(Topic ID: 200529)

Guardians of the Galaxy Hype thread!


By Who-Dey

2 years ago



Topic Stats

  • 744 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Will you be buying Guardians of the Galaxy?”

  • Hell yes, take my money now Gary!! 37 votes
    8%
  • If it's good quality and done right I will 163 votes
    37%
  • No way, this theme sucks 44 votes
    10%
  • Not buying any more Stern games 193 votes
    44%

(437 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 49 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Groot_1 (resized).png
GOTG confirm (resized).PNG
AS Black and Purple (resized).PNG
GB Green (resized).PNG
GB black (resized).PNG
ASLE (resized).PNG
AS armor (resized).PNG
SDTM info (resized).PNG
34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extremepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

14
#193 2 years ago

I was one of the 8% who voted "take my money".

Why? Because I'm an operator, not a collector. I "speculate" that this TITLE will earn very well in my tourist locations because of the license/franchise. And although I love the movies, I have absolutely no emotional investment into this.

Therefore, I'm willing to "risk" my money today, on the future earnings of this title. I would suspect that other, likely larger, operators might agree.

To my point, just based on the current votes, it would appear that at best, 10% of the respondents are operators, while the remaining 90% are collectors who are tired of seeing themselves, or other collectors, suffer from ongoing disappointment.

The collector market continues to be shifting to JJP and other boutiques, while Stern obviously has no competition at the near $5k operator level, which is where I purchase my operator equipment.

I just don't think Stern can survive on operators alone, so they really need to step up their quality to retain/regain the collector market.

Of course, I could be completely wrong too. But I'm buying a pair of pros anyway.

1 week later
#543 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Except that the distros usually want to charge you 3% for using a credit card...which is a bummer.

Just wondering... It was my understanding that a company can offer a discount for cash, but cannot charge more for using CC. When did charging a retail customer extra for using a CC become decriminalized?

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As soon as we cleared it dimples everywhere. Categorically wasn't the wood, so must have been the clear.

You should easily be able to support this statement by showing dimpling on the inserts.

On the 34 or so pins I still own, I've yet to see a dimpled insert. Therefore I would be in agreement with CaptainNeo, until other such evidence is presented.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnstown, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extremepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside