34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 6 years ago

I thought JT Iron Maiden was next? Not a problem if not, that is a total non-starter theme for me. GotG on the other hand would be an awesome theme for me and seems likely to be Borg?

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I thought JT Iron Maiden was next? Not a problem if not, that is a total non-starter theme for me. GotG on the other hand would be an awesome theme for me and seems likely to be Borg?

Most people seem to think GOTG is next. We will find out soon enough.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

. Or do you think he just copy+paste KISS and said ok, you guys do the rest?
Why do you think SR always has the crap art packages? Can’t be coincidence.

You have fair points in there for sure...but it all depends on what angle you take. "Theme integration" is a pretty wide spectrum I guess. As you probably know from all our talk on GOT the topic really isn't that big of a deal to me. I'd rather end up with a great playing game like SW than "better theme integration" like Kiss or AS. I mean hey, Metallica is the lamest shit I can think of and one of the best games.

As for what he does I think he cop/ Pasted Kiss = AS and they talked aboot the 70s art and inserts etc etc. Do I think it's a massive genius leap to make a 70s band have 70s art? Not really. Is it amaze balls to make a Kiss game and reuse/update the alreafdy made Kiss art from it; not really. AS some of it is great, obviously AS looks fantastic, but the animations are laughable (literal "toys" in a literal "attic" I'm not ready to say is great work). So do we just say "he they're just learning how to do LCDs so we'll give him a pass on that?" I don't know is my only point. I just don;t blindly agree because someone is making a game it's going to be great. They ALL have hits and misses like any artist does.

#104 6 years ago

I love the AS animations Law!

Ties it in beautifully

Franchi says the entire pin looks awesome. GOTG. Doesn't strike me as a BSer

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's my point...in the eye of the beholder, You never know!

I gotta see GOTG 2 in a hurry before the pin spoils it!

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ties it in beautifully
Franchi says the entire pin looks awesome. GOTG. Doesn't strike me as a BSer

Some people will bitch about anything, especially here on pinside.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Some people will bitch about anything, especially here on pinside.

Haha...Still just opening your mouth to suck anything Stern does eh? Slurp slurp as usual.

#108 6 years ago

I think the theme would be great as long as it isnt a Domino's Pizza re-theme...

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And People who think they're going to change their ways with code are delusional.

SW is certainly in great shape code wise for being a few months old and was pretty god damn good out of the box.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha...Still just opening your mouth to suck anything Stern does eh? Slurp slurp as usual.

Did someone say something? I didn't think so

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did someone say something? I didn't think so

They wont kick you out of Stern Army for being a critical thinker. Not everything anyone does is gold.

Quoted from Hazoff:

SW is certainly in great shape code wise for being a few months old and was pretty god damn good out of the box.

I agree overall but the latest update being pulled for screwing up games doesn't help.

#112 6 years ago

Some people are just not going to be happy know matter what stern does. People say the layouts are all the same and suck. I guess no one has played GOT, BM66, TWD, GB or wrestlemania just to name a few.

I've heard Borg, Franchi art, and Waison as code lead. Not sure if that's true or not. Stern also has lots of awesome stuff coming. Nordman, Mark Ritchie and Keith all have games coming which sounds pretty awesome to me.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

To me that leaves only one choice for a major character that wouldn't be too expensive.....Dave Bautista / Drax. I would totally love Drax giving the player a hard time during a game.

Dave Bautista doing call outs as Drax would probably be my first choice on a GOTG pin regardless of whether they could get anyone else.

As far as a bash toy, I wouldn't mind seeing Thanos somewhere on the playfield.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Some people are just not going to be happy know matter what stern does. People say the layouts are all the same and suck. I guess no one has played GOT, BM66, TWD, GB or wrestlemania just to name a few.
I've heard Borg, Franchi art, and Waison as code lead. Not sure if that's true or not. Stern also has lots of awesome stuff coming. Nordman, Mark Ritchie and Keith all have games coming which sounds pretty awesome to me.

Waison?

Mark Ritchie has had Pulp Fiction in the works for a long time.

Will Keith pick up for Trudeau on Iron Maiden? Yeti art to be awesome again.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I agree overall but the latest update being pulled for screwing up games doesn't help.

I didn't even know that, my pro is running fine.

#116 6 years ago

nobody can ever buy based upon theme. Unfortunately, after seeing how badly they dropped the ball on star wars and GOT, My expectations are low. but it doesn't matter to me either way. GOTG is fantastic theme. The movies are fantastic. But it's going to be on the shitty Spike system, which I refuse to buy ever again. Plus i'm sure the price point is going to be outrageous so the point it mute anyway.

I love GOTG, but don't give a shit about what stern does with it.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

after seeing how badly they dropped the ball on star wars and GOT

both of those pins are great at least the pro versions for me, how did they drop the ball?

