34E75029-AD31-42E8-87E6-96BA5E403E0C (resized).jpeg
Stern cab1 (resized).jpg
Stern cab 2 (resized).jpg
GOTG pro no cliffy (resized).PNG
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg
purple-rails (resized).jpg
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

From what I read the next 2 movies for GOTG are the next 2 Avenger movies. So we may not see another stand alone GOTG film for possibly 3-4 years if at all now.....

They will be part of the infinity wars movie which they should be and it's going to be awesome. #3 is already in the works and is supposed to be the last at least for the current group of actors.

#452 6 years ago

Pics and press release I'm told is next week.

Sounds like a Funhouse 2.0 Groot eats balls. I'm looking forward to seeing it but after Alien and JJPirates I'm tapped.

With everybody stepping up their game you're going to have to make one hell of a good game with good toys that's worth money for me to buy something for my collection.

#453 6 years ago

Now there's some good hype! Ball eating head

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Now there's some good hype! Ball eating head

Prediction - reuse of Met Snake Jaw mech for the mouth.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Prediction - reuse of Met Snake Jaw mech for the mouth.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Nope. Borg just has a trend of re-purposing old features & mechs. If it works, it works.

#457 6 years ago

Once the press release comes out and teaser pics come out everyone's gonna lose their shit so if you don't have a game or two sold already by the weekend to fund this game you've been warned.
Star Wars will be old news.

"Always be prepared"

There's some hype for you

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Once the press release comes out and teaser pics come out everyone's gonna lose their shit so if you don't have a game or two sold already by the weekend to fund this game you've been warned.
"Always be prepared"

Damn, now that's some hype. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sounds like a Funhouse 2.0 Groot eats balls. I'm looking forward to seeing it but after Alien and JJPirates I'm tapped.
With everybody stepping up their game you're going to have to make one hell of a good game with good toys that's worth money for me to buy something for my collection.

Do you eventually know who is doing the code?

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

"Always be prepared"

Anything is better than Star Wars. Remaining cautiously optimistic

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Haha, sounds good, what else you got? Come on man, the reveal is only a week away.

#462 6 years ago

This thread is getting me hyped!

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

"Always be prepared"

Hmm.....interesting! I hope you’re not just blowing smoke up our a$$es.

#464 6 years ago

Any news on licensed music?

#466 6 years ago

I sold a game already a few weeks ago and I'm dying to see the outcome on this title. If any good I'm in.
Only saw the first movie and don't remember half of it, just that it was good. But hey Zoe Saldana is a big +

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

"Always be prepared"

Did forget to put in the sarcasm emoji with your post?

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sounds like a Funhouse 2.0 Groot eats balls.

While at first read that does sound cool, thinking about it there is a lot of other things from the films that could be a main feature/toy in the game that could be better than a big Groot head, kinda reminds me of Gene head we had pretty recently on KISS.

Needs the Dance off scene putting into a cool mode with purple and white flashing GI though!

#469 6 years ago

F--k Groot... seriously. Way. WAY overplayed. Glad to not have to want to buy this game if he's overused and/or a big huge toy on the playfield. Would seriously much rather have Ronan as a toy than Groot-Scoot-Riot...and by "scoot", I mean that thing that dogs do when they have worms and leave brown smears of feces all over the room. =Þ

*goes back into the void*

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

F--k Groot... seriously. Way. WAY overplayed. Glad to not have to want to buy this game if he's overused and/or a big huge toy on the playfield. Would seriously much rather have Ronan as a toy than Groot-Scoot-Riot...and by "scoot", I mean that thing that dogs do when they have worms and leave brown smears of feces all over the room. =Þ
*goes back into the void*

At least make it Groot & Rocket, I will take Rocket on Groots shoulders, Groot can eat the ball, Rocket can fire them back at me with one of his oversized guns, worked pretty well on the TX mech on T3.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

"Always be prepared"

so your saying nobody learned anything and will go back to buying games they havn't played.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so your saying nobody learned anything and will go back to buying games they havn't played.

