34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg

There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sarcasm bro.....you know ha ha funny type stuff? I do believe it will be a home fun when it’s all said and done but I’m basically just being silly right now when I say that. I do love what I see though so far. Being a little sarcastic and having some fun is far better than all the F*cking negative Nancy’s around this place.

Borderline spam though WD...but positive is a good thing. At least you're consistent and dont get sucked in.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sarcasm bro.....you know ha ha funny type stuff? I do believe it will be a home fun when it’s all said and done but I’m basically just being silly right now when I say that. I do love what I see though so far. Being a little sarcastic and having some fun is far better than all the F*cking negative Nancy’s around this place.

Fun is good, but I was once in your shoes and being silly happy about my BM66 pre-order in August 2016, and it was an even more beautiful game IMHO, as well as a magnificent nostalgic theme with one of the best coders in the world assigned to it. I had to finish assembling my game when it arrived and people in the club thread are re-designing a crappy ramp and many other parts due to poor engineering. We're still in alpha code with major inserts not implemented and basically have a grand total of 4 real modes. That's a lot to turn someone into a Negative Nancy. But it's our fault for buying before playing, jumping on the hype wagon, etc. Some people here who have been burned in the past are expressing themselves in various ways, but really I think they're trying to talk people down from the roof before they put themselves into the same regrettable situation. Patience is a virtue. The game might be great, but no one will know until they play it many times.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Borderline spam though WD...but positive is a good thing. At least you're consistent and dont get sucked in.

I’m excited about this new game and I love pinball. I have enough negativity in my life with job stress and just everyday life in general, I don’t want my pinball to be negative. Pinball is my escape from the real world and if I ever get in as bad of a mood as some of these people do over it around here, I am going to be so F’ing done with this hobby that you won’t believe it. That’s never going to happen though because I’m not going to let it happen.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, NOT a fan of the gold... Sux to have to spend the $ on the LE to just have to replace the legs etc... But that's what I will probably wind up doing.

why get the LE then? Just get the premium and customize it. Save yourself a bunch of money. Powdercoating is cheap. I can get a 9 piece set of armor/legs for under $300. (including the hardware). Any color I want. Shit is dirt cheap.

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Fun is good, but I was once in your shoes and being silly happy about my BM66 pre-order in August 2016, and it was an even more beautiful game IMHO, as well as a magnificent nostalgic theme with one of the best coders in the world assigned to it. I had to finish assembling my game when it arrived and people in the club thread are re-designing a crappy ramp and many other parts due to poor engineering. We're still in alpha code with major inserts not implemented and basically have a grand total of 4 real modes. That's a lot to turn someone into a Negative Nancy. But it's our fault for buying before playing, jumping on the hype wagon, etc. Some people here who have been burned in the past are expressing themselves in various ways, but really I think they're trying to talk people down from the roof before they put themselves into the same regrettable situation. Patience is a virtue. The game might be great, but no one will know until they play it many times.

Batman66 was my dream theme also but Stern priced me out on it by not making a Pro model and raising their prices on it above normal pricing. I wasn’t happy about it and it pretty much had me a little angry I won’t lie. I think the way they did the whole BM66 thing was a total disaster and a slap in the face to their customers and I’d tell that to Gary right to his face without hesitation. I have been sucked into the hype of things also but something this expensive people shouldn’t have bought this game without seeing any gameplay or even seeing what it looked like for that matter. I don’t think anyone ever dreamed that Stern would lay such a egg like they did and I didn’t think they would either. What they did with BM66 was a total disgrace period, but nobody should have bought the game either without seeing gameplay of it........lesson learned for sure.

With that being said though I finally got to play Batman66 and I actually think it’s a pretty fun game. I also think they will keep working on it and make it a good game but that game was nowhere close to being ready for people to purchase. I think it’s going to end up good though when it’s finished but they still did wrong no matter what and I can’t believe that they did what they did. No free pass from me on that deal at all.

