34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

» YouTube video
Whole scene would make for a great mode, set number of switch hits, to distract Ronan, followed by shots/jackpots to join hands with the other Guardians while it plays out on the LCD with all the GI flashing purple - awesome

Characters holding hands amongst the chaos and purple flashers would make for a swella new interactive topper if each character lights according to collected jackpot. I'd probably pay Stern $600 for one.

#302 6 years ago

Premium will have a tentacle toy that messes with the ball.

I'm not in if they have only 6 or less selectable songs I live Metallica, but get so tired of the song selection on Kiss I can tolerate 7, but would go nuts for it if they put 10 or more tracks on it.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Characters holding hands amongst the chaos and purple flashers would make for a swella new interactive topper if each character lights according to collected jackpot. I'd probably pay Stern $600 for one.

I'd rather have it on the LCD and the flashers going nuts with purple GI on the playfield, I am not a topper fan but the Milano would make for a cool topper.

While Stern are at it, put an LCD in the Apron that looks like Star Lords cassette player with graphics showing the tape spinning and what shots to make, sorry Jack but I do like the little LCD compass in your Apron and you know what they say about flattery and all that

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've heard Borg, Franchi art,

Sweet!

Quoted from jgentry:

and Waison as code lead.

...and I'm out. Lol

Only way I'd buy this game:

-Licensed music
-Audio clips from the movie
-Hilarious custom call outs from Rocket & Drax - sound alikes OK if accurate
-No QC issues
-Quality playfields and no moon crater bullshit
-Great mechanical toys & features
-Great layout with no airball or cheap stdm bullshit
-Great & finished bug free code.

If they can pull that off, I'll buy one used lol.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sweet!

...and I'm out. Lol
-Licensed music
-No QC issues

Nothing will ever satisfy you as long as it has the Stern name on it so I recommend that you pass on it. We wouldn’t want to hear you crying all of the time like how you do with Ghostbusters. It almost ruins the fun of owning a GB game.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sweet!

...and I'm out. Lol
-Licensed music
-No QC issues

That was just a rumor I heard that may or may not be true. I actually expect it to be a Waison/Lonnie coded game but who knows and stern keeps it pretty secretive with coders these days as they know it affects sales.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing will ever satisfy you as long as it has the Stern name on it so I recommend that you pass on it. We wouldn’t want to hear you crying all of the time like how you do with Ghostbusters. It almost ruins the fun of owning a GB game.

To be fair he owns a lot of stern games. I would probably agree with the exception of AS that the games are not quite as good since Met. Not bad games, but Met and AC/DC set a new standard of code and gameplay. It will be hard to live up to either of those but I have a good feeling about GOTG.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

To be fair he owns a lot of stern games. I would probably agree with the exception of AS that the games are not quite as good since Met. Not bad games, but Met and AC/DC set a new standard of code and gameplay. It will be hard to live up to either of those but I have a good feeling about GOTG.

so i guess he would like Lyman as code lead.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

LOL I guess Who Dey is still coming up with brilliant arguments about why my opinions on Stern's don't count? I don't see his posts so, whatevs. I can't even see this thread, but someone linked to it in another. Block loopholes hehe. He can check my collection and history. I've owned a good chunk of Sterns in my day and still own 7 now.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

so i guess he would like Lyman as code lead.

Lyman's on Elvira. From what I've heard, Tanio is on GOTG, which prob means Waison, too. Not sure who the lead is. I just hope they make it funny and fun and PINBALLY - not with "video game logic" which is Waison's instinct (X-Men original code, WWE).

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok, I unblocked you to make seeing this thread easier - let's see how long that lasts.

If you're letting me ruin your GB, sorry, that's on you. Back in 2010 I bought an Avatar LE, and loved playing it. A ton of the collector types on RGP (this was pre-Pinside) would give me shit all day long. They called it Avaturd, Avatard, constantly said how much money I was gonna lose on it. Did that ruin it!? No, cuz I played it thousands of times & had a ton of fun.

