50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 86.
#501 6 years ago

Feature matrix says movie score.

That probably means no licensed songs, which is a huge miss for me.

#502 6 years ago

Confused

Light (resized).pngLight (resized).png

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry to ask but what is the Danesi lock?
Thanks

Since nobody seems to be helpful here: they refer to “the Denesi lock” as the physical ball lock for multiball on Total Nuclear Annihilation. Scott Danesi designed this game and the ball lock is awesome and unique.

Take a look at some gameplay videos like the one from Deadflip and watch closely to the ball being locked in the upper right part of the playfield. Has nothing to do with Star Trek ball lock.

#505 6 years ago

Yes also noticed this. Seems like a typo. Multicolored GI on Prem/LE only.

#506 6 years ago

It says in the matrix:
Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale.

Quoted from halflip87:

I would think if it did, it would have been mentioned in the feature matrix, so I'd be inclined to say no. I can only imagine what the licensing costs would be to get a bunch of songs from the movie.
-Doug

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Relax dude. Go take a cold shower and come back pls

Edit... "color" of the shower seems to be inappropriate.
... still - the LE is golden... and no politics on pinside.

#508 6 years ago

It's another cookie cutter pinball game from Borg. Not much you can do with a pinball machine layout, though. They are all going to look the same, I suppose.

#509 6 years ago

Even if it's just the movie score and not all the legendary songs from the OST, isn't it easy enough to swap and upload your own these days?

#510 6 years ago

My big complain is this game really looks like Metallica. It appears like Stern did not give time to their designers to innovate or if designers earn money on each pin sold and so it is easier/Safier to do with rehashed games that already been successful

Or... they said "this really, really worked... let's build from there"

It is not without precedent.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That probably means no licensed songs, which is a huge miss for me.

Though getting a dozen songs from the 70s licensed would be a pain, it's a focal point of the movie, and I think the biggest miss so far (much more than the Pro not having a $10 spinner).

The movie starts with the Awesome Mix, ends with him getting Awesome Mix 2, and the Walkman is tied to the plot many times in the middle. I was hoping either for a Walkman toy to change songs, or have it on the backpanel (ACDC), or even on the screen (still possible). But if it's not the Awesome Mix, it's not the Awesome Mix!

Edit - Still think the game looks great though, esp. the Pro. Will be excited to play it, and will be hoping every buyer out there knows how to use Pinball Browser.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

isn't the movie a greatest hits 80s playlist?

60's and 70's? But yeah, would have been pricey, I'm sure. Original movie had an original score by Tyler Bates which the matrix eludes to.

#513 6 years ago

This is like other stern prem/les (XMEN, and others) where they use a number of colored bulbs (red, white and blue) to enhance GI.
This does not mean the GI is RGB.
The PRO will have white GI only.

Quoted from Koos:

Yes also noticed this. Seems like a typo. Multicolored GI on Prem/LE only.

#514 6 years ago

Movie scores are cool. Love the music in Iron Man and don't really care that the rock songs are missing.

#515 6 years ago

What means please in the feature matrix:

« Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale »

No movie musics?

#516 6 years ago

no Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil on the pro i'm surprised they left the $3 (static) figurine in there.
2 Spinners missing on the pro, oh that's a big $20.
Ramp decals at ramp entrances missing, oh boy another $3.
and no big blocking hands on the pro. not a bad thing.
missing rbb pop bumpers led, big deal.

on the other hand LE gets over premium;
Production limited to 600 machines... suuuuuure.
Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern... lol
Designer Autographed by game designer John Borg...
Serialized number plate... a $4 (probably less) piece of metal
Shaker Motor... worth the extra ca$h
mirror backglass... worth the extra ca$h

for 3k more, hmmmmm

#517 6 years ago

Sounds like the only thing I'd really miss on the pro are the spinners; because spinners are fun at all times.

#518 6 years ago

I don't mind that it's like MET and IM mash up. It's a proven layout, what will make the game is music, callouts, rules and lightshow. Lets see how they sum it up. I mean it's hand drawn art, with sculpted toys and LCD. I just hope the rules and multiplier bullshit are not borrowed from GOT or SW.....please god..please.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

no Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil on the pro i'm surprised they left the $3 (static) figurine in there.
and no big blocking hands on the pro. not a bad thing.
missing rbb pop bumpers led, big deal.
on the other hand LE gets over premium;
Production limited to 600 machines... suuuuuure.
Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern... lol
Designer Autographed by game designer John Borg...
Serialized number plate... a $4 (probably less) piece of metal
Shaker Motor... the only thing worth the extra ca$h

At least it gets a shaker. They haven't done that for an LE in a while. They should throw in their glass while they're at it. And you forgot to add the "beautiful" mustard armor on the LE. Certainly worth the extra jing.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know nobody wants to hear it but licensing the music would be a nightmare - isn't the movie a greatest hits 80s playlist? The only hope would be a bunch of crappy cover versions and who got time for dat

Pinball Browser to the rescue as usual

#521 6 years ago

What means please in the feature matrix:
« Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale »
No movie musics?

No pop/rock songs, just instrumental score from the films. Pretty much anybody could have told you this would be the case, it would be impossible for Stern to license pop/rock songs on any kind of a budget.

#522 6 years ago

I wouldn't buy the LE because I wouldn't want Gary's or Borg's sig on my PF.

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

2nd line - Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale.
Sooooooo, no Come and Get Your Love playing while I hit targets to kick little space squirrels???

