34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I was one of the 8% who voted "take my money".
Why? Because I'm an operator, not a collector. I "speculate" that this TITLE will earn very well in my tourist locations because of the license/franchise. And although I love the movies, I have absolutely no emotional investment into this.
Therefore, I'm willing to "risk" my money today, on the future earnings of this title. I would suspect that other, likely larger, operators might agree.
To my point, just based on the current votes, it would appear that at best, 10% of the respondents are operators, while the remaining 90% are collectors who are tired of seeing themselves, or other collectors, suffer from ongoing disappointment.
The collector market continues to be shifting to JJP and other boutiques, while Stern obviously has no competition at the near $5k operator level, which is where I purchase my operator equipment.
I just don't think Stern can survive on operators alone, so they really need to step up their quality to retain/regain the collector market.
Of course, I could be completely wrong too. But I'm buying a pair of pros anyway.

Operators and collectors do not have the same expectations.
I agree with you, stern bases its success on the theme / license and not on quality, creativity, innovation (or only to built at lower cost) that collectors are highly requiring.
Now it is clear that JJP has another vision of pinball that fits much better to collectors expectations.
I hope GOTG will be built right coz I love this licence but when I look at SW pin I have a doubt.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I hope GOTG will be built right coz I love this licence but when I look at SW pin I have a doubt.

Looking at SW is ur first mistake, play SW and u will be very happy.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But here's the rub: if they manage to secure a lot of the music you know they are cutting budget out of the pin elsewhere, right? I'd rather the money go somewhere on the pf.

You might be right, but I have faith I'm going to be glad I held onto money I had earmarked for SW.

In Borg I trust...especially when he hasn't been rushed to turn something around more quickly than he'd like.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

You might be right, but I have faith I'm going to be glad I held onto money I had earmarked for SW.
In Borg I trust...especially when he hasn't been rushed to turn something around more quickly than he'd like.

Totally. Borg and Nordman are the best designers currently IMO.

#205 6 years ago

GOTG will be a perfect pinball theme just like the last one, as it will probably give me no reason to want to own one.

Keep up the good work guys!

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Totally. Borg and Nordman are the best designers currently IMO.

And are a couple of the nicest, most down-to-earth guys around!

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

They will cheap out and not get the song licenses and this will effectively kill the game for me because the soundtrack IS the GOTG.

Agree, The music sets the tone for the movies and will as well for the games. But even if Stern were not to get the exact songs we might want we can always change them up... I have several friends that have changed up their Metallica's. I personally stil like all the songs on there so I have made any changes but nice to know you can....

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

GOTG will be a perfect pinball theme just like the last one, as it will probably give me no reason to want to own one.
Keep up the good work guys!

So you hate old and new themes....

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So you hate old and new themes....

Nah, just lame ones for pinball machines. And if it gets it's own hype thread on pinside that goes five pages, it is almost a given it will turn out lame.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And if it gets it's own hype thread on pinside that goes five pages, it is almost a given it will turn out lame.

I think it has to go more than that....haha remember BG had like 1000 pages! What a shit show that was. You'd think after that people would learn not to just go balls deep on a theme but you know what we're dealing with here.

Odin I got a new PF to swap on my King & Queens in the next month...looking forward to that

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it has to go more than that....haha remember BG had like 1000 pages!

Corrected- I meant to say at least five pages, and just give this one a little time.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nah, just lame ones for pinball machines. And if it gets it's own hype thread on pinside that goes five pages, it is almost a given it will turn out lame.

This theme is not lame though so the hype and anticipation is a good thing and it's fun to talk about. Sure it could be a letdown when the game finally comes out but the hype is fun right now and that's a good thing.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This theme is not lame though

Still a little too nerdy for me. And where I come from , nerdy = lame.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was gonna make a comment about where you come from but I'm gonna be nice and not get political lol. Anyway, I am way more on the side of a redneck than a nerd but Guardians is a pretty fun theme I think, and it's a pretty good pinball theme.

#215 6 years ago

And I'll be glad to drop a couple quarters into one anywhere I see it before I pass final judgement.

But this getting all hyped up just because it's a good movie, doesn't always end well once it becomes a pinball theme.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I'll be glad to drop a couple quarters into one anywhere I see it before I pass final judgement.
But this getting all hyped up just because it's a good movie, doesn't always end well once it becomes a pinball theme.

Im just kind of excited about this game after seeing the movie and it being way better than I thought it would be. I just think it's fun to talk about a game before it reveals and hear people's idea's and opinions and stuff. I have a feeling this hype train is really going to be rolling about a week from now as we get close to the game reveal. Hopefully Dead Flip does a stream on it at the Stern factory.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

it's a good movie

Hey! Something we agree on! Nerds unite!!

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Corrected- I meant to say at least five pages, and just give this one a little time.

1 page can be accounted for all of who-dey's posts. The hype for this title is lukewarm at best. It will blow up either way once they show pictures

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Guardians is a pretty fun theme I think, and it's a pretty good pinball theme.

This is a point that should not need defending, but you know what they say about opinions... Without doubt this is a really good choice by Stern, whether you are a fan of the movies or not. Personally I love the movies, so it's even better for me. Hopefully they pull off a great game. I agree that Borg and Nordman might be the best designers out there right now. I hope he takes a chance and goes to a very different layout this time around.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

There are so many theme directions GOTG can go... Hoping it has more of an overall space theme and not just a single scene theme...
Also hoping they incorporate Thanos as he is the main villain/character in the next 2 upcoming Avengers movies...

I think the licence works well on both fronts, between the two movies there are plenty of very specific Guardians moments but also a lot of space opera moments, James Gunn has been great at balancing that although GOTG2 struggled with that balancing act more than the first.