If you like GB, you like it. Enjoy.

I'll never "cry" about another game like GB again because there will never be another Trudeau game again, thank goodness.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Listening to the albums and imagining playing pinball I would like these tracks - not going to happen though but hey, let's dream
David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
ELO - Mr Blue Sky
Sweet - Fox on the Run
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lake Shore Drive
Cheap Trick - Surrender
The Sneepers - Guardian Inferno

For an $8k game, those rights should not be a problem. Even cheaper to do covers, and with a good band the difference should be ok...

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL I guess Who Dey is still coming up with brilliant arguments about why my opinions on Stern's don't count? I don't see his posts so, whatevs. I can't even see this thread, but someone linked to it in another. Block loopholes hehe. He can check my collection and history. I've owned a good chunk of Sterns in my day and still own 7 now.

Lyman's on Elvira. From what I've heard, Tanio is on GOTG, which prob means Waison, too. Not sure who the lead is. I just hope they make it funny and fun and PINBALLY - not with "video game logic" which is Waison's instinct (X-Men original code, WWE).

If you are right I am a bit disappointed as I really wanted Lyman as code lead.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

If you are right I am a bit disappointed as I really wanted Lyman as code lead.

That's the predicament... If Lyman is doing GOTG...then there will be hell to pay from the BM66 owners that have been promised code for the past year. Stern would essentially kill their kapow brand... if they haven't done so already. It would be folly to get Lyman on anything else until that debacle is corrected, finished and polished.

#314 6 years ago

Hopefully they don't just paint a bunch of Death Star toys purple and call them Ego the Living Planet.

Seriously though, I think if done right, this theme holds so much promise. I was one who thought the movie looked dumb a few years ago when it was announced, and it turns out to be my favorite of the Marvel movies.

I really hope the scene of Star-Lord cranking up the middle finger makes the cut (Premium translite?)!

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sweet!

Stern could offer a full playfield protector as a factory installed option to solve this. I would buy it.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Stern could offer a full playfield protector as a factory installed option to solve this. I would buy it.

Or they can just go back to whatever they were doing a few years ago. I have 7 Sterns and I'm 100% satisfied with how those playfields look.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or they can just go back to whatever they were doing a few years ago. I have 7 Sterns and I'm 100% satisfied with how those playfields look.

Agreed but it's not a mutually exclusive decision to offer full playfield protectors as a factory installed option. They can offer it in any case.

#318 6 years ago

Agreed but it's not a mutually exclusive decision to offer full playfield protectors as a factory installed option. They can offer it in any case.

Dont those change the whole feel of the game?

#319 6 years ago

And, you can keep you machine in mint condition by just admiring it from afar sitting in its cardboard box. I'm not opposed to playfield protectors yet there is something about them that aggravates me -- because if I was selling one of my HUO machines and some a-hole started telling me it wasn't mint enough because he can see ball dimples and says that I should have used a playfield protector, I think I would just want to smack him in the head. I'm not running a museum in my basement.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

And, you can keep you machine in mint condition by just admiring it from afar sitting in its cardboard box. I'm not opposed to playfield protectors yet there is something about them that aggravates me -- because if I was selling one of my HUO machines and some a-hole started telling me it wasn't mint enough because he can see ball dimples and says that I should have used a playfield protector, I think I would just want to smack him in the head. I'm not running a museum in my basement.

It would be a factory installed option. Accent on the OPTION.

#321 6 years ago

Should always be an option for OPs...no thanks on one in my home.

#322 6 years ago

There is no way Lyman is working on BM66 full time. This is just to keep buyers quiet. You think he worked one year before release and is now working on it for another year full time while Stern sells 3 new releases per year? And for a game where Stern is not even selling new games of? Cash is in the bank, he's the best they have so worth a lot to Stern, and the game is pinball history with regard to sales.

One thing for sure, either he won't/can't take credit in the future for other games he is working on or there will be some irritated BM66 owners.

Watch, it's possible there will be a BM66 update at some point and then just a few months later, some game by Lyman. Nothing against him, he's probably the best in the business and just getting tangled up in politics not of his own making.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

For an $8k game, those rights should not be a problem.

Agree. Applies to JJP’s $8500/$9500/$12500 game too.

#324 6 years ago

I was just looking at the Archived game page on the Stern site, and look what I found!

Furry Hats must be coming very soon!

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.24.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.24.50 PM (resized).png

#325 6 years ago

Nice find! The code name for GOTG!

Just had a look.

No LE Furry Hats, just Premium and Pro?

#326 6 years ago

Nice find! The code name for GOTG!

OR the Davy Crockett game!

#327 6 years ago

Stern's next $500 topper

691bf3c8-812a-421f-8838-e803d39b3dde_1.8d16d15fb7011ce8db19f38f7300870f (resized).jpg691bf3c8-812a-421f-8838-e803d39b3dde_1.8d16d15fb7011ce8db19f38f7300870f (resized).jpg

#328 6 years ago

Hovering over the words only lists Pro and Premium, no LE yet.

#329 6 years ago

Maybe my family and I will see something at the factory when we stop by next Wednesday after my son's latest clinic visit.

We always make it a point to go to Portillo's then Krispy Kreme then Stern afterwards.

Maybe we'll see it on the line!!!

#330 6 years ago

Could be revealed this week maybe?

#331 6 years ago

Wow, 333 posts thus far for a game that may not even be the next Stern release. I hope it's Iron Maiden myself.

#332 6 years ago

Could be revealed this week maybe?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-gotg-fan-club-thread

Mention of maybe November 13-17 in the other thread. Stern does have a booth at that trade show - IAAPA in Orlando FL.

#333 6 years ago

I'm hoping they actually don't announce a new game until next year or until they solve thier current problems with QC and Code.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Wow, 333 posts thus far for a game that may not even be the next Stern release. I hope it's Iron Maiden myself.

Newsflash....

bcee1d209c25f09263032afd0482cbcc--iron-maiden-irons (resized).jpgbcee1d209c25f09263032afd0482cbcc--iron-maiden-irons (resized).jpg

#335 6 years ago

Before Star Wars was even announced, I had heard that this game was getting lots of hype from inside the company. I'm really excited to see how it's turning out. From what I understand, the reveal isn't that far off.

To address the poll, I can't answer any of that stuff at this point. I am not buying ANY game without playing it first anymore. For Stern games, I need to see more reliability out of SPIKE as well. But if it's as good as rumored, I'll be excited for the game.

#336 6 years ago

I hope they don't offer playfield protectors as a option. THat would be more shit I would demand reducing money on the secondary market, because now I have to pull that shit off the playfield. We have spent years trying to get rid of all the mylar that's been put on playfields, and now people are going back and doing it all over again.

SO just makes more work for us when we buy used games. It's bad enough all the work these newbs are doing to games with all the damn shitty colored LED's in the GI's. Then people that know what they are doing have to go back and do all the work to change it back to what it should be.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, I unblocked you to make seeing this thread easier - let's see how long that lasts.
If you're letting me ruin your GB, sorry, that's on you. Back in 2010 I bought an Avatar LE, and loved playing it. A ton of the collector types on RGP (this was pre-Pinside) would give me shit all day long. They called it Avaturd, Avatard, constantly said how much money I was gonna lose on it. Did that ruin it!? No, cuz I played it thousands of times & had a ton of fun.
If you like GB, you like it. Enjoy.
I'll never "cry" about another game like GB again because there will never be another Trudeau game again, thank goodness.

Thanks for unblocking me, I feel special now.

