34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes. It's not as bad as "world under glass" but it needs to be retired.

Flow used to mean something though. It became a lazy catch all word though. It's like when someone uses "sleek" in a tech review. Totally meaningless.

But I think Rarehero is using it the right way. Star Wars has some disconnects in what it wants to be physically (a fast game with lots of combo shots and quick progression from shot to shot) and what it is on the software level (deep and methodical). A simplified software package would make much more sense for the physical layout of the game.

#402 6 years ago

A “world under glass” is a real thing, and very important for a pinball machine. I do believe that GOTG is going to give us that world under glass feeling that SW didn’t.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A “world under glass” is a real thing, and very important for a pinball machine.

What he said.

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg

#405 6 years ago

Can I get the feature matrix cliff notes on this? Not interested in the "I believe" stuff. Thanks.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What he said.

Yeah exactly like that o-din........sort of, not really.

#407 6 years ago

Well, you wanted a world under glass, so I gave you one... I mean Williams gave you one.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A “world under glass” is a real thing, and very important for a pinball machine.

For the newer breed it is. Their world also includes gluing dolls on their games & adding nauseating colored lighting to everything until the game is a glowing trash heap. Good for them if it makes them happy, but if you really need a bunch of shit everywhere to make you "get into" playing a game or "feeling immersed", you're just a shitty player and I can't relate with that.

#409 6 years ago

Lol why is someone a shitty player just because they love the world under glass look? That makes no sense at all. I started playing pinball in the 70’s and I still love that era of games but pinball is better today than ever I think. The theme and all of those colored lights is what attracts people to the game and in a home environment especially, it pretty awesome to look at the world under glass.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The theme and all of those colored lights is what attracts people to the game and in a home environment especially, it pretty awesome to look at the world under glass.

Yes that's what attracts my 16 month old Daughter to them. Personally I play the fucking things, not stare at them clapping and smiling at colored lights like a caveman.

Play a good EM with a friend...you don't need anything futuristic to get into a game. A good ball is a great feeling on it's own.

#411 6 years ago

Hahhaa.....Oh shit, he's procreating.

#412 6 years ago

I did watch GOTG last weekend and I found it maybe a bit more entertaining than Star Wars and the music was super cool.

So that begs the question why is it 4 years later that they will finally make the pinball game?

I can see it as a good pinball theme because it's not one of those movies I'll watch over and over again, once was enough, but I'm sure somehow they will manage to screw it up.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I did watch GOTG last weekend and I found it maybe a bit more entertaining than Star Wars and the music was super cool.
So that begs the question why is it 4 years later that they will finally make the pinball game?
I can see it as a good pinball theme because it's not one of those movies I'll watch over and over again, once was enough, but I'm sure somehow they will manage to screw it up.

Likely because the sequel came out earlier this year and they are already working on a third installment. I would normally agree with you and the odds are certainly on your side that they will screw it up. I've just heard to many positive rumors and I think Borg is due for another awesome game. We will all know pretty soon.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Orbitor 1 has the most FLOAT!

Can't spell FLOAT without FLO

Quoted from Who-Dey:

A “world under glass” is a real thing, and very important for a pinball machine. I do believe that GOTG is going to give us that world under glass feeling that SW didn’t.

Why?

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

the odds are certainly on your side that they will screw it up.

To point out the obvious, what if the game does not include the entire original soundtrack?

Seems a lot of newer games are missing the music and actors that made the movies good

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To point out the obvious, what if the game does not include the entire original soundtrack?
Seems a lot of newer games are missing the music and actors that made the movies good

I don't think the entire soundtrack is needed. But a good portion certainly is to get the correct feel. If they are not then we can all point out that stern is a bunch of cheap bastards as those cannot be that expensive to get.

As for the whole world under glass stuff, I'm not sure that's always a good thing. I don't own a lot of games that I think fit that criteria and the ones that do mostly suck IMO. I just want a game that plays great, has a few fun features, captures the theme, and has good enough code to keep me interested.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't think the entire soundtrack is needed. But a good portion certainly is to get the correct feel. If they are not then we can all point out that stern is a bunch of cheap bastards as those cannot be that expensive to get.

If it ends up like one of those old K-Tel records where they had someone else covering the songs that would be totally lame. But I wouldn't put it past them. Don't think I didn't notice that isn't the original Batman theme song in that game.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Can't spell FLOAT without FLO

Oh, I have the hobbit so I guess I have flo.

For the longest time I thought you meant this Flo.

FLO (resized).jpgFLO (resized).jpg

#419 6 years ago

Word on the street is they will be using the Kidz Bop versions of all those great songs.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Word on the street is they will be using the Kidz Bop versions of all those great songs.
» YouTube video

Are there Kidz Bop versions of Hanson songs? Asking for a friend.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Are there Kidz Bop versions of Hanson songs? Asking for a friend.

Of course there is! Although it does seem a little redundant.

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes that's what attracts my 16 month old Daughter to them. Personally I play the fucking things, not stare at them clapping and smiling at colored lights like a caveman.
Play a good EM with a friend...you don't need anything futuristic to get into a game. A good ball is a great feeling on it's own.

I’ve played a lot of old EM’s and I like them, but they don’t come close to my TWD, GOT, GB, or my AS. Not even close.

#423 6 years ago

So what are we talkin here?? 3 ramps, 4 flippers, upper playfield...where are the real hype rumors??

#424 6 years ago

I know it wasn't part of the script, but this is what I want to see on that big lcd screen.

#425 6 years ago

Here's one for you.

#426 6 years ago

Nice!

