34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I’m going to walk this one back after this new pic surfaced. It’s not a mustard brown yellow color like in the initial pics for the LE, but a more gold with ‘The Collector’ style laser etching. I am digging it.

Agree, The etching breaks up the gold and looks really nice. Hoping this is what is on the LE and not the solid ones originally pictured.......

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I’m going to walk this one back after this new pic surfaced. It’s not a mustard brown yellow color like in the initial pics for the LE, but a more gold with ‘The Collector’ style laser etching. The black breaking up the gold looks good. I am digging it.

Are these updated LE side rails? Or Stern upgrades? Like the ones they offered over the standard rails on GBLE, ASLE etc..

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are these updated LE side rails? Or Stern upgrades? Like the ones they offered over the standard rails on GBLE, ASLE etc..

No idea, I have not seen an official statement or upgraded picture from Stern. Would be odd for them to offer upgraded side rails in gold and not black for Pro/Pre...

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They look like upgraded aftermarket ones, but nothing has been announced by Stern. Pinside just assumed they were the "new" LE armour. Also no confirmation about the songs AFAIK. All assumptions at the moment.

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They look like upgraded aftermarket ones, but nothing has been announced by Stern. Pinside just assumed they were the "new" LE armour. Also no confirmation about the songs AFAIK. All assumptions at the moment.

Didn’t the news about the songs come from the SDTM guys?

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well, I would be pretty shocked if these aren't an extra $400 like the KISS ones.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I would be pretty shocked if these aren't an extra $400 like the KISS ones.

I hope not cuz the ones they currently have pictured look like complete ass. And I will not be purchasing for $400 out of principle if they put the ass ones on intentionally.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I hope not cuz the ones they currently have pictured look like complete ass. And I will not be purchasing for $400 out of principle if they put the ass ones on intentionally.

You have an LE in order? Why not get a premium and use the money you saved on these new rails? Seems like a win win.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t the news about the songs come from the SDTM guys?

I think that's where it came from. Nothing from Stern though.

#710 6 years ago

that powder gold looks like complete ass in general. If they are going to do that, they should have done them in brass so it matches the lettering on the cabinet. Then I could see it. or if they put it on the premium on purpose, just to get people to buy LE over premium.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The upgraded armor is doubtful, The GOTG game "Matrix" would have stated laser cut armor. Safe bet its an optional accessory, just like GB & AS was. Last I checked armor is around $250, your distributor might sweeten the deal if you bought a game from them. (ASLE armor for reference, & upgrade as well)

Quoted from cooked71:

I think that's where it came from. Nothing from Stern though.

I don't think they said it in the video I watched it like 5 times lol, but they updated their posting info... pic attached.

SDTM info (resized).PNGSDTM info (resized).PNG

AS armor (resized).PNGAS armor (resized).PNG
ASLE (resized).PNGASLE (resized).PNG

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

The upgraded armor is doubtful, The GOTG game "Matrix" would have stated laser cut armor. Safe bet, just like GB & AS was. Last I checked armor is around $250, your distributor might sweeten the deal if you bought a game from them. (ASLE armor for reference, & upgrade as well)

I don't think they said it in the video I watched it like 5 times lol, but they updated their posting info... pic attached.

Wouldn't that mean they would have to include a LDB as well since the pro and prem are black. Or are you suggesting they are limiting the market for these upgrades to just the LE version?

#713 6 years ago

Now we get to beat them up about which two songs they picked. Joking aside, if it's true they got two songs, I hope one of them isn't Escape(Pina colada song). I like the song in small doses, but it would get old fast. I'd prefer Hooked on a Feeling, and I liked the idea of Cherry Bomb for a mode.

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Wouldn't that mean they would have to include a LDB as well since the pro and prem are black. Or are you suggesting they are limiting the market for these upgrades to just the LE version?

I don't believe so, previously they offered a matching LE color and a base color. I bet we see a upgraded armor LE Gold and Base Black or (wrinkle black finish) Really makes no sense to not offer an upgraded accessory, its more revenue for Stern, I have them on my GB, and plan on the same for GOTG, protects the side graphics/vinyl & IMHO its much better on my GB's vs standard.

photos for reference.

GB had LE green and Prem/Pro Black
AS had LE Purple and Prem/Pro Black

GB black (resized).PNGGB black (resized).PNG
GB Green (resized).PNGGB Green (resized).PNG
AS Black and Purple (resized).PNGAS Black and Purple (resized).PNG

#715 6 years ago

Aren’t the add ons usually shown after the game has been released?