Conception team (design and code), layout, artwork, features, toys can always tell you many things about the game and wake up hype for those who have lost it coz of last games.
That is human.
I don’t want to be extremist and say « never again ». I’m just way more selective in my choices and wait for a theme I love and first reviews ( about gameplay, quality issues). You know the last game I bought are Met pro led Nib 2-3 months ago and TWD le last year. So I knew all I needed to know about these games. I’m not a LE buyer so I’m not in the hurry to buy.

The hype now with this game is also to know how stern is answering to jjp potc.

#473 6 years ago

Gomez did al the marvel pins.
So the Keith Elwin playfield (Archer) with a toutch of Gomez and a toy from borg.
Thats wat it is i think.

Keith-Elwin-and-his-Archer-Pinball-game (resized).jpgKeith-Elwin-and-his-Archer-Pinball-game (resized).jpg

#474 6 years ago

Reveal is Tuesday according to Kaneda's last ever podcast.

#475 6 years ago

I think it's too soon for archer to be guardians, can't wait to see though.

#476 6 years ago

I’ve never bought a game new, much less one I didn’t try first unless I knew it was a serious bargain, but this one might be where I take the plunge.
My family is obsessed with GOTG. My 17 yr old DAUGHTER made a star lord costume from scratch and my 11 year old daughter is going to be Gamora for Halloween. Even my wife will probably be ok with this. She’d probably want a divorce if I told her I was bringing in any other machines. She will probably make me make space first. Darn compromises.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Gomez did al the marvel pins.
So the Keith Elwin playfield (Archer) with a toutch of Gomez and a toy from borg.
Thats wat it is i think.

Gomez has only designed one Marvel pin that was The Avengers. He has done Batman twice (BDK & BM66) but that's DC.
Borg is the Marvel pin king currently after designing, Ironman, X-men and if its next Guardians of the Galaxy.
Steve Ritchie also has one Marvel title under his belt with Spider-Man.

There was a rumour Keith's Archer design was going to be used this year and possibly GOTG but after the John Trudeau stuff came out there has most probably been a release shake up. I always thought watching Keith's design, if Stern where to re-theme it for the masses, it would make a pretty awesome Fast & Furious pin.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gomez has only designed one Marvel pin that was The Avengers, he has done Batman twice with the Dark Knight and Batman 66 but that's DC.
Borg is the Marvel pin king currently after designing, Ironman, X-men and if its next Guardians of the Galaxy.
Steve Ritchie also has one Marvel title under his belt with Spider-Man.

If that is gomez’s Super hero body of work, I would prefer him not to do Guardians.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Reveal is Tuesday according to Kaneda's last ever podcast.

Tuesday is good with me.

#480 6 years ago

I hope the Tuesday rumor is true. The suspense is killing me!

#481 6 years ago

Pro is the way to go...you heard it here first!

#482 6 years ago

Announcement on Tuesday works well for me.

I'll be at the factory on Wednesday with my family visiting John. Hopefully they'll have some pros they're getting ready to ship overseas that are playable.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pro is the way to go...you heard it here first!

I hope you are right because I’m broke as a bad joke right now!

#484 6 years ago

What will the pricing be? Pros on the rise and LE's have gone $7999, $8299 and $8499 on last 3 (excluding BM66)

Don't forget what Franchi said too about this pin when he saw it as well. "Save your money".

Heard that one before but I wonder how many people passed on SW will gobble this one up?

This should be a real test of people's resolve who hate Stern

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What will the pricing be? Pros on the rise and LE's have gone $7999, $8299 and $8499 on last 3 (excluding BM66)
Don't forget what Franchi said too about this pin when he saw it as well. "Save your money".
Heard that one before but I wonder how many people passed on SW will gobble this one up?

I have this strange feeling that this game is going to be so epic that it’s going to shut most of the haters up. There will of course still be the die hard haters but nobody pays any attention to them anyways. I just heard from another source iceman that I won’t reveal, that people are going to sh*t their pants when they see this game! I’m not trying to start no rumors here but that’s what I heard. I’m trying not to get too excited but it’s really hard not to.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can only speak for myself, but at the end of the day it is still a Stern with all its shortcomings and cutting the corners. I could have lived with the decrease of everything IF Stern would have solved my issues a bit more quick. I know that this may not be true for people in the USA but I've waited once 9 weeks and once 3 months on a nodeboard. I am still waiting on a replacement GB playfield, 13 months and counting.