#656 6 years ago

Is the pro missing both spinners or just one? From the play field pictures it looks like it's missing both which sucks.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is the pro missing both spinners or just one? From the play field pictures it looks like it's missing both which sucks.

both, stern wanted to save a few bucks.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

That's a crock of sh*t, spinners are cheap as chips but rock! They are the easiest, cheapest and most fun thing Stern can add to a game, could at least give the pro one!

Hopefully the guys behind the MET spinner kit can do something similar for GOTG, plus a magnet kit/mod would be great and add the two extra magnets back in

#659 6 years ago

While you guys are arguing, what do you folks think of a mini cassette player mod. Tape would actually roll inside housing.

walkman (resized).jpgwalkman (resized).jpg

star-loard-cassette (resized).jpgstar-loard-cassette (resized).jpg

star-loard-tape (resized).jpgstar-loard-tape (resized).jpg

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the gold is terrible. I'd think a candy apple blue would look good.

I agree the gold is not the best choice !
Hopefully there is other options on the LE

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

While you guys are arguing, what do you folks think of a mini cassette player mod. Tape would actually roll inside housing.

Who is arguing? For a change I don't see much arguing on this reveal it's all quite pleasant..? something isn't right

Love the idea of a tape player would be perfect if it could go in the apron! Someone's posted a photoshop mockup of one where the pricing card is and it looked perfect!

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who is arguing?

There should have been:

1. Spinners on PRO
2. Wire forms on PRE/LE
3. Sound tracks from the movie
4. Thanos toy
5. Vines on Ramps (not hands) - or maybe have the fingers move a bit
6. No gold trim on LE
7. Star lords ship toy with cool integrated lights

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

There should have been:
1. Spinners on PRO
2. Wire forms on PRE/LE
4. Thanos toy
6. No gold trim on LE

1) Agree 100%. I hate when stern does this.
2) Agree
3) Agree
4) There are only so many toys they will include... mod it!
5) Mod
6) Agree
7) Mod

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

There should have been:
1. Spinners on PRO
2. Wire forms on PRE/LE
4. Thanos toy
6. No gold trim on LE

That's not arguing, that's all facts!

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Nah, they wanted Pro buyers to feel almost forced into buying the Premium by stripping features that cost them virtually nothing. Removing the spinners is complete BS, atleast I can add the service rails.

With that said, ignorance is bliss (if it’s going to save my $1800 bucks) I love my TWD Pro even without the spinners. I would opt for the Pro just on principle.

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Nah, they wanted Pro buyers to feel almost forced into buying the Premium by stripping features that cost them virtually nothing. Removing the spinners is complete BS, atleast I can add the service rails.
With that said, ignorance is bliss (if it’s going to save my $1800 bucks) I love my TWD Pro even without the spinners. I would opt for the Pro just on principle.

That's the thing, is anyone really going to pay nearly 2k more for 2 spinners and 2 more magnets? If Stern did that to make people consider upgrading surely they don't think we/their customers are that stupid!?

There is nothing on the Premium that I don't believe can be added to the Pro. We have already seen a killer spinner kit for MET, I am sure we will see one here, Rocket can probably be put on a coil to move and his gun is guaranteed to be modded with a red led, if it's possible to run the 2 extra magnets off the single factory one (depending how Stern have it setup, codes) i can see a magnet mod, those Groot hands will be 3D printed or sculpted by someone or even better custom ramps that look like Groot is growing over the playfield, as for the orb there are people more than talented enough to make one that opens and that is superior & I am sure at some point TimeBandit will bring his awesome GI total lightshow to Spike 2 eventually which has deeper lighting than Sterns LEs.

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

There should have been:
1. Spinners on PRO
2. Wire forms on PRE/LE
4. Thanos toy
6. No gold trim on LE

Aha.... you want a super SLE for 14k

#669 6 years ago

Has anyone heard if it will include music from the Soundtrack?

It looks great, but if it doesn't have some of the Awsome Mix Tape tracks, then I'll be disappointed.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Has anyone heard if it will include music from the Soundtrack?
It looks great, but if it doesn't have some of the Awsome Mix Tape tracks, then I'll be disappointed.

Not included. Only the theme music.

