50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 86.
#551 6 years ago

The game looks fun. I find most of Borg's games to be fun. Yes, they all share similar design aspects, but there is no denying that the guy knows how to make games that shoot great.

On a side note, the Groot toy immediately made me think that Borg probably had something like that in mind for the prison on TWD. My guess is the ball lock was eliminated on TWD for budget reasons, and that's why we have the lame zombie bash target instead.

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i am not missing the point, stern does.

That's why they are going out of business and having trouble selling their LEs, clearly.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i am not missing the point, stern does.

I know you're the beatmaster and all but you are just beating a dead horse here.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's why they are going out of business and having trouble selling their LEs, clearly.

there are, clearly, more people with money then common senses. a box with a few light bulbs would sell.

#555 6 years ago

I think they'll struggle to sell out of LE's on this (they should have done 400). They should just sell Pro's when it comes to Borg designs, he does them better than anyone else

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I know you're the beatmaster and all but you are just beating a dead horse here.

yeah you're right, what's the point, really.

#557 6 years ago

From the matrix:
HD video scenes from the original film associated with game play modes
So this would mean similar to Star Wars movie content/mode associations on the display.

Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Bear in mind that one thing we have not seen any sign of yet is how well the theme is integrated using the screen.

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sucks that spinners are missing from the pro. That will be the only real noticeable thing missing, I feel. Yeah, the lighting is going to be way better on the premium, but that doesn't change gameplay the way spinners do.

I will certainly miss the 3 magnets in the middle of playfield that create chaos.

That is what I would miss most by going pro.

#559 6 years ago

The magnets and Rocket kickback should help shorten ball times a little as compared to Metallica which is known to be a long ball time game.

#560 6 years ago

so no songs from the movie, can't wait to hear the custom call outs, who's gonna do it, Rocket, drax?

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We KNOW there isn't $3,000 worth of "stuff" in an LE that a pro doesn't have.

Please cut it out with all of the logical posts and rational explanations. Thank you.

#562 6 years ago

It sure looks leagues beyond Star Wars though. Very familiar design, sure, but at least it looks fun from the initial reveal.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I will certainly miss the 3 magnets in the middle of playfield that create chaos.
That is what I would miss most by going pro.

there is one magnet on the playfield that does the same thing, 1 instead of 3. just less chaos.

#564 6 years ago

6,199.00 for a pro?

#565 6 years ago

It doesn't mention custom cal louts on the feature matrix, so don't count on it.

Quoted from beatmaster:

so no songs from the movie, can't wait to hear the custom call outs, who's gonna do it, Rocket, drax?

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Honestly, I just wish Stern would release their own promo video. I'd rather get a first look with a clean cut video package than just a reveal stream. And this is coming from a partnered Twitch streamer.

Not sure what being a "Twitch Partner" has to do with wanting a promo vid?
I know I've asked previously, but what's your Twitch name? I'd love to say hey!

#567 6 years ago

You must be new here.

Actual distributor price is always a good bit lower than msrp.

#568 6 years ago

This thing looks awesome... nice work Stern. Guys saying there is nothing original.... uuugh.. cmon fellas, do you want them to put the flippers at the top of the PF or something.. I like it.

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You must be new here.
Actual distributor price is always a good bit lower than msrp.

I know that Levi you crazy sob. So I am guessing around 5700

#570 6 years ago

Although im a huge gotg fan. I really am disappointed that stern does not engineer new mechs and toys. They just reuse and reuse. Groot reminds me of stern IJ. Rocket kickback just like IM. Would love to see something unique and never done before. Oh well game still looks fun.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

This thing looks awesome... nice work Stern. Guys saying there is nothing original.... uuugh.. cmon fellas, do you want them to put the flippers at the top of the PF or something.. I like it.

Better question: Do you NOT want them to do anything new?

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I know that Levi you crazy sob. So I am guessing around 5700

Sld be 5200-5400

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

I'm thinking... Yondu - Michael Rooker

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I'am not a gotg nerd, don't now the movie that mutch.

I typically dislike Marvel movies and the pins that coincide with them. GotG is different though. I loved both movies, completely dug the soundtrack (both the score as well as the 70s pop music), and found it to be on par with films like Star Wars. It's a cool, slick story and the movies are great way to forget about life for a couple of hours .

I'm kind of mixed on this pin. If it doesn't have any of the 70s music, it'll feel like it's missing something to me at least.

Still, I think it's gonna sell like gangbusters regardless. It certainly looks cool .

#575 6 years ago

We have a date set for mid/late Nov for the actual game-play pending no further changes.
It'll be promo'd on Twitch's front page carousel, and theme alone, should garner a lot of attention.
I'm super stoked to get to show this one off!

Franchi nailed the art!

#576 6 years ago

5200 shipped to your door
edit: best I found was 5400

#577 6 years ago

Looks like there is one Danesi Lock.
Groot toy looks cool.
Very Iron Man/Metallica layout - not that it is a bad thing.
Looks like it maybe fun. Will definitely try it out.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

True. It’s pinball. What hasn’t been done before? There can’t/won’t be a game changing innovation on every game.

If you want to see some real genius in playfield layout, look at the left / right loop shots on Dialed In - the overlapping metal ramps combined with the ramp lock shot. Never done before.

The point is, you can innovate if you try. Or you can put another bash toy in the middle, that works too.