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

both of those pins are great at least the pro versions for me, how did they drop the ball?

Art I guess? No Idea, GOT is awesome. And the code update that finished everything came pretty quick as i remember it.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't even know that, my pro is running fine.

Yeah mine too...it might just be prem/LE fork issues but they took 92 down and rolled back .89. And mayeb a board fry or 2...I saw one at least

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nobody can ever buy based upon theme. Unfortunately, after seeing how badly they dropped the ball on star wars and GOT, My expectations are low. but it doesn't matter to me either way. GOTG is fantastic theme. The movies are fantastic. But it's going to be on the shitty Spike system, which I refuse to buy ever again. Plus i'm sure the price point is going to be outrageous so the point it mute anyway.
I love GOTG, but don't give a shit about what stern does with it.

Well, let's see. Stern neither dropped the ball on GOT or Star Wars, and the SPIKE system is rock solid.

Anything else?

#120 6 years ago

Next is definitely Guardians..release info in 2 weeks. Get ready!

#121 6 years ago

<blockquote the SPIKE system is rock solid.
Anything else?

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow....that chick is damn good!!!

Yeah my fav US chick singer, got some great tunes

#123 6 years ago

And hoping the LE's are are actually limited..like 400 max

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

And hoping the LE's are are actually limited..like 400 max

Maybe of about 5 different versions, 400 each. Which would actually be MUCH better than 2500 of anything.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well, let's see. Stern neither dropped the ball on GOT or Star Wars, and the SPIKE system is rock solid.
Anything else?

You must be joking....oh i get it you are being sarcastic

#126 6 years ago

I actually would back off and not buy nib if Lyman is working on it. He takes way too long. Batman is ridiculous in terms of getting out code. I'm also tired of hearing excuses as to why it's not Lyman's fault. Don't really care respectfully. Not my problem. If Lyman works on it, I expect code to be at least year or longer! No thanks.

I hope it's great though!

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Anything else?

Both those games are fantastic, art could have been better on both - but both are amazing players just fun and I for one love multipliers and stacking modes etc.

#128 6 years ago

Well I have been wavering on whether to get a SW Premium or Metallica Premium. Maybe I will wait to see what GotG looks like before making that decision! I love the movies and think the music sound track and call-outs could be epic.

#129 6 years ago

I think that would be a smart idea. The wait is not long either, couple weeks or so. I have this feeling that GOTG is going the the shit!

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Well I have been wavering on whether to get a SW Premium or Metallica Premium. Maybe I will wait to see what GotG looks like before making that decision! I love the movies and think the music sound track and call-outs could be epic.

They will not have the music...pretty much guaranteed not to. Hopefully they have full access to voice clips and video assets though.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? They blow. And the theme integration on both is horrific.

#132 6 years ago

Both on GOT and SW the art package is god awful. Playfields are cheap and uneventful looking. No real toys or anything great on either one. Yes the rules on both GOT and SW is deep, but the games are so empty and generic, who wants to put any time in to get really involved. Both were great themes that could have had a ton of innovation and cool stuff on them. Instead they decided to go back to the econo years and make it look like rolling stones. Sad.

#133 6 years ago

i think average art package (got and sw) or awful as you said if you compare with DY job.
i agree with you and so when you see what JJP can do at the same price (LE vs LE), you wonder why would i buy a (empty) stern game while i can have much more (stuff) and better integration theme with JJP.
i hope Stern asking this question to himself too.

#134 6 years ago

but we know stern can do better. We have seen it and we have seen it on a level when the MSRP was $3400.

TSPP chalked full of toys and shots
GB- great art package, unique layout overall great looking
MET- fantastic art package Little bland on layout uniqueness, but at least it has eventful toys
TF- looks fantastic, all kinds of toys
RBION- Tons of stuff on the field

Besides the econo games where they went extra cheap, (IM,CSI, NBA, BBH, RS, Nascar,) they are capable of doing much better. Some games you can tell they actually try, and others they halfass just to get something new out the door. It's just disappointing when they halfass the major themes people are looking forward to.

#135 6 years ago

everyone knows that it is a question of will and financial.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ut the games are so empty and generic, who wants to put any time in to get really involved.

I do and I'm glad I did, they are amazing, if ur one of the "world under the glass" geeks then ok I guess I get that but thats the last thing of my list as to what makes a pin fun or not. I don't care for TSPP, just doesn't do anything for me, DI looks great and plays well but another games that I just care for, IM, Tron, SW, GOT all pretty simple and as you put it "generic" but way more fun to me than many full featured pins out there.