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's the thing, is anyone really going to pay nearly 2k more for 2 spinners and 2 more magnets? If Stern did that to make people consider upgrading surely they don't think we/their customers are that stupid!?
There is nothing on the Premium that I don't believe can be added to the Pro. We have already seen a killer spinner kit for MET, I am sure we will see one here, Rocket can probably be put on a coil to move and his gun is guaranteed to be modded with a red led, if it's possible to run the 2 extra magnets off the single factory one (depending how Stern have it setup, codes) i can see a magnet mod, those Groot hands will be 3D printed or sculpted by someone or even better custom ramps that look like Groot is growing over the playfield, as for the orb there are people more than talented enough to make one that opens and that is superior & I am sure at some point timebandit will bring his awesome GI total lightshow to Spike 2 eventually which has deeper lighting than Sterns LEs.

A little odd that you are making a case not to upgrade to a premium because the value isn't there when you own 5 stern premium/LE's. People that buy premiums want the full featured game and the light show is a big part of that and is no way easily replicated or moded. I also don't see people trying to add additional magnets to a pro, they wouldn't be coded properly anyway. The spinner kit for MET pro is nice but once again it's not coded into the game the same as on the premium/LE.

If you want to make a case that Borg pro's are by far the best value to get and you don't lose much in game play then I completely agree. But 99.9% of the population would not be able to add the things to a pro to make it equivalent to the premium. By the time you buy all of those very highly priced custom mods and spend hours of your life installing them you would have been much better off just buying the premium if those features are important to you. The whole point of the pro is for people that want the cheapest game and don't mind losing a few features.

#672 6 years ago

I don't think anyone is being fooled into thinking they are getting $2k more value in a Premium over a Pro, or $3k for an LE for that matter. Speaking for myself, I always go Premium over Pro if I get a pin (LEs have gotten too high for me). I like the little extras. I don't consider myself to be stupid (others might disagree ). I go into every purchase eyes wide open. My choices might not be the same as others, and that's cool, I try not to judge how other people spend their cash.

#673 6 years ago

I've always gotten the extra cost back when selling a premium or LE. For that simple reason I don't care what the difference in cost versus value is. I want the game with the spinners, RGB LEDs, etc, etc.

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I try not to judge how other people spend their cash.

Get out of here then! You're obviously not welcome around here .

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Get out of here then! You're obviously not welcome around here .

Meanie head

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

A little odd that you are making a case not to upgrade to a premium because the value isn't there when you own 5 stern premium/LE's. People that buy premiums want the full featured game and the light show is a big part of that and is no way easily replicated or moded. I also don't see people trying to add additional magnets to a pro, they wouldn't be coded properly anyway. The spinner kit for MET pro is nice but once again it's not coded into the game the same as on the premium/LE.
If you want to make a case that Borg pro's are by far the best value to get and you don't lose much in game play then I completely agree. But 99.9% of the population would not be able to add the things to a pro to make it equivalent to the premium. By the time you buy all of those very highly priced custom mods and spend hours of your life installing them you would have been much better off just buying the premium if those features are important to you. The whole point of the pro is for people that want the cheapest game and don't mind losing a few features.

Not making a case not to upgrade, simply saying I find the upgrades these days hard to justify and like you rightfully said in the past I have often made the jump from Pro to Prem/LE, so your preaching to the choir and I will happily admit right now I have always felt pretty good about it. I was more trying to say that I find it hard to believe Stern removed 2 x $10 spinners and 2 x $40 magnets (and those are our costs from parts retailers, Sterns wholesale price will be pennies) and it was all part of their master plan.

Not once when I brought any of my Prem/LE titles did I only get 2 x $10 spinners and 2 x $40 magnets for the jump up, even my most recent and most stupid purchase BM66LE was worth the jump in materials, it was about £900 more than the Prem but the LE came with the topper, I am not normally a topper guy but the BM66LE topper is awesome, Stern charge about £400-£550 for their official toppers here, side rails cut into Batmanesque designs and powder coated black with silver sparkle, to do all that here, including prepping the existing premium armour, it would have cost me £200- £300, so the difference was there in physical cost and the extra £100-200 that isn't accounted for, I guess we can say that's what I paid for the limited edition status and more importantly the art (translite) package I liked the most.