#338 6 years ago

You could never offer protectors as a factory option because they have to put it on before they populate the playfield. It would have to basically come uninstalled with the game and the buyer would put it on (or the distributor). Protectors come out for most games pretty quickly, so just put one on before you ever play if you feel that way. The old WMS games are all dimpled as hell so I don't see the big deal anyway.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You could never offer protectors as a factory option because they have to put it on before they populate the playfield. It would have to basically come uninstalled with the game and the buyer would put it on (or the distributor). Protectors come out for most games pretty quickly, so just put one on before you ever play if you feel that way. The old WMS games are all dimpled as hell so I don't see the big deal anyway.

Someone stated the JJP offered a factory installed playfield protector option on The Hobbit. If so, it can be done. I have done a lot of disassembly and underside drilling to install Cliffys and Mantis and Pinbits protectors, I'd just rather not do a top down disassembly to install or remove an wanted full playfield protector. However, I'd like the option to get one or not get one.

#340 6 years ago

Someone stated the JJP offered a factory installed playfield protector option on The Hobbit. If so, it can be done. I have done a lot of disassembly to install Cliffys and Mantis and Pinbits protectors, I'd just rather not do a top down disassembly to install or remove an wanted full playfield protector. However, I'd like the option to get one or not get one.

JJP offers it factory installed on all their games.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Stern's next $500 topper

That's a fine topper for pro. But add two red leds for eyes and make it interact with the game; and suddenly this becomes exclusive LE topper for only $800.

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG
pro topper is pictured

#342 6 years ago

Someone stated the JJP offered a factory installed playfield protector option on The Hobbit. If so, it can be done. I have done a lot of disassembly and underside drilling to install Cliffys and Mantis and Pinbits protectors, I'd just rather not do a top down disassembly to install or remove an wanted full playfield protector. However, I'd like the option to get one or not get one.

JJP is a boutique seller. Most of the games are sold and have an owner attached to each serial number before it is built. I doubt distributors who have some in stock will have them installed because there are some people who won't buy the game if there is a protector on.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

that will be GOTG. sorry.
confirmed here by distributors.

#344 6 years ago

Talked to Gary on saturday and he said too release was about soon.

IAAPA 13-17 november?

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

IAAPA 13-17 november?

Yep IAAPA is the monster trade show here in Orlando. Free Play Florida is Nov 17-19, so we will hopefully get to see and play the game there too. Can't wait!

#346 6 years ago

I'm am super stoked that this game might be happening. I love the MCU movies, at least most of them, and George Gomez MASSIVELY let me down with Avengers...cheap audio, photoshop, cramped unsatisfying layout etc., so I'm praying Stern can pull this off. Some ideas:

- Licensed Awesome Mix Vol.1 and 2 as others have said
- Three flippers
- Ramps ramps ramps
- Interactive toys
- Speech from movie or good custom soundalikes
- Prison escape multiball: collect the leg ( ball 1), the arm (ball 2) and the battery (ball 3) to initiate multiball OR a fast lock option where Groot rips out the freakin' battery and the multiball launches instantly! Would be perfect.
- 'Ooga shacka' from hooked on a feeling whilst ball is in shooter lane
- A frenzy mode where Baby Groot keeps collecting items that aren't Yondu's fin
- A Milano toy that moves and (dare I hope) locks bals
- Abelisk bash toy
- So many more things that I'll think of later and won't be in the game but would be awesome nonetheless

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

IAAPA 13-17 november?

I really hope it's before then. I don't want to wait another 3 weeks. Let the Fury Hats reveal begin.

#348 6 years ago

Stern have spotted that Furry Hats was in the archive so it is gone now.

#349 6 years ago

Proper order of events would be to announce it before IAAPA to generate some hype and get people to come to their booth. Maybe just a small teaser or a reveal of some art and then a full reveal at the show.

#350 6 years ago

Co....stan-za.

costanza (resized).pngcostanza (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
6,495 (Firm)
$ 19.95
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.