#137 6 years ago

That was never MSRP in the TSPP LOTR era! That was the absolute dirt low price ever from a low ball distributor. MSRP at that point was around $4300 or more.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I do and I'm glad I did, they are amazing, if ur one of the "world under the glass" geeks then ok I guess I get that but thats the last thing of my list as to what makes a pin fun or not. I don't care for TSPP, just doesn't do anything for me, DI looks great and plays well but another games that I just care for, IM, Tron, SW, GOT all pretty simple and as you put it "generic" but way more fun to me than many full featured pins out there.

Everybody does not have the same expectation when he buys a game. No winner, no loser. And everybody can change his expectations with experience player.
Some people just want a beautiful machine, or a deep rule sheet game, or a fully flowy game, or a mixt/nuanced game, theme....
Everybody has to find his grail(s)

#139 6 years ago

Whoo Hoo!

Who is ready for the next Pin from Stern themed Guardians of the Galaxy? Ladies & Gentlemen this will be the one. I believe Gary Stern had a little angel whisper in his ear and say GET UP YOU SON OF A BITCH! Cause Mickey Loves you!

Yes that's right JJPOTC is a great pin but you know what I AIN'T HEARD NO BELL! For sure I'm buying the new POTC but it is still undetermined which game I will enjoy more?

JJPOTC vs GOTG

Let the Battle Begin! This one shall be EPIC!

JJPOTC VS GOTG NEW (resized).jpgJJPOTC VS GOTG NEW (resized).jpg

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Whoo Hoo!
Who is ready for the next Pin from Stern themed Guardians of the Galaxy? Ladies & Gentlemen this will be the one. I believe Gary Stern had a little angel whisper in his ear and say GET UP YOU SON OF A BITCH! Cause Mickey Loves you!
Yes that's right JJPOTC is a great pin but you know what I AIN'T HEARD NO BELL! For sure I'm buying the new POTC but it is still undetermined which game I will enjoy more?
JJPOTC vs GOTG
Let the Battle Begin! This one shall be EPIC!

Well hopefully you will enjoy both games a lot. If people start comparing the two games, all you are going to hear is the JJP is a tank compared to GOTG etc. I would hope that’s the case considering how much more it’s going to cost. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the GOTG is going to be a pile of crap either though. All of my Sterns have held up just fine and matter of fact I had to give GB a few good hard nudges last night and it didn’t fall into a pile of toothpicks or anything like that so that’s good. I’m not sure which game will be the winner but I am kind of expecting POTC may be because it’s one of the nicest games that I’ve ever seen. I have yet to play it so it may play terrible for all I know but I doubt that will be the case. I think both of these games will be winners!

#141 6 years ago

The game isn't even announced yet and we're already debating its merits and comparing it to other games.

This is why companies pay for licenses!

#142 6 years ago

But it will be announced...very soon...and it will be following the hype of POTC...so rightfully it going to compared to it.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That was never MSRP in the TSPP LOTR era! That was the absolute dirt low price ever from a low ball distributor. MSRP at that point was around $4300 or more.

Eh, I think it's somewhere in the middle. I remember NIB TSPP at $3200 and NIB LOTR at $3400. I passed on many MB machines at $3500 in those days because it was too expensive! LOL!

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

But it will be announced...very soon...and it will be following the hype of POTC...so rightfully it going to compared to it.

Probably scrambling to add some toys and redo the art to make it better so they dont get crapped on

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Probably scrambling to add some toys and redo the art to make it better so they dont get crapped on

I'd almost wager there won't be a price increase this time around.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

that's true. that's what we were paying. I shouldn't have used MSRP as that was only paid by the unknowing.

#147 6 years ago

At one point it was heavily rumored that GOTG would have Keith Elwin as the designer and that it would be based his Archer layout. Has that rumor died or been proven false? I was really hoping that would be true...

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

At one point it was heavily rumored that GOTG would have Keith Elwin as the designer and that it would be based his Archer layout. Has that rumor died or been proven false? I was really hoping that would be true...

Several people that I trust have said it's Borg's game. Which makes sense as Aerosmith was done for a while and was pushed back so BM66 could be the expo reveal. So that would give Borg a year+ on it.

#149 6 years ago

My suggestion, for what it’s worth, is to be patient and not let this shiny new toy weaken your business discipline when it’s announced. I used to bite on the hype train and pre-order like a fool so I know that emotion runs high and can cloud judgements. We rarely know all the details at announcement, particularly the quality of code, call outs, and music, which are very, very important and an easy letdown.

Make Stern earn your hard earned dollars. Hold back a bit and maybe some better deals might happen or Stern will have to provide more details. In any case, us falling all over each other screaming, “take our money,” will only guarantee higher prices.

I offer this humble advice as a BM66 pre-order customer from 31 August 2016. Its my most expensive game ever, still has Alpha code, and GotG will be the third game out since. By pre-ordering I gave Stern my money and power over me while I “hope” for code. Be smarter than I was and exercise a little discipline.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Never heard that. You need better intel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/3?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.