I am a big fan of Stern don't get me wrong I want them to continue thriving but at the same time I would like them to stop taking us all for granted and at times down right taking the piss. Tron, ST, TWD, MET etc, there was a jump from Pro to Prem to LE, but there was alot of extras on those titles and at least on those titles Stern made you "feel" like you where getting value and your monies worth, even with BM66 if you ignore the base price to begin with and the SLE and just focus on the jump between Prem and LE it was worth it.

IMO GOTG Pro should have kept the spinners and maybe even the opening orb and the Prem/LE could of had Groots hands that move with a magnet in each to pick up or interfere with the balls, I would have made that jump from Pro to Prem/LE in a heartbeat, yeah it wouldn't be worth it from a material stand point but the awesomeness of it would be worth it.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've always gotten the extra cost back when selling a premium or LE. For that simple reason I don't care what the difference in cost versus value is. I want the game with the spinners, RGB LEDs, etc, etc.

I am a Pro guy but I’m kinda thinking Premium on this game here. One thing though that would make me drop out on the Premium probably is if Groot hands block the view of the orbits and spinners etc. I wouldn’t like that and I have a feeling that they might.

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am a Pro guy but I’m kinda thinking Premium on this game here. One thing though that would make me drop out on the Premium probably is if Groot hands block the view of the orbits and spinners etc. I wouldn’t like that and I have a feeling that they might.

They look to be easily removed.

#679 6 years ago

I'm not saying I agree with the business model Stern has for pricing, but I've always seen it as this.

Pro - Stern says... What's the minimum we can justify pricing a game for and still have it flip. We still want as much profit as we can get, but operators could care less if there's a spinner or drop target or not. In fact, less stuff to break is usually better. And customers in a barcades rarely will come up to a game they want to play and say "no thanks, it doesn't have spinners, I'll go elsewhere with my quarters/dollars"

Prem - Stern says... let's add in some of the "necessary" items that collectors want in their homes before buying. We'll add maybe $100-200 to the BOM and jack up the price by $1.5-2k. Should be much better for our bottom line and investors.

LE - Stern says... (wait, how do you spell "rubbing hands together with an evil maniacal laugh"??)

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I foresee a market for selling removed Groot hands to Pro owners.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have you seen the mock up of the ramps with vines and branches woven around and along them that either Pimp77 or T-800 did in the GOTG is here thread? It has the potential to look great if made by the right person and better than the big hands imo.

#682 6 years ago

I doubt that stern sold more than 80 WWELE’s , what a great way to reduce cost on this pin by using The armor and legs left in stock .

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm a premium/LE guy. I hate to say it but I would have to agree with those thinking about removing the hands. Unless by some miracle they designed the game so they don't block the view... I would also be looking into modding/removing that plastic blocking view of the left lanes.

#684 6 years ago

If you are going to remove the hands off the premium, why not just buy a pro?? Probably a better art package anyway.

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If you are going to remove the hands off the premium, why not just buy a pro?? Probably a better art package anyway.

Spinners and lights, lights and spinners

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Spinners and lights, lights and spinners

Now you're really pushing the value equation.

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

- Rocket figurine with coil assisted gunfire recoil
- Motorized Orb mechanism opens and closes to reveal the illuminated Infinity Stone
- Three playfield magnets in the middle of the playfield to divert balls and create multiball chaos
- 3 RGB LED multicolor pop bumpers
- 2 spinners
- Ramp decals at ramp entrances
- All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access
- Powder-coated steel bottom arch
- RGB LED lighting for inserts throughout the playfield
- General illumination LED lighting (red, white, blue)

#688 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you seen the mock up of the ramps with vines and branches woven around and along them that either pimp77 or t-800 did in the GOTG is here thread? It has the potential to look great if made by the right person and better than the big hands imo.

Yeah I seen that, looks pretty good I thought

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Motorized Orb mechanism opens and closes to reveal the illuminated Infinity Stone

Doesn't the Pro Orb open?

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn't the Pro Orb open?

