34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

You must be joking....oh i get it you are being sarcastic

I+still+dont+like+heath+ledger+as+the+joker+_6a91f40b450dc5be8a85d279ce5a21b8 (resized).jpgI+still+dont+like+heath+ledger+as+the+joker+_6a91f40b450dc5be8a85d279ce5a21b8 (resized).jpg

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want groot and Rocket to do all the callouts. Except Drax can be all the jackpot callouts. And of course classic rock tunes and funk throughout. I get licensing is an issue here, but maybe do what TBL did with the music in that game.

Adding Groot callouts would be simple, "I am Groot".

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Adding Groot callouts would be simple, "I am Groot".

Yea but don't forget all of his other classic lines.

"I am GROOT"

"I. Am. Groot."

"I AM GROOT"

Maybe another that I forgot too.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yea but don't forget all of his other classic lines.
"I am GROOT"
"I. Am. Groot."
"I AM GROOT"
Maybe another that I forgot too.

WE... ARE GROOT!

#155 6 years ago

"We are all Kosh"

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's true. that's what we were paying. I shouldn't have used MSRP as that was only paid by the unknowing.

No problem. I remember a friend in Florida paying $3600 plus shipping for LOTR from Jersey Jack and that was a smokin deal. Down here in Florida pinball hadn't exploded yet the way it has now, so we got the short end of the stick if you weren't in the cool crowd. Speaking of which, here is a picture from APE in 2004. Good old BMI gaming - the king of MSRP was there. LOL.

Resize of APE 2004 021 (resized).jpgResize of APE 2004 021 (resized).jpg

#157 6 years ago

I always liked Kosh. But on topic - I really hope Stern does a good job on GotG. I really want to own this theme.

#158 6 years ago

Any idea when GOTG will be announced?

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Any idea when GOTG will be announced?

2 weeks as I hear

#160 6 years ago

JJPOTC vs GOTG. is coming very soon.

#161 6 years ago

First the first time im not conflicted even with the price difference between pirates and guardians. If this is a hit then i still have 10ish months to see where it goes and if they have addressed their quality issues. I am excited to see it but im looking at this release at a very different angle.

#162 6 years ago

3 ramps and a groot that eats the ball

#163 6 years ago

3 ramps would mean the return of the third flipper!!! Says its so, say it's so!

Quoted from hank527:

3 ramps and a groot that eats the ball

#164 6 years ago

I'm NOT conflicted at all.

TWDLE, GBLE, BM66LE and ASLE are awesome keepers in my mind.

That said, GOTG i'm sure will have all the bells and whistles BUT it won't matter unless they commit to the F ing CODE!!!!!!

And Waison gives me zero confidence.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I really hope that Stern has been getting Keith to consult early on with the software and playfield designers on every game to give some good ideas and push them in the right direction. Creating code and developing cool rules related to the theme are two different things.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I really hope that Stern has been getting Keith to consult early on with the software and playfield designers on every game to give some good ideas and push them in the right direction. Creating code and developing cool rules related to the theme are two different things.

Keith has to be a major positive influence. Great point.

#167 6 years ago

Babylon 5 - love it...

#168 6 years ago

Will "I am groot" be the new "shoot the pyramid"? Time will tell.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm NOT conflicted at all.
TWDLE, GBLE, BM66LE and ASLE are awesome keepers in my mind.
That said, GOTG i'm sure will have all the bells and whistles BUT it won't matter unless they commit to the F ing CODE!!!!!!

Hey eaaaasy now iceman! We need some positive vibes here brother!!

#171 6 years ago

Stern has proved that NIB is a risk and code is a whole other story....caveat emptor. No Sterns for me unless the code is done and it is on the secondary market.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Stern has proved that NIB is a risk and code is a whole other story....caveat emptor. No Sterns for me unless the code is done and it is on the secondary market.

Here here. They've dropped the ball on BM66 (don't really care) and Star Wars (I care). Now their code not even at 1.0 code and they're blowing up their own boards.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Here here. They've dropped the ball on BM66 (don't really care) and Star Wars (I care). Now their code not even at 1.0 code and they're blowing up their own boards.

