34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

I hope Borg/Lyman but this is only my wish.

#13 6 years ago

I wanna add that I hope Stern to make it right. At the same price between LE, there is no match in my opinion between JJP and Stern. So i’m a potential buyer of a GOTG but It should give me for my money. However, I will pass or wait for the second market.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Theme wise, I would love to see the following:
- the Milano
- Knowhere
- Yondu and the ravagers
- dancing groot topper
- an amazing licensed soundtrack with hits from starlord's walkman
- Cosmo the space dog
- Nova corps
Gameplay wise, I am hoping for:
- No ship on a bouncy spring.
- Physical ball locks in either Knowhere or the Milano
- A couple fast orbits
- A ball trick like Mist multiball where you have to knock the ball loose like attacking the Dark Aster
- Sounds from the actors or at least a good impersonator
- Actual movie clips
If it's movie based, which is probably is, I'm not sure how the villains will go. Ronan the Accuser is a decent villain, but you can't really combine that with the GotG2 movie. I also don't know if the parts of the Ego storyline they used for the movie will really fill out a full pin experience.

i just hope (kind of dream):
- hand drawn playfield artwork
- original layout playfield, not something that the same day of the reveal a pinside member posts here a pic with GOTG playfield vs another one...i mean creative layout!!!
- original movies musics, clips, callouts
- 3 flippers, 3 (metal) ramps (oh oh oh), subway, magnet and some great interactive toys with ball
- stacking multiballs. i also like the concept of AS multiball
- good flow
- Borg/Lyman team

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm already disappointed in Stern's implementation of GotG. The best they will do is stick a small toy on it. The code will be "complete" by their standards, but will lack heart. It will be SPIKE, which is cheaper for Stern and more expensive for the customer. It will include ever cheapening cabinetry and sub-par playfields. Maybe they even decide that those shitty pegs are so shitty they shouldn't be there. Another reduction in leg thickness.
I'd love for the game to be great. But I doubt it will be. I love my Stern games, but I can't buy on just hope. I need value, and they stopped providing it. I really am expecting them to say they have custome voice work in the game... but by Groot, so every single call can be "I am Groot".

i think you are ready to open another thread in few month:

"DaveH is a hypocrite!! GOTG in da house!"

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

God bless you guys who can still get excited about a NIB Stern. Unless they do a 180, there isn't any way I'm buying a new Stern pin. And this is coming from a guy that grew up collecting comics, has owned IM, SM, Avengers, and Wolverine pinballs, and has a theater room filled with Marvel stuff. They had 2 amazing themes in Avengers and Star Wars and crapped the bed with both. So my confidence in them doing right with GOTC isn't very high. I hope I'm wrong and its a killer game.

the advantage of being pessimistic is to be pleasantly surprised at the end

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why would you post something like that? Because yes, that's how you get people in trouble. Things told to you in confidence at shows aren't meant to be blasted onto the internet where Stern reads them.

I see your point but if it is so confidential why not just dodge his question?

#94 6 years ago

According to you, when do you think the next Stern game would be announced?

#133 6 years ago

i think average art package (got and sw) or awful as you said if you compare with DY job.
i agree with you and so when you see what JJP can do at the same price (LE vs LE), you wonder why would i buy a (empty) stern game while i can have much more (stuff) and better integration theme with JJP.
i hope Stern asking this question to himself too.

#135 6 years ago

everyone knows that it is a question of will and financial.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I do and I'm glad I did, they are amazing, if ur one of the "world under the glass" geeks then ok I guess I get that but thats the last thing of my list as to what makes a pin fun or not. I don't care for TSPP, just doesn't do anything for me, DI looks great and plays well but another games that I just care for, IM, Tron, SW, GOT all pretty simple and as you put it "generic" but way more fun to me than many full featured pins out there.

Everybody does not have the same expectation when he buys a game. No winner, no loser. And everybody can change his expectations with experience player.
Some people just want a beautiful machine, or a deep rule sheet game, or a fully flowy game, or a mixt/nuanced game, theme....
Everybody has to find his grail(s)

#201 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I was one of the 8% who voted "take my money".
Why? Because I'm an operator, not a collector. I "speculate" that this TITLE will earn very well in my tourist locations because of the license/franchise. And although I love the movies, I have absolutely no emotional investment into this.
Therefore, I'm willing to "risk" my money today, on the future earnings of this title. I would suspect that other, likely larger, operators might agree.
To my point, just based on the current votes, it would appear that at best, 10% of the respondents are operators, while the remaining 90% are collectors who are tired of seeing themselves, or other collectors, suffer from ongoing disappointment.
The collector market continues to be shifting to JJP and other boutiques, while Stern obviously has no competition at the near $5k operator level, which is where I purchase my operator equipment.
I just don't think Stern can survive on operators alone, so they really need to step up their quality to retain/regain the collector market.
Of course, I could be completely wrong too. But I'm buying a pair of pros anyway.

Operators and collectors do not have the same expectations.
I agree with you, stern bases its success on the theme / license and not on quality, creativity, innovation (or only to built at lower cost) that collectors are highly requiring.
Now it is clear that JJP has another vision of pinball that fits much better to collectors expectations.
I hope GOTG will be built right coz I love this licence but when I look at SW pin I have a doubt.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Looking at SW is ur first mistake, play SW and u will be very happy.

i played a LE around 10 games so i can't really say the gameplay is crappy or awesome. i think it's an ok game, you know, it makes the job. but i can't prevent me to think that this game could have been..much better in any way.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I really doubt any of this is true. SW pro seems to be selling very well and doing great on location. They also I'm sure are doing well with AC/DC again. The most logical reasons are GOTG is not quite ready yet or GOTG was not even slated to be the next game. It's very possible that Trudeau was next in line as all of the rumors of stern not having a game at expo started shortly after his arrest.
Besides, Borg's games are typically loaded, especially at the pro level and JJP can't come close to competing with that price point.