Thanks for posting it but but fuck do I hate these matrix charts from Stern. Could they make it any harder or more confusing. You basically have to hold a ruler up to the screen to try and line shit up.

#524 6 years ago

Beautiful looking game, but I would not want to play it hung over.

#525 6 years ago

The LE also includes inner art blades

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Movie scores are cool. Love the music in Iron Man and don't really care that the rock songs are missing.

It's a huge part of the GOTG personality tho. But - I do love the main score theme, so like IM and Tron, the music will be a mix of movie score and original score.

People will be disappointed tho. Friggin' Mustang had licensed songs. Shrek had All-Star.

#527 6 years ago

This game has the potential to be a big hit. Art, toys and layout look great.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Yes these things are a small cost. But think about why they do not include them on the pro. The more people that complain about them not being there and how much they want them would make me say hey lets put them on the premium to try and get pro buyers to upgrade to a premium.

Its about sales and making you spend more. If they gave you eveything you want in a pro why would you buy a premium?

#529 6 years ago

No Rocket Raccoon manning a canon to shoot the ball?
I would think Drax statue would be more suitable for a ball kickback instead of Rocket standing there.

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

This game has the potential to be a big hit. Art, toys and layout look great.

No reason this wouldn't do well in a barcade or on location.

#531 6 years ago

LE also has a mirrored backglass.

#532 6 years ago

Does the pro come with the inner side blades.

#533 6 years ago

I found Drax!

gotg11 (resized).jpggotg11 (resized).jpg

#534 6 years ago

Here's a song from the 70s that fits the theme perfectly. This one is dedicated to all of you with wide eyes and tight pants...

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

LE also has a mirrored backglass.

boom there you go, another $150 cost (and i'm generous).

shaker, backglass and yellow mustard trims are not worth 3k more.

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does the pro come with the inner side blades.

Yes, one coat of black paint.

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

boom there you go, another $150 cost (and i'm generous).
shaker, backglass and yellow mustard trims are not worth 3k more.

You guys play this silly Bill of Materials game every time a machine is announced.

We KNOW there isn't $3,000 worth of "stuff" in an LE that a pro doesn't have. Talk about missing the point.

The LE is for people who need the LE of everything and don't care that their accountant might point out they aren't exactly getting their "money's worth."

The Premium is for people who want the extra "stuff" but are willing to pay a bit less without the "limited" cache.

The Pro is for people who don't care about the extra "stuff" and want a new pinball machine for $5500. This formula has been in play for almost a decade at this point.

None of it is for anybody who really cares about "bill of material." If you want to get your "money's worth" build you own game, you won't waste a cent.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Yes, one coat of black paint.

Bahahaha

#539 6 years ago

Premium over pro

Groot arms
Rocket figure on a coil (not static)
Opening and closing orb (not static)
3 playfield magnets not 1
RGB pop bumpers
2 spinners
2 ramp decals
EX slide rails
Steel support rails not pegs
RGB inserts on all inserts not just arrows
Color changing GI (Red White Blue)

LE over premium

Gary Signed
Borg Signed
Number plate
Shaker motor
Gold armor
Different sideart
Different mirrored backglass
Inner art blades

#540 6 years ago

I would imagine the LE is also used to subsidize the PRO. There's not much profit in the PRO if you look at the margins with the distributors.
So PRO buyers like me - say thank you to the LE buyers

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys play this silly Bill of Materials game every time a machine is announced.
We KNOW there isn't $3,000 worth of "stuff" in an LE that a pro doesn't have. Talk about missing the point.
The LE is for people who need the LE of everything and don't care that their accountant might point out they aren't exactly getting their "money's worth."

#541 6 years ago

At first glance, the location of shots looks near identical to MET. The Rocket kickback is similar to the inline three drops in MET. The Groot head is where Sparky is located. The drop target is where the snake and hammer are located but one less shot in GOTG. The ramp and orbit locations appear to be about the same between MET and GOTG as well as the scoop and Fuel shots.

gotg (resized).pnggotg (resized).png

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sounds like the only thing I'd really miss on the pro are the spinners; because spinners are fun at all times.

Agreed, I'd trade a pop bumper for spinner or two any day of the week.

#543 6 years ago

I thought there would be 400 LE, maybe 500, and certainly not 600.

No rush at all as LE are not going to sell out quick.

From what I have seen so far, it is now going to be easy to sit back and watch how the game plays and to WAIT FOR FINISHED CODE

#544 6 years ago

Bear in mind that one thing we have not seen any sign of yet is how well the theme is integrated using the screen.

#545 6 years ago

I'm not huge on the theme, but game looks cool. Wish SW had all these toys and magnets. May actually have to consider getting this one. Hopefully game plays great. Definitely cool looking.

#546 6 years ago

No mention of any custom call outs......

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

i am not missing the point, stern does.

#548 6 years ago

If I understand the features matrix correctly, it is only the first GOTG movie (nothing from the second), the game will not have songs from the movie (all new music) but the game will have voices and clips from the movie (similar to Star Wars). No word on custom pinball related callouts yet.

#549 6 years ago

Sucks that spinners are missing from the pro. That will be the only real noticeable thing missing, I feel. Yeah, the lighting is going to be way better on the premium, but that doesn't change gameplay the way spinners do.

#550 6 years ago

The matrix says 8 missions, so I guess about the depth of Aerosmith....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/11?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.