34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm already disappointed in Stern's implementation of GotG. The best they will do is stick a small toy on it. The code will be "complete" by their standards, but will lack heart. It will be SPIKE, which is cheaper for Stern and more expensive for the customer. It will include ever cheapening cabinetry and sub-par playfields. Maybe they even decide that those shitty pegs are so shitty they shouldn't be there. Another reduction in leg thickness.
I'd love for the game to be great. But I doubt it will be. I love my Stern games, but I can't buy on just hope. I need value, and they stopped providing it. I really am expecting them to say they have custome voice work in the game... but by Groot, so every single call can be "I am Groot".

Wishing GOTG exceeds expectations, but look at the track record. Star Wars doesn't even have 1.0 code yet and the last update f'd the game up.

Spike is questionable. Spike 2 is plain awful.

Have not even thought about the play field.

never-try (resized).pngnever-try (resized).png

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Stern has proved that NIB is a risk and code is a whole other story....caveat emptor. No Sterns for me unless the code is done and it is on the secondary market.

Here here. They've dropped the ball on BM66 (don't really care) and Star Wars (I care). Now their code not even at 1.0 code and they're blowing up their own boards.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They didn't drop the ball on SW its amazing, and code feels complete at .92, how many boards have blown up? I haven't had one issue with my game, what the hell r u talking about , please explain.

First off, it's good that your game plays correctly. They've pulled the code from the website you, so you're "hitting on 17" in Blackjack there. Cross fingers.

As far as Star Wars...

- Botched reveal from Star Wars folks themselves (10 days or so too early
- Sub-par art (Hiring designers just out of school to do the art)
- Whack-a-mole button sitting in space (no dressing)
- Tie Fighter on a spring (very realistic!)
- No magnets under play field (Despite THE FORCE as an obvious feature)
- No video allowed for Euro reveal (because shit wasn't working?)
- LEs not sold out (maybe now? but people are selling them at a loss)
- Prem/LE need to be perfectly pitched & leveled in order for the the hyperspace loop to work (even then there are issues)
- Node board / fork ramp failures on .92 and .91 code, so a rollback to .89 is recommended (of course it took a week to communicate this)
- Not yet on 1.0 code months after release

And still...NO CLEAR COMMUNICATION if at all from the company. Yes there's a FB "we're working on it" but we've seen that before.

This release comes on the heels of split cabs for AS and GB, plus the Ghostbusters play field ghosting debacle. Oh, and BM66 being shown without code at its release (EXCITEMENT). Does BM66 have 1.0 code yet?

I'm not bothered by anything above really. I'm not a Stern NIB buyer anymore.

BUT I'm their market. They need to convert non-buyers into buyers. They don't know how to do that. They feel more communication will lead to more headaches than staying silent. It's a painfully obvious business strategy. They don't know how to deal with the home use market, hence the "ghosting" language in manuals. They need the distributor layer as a shield.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Play two machines myself, one at a local bar, one at a friends. Both running lastest code, no blown boards.
Why are you obsessed with the number of the code? It could be .0000000000001 for all I care. The latest one that dropped a couple weeks ago was massive and really swayed how I feel about the game. Have you played it, or are you just bumping your gums?

Um I'm responding because I was asked.

Yes I've played the pro. Want to try the LE but been to busy to make it over to play it.

Not obsessed with code number, but it indicates the development stage. Code runs the freakin' game, y'know?

If you like it that's all that matters, but I'm not talking about whether you like your game or not.

This is bigger company picture. Maybe Banker is right.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions/page/5#post-4027875

#350 6 years ago

Co....stan-za.

costanza (resized).pngcostanza (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's a buzz word? It's a Steve Ritchie game...isn't "flow" what he does first and foremost? I'm not a "flow hoe" ...but since his last few games barely have any features and contain rules I don't like - that's pretty much all that's there for me to potentially enjoy if I put in a few bucks.

Orbitor I technically has the most flow so congrats Joe Joos Jr.! (aka Triple J)

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Orbitor 1 has the most FLOAT!

Can't spell FLOAT without FLO

Quoted from Who-Dey:

A “world under glass” is a real thing, and very important for a pinball machine. I do believe that GOTG is going to give us that world under glass feeling that SW didn’t.

Why?

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Word on the street is they will be using the Kidz Bop versions of all those great songs.
» YouTube video

Are there Kidz Bop versions of Hanson songs? Asking for a friend.

#526 6 years ago

Caps added...

talk-amongst-yourselves (resized).jpgtalk-amongst-yourselves (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.04 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.24 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.26.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.26.56 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.53 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.53 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.40 AM (resized).png

#621 6 years ago

Pro
GOTG PRO GAMEpage (resized).pngGOTG PRO GAMEpage (resized).png
Premium
SmallGameiconGOTG_Premium (resized).pngSmallGameiconGOTG_Premium (resized).png

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmm. I see the wireform in the back, it's partially blocked by the Infiniti Stone.

Well, whatever you do, don't touch that stone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.