34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 6 years ago

nobody can ever buy based upon theme. Unfortunately, after seeing how badly they dropped the ball on star wars and GOT, My expectations are low. but it doesn't matter to me either way. GOTG is fantastic theme. The movies are fantastic. But it's going to be on the shitty Spike system, which I refuse to buy ever again. Plus i'm sure the price point is going to be outrageous so the point it mute anyway.

I love GOTG, but don't give a shit about what stern does with it.

#132 6 years ago

Both on GOT and SW the art package is god awful. Playfields are cheap and uneventful looking. No real toys or anything great on either one. Yes the rules on both GOT and SW is deep, but the games are so empty and generic, who wants to put any time in to get really involved. Both were great themes that could have had a ton of innovation and cool stuff on them. Instead they decided to go back to the econo years and make it look like rolling stones. Sad.

#134 6 years ago

but we know stern can do better. We have seen it and we have seen it on a level when the MSRP was $3400.

TSPP chalked full of toys and shots
GB- great art package, unique layout overall great looking
MET- fantastic art package Little bland on layout uniqueness, but at least it has eventful toys
TF- looks fantastic, all kinds of toys
RBION- Tons of stuff on the field

Besides the econo games where they went extra cheap, (IM,CSI, NBA, BBH, RS, Nascar,) they are capable of doing much better. Some games you can tell they actually try, and others they halfass just to get something new out the door. It's just disappointing when they halfass the major themes people are looking forward to.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That was never MSRP in the TSPP LOTR era! That was the absolute dirt low price ever from a low ball distributor. MSRP at that point was around $4300 or more.

that's true. that's what we were paying. I shouldn't have used MSRP as that was only paid by the unknowing.

#168 6 years ago

Will "I am groot" be the new "shoot the pyramid"? Time will tell.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Star Wars certainly should have been better IMO but I wouldn't say that they dropped the ball on it. I don't understand why they didn't really just deck the game out with killer toys and better art but it's still a really good game. I just think people were expecting it to be off the charts cosmetically and it wasnt.

it would have been nice to have a game even on a chart cosmetically.

GPS unit + Hatchimal + bobble tie = little effort.

#336 6 years ago

I hope they don't offer playfield protectors as a option. THat would be more shit I would demand reducing money on the secondary market, because now I have to pull that shit off the playfield. We have spent years trying to get rid of all the mylar that's been put on playfields, and now people are going back and doing it all over again.

SO just makes more work for us when we buy used games. It's bad enough all the work these newbs are doing to games with all the damn shitty colored LED's in the GI's. Then people that know what they are doing have to go back and do all the work to change it back to what it should be.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Once the press release comes out and teaser pics come out everyone's gonna lose their shit so if you don't have a game or two sold already by the weekend to fund this game you've been warned.
Star Wars will be old news.
"Always be prepared"
There's some hype for you

so your saying nobody learned anything and will go back to buying games they havn't played.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Where's my checkbook!

I really hope that's a joke. Nobody should be buying games from a picture. Even if the field is complete and you see the whole game. People need to start waiting till they play this stuff. The games arn't going anywhere. What the hell is the rush? History has proven LE's don't mean shit, so why rush? Buying slow is smart money.

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TAKE MY MONEY NEO!!!

don't make me have to give you a thumbs down.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Yes, it's a joke. I never use checks any more, I always put pins on my credit card.

1% cashback. smart

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Except that the distros usually want to charge you 3% for using a credit card...which is a bummer.

do they? that sucks. Never bought a game with credit.

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Problem is I feel Star Wars price hike was unjustified. Again only my opinion....but if they raise the price it would feel almost like double dipping. If they can manage to not raise the price at all and leave it at SW price level then they'll get praise instead of getting hammered on price.

all their price hikes are unjustified. It's not like the games magically shot up in production costs on every release. If anything, with how cheap spike system is for them to make, the price should have went down. Reason they wanted spike, is because it's dirt cheap for them to make. Do we get a price break now because of the cheap ass spike system? Nope. Not only is there no price break, but a price hike. SO we get a shit board system, a disposable game 10 years from now and have to pay more to even buy it.

#586 6 years ago

clearcoat has nothing to do with dimples. It's the wood underneath that dents, not the clear.

#613 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wonder if Groot had any trouble remembering his lines in the movie?

It's Vin Diesel so I wouldn't be surprised if he had to look at the sheet several times during recording.

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

All judgments on Vin Diesel's acting ability (or lack thereof) aside, there's a neat little nugget regarding Groot's lines in the extras of the GotG2 Blu-ray. Apparently director James Gunn gave Diesel an eyes-only script that contains exactly what Groot is supposed to be saying in each of his scenes. Supposed to help ol' Vin convey the correct emotion or context....
Later,
EV

yeah, I saw that too. I was just making fun of Vin Diesel, because he usually annoys me in every movie he's in, except GOTG.

#641 6 years ago

the gold is terrible. I'd think a candy apple blue would look good.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, NOT a fan of the gold... Sux to have to spend the $ on the LE to just have to replace the legs etc... But that's what I will probably wind up doing.

why get the LE then? Just get the premium and customize it. Save yourself a bunch of money. Powdercoating is cheap. I can get a 9 piece set of armor/legs for under $300. (including the hardware). Any color I want. Shit is dirt cheap.

#710 6 years ago

that powder gold looks like complete ass in general. If they are going to do that, they should have done them in brass so it matches the lettering on the cabinet. Then I could see it. or if they put it on the premium on purpose, just to get people to buy LE over premium.

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To be honest, nothing surprises me with Stern any more. They have turned the LE model into a waste of money now.
Rob

it always was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 19.95
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.