They didn't drop the ball on SW its amazing, and code feels complete at .92, how many boards have blown up? I haven't had one issue with my game, what the hell r u talking about , please explain.

#174 6 years ago

Star Wars certainly should have been better IMO but I wouldn't say that they dropped the ball on it. I don't understand why they didn't really just deck the game out with killer toys and better art but it's still a really good game. I just think people were expecting it to be off the charts cosmetically and it wasnt.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Star Wars certainly should have been better IMO but I wouldn't say that they dropped the ball on it. I don't understand why they didn't really just deck the game out with killer toys and better art but it's still a really good game. I just think people were expecting it to be off the charts cosmetically and it wasnt.

it would have been nice to have a game even on a chart cosmetically.

GPS unit + Hatchimal + bobble tie = little effort.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

JJP crushed it with the new Pirates game no doubt about it. This game here though if done right could be equally as awesome

Unfortunately it cant, and no stern game ever will...Unless they create an entirely new platform for their high end games, they will always be pro-based lipstick pins.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Gary told us why in his Expo talk.

Such a big license, SW could be sold as an empty box, with some Williams music...... Freudian slip

Fun to play though and the pro as ever is good value compared to everything else out there.

#178 6 years ago

Star wars pro is a good game software wise! Give credits to the team for it! Artwork is a little bit disappointing and toys are weak on the pro but gameplay is perfect.

I'm waiting for the GOTG pro release to buy one if good. If not, I'll go Ghostbusters HUO I think.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are those that accept a game like SW for what it is and those of us who feel insulted by the clear lack of effort.

Imagine a customer in a restaurant being served a meal. Prices have been rapidly increasing at this restaurant in recent years and quality declining. The customer knows somehow that the chef/owner who prepared the meal didn't care, skimps on on ingredients and is basically just doing the absolute minimum. He often reuses old ingredients past their expiry dates and freezes the meatballs now where they used to be made fresh. The customer also knows that the chef/owner is highly skilled and capable of culinary magic but now only cares about making a buck - his passion is gone and doesn't give a &$@# anymore.

Now there are two kinds of customers...

The first kind of customer just eats the food and doesn't care much about what the chef *could* have done - the food is OK enough to eat and, while overpriced and lower quality, it fills his gut. Good enough is good enough for those with low expectations.

The second kind of customer feels insulted that someone *with the ability to do so much more* just cares about profit now has no problem serving me the f-ing tie-fighter-on-a-spring lunch special ...

Wait I'm mixing up metaphors here - you get what I mean.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They didn't drop the ball on SW its amazing, and code feels complete at .92, how many boards have blown up? I haven't had one issue with my game, what the hell r u talking about , please explain.

First off, it's good that your game plays correctly. They've pulled the code from the website you, so you're "hitting on 17" in Blackjack there. Cross fingers.

As far as Star Wars...

- Botched reveal from Star Wars folks themselves (10 days or so too early
- Sub-par art (Hiring designers just out of school to do the art)
- Whack-a-mole button sitting in space (no dressing)
- Tie Fighter on a spring (very realistic!)
- No magnets under play field (Despite THE FORCE as an obvious feature)
- No video allowed for Euro reveal (because shit wasn't working?)
- LEs not sold out (maybe now? but people are selling them at a loss)
- Prem/LE need to be perfectly pitched & leveled in order for the the hyperspace loop to work (even then there are issues)
- Node board / fork ramp failures on .92 and .91 code, so a rollback to .89 is recommended (of course it took a week to communicate this)
- Not yet on 1.0 code months after release

And still...NO CLEAR COMMUNICATION if at all from the company. Yes there's a FB "we're working on it" but we've seen that before.

This release comes on the heels of split cabs for AS and GB, plus the Ghostbusters play field ghosting debacle. Oh, and BM66 being shown without code at its release (EXCITEMENT). Does BM66 have 1.0 code yet?