If, i said IF, the SW pro seems to be selling very well as you say it is possible that main orders are coming from operators. The theme is so worldwide famous and touching at least 3 generations that i’m sure it must be great on location.
But as I said, operators and collectors do not have the same expectations and I don’t think this pin is selling well to collectors. (My opinion and maybe i’m wrong..)

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Listening to the albums and imagining playing pinball I would like these tracks - not going to happen though but hey, let's dream
David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
ELO - Mr Blue Sky
Sweet - Fox on the Run
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lake Shore Drive
Cheap Trick - Surrender
The Sneepers - Guardian Inferno
Wonder if we will get any??!
Not long to wait.
If all of above were in, I would break my Stern embargo and buy

You don’t care about artwork, gameplay, interactive toys, original layout, flow?

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

To be fair he owns a lot of stern games. I would probably agree with the exception of AS that the games are not quite as good since Met. Not bad games, but Met and AC/DC set a new standard of code and gameplay. It will be hard to live up to either of those but I have a good feeling about GOTG.

so i guess he would like Lyman as code lead.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL I guess Who Dey is still coming up with brilliant arguments about why my opinions on Stern's don't count? I don't see his posts so, whatevs. I can't even see this thread, but someone linked to it in another. Block loopholes hehe. He can check my collection and history. I've owned a good chunk of Sterns in my day and still own 7 now.

Lyman's on Elvira. From what I've heard, Tanio is on GOTG, which prob means Waison, too. Not sure who the lead is. I just hope they make it funny and fun and PINBALLY - not with "video game logic" which is Waison's instinct (X-Men original code, WWE).

If you are right I am a bit disappointed as I really wanted Lyman as code lead.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Wow, 333 posts thus far for a game that may not even be the next Stern release. I hope it's Iron Maiden myself.

that will be GOTG. sorry.
confirmed here by distributors.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pics and press release I'm told is next week.
Sounds like a Funhouse 2.0 Groot eats balls. I'm looking forward to seeing it but after Alien and JJPirates I'm tapped.
With everybody stepping up their game you're going to have to make one hell of a good game with good toys that's worth money for me to buy something for my collection.

Do you eventually know who is doing the code?

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so your saying nobody learned anything and will go back to buying games they havn't played.

Conception team (design and code), layout, artwork, features, toys can always tell you many things about the game and wake up hype for those who have lost it coz of last games.
That is human.
I don’t want to be extremist and say « never again ». I’m just way more selective in my choices and wait for a theme I love and first reviews ( about gameplay, quality issues). You know the last game I bought are Met pro led Nib 2-3 months ago and TWD le last year. So I knew all I needed to know about these games. I’m not a LE buyer so I’m not in the hurry to buy.

The hype now with this game is also to know how stern is answering to jjp potc.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

As time goes by those words from Gary about being able to sell SW's even if you only had lights in an empty box make more and more sense. Deliberate strategy in my opinion.
GOTG needs to be loaded as it won't sell on licence alone.
And competition is slowly taking bigger pieces of the pie.
Looking forward to the reveal, although sound/music may not be apparent this week as pictures only.

Maybe feature sheet? So maybe sound/music informations?

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Thank you for the link, Large Groot head ehhh...... Wonder if his head will be like the Hammer on Metallica Pre. Honestly hope the game doesn't revolve around Groot.
Well, can't wait for the reveal as I'm in for an LE.

you are IN before having seen it!?

you can be sure Stern is working for you.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

So GOTG appears to have the 3 magnets in the center like Addams Family and Groot and Rocket figures.

also one motor

but didn't manage yet to see if there was a third flipper or not

#547 6 years ago

yes! i think there is a least a third flipper.
i can see it on the video on the back of playfield. 8-9s.
if so can check, would be cool

upper right i think

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

yes! i think there is a least a third flipper.
i can see it on the video on the back of playfield. 8-9s.
if so can check, would be cool
upper right i think

Oups, it rather sounds like a pop bumper. silly I am!

So I don’t know if there is this third flipper or not.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Here are the rumors I've heard:
- The game is rumored to be shipping in November
- It is rumored the game will be at IAAPA in Orlando which takes place November 13-17th
- Rumors that John Borg designed it and Christopher Franchi is the artist
- Rumored to have three flippers
- Rumored to have three ramps
- Rumored to have a large Groot head that is possibly like Rudy on Funhouse and possibly eats pinballs
- Rumored that an upper flipper is used to hit the Groot head
- Rumored to have one of the best toppers ever
- Rumored to see the full reveal tomorrow
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-galaxy-rumor-round-jjp-pirates-new-info/

I hope you are right with the 3 flippers and ramps

#567 6 years ago

We can see 2 motors on the back. 2 toys?
Anyway one seems to be in the top center.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

FYI - changed the number of ramps from three to two on this post, as my source changed his/her mind

I guess this is the same with flipper

#583 6 years ago

Yes it is possible.
I saw also 2 motors underside. I guess 2 motorized toys or one toy + motorized standup target bank?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 25.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.