34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This quickly reached Apple user levels of "ridiculous high expectations". At least you can universally expect disappointment this way.

Please don;t bring Apple into this; It takes away form the point this is a Pinside problem.
Once again, dream journals are out and the scribbling is going down.
Dear DJ,
I've heard recycling layouts is upsetting people now, but I can;t wait for the new Borg game to come out.

Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I feel real confident the next stern whatever is will be really done well . They are feeling the heat from everywhere right now.

So how long does it take to design and make a pinball machine? Because Stern has been "feeling the heat" since Expo which was last week. Unless you mean Star Wars heat which they probably didn;t feel at all.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

All in all, who cares about GOTG; Borg will nail it....

Can't agree there.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You dont think Borg is good with his theme integrations??

I don't think because it's Borg it means it's a good machine or he'll "nail" it.
I don't think he nailed AS, basically a retheme of Kiss which I didn't think was that great to begin with. And I like the star child area more than AS.
TWD & MET are great, but that was a hot minute ago.

The best part of the "integration" for me was the art, which he didn't do.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

. Or do you think he just copy+paste KISS and said ok, you guys do the rest?
Why do you think SR always has the crap art packages? Can’t be coincidence.

You have fair points in there for sure...but it all depends on what angle you take. "Theme integration" is a pretty wide spectrum I guess. As you probably know from all our talk on GOT the topic really isn't that big of a deal to me. I'd rather end up with a great playing game like SW than "better theme integration" like Kiss or AS. I mean hey, Metallica is the lamest shit I can think of and one of the best games.

As for what he does I think he cop/ Pasted Kiss = AS and they talked aboot the 70s art and inserts etc etc. Do I think it's a massive genius leap to make a 70s band have 70s art? Not really. Is it amaze balls to make a Kiss game and reuse/update the alreafdy made Kiss art from it; not really. AS some of it is great, obviously AS looks fantastic, but the animations are laughable (literal "toys" in a literal "attic" I'm not ready to say is great work). So do we just say "he they're just learning how to do LCDs so we'll give him a pass on that?" I don't know is my only point. I just don;t blindly agree because someone is making a game it's going to be great. They ALL have hits and misses like any artist does.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the AS animations Law!

That's my point...in the eye of the beholder, You never know!

I gotta see GOTG 2 in a hurry before the pin spoils it!

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Some people will bitch about anything, especially here on pinside.

Haha...Still just opening your mouth to suck anything Stern does eh? Slurp slurp as usual.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did someone say something? I didn't think so

They wont kick you out of Stern Army for being a critical thinker. Not everything anyone does is gold.

Quoted from Hazoff:

SW is certainly in great shape code wise for being a few months old and was pretty god damn good out of the box.

I agree overall but the latest update being pulled for screwing up games doesn't help.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

both of those pins are great at least the pro versions for me, how did they drop the ball?

Art I guess? No Idea, GOT is awesome. And the code update that finished everything came pretty quick as i remember it.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't even know that, my pro is running fine.

Yeah mine too...it might just be prem/LE fork issues but they took 92 down and rolled back .89. And mayeb a board fry or 2...I saw one at least

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Any idea when GOTG will be announced?

2 weeks as I hear

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok, who cares about the reveal? I couldn't care less, never been to an expo and I never will.

People here think reveals are very important, but in the overall scale they probably aren't.
Most likely because Pinside thinks it's the center of the pinball world when in reality it is not. These people keep flapping their gums aboot he reveal and regular people don;t give 2 shits. I've neevr seen a reveal, and I've ordered a few NIB games.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And if it gets it's own hype thread on pinside that goes five pages, it is almost a given it will turn out lame.

I think it has to go more than that....haha remember BG had like 1000 pages! What a shit show that was. You'd think after that people would learn not to just go balls deep on a theme but you know what we're dealing with here.

Odin I got a new PF to swap on my King & Queens in the next month...looking forward to that

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The guys I played pinball with when I was a young lad were all longhairs and far from being geeks, we were helliards but so far in my pinball experience its mostly nerds, this might be why ur hating most of the themes, I know I do.

It's all fucking families now.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I watched the trailers. As soon as it hits FX channel I'll get high as a kite and see if it amuses me.

It's a fun popcorn muncher. #1 is far from great but entertain(t)ing. Def worth an FX'er

Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm with ya but man its tough to take you serious when ur avatar is "The Monopoly Guy"

Money Bags knows the real goddamn rules to monopoly that's for sure. Could teach people a lesson or 2... not buying properties when you land on them? Um no, read the rules hippee!

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

... Revenge of the Nerds, now there's a film.

10000%. And we just lost Bernie Casey too

#321 6 years ago

Should always be an option for OPs...no thanks on one in my home.

#371 6 years ago

Star wars is actually really fun. Maybe all the Theme Warriors won't by so puss hurt by their childhood being ruined and give it a chance and like it.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...so, I just tried to play it "for the flow" and enjoy it for what it is.
A few things made it really difficult to just play and enjoy:

That was your first problem, using buzz words like "flow."

Quoted from Rarehero:

-The mode scoop CONSTANTLY shoots the ball straight down the middle....

I don't know maybe location games? First off, the original setting for the mystery scoop is BEYOND piss poor. It shoots it out at a frantic random pace that is completely lame. Quick adjustment setting lowering it at home it pops out the same way every time. I don;t know or care what they intended there, I changed it so it's like a normal pinball machine acts.

Quoted from Rarehero:

-It seems like almost every shot you make causes the GI to go dark/flicker/strobe. Since almost every shot whips the ball back at the flippers, this makes enjoying the flow impossible...as your eyes are distracted by the constant flicker effect.

Uff the flow...you're killing me. Don't know though...never noticed any flickering/strobing with my game but I've never suffered from that much to be honest.

Quoted from Rarehero:

-What's up with the fork that pops up in the horseshoe shot? ...

Yeah not a Prem+ buyer so don't know much aboot the nascar/turbo charger other than I'd never pay for it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

The one thing I got to happen that I thought was clever was the light saber battle...I like how the GI and inserts reflect the colors of the light sabers...that was a super clear and concise mode.

I think the coloring of shots, with the newer updates mind you, are done somewhat well. Like GOT diff'rent colors for diff'rent qualifiers and all that....but it takes a hot minute (or 60) to learn. I know you mention a lot what an average Joe responds to a game but that has never interested me. But to that end these games to seem pretty in depth for someone just walking up.
I find the multipliers in SW the least confusing thing! There are still modes that have lights lit and I hit them and the mode does not end...it can be confusing.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's a buzz word?

Yes. It's not as bad as "world under glass" but it needs to be retired.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A “world under glass” is a real thing, and very important for a pinball machine.

For the newer breed it is. Their world also includes gluing dolls on their games & adding nauseating colored lighting to everything until the game is a glowing trash heap. Good for them if it makes them happy, but if you really need a bunch of shit everywhere to make you "get into" playing a game or "feeling immersed", you're just a shitty player and I can't relate with that.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The theme and all of those colored lights is what attracts people to the game and in a home environment especially, it pretty awesome to look at the world under glass.

Yes that's what attracts my 16 month old Daughter to them. Personally I play the fucking things, not stare at them clapping and smiling at colored lights like a caveman.

Play a good EM with a friend...you don't need anything futuristic to get into a game. A good ball is a great feeling on it's own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 25.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.