I'm not bothered by anything above really. I'm not a Stern NIB buyer anymore.

BUT I'm their market. They need to convert non-buyers into buyers. They don't know how to do that. They feel more communication will lead to more headaches than staying silent. It's a painfully obvious business strategy. They don't know how to deal with the home use market, hence the "ghosting" language in manuals. They need the distributor layer as a shield.

#181 6 years ago

First off, it's good that your game plays correctly. They've pulled the code from the website you, so you're "hitting on 17" in Blackjack there. Cross fingers.

not on the pro

- Botched reveal from Star Wars folks themselves (10 days or so too early
- Sub-par art (Hiring designers just out of school to do the art)
- Whack-a-mole button sitting in space (no dressing)
- Tie Fighter on a spring (very realistic!)
- No magnets under play field (Despite THE FORCE as an obvious feature)
- No video allowed for Euro reveal (because shit wasn't working?)
- LEs not sold out (maybe now? but people are selling them at a loss)
- Prem/LE need to be perfectly pitched & leveled in order for the the hyperspace loop to work (even then there are issues)
- Node board / fork ramp failures on .92 and .91 code, so a rollback to .89 is recommended (of course it took a week to communicate this)

Ok, who cares about the reveal? I couldn't care less, never been to an expo and I never will. The gameplay is simply amazing, code at .92 on the pro is basically done anything else will simply be a bonus. Another who cares whether or not LE's have sold out? You know I get it, a lot of geeks on this site and you want the world under the glass, I only care about theme, lighting, sound and gameplay, they did very well in that aspect. I guess if I had the issues others have with regards to Sterns I would feel differently, then again I would just stop buying them and forget all about it

#182 6 years ago

Play two machines myself, one at a local bar, one at a friends. Both running lastest code, no blown boards.

Why are you obsessed with the number of the code? It could be .0000000000001 for all I care. The latest one that dropped a couple weeks ago was massive and really swayed how I feel about the game. Have you played it, or are you just bumping your gums?

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

or are you just bumping your gums?

I'm gonna go with gum bumping

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Play two machines myself, one at a local bar, one at a friends. Both running lastest code, no blown boards.
Why are you obsessed with the number of the code? It could be .0000000000001 for all I care. The latest one that dropped a couple weeks ago was massive and really swayed how I feel about the game. Have you played it, or are you just bumping your gums?

Um I'm responding because I was asked.

Yes I've played the pro. Want to try the LE but been to busy to make it over to play it.

Not obsessed with code number, but it indicates the development stage. Code runs the freakin' game, y'know?

If you like it that's all that matters, but I'm not talking about whether you like your game or not.

This is bigger company picture. Maybe Banker is right.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions/page/5#post-4027875

#185 6 years ago

Not obsessed with code number, but it indicates the development stage. Code runs the freakin' game, y'know?

Yeah but I'm trying to tell you the code feels complete, so you are going by code number. Ok there have been problems with the LE/Pre code and the forks etc. but I don't have the model, as far as the pro goes its greatness, if people want to right off a pin because of lack of toys thats fine, its foolish but fine.

#186 6 years ago

How about that GotG hype?

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

There isn't any so mine as well talk SW. Looking forward to seeing this game, really loved the first film and the second wasn't bad either, it will be bummer if they don't have the music. I'll probably grab a pro regardless.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I'm especially hype because there is no purchase decision for me.

I won't pay the prices they are asking for a toy, so my hype level is totally contained to the release and how cool it will be to have a GotG pin! It doesn't have to be the best pin ever produced for me to drop cash in it, play, and enjoy the hell out of it.

There's a lot less pressure on it being perfect when there is no question that I won't be buying it.

#189 6 years ago

There are so many theme directions GOTG can go... Hoping it has more of an overall space theme and not just a single scene theme...

Also hoping they incorporate Thanos as he is the main villain/character in the next 2 upcoming Avengers movies...

Can't wait to see this reveal!!!

