/LE though is that it looks like Groot's hands may block the view of a handful of shots (pun definitely intended). Maybe trifling, but that would probably annoy me.

#637 6 years ago

Interesting position of a flasher over the outlane. Could be like the cannon on ACDC were it's a coin flip whether you're going inlane our out.

gotg12 (resized).pnggotg12 (resized).png

gotg13 (resized).pnggotg13 (resized).png

#638 6 years ago

I have to say. Stern has done a great job on the art on this one all around. Cab, Trans, and playfield. Great art. Layout is very stern cookie cutter, but seems disguised fairly well. Not bad overall. With custom fan rework with music, could be fairly immersive. I'll enjoy playing it on location or at other peoples houses i'm sure.

#640 6 years ago

That's funny, Chris pine gets smaller and smaller the higher up the trim levels you go...

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

those hands are pretty damn big.

maybe it's not the hands that are big, it's the wiener in the hands making the hands look big?

#642 6 years ago

Pro:
- i love the art.
- the playfield layout is a proven winner. i mean it is 95% Metallica. that's a fun game.
- functional toy! Groot's mouth opens and closes, and spits out balls! cool!
- a real mirrored backglass on the LE, sweet!

Cons:
- Metal ramps and wireforms would have been nice. those ramps look flimsy.
- Nobody can say with confidence that it will ever have complete code.
- No classic rock from the soundtrack. I normally wouldn't care, but this particular movie is a special case. Those tunes were a huge part of the main protagonist's character. Peter risks his life multiple times for that music. The tape and those tunes represent all he has left of his mother (they were her gift to him), and he is wracked with guilt over fleeing from her on her deathbed, and his devotion to that music is his way of making up for that and maintaining a connection to her. Every major emotional moment in the film is backed by a particular 70s pop song because it's such a huge part of what makes him tick. the soundtrack has a lot of meaning in this movie and i'm sad it's apparently not represented here.

Overall:
I am impressed and optimistic. I am sure it will play great, and I love the way it looks.

#643 6 years ago

Lol...that was actually funny

#644 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nice to see the Groot mech is exactly the same on the Pro, unlike say KISS, Star Trek, etc....

for that matter, the layout is identical too, right? that's a positive in my book.

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

- functional toy! Groot's mouth opens and closes, and spits out balls! cool!

Talks too, right?

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

At least it (LE/Prem) is a little better than tie fighter on a spring since Rocket jiggles when the cannon fires the ball back at the flippers rather than merely acting as a fake bash toy.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Talks too, right?

Speaks 4 words!

I am Groot

We are Groot.

#648 6 years ago

This game really looks better than I expected. Can't wait to play it knowing that I can always swap out the music should I buy one and not like the songs.

Now that all the shoes have dropped, this is most likely my leading NIB candidate from 2017.

#649 6 years ago

Made up a quick comparison of Pro to Premium, nice to see game mostly intact from one to the other.

009-guardians-of-the-galaxy.gif009-guardians-of-the-galaxy.gif

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe it's not the hands that are big, it's the wiener in the hands making the hands look big?

Don’t excite Kevin Spacey he loves pinballs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/13?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.