And I'm not ashamed to admit I sat thru that whole movie trying to figure out which character Vin Diesel was.

Cracked me up when Groot turned around with that look on his face after taking out all those dudes .

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know it wasn't part of the script, but this is what I want to see on that big lcd screen.

Me too

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice!
And I'm not ashamed to admit I sat thru that whole movie trying to figure out which character Vin Diesel was.
Cracked me up when Groot turned around with that look on his face after taking out all those dudes .

Have you checked out the second one?

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Have you checked out the second one?

No, but just like the first one I'll wait and see it when it comes on FX channel. That is about the extent of my movie going these days. They don't like you drinking or smoking weed in theaters anymore. And drive-ins are all but a thing of the past in So Cal.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They don't like you drinking or smoking weed in theaters anymore. And drive-ins are all but a thing of the past in So Cal.

That's a bummer. Weed isn't legal for anything here in SC yet, but we have some movie theaters here that will bring beer and food to your seat. My only gripe is how expensive the beer is.

Make sure and check it out when it hits TV, it's a fun movie.

#431 6 years ago

back on track... let the fun begin lol!

GOTGv2 (resized).jpgGOTGv2 (resized).jpg

guardians_of_the_galaxy pinball (resized).jpgguardians_of_the_galaxy pinball (resized).jpg

#432 6 years ago

If you like the humor in GoTG the next Thor is getting great reviews and is hilarious.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Make sure and check it out when it hits TV, it's a fun movie.

Will do! The theater experience is getting kind of pricy, and I'm too cheap to go rent it on VHS when it's going to be on TV for free anyway.

It would take one heck of a movie to make me want to go pay to see it.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Dayum...uh WTH?

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If you like the humor in GoTG the next Thor is getting great reviews and is hilarious.

I can't wait to go see Thor, I already have my ticket.

Quoted from o-din:

Will do! The theater experience is getting kind of pricy, and I'm too cheap to go rent it on VHS when it's going to be on TV for free anyway.
It would take one heck of a movie to make me want to go pay to see it.

Yeah it gets pricey these days when you add drinks and snacks. The Marvel movies get my money and that's pretty much it.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah it gets pricey these days when you add drinks and snacks. The Marvel movies get my money and that's pretty much it.

I pay the ticket, but smuggle in my snacks.

#437 6 years ago

Truth is any game that gets made within 5 years of release is a current theme in my book. About the same time I end up seeing the movies.

I will say this, whoever Peter Quill's mom was, she sounded like a girl I might have hung out with or even dated back in the day.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Truth is any game that gets made within 5 years of release is a current theme in my book. About the same time I end up seeing the movies.
I will say this, whoever Peter Quill's mom was, she sounded like a girl I might have hung out with or even dated back in the day.

You read it hear first. Odin, mystery dad of Starlord.

#439 6 years ago

I was kind of hoping I could make some whoopie with Marvel's Agent Carter as well.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Lol....nice try!

#441 6 years ago

I need some leaked pictures or a "slip up" from someone on the Stern team to believe this rumor. I want to believe. Pinside rumors have been fairly accurate in the past two years.

I need a second income stream.

#442 6 years ago

Sheesh I should know better than to get excited when I see a bunch of new posts in a thread like this. Wake me up when there is some real hype and not just stream of consciousness babbling.

#443 6 years ago

Yeah, nothing on this last page had anything to do with GOTG. Sheeesssh....

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Brandy, you’re a fine girl! But apparently Odin is the sailor in that song.

Gotta see GotG Vol 2 to understand that.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For the newer breed it is. Their world also includes gluing dolls on their games & adding nauseating colored lighting to everything until the game is a glowing trash heap. Good for them if it makes them happy, but if you really need a bunch of shit everywhere to make you "get into" playing a game or "feeling immersed", you're just a shitty player and I can't relate with that.

To me, "World under glass" just means "COOL FEATURES" that make the machine alive. Things like the MM castle, AFM ships & martians, TAF's bookcase & Thing, Whitewater's crazy ramps & Bigfoot, Dr. Who's Time Expander, Funhouse/Roadshow's talking heads, etc. Creative, moving, mechanical features. I think Stern has accomplished this on many games - AC/DC Premium's Cannon, Bell, Train, Band, Power PF, "Fire" LEDs on the Highway to Hell ramp make that machine alive in a way that works with the theme. All of Metallica's features - Snake jaw, hammer, rising cross, Sparky - very much a living machine. Stern's POTC ship was great with its rocking animation, sail destruction, and sinking. Even simpler games like Iron Man - the Monger rising from the playfield and "fighting" you...made the game alive. Sterns latest haven't felt that way so much. Here's hoping they figure a way back to it.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sterns latest haven't felt that way so much.

Until u play them.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Until u play them.

Oh, I've played them. LOL I really don't want to revisit any of the existing SPIKE games. None of them are compelling, fun or addicting like the games made previously. Here's hoping for Guardians! Fingers crossed!

#448 6 years ago

After SW they better get Guardians right or else they'll have to revive that kickstarter page.

PS: R1 was much better than The Force Afflictions, err, I mean Awakens.

#449 6 years ago

I was hoping they'd wait for the third movie to make a pinball machine, but that's gonna take a while. Anything's fine by me as long as it's a good table.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from Kaibun:

I was hoping they'd wait for the third movie to make a pinball machine, but that's gonna take a while. Anything's fine by me as long as it's a good table.

From what I read the next 2 movies for GOTG are the next 2 Avenger movies. So we may not see another stand alone GOTG film for possibly 3-4 years if at all now.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.