34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blacksun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 6 years ago

There are so many theme directions GOTG can go... Hoping it has more of an overall space theme and not just a single scene theme...

Also hoping they incorporate Thanos as he is the main villain/character in the next 2 upcoming Avengers movies...

Can't wait to see this reveal!!!

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

They will cheap out and not get the song licenses and this will effectively kill the game for me because the soundtrack IS the GOTG.

Agree, The music sets the tone for the movies and will as well for the games. But even if Stern were not to get the exact songs we might want we can always change them up... I have several friends that have changed up their Metallica's. I personally stil like all the songs on there so I have made any changes but nice to know you can....

#263 6 years ago

Surprised there haven't been any teaser pics from Stern.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You will have the same usual people that piss and moan saying stern still sucks, then you will have the people that claim they are waiting due to code/QC issues, then you will have the people that said they are never buying another stern that instantly order and LE, then you have the normal pinball people that will buy some version of it if all looks good.
I am going to be shocked in it doesn't turn out great. The first thing it will have going for it is great art. The artist made BM66 look pretty damn good with only a couple of weeks to work with. He's had as much time as needed on this one. It's a bright colorful theme and I will be shocked in the game is not stunning art wise. POTC looks ok to me art wise but I am not really fond of the cabinet art so I think GOTG has a great chance to beat out POTC in the art department. If rumors from inside stern are true then they have known they have something special with GOTG for a while now. Borg is pretty much the best pinball designer at this point for my tastes and he doesn't really make bad games. Stern proved with GB that they can make loaded games with tons on features and toys(even though I hate that game). If Borg can channel some of that and the code is in decent shape at launch people are going to quickly forget what ever it was that they were whining at stern about.

Agree, And I can't wait to get my LE!!!

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from Kaibun:

I was hoping they'd wait for the third movie to make a pinball machine, but that's gonna take a while. Anything's fine by me as long as it's a good table.

From what I read the next 2 movies for GOTG are the next 2 Avenger movies. So we may not see another stand alone GOTG film for possibly 3-4 years if at all now.....

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

To those interested, I did a Guardians of the Galaxy Rumor Round-Up on This Week in Pinball:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-galaxy-rumor-round-jjp-pirates-new-info/

Thank you for the link, Large Groot head ehhh...... Wonder if his head will be like the Hammer on Metallica Pre. Honestly hope the game doesn't revolve around Groot.

Well, can't wait for the reveal as I'm in for an LE.

#550 6 years ago

VERY happy to see Thanos made it on the board!!!

also interested to see what Orb Multi-ball will be.... VERY excited to see and get this!!!

#553 6 years ago

Also looks like Ronan's staff will have an Infinity stone light up in it.... VERY KEWL!!!!

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Problem is I feel Star Wars price hike was unjustified. Again only my opinion....but if they raise the price it would feel almost like double dipping. If they can manage to not raise the price at all and leave it at SW price level then they'll get praise instead of getting hammered on price.

SW has to have a HUGE licensing fee. More than Marvel I would imagine......

$5,999 Pro
$7,499 Pre
$8,499 LE

or lower would be nice...

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I'm just repeating what Head 2 Head Pinball podcast reported today.
ALSO ---
Looks like it says "LE LIGHT CLEAR" At least clear coat is something that they are mindful of.

If they add clear coat to rectify the dimpling that would be AWESOME!!!!

#587 6 years ago

I didn't know that. Thought the clear adds strength to the surface while protecting it.

Hopefully they use a better wood then...

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had cleared a 25 year old TZ pf that obviously already had 25 years of dimples. As soon as we cleared it dimples everywhere. Categorically wasn't the wood, so must have been the clear.

Not sure what type pf clear coats they use but I know they have resin clear coats now that are crazy durable...

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Not sure what type pf clear coats they use but I know they have resin clear coats now that are crazy durable...

Did you reserve your number?????

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

For those the don't like the gold, you can always purple it on the premium, quick example here of what it could look like. I did do it on the LE trim, but looks just as good on the prem trim.

Agree, NOT a fan of the gold... Sux to have to spend the $ on the LE to just have to replace the legs etc... But that's what I will probably wind up doing.

#701 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I’m going to walk this one back after this new pic surfaced. It’s not a mustard brown yellow color like in the initial pics for the LE, but a more gold with ‘The Collector’ style laser etching. I am digging it.

Agree, The etching breaks up the gold and looks really nice. Hoping this is what is on the LE and not the solid ones originally pictured.......

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are these updated LE side rails? Or Stern upgrades? Like the ones they offered over the standard rails on GBLE, ASLE etc..

No idea, I have not seen an official statement or upgraded picture from Stern. Would be odd for them to offer upgraded side rails in gold and not black for Pro/Pre...

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I would be pretty shocked if these aren't an extra $400 like the KISS ones.

I hope not cuz the ones they currently have pictured look like complete ass. And I will not be purchasing for $400 out of principle if they put the ass ones on intentionally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 25.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blacksun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype?tu=Blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.