34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 6 years ago

I thought JT Iron Maiden was next? Not a problem if not, that is a total non-starter theme for me. GotG on the other hand would be an awesome theme for me and seems likely to be Borg?

#128 6 years ago

Well I have been wavering on whether to get a SW Premium or Metallica Premium. Maybe I will wait to see what GotG looks like before making that decision! I love the movies and think the music sound track and call-outs could be epic.

#137 6 years ago

That was never MSRP in the TSPP LOTR era! That was the absolute dirt low price ever from a low ball distributor. MSRP at that point was around $4300 or more.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's true. that's what we were paying. I shouldn't have used MSRP as that was only paid by the unknowing.

No problem. I remember a friend in Florida paying $3600 plus shipping for LOTR from Jersey Jack and that was a smokin deal. Down here in Florida pinball hadn't exploded yet the way it has now, so we got the short end of the stick if you weren't in the cool crowd. Speaking of which, here is a picture from APE in 2004. Good old BMI gaming - the king of MSRP was there. LOL.

Resize of APE 2004 021 (resized).jpgResize of APE 2004 021 (resized).jpg

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And Waison gives me zero confidence.

Yeah I really hope that Stern has been getting Keith to consult early on with the software and playfield designers on every game to give some good ideas and push them in the right direction. Creating code and developing cool rules related to the theme are two different things.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Guardians is a pretty fun theme I think, and it's a pretty good pinball theme.

This is a point that should not need defending, but you know what they say about opinions... Without doubt this is a really good choice by Stern, whether you are a fan of the movies or not. Personally I love the movies, so it's even better for me. Hopefully they pull off a great game. I agree that Borg and Nordman might be the best designers out there right now. I hope he takes a chance and goes to a very different layout this time around.

#338 6 years ago

You could never offer protectors as a factory option because they have to put it on before they populate the playfield. It would have to basically come uninstalled with the game and the buyer would put it on (or the distributor). Protectors come out for most games pretty quickly, so just put one on before you ever play if you feel that way. The old WMS games are all dimpled as hell so I don't see the big deal anyway.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Someone stated the JJP offered a factory installed playfield protector option on The Hobbit. If so, it can be done. I have done a lot of disassembly and underside drilling to install Cliffys and Mantis and Pinbits protectors, I'd just rather not do a top down disassembly to install or remove an wanted full playfield protector. However, I'd like the option to get one or not get one.

JJP is a boutique seller. Most of the games are sold and have an owner attached to each serial number before it is built. I doubt distributors who have some in stock will have them installed because there are some people who won't buy the game if there is a protector on.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#345 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Talked to Gary on saturday and he said too release was about soon.
IAAPA 13-17 november?

Yep IAAPA is the monster trade show here in Orlando. Free Play Florida is Nov 17-19, so we will hopefully get to see and play the game there too. Can't wait!

#442 6 years ago

Sheesh I should know better than to get excited when I see a bunch of new posts in a thread like this. Wake me up when there is some real hype and not just stream of consciousness babbling.

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

it’s going to shut most of the haters up.

Good luck with that. Haters gotta hate.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have this strange feeling that this game is going to be so epic

Yeah I hope so. This is a theme that I want to own.

#644 6 years ago

Anything is better than gold chrome, but yeah some other color would be nice

#673 6 years ago

I've always gotten the extra cost back when selling a premium or LE. For that simple reason I don't care what the difference in cost versus value is. I want the game with the spinners, RGB LEDs, etc, etc.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They look to be easily removed.

I'm a premium/LE guy. I hate to say it but I would have to agree with those thinking about removing the hands. Unless by some miracle they designed the game so they don't block the view... I would also be looking into modding/removing that plastic blocking view of the left lanes.

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If you are going to remove the hands off the premium, why not just buy a pro?? Probably a better art package anyway.

- Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil
- Motorized Orb mechanism opens and closes to reveal the illuminated Infinity Stone
- Three playfield magnets in the middle of the playfield to divert balls and create multiball chaos
- 3 RGB LED multicolor pop bumpers
- 2 spinners
- Ramp decals at ramp entrances
- All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access
- Powder-coated steel bottom arch
- RGB LED lighting for inserts throughout the playfield
- General illumination LED lighting (red, white, blue)

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn't the Pro Orb open?

Pro has: Orb toy (static) in open position with illuminated Infinity stone

#693 6 years ago

Too bad they learn things the hard way, but the the cabinets are sure sturdy as hell now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,495 (Firm)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.