#716 6 years ago

Poop. Y’all are probably right being the upgraded armor. I was hoping with what they did with the SW LE armor that they’d do something awesome with these too Probably waaaay too much to hope for

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Aren’t the add ons usually shown after the game has been released?

The new armour picture just came off a DeadFlip social media feed, with no explanation. Stern hasn't said anything about it being the new LE armour.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Pinball is serious, no time for sarcasm you butt munch.

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is there a date/time for the dead flip stream yet?

No not yet but we should know something soon hopefully.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

No idea, I have not seen an official statement or upgraded picture from Stern. Would be odd for them to offer upgraded side rails in gold and not black for Pro/Pre...

To be honest, nothing surprises me with Stern any more. They have turned the LE model into a waste of money now.

Rob

#721 6 years ago

Stern really should put the strengthening on all the cabinets "especially" on the pro as in theory they are for the operators and should withstand alot of moving around

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The new armour picture just came off a DeadFlip social media feed, with no explanation. Stern hasn't said anything about it being the new LE armour.

Per Stern FB the laser cut armor will be sold separately, not included on LE.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Per Stern FB the laser cut armor will be sold separately, not included on LE.

Really? Must of missed that.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Really? Must of missed that.

Yup posted on another similar thread but here's the proof for everyone else.

GOTG confirm (resized).PNGGOTG confirm (resized).PNG

#725 6 years ago

That sucks, but expected it. Looks like premium with the armour will be the go. I would only miss the screened back glass from the LE. And can wait to play it or until code matures.

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That sucks, but expected it. Looks like premium with the armour will be the go. I would only miss the screened back glass from the LE. And can wait to play it or until code matures.

As a BM66 owner I’m sure you will agree, Franchi’s art looks phenomenal even on a translite, it was the first thing I noticed when I turned on my BM66LE, the translite just pops and looks amazing.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are we going down that path again about backglasses ???

Stern has not used the screen backglass since Star Trek 2013.

Walking Dead 2014 Stern introduced the new technology that uses a high definition mirrored decal transfer.

#728 6 years ago

What are the cash/wire street prices?

Pro

Premium

LE

#729 6 years ago

500 more
1500 more
the dead are coming....
No thats a quote from LOTR

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To be honest, nothing surprises me with Stern any more. They have turned the LE model into a waste of money now.
Rob

it always was.

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Walking Dead 2014 Stern introduced the new technology that uses a high definition mirrored decal transfer.

Screened glass/transfer, whatever it's called. I'm just saying that's the only difference I would miss by not buying LE. Not a reference to the printing technology.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Screened glass/transfer, whatever it's called. I'm just saying that's the only difference I would miss by not buying LE. Not a reference to the printing technology.

Looking up at my BM66LE translite sure makes missing that backglass on GOTGLE a whole lot easier. The LE translite pops better than some back glasses I have on my walls, Franchi could print his artwork on newspaper and it would still look awesome!

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I hope it’s not too much off topic here etc, but my STLE is a really nice looking game! It’s the only LE I have purchased nib, because it felt like I was getting a lot of cool stuff for the extra money.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I hope it’s not too much off topic here etc, but my STLE is a really nice looking game! It’s the only LE I have purchased nib, because it felt like I was getting a lot of cool stuff for the extra money.

ST is a great game. If I didn’t dislike the theme so much I would so own a ST.

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I remember buying my STLE and asking why it cost sooo much at 13k. Now thats the price for a Premium here

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Yep, I bought TWDLE after that and that was the end of LE's for me. I would love a STVE based on the OG series. Any news on when we will see some GOTG gameplay? the suspense is killing me.

#737 6 years ago

Groot_1 (resized).pngGroot_1 (resized).png

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, I bought TWDLE after that and that was the end of LE's for me. I would love a STVE based on the OG series. Any news on when we will see some GOTG gameplay? the suspense is killing me.

Deadflip stream is scheduled for the 20th.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Deadflip stream is scheduled for the 20th.

To far out - need something much sooner....

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No, order LE now!!!

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, order LE now!!!

Yes that will be much quicker

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I imagine it will be at IAAPA on the 14th and FPF on the 17th in Orlando.

#743 6 years ago

I'll be in Orlando during IAAPA again this year. We went last year and it's a pretty amazing expo.

We weren't going to go this year because it didn't really fit the schedule, but I may have to sneak over myself to give Guardians a try.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'll be in Orlando during IAAPA again this year. We went last year and it's a pretty amazing expo.
We weren't going to go this year because it didn't really fit the schedule, but I may have to sneak over myself to give Guardians a try.

You definitely got to get over there and play Guardians and give us all a full report about the game Wolf!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 28.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.