As for Thano's I hope they keep him out of this pin, there are plenty of characters to use from the first two films that the Guardians have ran into Ronan, Ego, Ravagers, The Sovereigns, Nebula, Kree (from the opening of the first GOTG) and Nova Corps.

Stern need to save Thano's for the Avengers Infinity War pin they inevitably do based on the next 2 Avenger movies and if they do another Avengers pin they need to hit it out of the park this time round!

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It will blow up either way once they show pictures

I can hardly wait...

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is, u are aware that pinball itself is considered "nerdy" I've seen pictures from the various Expo's we aren't talking about the cool kids from high school here. Haven't you noticed the themes tend to be "nerdy" comic books, super heros, Tron and Lord of the Rings, geeks man, its mostly geeks. no offense by the way

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It is, u are aware that pinball itself is considered "nerdy"

Again, not where I come from.

morgue11_games_lincecum_close (resized).jpgmorgue11_games_lincecum_close (resized).jpg

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Again, not where I come from.

The guys I played pinball with when I was a young lad were all longhairs and far from being geeks, we were helliards but so far in my pinball experience its mostly nerds, this might be why ur hating most of the themes, I know I do.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The guys I played pinball with when I was a young lad were all longhairs and far from being geeks, we were helliards but so far in my pinball experience its mostly nerds, this might be why ur hating most of the themes, I know I do.

It's all fucking families now.

#226 6 years ago

I hope it's Guardians, and I hope it's Borg, because I'd like to see what he'd do given time and a non-music theme.

And I just caught up with the latest issues of the GotG comic book earlier today to further fuel my excitement.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's all fucking families now.

With whipped daddies that no longer have any hair.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With whipped daddies that no longer have any hair

I tell ya the biggest shame today, a guy starts to lose his hair and immediately goes for the razer to give himself the Bruce Willis special, I've missed out on the horseshoe, the comb-over so many great looks from the past, men have become way to vain, anyway back to GOTG.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

1 page can be accounted for all of who-dey's posts. The hype for this title is lukewarm at best. It will blow up either way once they show pictures

The hype for this game is way more than lukewarm. If Stern doesn't screw this up its going to sell like crazy!

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The hype for this game is way more than lukewarm.

That's because they are running out of nerdy themes from the 20th century to do.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Have you seen the movies?

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Have you seen the movies?

I watched the trailers. As soon as it hits FX channel I'll get high as a kite and see if it amuses me.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's because they are running out of nerdy themes from the 20th century to do.

I'm with ya but man its tough to take you serious when ur avatar is "The Monopoly Guy"

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I watched the trailers. As soon as it hits FX channel I'll get high as a kite and see if it amuses me.

It's a fun popcorn muncher. #1 is far from great but entertain(t)ing. Def worth an FX'er

Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm with ya but man its tough to take you serious when ur avatar is "The Monopoly Guy"

Money Bags knows the real goddamn rules to monopoly that's for sure. Could teach people a lesson or 2... not buying properties when you land on them? Um no, read the rules hippee!

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You will like the first one, I'm not a big Marvel movie fan but GOTG 1 is really good, music helps and that Pratt guy brings some humor to the mix, not nerd humor either, Revenge of the Nerds, now there's a film.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's Uncle Pennybags to you.

#237 6 years ago

I'm having a good time, well the narcotics help.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

... Revenge of the Nerds, now there's a film.

10000%. And we just lost Bernie Casey too

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So you haven't seen the movies, but you, the person always screaming for modern themes has already decided it sucks?

Man you are missing out. They are not like the other super hero movies and are really well done. The first one in particular is great. Light hearted with great action, great comedy, and just enough drama to draw you in.

#240 6 years ago

It's no more nerdy than Batman O-din and you bought that game. .....and OVERPAID for it I might add.....cough cough

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So you haven't seen the movies, but you, the person always screaming for modern themes has already decided it sucks?

Listen, it's just like any other movie hype to me. And now I really don't care what pinball decides will be it's next themes. I'll play whatever comes around.

But I'm not going to be one of those that says-

"Oh please, please make this!" or " I sure hope this gets done!", because that would be ... nerdy.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Listen, it's just like any other movie hype to me. And now I really don't care what pinball decides will be it's next themes. I'll play whatever comes around.
"Oh please, please make this!" or " I sure hope this gets done!", because that would be ... nerdy.

Well if that is what makes someone a nerd then maybe I am one lol.

#243 6 years ago

They could announce Death Race 2000, and you still wouldn't see me say "Oh it's a miracle!, I never thought I'd see the day! Oh please please tell me it's not just a rumor! I'll just die if it isn't true!"

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Are you sure about that O-din?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/death-wish-pinball

You sure was wishing for a Death Wish game lol
How quickly we forget huh?

#245 6 years ago

please go visit bm66 thread and before that kiss thread. this will be more of the same.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The hype for this game is way more than lukewarm. If Stern doesn't screw this up its going to sell like crazy!

I think it's a bit meh. Recent games have been okay and issues are all around. It will be cool to see a 3 flipper game and the groot toy. I hate the LE Premium Pro cap with the differences in game play.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think it's a bit meh. Recent games have been okay and issues are all around. It will be cool to see a 3 flipper game and the groot toy. I hate the LE Premium Pro cap with the differences in game play.

3 ramps, 3 flippers, why can't we have 4!? It's been a long time since Stern did a 4 ramp/4 flipper game, would make a welcome change and feel a little more fresh than the last couple releases.

#248 6 years ago

In rocket's voice " of course stern will fucked up"

#250 6 years ago

I think we should call this thread "O-din and Who-Dey Discuss GOTG"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,495 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.