GOTG looks fine. Art is a little busy but fine. Standard fan, nothing really mind blowing. Non-interactive toy. Probably plays okay, nothing crazy. In short, it’s safe. Maybe they’ll surprise us with software but with Lonnie on it, probably not. All in all I am basically neutral on this one - I like the theme but nothing about the game stands out as a Must Buy.

I guess I’m glad they’re still making new machines. That’s good.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Pm me the distributor please.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On a side note, the Groot toy immediately made me think that Borg probably had something like that in mind for the prison on TWD. My guess is the ball lock was eliminated on TWD for budget reasons, and that's why we have the lame zombie bash target instead.

Borg told me that the original idea for the TWD prision was to have a turntable in there with multiple bash toys.

Also had an idea for a an actual bicycle girl that pushed out from under the left ramp instead of a bash head.

#581 6 years ago

it will be interesting to see the hi-rez photos to see the game in a lot more detail. kind of disappointed to see cheap, plastic ramps on the premium and LE, both machines should have had metal & wireforms

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

if that's the case, I might finally have to get a new in box game...

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Borg told me that the original idea for the TWD prision was to have a turntable in there with multiple bash toys.
Also had an idea for a an actual bicycle girl that pushed out from under the left ramp instead of a bash head.

Thanks goodness we got what we got. TWD is great, and the turntable on B66 is problematic at best. Sometimes simplicity is very much for the better.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

cmon fellas, do you want them to put the flippers at the top of the PF or something.. I like it.

Hell yes, do something new or like Banzaii Run something not done in the last 25 yrs

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If you want to see some real genius in playfield layout, look at the left / right loop shots on Dialed In - the overlapping metal ramps combined with the ramp lock shot. Never done before.
The point is, you can innovate if you try. Or you can put another bash toy in the middle, that works too.
GOTG looks fine. Art is a little busy but fine. Standard fan, nothing really mind blowing. Non-interactive toy. Probably plays okay, nothing crazy. In short, it’s safe. Maybe they’ll surprise us with software but with Lonnie on it, probably not. All in all I am basically neutral on this one - I like the theme but nothing about the game stands out as a Must Buy.
I guess I’m glad they’re still making new machines. That’s good.

Trudeau had wild ideas but they seldom worked. That's why Lawlor is who he is, he's got incredible layout design talent. I\ve mentioned this before, just look at one of his worst games Monopoly, the layout and shots are genius.

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sld be 5200-5400

I think you meant $4500-$4700. It's amazing how Stern's constant price hike starts make higher price points look reasonable.

#587 6 years ago

Man... Tough crowd, eh?

All Stern reservations aside, and through the eyes of someone who will only play it on location; this game looks fun. The movies were great, and it looks like the playfield and art do them both justice. Hopefully the callouts and music will fall into place. I love me a pinball machine that can make me laugh.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know nobody wants to hear it but licensing the music would be a nightmare - isn't the movie a greatest hits 80s playlist? The only hope would be a bunch of crappy cover versions and who got time for dat

Why can "Hollywood Records" license the tracks from the movie and sell a CD for $11 on Amazon, but Stern can't sell a $6,000 to $10,000 toy with the licensed music? I'm not saying Stern didn't try, it just seems that licensing is f*cked up?

https://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Galaxy-Awesome-Mix-Vol-1/dp/B00KLF5J64

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Why can "Hollywood Records" license the tracks from the movie and sell a CD for $11 on Amazon, but Stern can't sell a $6,000 to $10,000 toy with the licensed music?

Hollywood Records are distributed by Universal.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Why can "Hollywood Records" license the tracks from the movie and sell a CD for $11 on Amazon, but Stern can't sell a $6,000 to $10,000 toy with the licensed music?
amazon.com link »

Different types of licensing rights, I'm sure. I think selling 4,000 pinball machines would demand a higher cost per item to license than selling tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of CDs. I don't know though, just a guess. Licensing is weird and pretty dumb.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of CDs

2.5 million worldwide sales.

#592 6 years ago

You can call around but you won't find GOTG/AS/SW for this price anywhere. You're looking at over 5k for this PRO.

Quoted from 27dnast:

I think you meant $4500-$4700. It's amazing how Stern's constant price hike starts make higher price points look reasonable.

#593 6 years ago

Huge pat on the back to the first person to use Pinball Browser to insert Awesome Mix Vol 1 into the code and share with the community!

#594 6 years ago

Looks great, I'm definitely interested!

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Better question: Do you NOT want them to do anything new?

Great insightful question from you, let me think about that. ....You got me, I want 0 innovation.

Or you could try to look at this from a different perspective. The glass may be half full.

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Not saying its good price but thats what it is now unfortunately but at least it has color screen allready

#597 6 years ago

Its not going to be that easy that's for sure. Someone will do it no doubt to some effect, but lets see what the stock game sounds like first.

Quoted from kid_ego:

Huge pat on the back to the first person to use Pinball Browser to insert Awesome Mix Vol 1 into the code and share with the community!

#598 6 years ago

Who is coding this? My guess is Lonnie Ropp with the multipler inserts.

#599 6 years ago

Looks like a fun game, artworks looks good. What bothers me is that it's a reskin of IM and Met, nothing really new here. If there is no music, callouts or voices from the movies, that will be a big disappointment. Already not happy jjpotc lacks some of these.

#600 6 years ago

I'm still interested as it's one of my favorite themes... don't see a huge reason to pick premium over pro. Both art packages look nice. A little disappointed there is no licensed songs on the pin as far as I can tell. Waiting for the DeadFlip video for a final decision.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/12?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.