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

There are so many theme directions GOTG can go... Hoping it has more of an overall space theme and not just a single scene theme...
Also hoping they incorporate Thanos as he is the main villain/character in the next 2 upcoming Avengers movies...
Can't wait to see this reveal!!!

I can't wait either. This theme is a good one and I hope they nail it. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but I can't help it, especially when I hear a few people saying they they are getting inside information that this game is going to be awesome.

#191 6 years ago

Can't wait to see the first photos...hopefully soon! I bet it has more toys than SW!

Purposely holding onto pin funds until this (or whatever is next) is revealed.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Can't wait to see the first photos...hopefully soon! I bet it has more toys than SW!
Purposely holding onto pin funds until this (or whatever is next) is revealed.

I didn't think I'd be a buyer at all for this game until I seen the movie a few days ago and now I'm excited about it. Something just tells me that this is going to be a great pin.

#193 6 years ago

I was one of the 8% who voted "take my money".

Why? Because I'm an operator, not a collector. I "speculate" that this TITLE will earn very well in my tourist locations because of the license/franchise. And although I love the movies, I have absolutely no emotional investment into this.

Therefore, I'm willing to "risk" my money today, on the future earnings of this title. I would suspect that other, likely larger, operators might agree.

To my point, just based on the current votes, it would appear that at best, 10% of the respondents are operators, while the remaining 90% are collectors who are tired of seeing themselves, or other collectors, suffer from ongoing disappointment.

The collector market continues to be shifting to JJP and other boutiques, while Stern obviously has no competition at the near $5k operator level, which is where I purchase my operator equipment.

I just don't think Stern can survive on operators alone, so they really need to step up their quality to retain/regain the collector market.

Of course, I could be completely wrong too. But I'm buying a pair of pros anyway.

#194 6 years ago

They will cheap out and not get the song licenses and this will effectively kill the game for me because the soundtrack IS the GOTG.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

They will cheap out and not get the song licenses and this will effectively kill the game for me because the soundtrack IS the GOTG.

I would say that you are correct. It.must be really expensive or something to do that is all.I can figure. JJP doesn't have the original pirates music or call outs either and they are charging crazy prices even. I'd love to see the music in this game though for sure.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would say that you are correct. It.must be really expensive or something to do that is all.I can figure. JJP doesn't have the original pirates music or call outs either and they are charging crazy prices even. I'd love to see the music in this game though for sure.

My hope is that the artists whose songs are featured on the GotG soundtracks would be a bit easier to work with and more affordable to secure from a licensing perspective.

The thought of starting a game to:

Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga

...has me hooked on the thought of buying this game!

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

My hope is that the artists whose songs are featured on the GotG soundtracks would be a bit easier to work with and more affordable to secure from a licensing perspective.
The thought of starting a game to:
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
...has me hooked on the thought of buying this game!

But here's the rub: if they manage to secure a lot of the music you know they are cutting budget out of the pin elsewhere, right? I'd rather the money go somewhere on the pf.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok, who cares about the reveal? I couldn't care less, never been to an expo and I never will.

People here think reveals are very important, but in the overall scale they probably aren't.
Most likely because Pinside thinks it's the center of the pinball world when in reality it is not. These people keep flapping their gums aboot he reveal and regular people don;t give 2 shits. I've neevr seen a reveal, and I've ordered a few NIB games.

#199 6 years ago

Just make the Pro great at $5kish.

I can live with a couple less features and save a couple grand. Service rails would be nice though.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

God bless you guys who can still get excited about a NIB Stern. Unless they do a 180, there isn't any way I'm buying a new Stern pin. And this is coming from a guy that grew up collecting comics, has owned IM, SM, Avengers, and Wolverine pinballs, and has a theater room filled with Marvel stuff. They had 2 amazing themes in Avengers and Star Wars and crapped the bed with both. So my confidence in them doing right with GOTC isn't very high. I hope I'm wrong and its a killer game.

I like both AV and SW so saying they crapped on them seems extreme to me, but each to their own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.