Pro has: Orb toy (static) in open position with illuminated Infinity stone

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

- Motorized Orb mechanism opens and closes to reveal the illuminated Infinity Stone
- Three playfield magnets in the middle of the playfield to divert balls and create multiball chaos
- 2 spinners

add

-Goot Arms
-Sling Shot flashers
- (NOT CONFIRMED), Stern Cliffy's, Pro seems to be missing them, Prem & LE seem to have them
- (NOT CONFIRMED) Stern Cabinet metal support hopefully this is added to all cabinets Pro, Prem, LE

FYI
-buttons & flippers, Pro = yellow/yellow, Prem white/white, LE= red/white

Its late that will do... I will check more later.

Current Total list
- 2 spinners
-Goot Arms
-Sling Shot flashers
- (NOT CONFIRMED), Stern Cliffy's, Pro seems to be missing them, Prem & LE seem to have them
- (NOT CONFIRMED) Stern Cabinet metal support hopefully this is added to all cabinets Pro, Prem, LE

GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNGGOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG

Stern cab 2 (resized).jpgStern cab 2 (resized).jpg

Stern cab1 (resized).jpgStern cab1 (resized).jpg

#692 6 years ago

The wife is super excited about this title. She absolutely loves the movie. Really hoping they get the awesome mix music license...that music is every bit apart of the movie as the theatrical score. I am a disappointed in the use of plastic ramps on the premium/LE instead of wire metal ones. I was thinking that was going to be the new norm after GB, BM, AS and SW. Don’t have to worry about them breaking after a while, cleaning more, or having to Novus 2ing when metal.

And the mustard yellow is atrocious. Second the candy apple blue or purple armor. But I do like they finally added the blades and a shaker with the LEs.

#693 6 years ago

Too bad they learn things the hard way, but the the cabinets are sure sturdy as hell now!

#694 6 years ago

I wish we could see some gameplay footage before the Dead Flip stream. The suspense is killing me for real.

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I am a disappointed in the use of plastic ramps on the premium/LE instead of wire metal ones. I was thinking that was going to be the new norm after GB, BM, AS and SW.

Are plastic ramps that much cheaper to make than metal? Maybe it’s a design choice? Steve seems to prefer the use of metal ramps in his games, where as Borg seems to prefer the use of plastic.

GOTG could of had a similar setup to ST Prem/LE, plastic ramp entrances transition into metal wireform returns.

#696 6 years ago

I don't have a personal preference, but it's more complicated than 'Borg prefers plastic.' Aero, Met, Kiss, TWD Pro have metal as well as many older examples.

Complexity, lighting & visual appearance, and price all have to play into the decision. But I have to believe that vacuum formed plastic is cheaper to make than assembling wire form.

#697 6 years ago

Pinball is serious, no time for sarcasm you butt munch.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish we could see some gameplay footage before the Dead Flip stream. The suspense is killing me for real.

Is there a date/time for the dead flip stream yet?

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I don't have a personal preference, but it's more complicated than 'Borg prefers plastic.' Aero, Met, Kiss, TWD Pro have metal as well as many older examples.
Complexity, lighting & visual appearance, and price all have to play into the decision. But I have to believe that vacuum formed plastic is cheaper to make than assembling wire form.

Kiss is plastic ramp entrances wire returns, TWD is all plastic. Looking back through Ritchie’s games and Borg’s, Steve certainly uses metal ramps/wireforms more often than not and Borg’s designs seem to favour plastic.

The decision is definitely made for multiple reasons, cost/budget, design aesthetics, theme, lighting, but I also think they might have their personal preferences.

At the end of the day as long as the ramps are super fast and smooth I am happy, but i enjoying hearing how the designers think and the reasons they make certain decisions during the design process, so it would be interesting to hear from them both if it is a preference or not.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

And the mustard yellow is atrocious. Second the candy apple blue or purple armor.

I’m going to walk this one back after this new pic surfaced. It’s not a mustard brown yellow color like in the initial pics for the LE, but a more gold with ‘The Collector’ style laser etching. The black breaking up the gold looks good. I am digging it.

34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 49.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 22.50
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.