I literally had one problem with a JJP and they sent me the parts needed the next working day. Five days later the issue was resolved. They deserve my money.

edit: By the way, I do not hate Stern in any way, I am just fed up with their handling of things at the moment. Paying these amounts of money for something should get you some customer service. Most things I fix myself and not even need Stern, but in the cases I mentioned I have no choice.

#487 6 years ago

gonna be picking myself up 2 nice huo games people will be dumping cause of this next codeless stern turd and jjpotc.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gonna be picking myself up 2 nice huo games people will be dumping cause of this next codeless stern turd and jjpotc.

Everything points to this game being really good and the last two games, AS and SW have shipped with good code. It will absolutely though get people to sell some really nice HUO games.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IMO the smartest and best move following SW (& JJP POTC) would be for Stern to come out with a packed playfield, with solid code that nails the theme and to really pack a punch to JJP upon the reveal announce no price rise on this release! The price rises with each release have been getting a little stupid anyway and unjustified so this would be a great time to hold that back for a release or two, it will certainly get peoples attention.

Franchi is upselling his game, which of course he is going to do with something he has worked months on. Cant argue about peoples resolve Ice although after all the recent issues over the past 12 months it would be good to see the majority of us showing some restraint so Stern take more notice that we expect a rise in quality this time round and not price.

#490 6 years ago

It needs to hit the mark in so many different areas.

To go above and beyond, fully licensed music, movie clips, and custom call outs

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It needs to hit the mark in so many different areas.
To go above and beyond, fully licensed music, movie clips, and custom call outs

Would be nice but usually they fall short somewhere, but im hoping for the best.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

codeless stern turd

SW code is all but done 3 months later and was pretty god damn good on day 1 as was AS so what are u talking about?

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it would be good to see the majority of us showing some restraint so Stern take more notice that we expect a rise in quality this time round and not price.

Wouldn't it though. However, after reading this thread it seems that many people haven't learned a thing and will jump in head first again and drop a ton of cash without ever having touched the game. At some point in the future, we'll have more anger threads complaining about whatever problems GotG came with: Weak code, QC, playfields, cabinets, Spike II, toy hang up, flipper gap, or whatever.

Imagine how much attention we could get as a customer base if most of us who intended to buy decided to hold off after announcement even just one or two months before pre-ordering. A big lack of initial interest is the only way to get Stern's attention. Who knows, buyers might even save a few dollars as a result. In the end those who want GotG would still get their games around the same time as they would have if they paid right after the announcement. The sad thing is that a whole lot of people have already made a deposit with their distributors before even seeing the game. I recall going after BM66 on day 1 of the announcement and my distributor had already exhausted his quota before the pictures even came out. Like a fool, I chased the game down with another distributor and now I get a stomach ache every time I walk by it in my game room. It took me too long to learn my lesson.

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

it’s going to shut most of the haters up.

Good luck with that. Haters gotta hate.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have this strange feeling that this game is going to be so epic

Yeah I hope so. This is a theme that I want to own.

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

The sad thing is that a whole lot of people have already made a deposit with their distributors before even seeing the game.

How could it possibly be sad? excited buyers looking forward to a game and theme they like, what do you care if they see the game first? seems to me its just about saving money or getting some extra useless toys. I hope is open concept because I prefer speed and flow, JJP has the stop go style if that's ur thing, I hope Stern sticks what they do best and if they want to invest time and money into anything then get the OG music and develop some serious code because in my experience the more crap on the PF the quicker that crap becomes boring. "We need speed. Speed's what we need. Greasy, fast speed!"

rocky_mickey1 (resized).jpgrocky_mickey1 (resized).jpg

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How could it possibly be sad? excited buyers looking forward to a game and theme they like, what do you care if they see the game first? seems to me its just about saving money or getting some extra useless toys. I hope is open concept because I prefer speed and flow, JJP has the stop go style if that's ur thing, I hope Stern sticks what they do best and if they want to invest time and money into anything then get the OG music and develop some serious code because in my experience the more crap on the PF the quicker that crap becomes boring. "We need speed. Speed's what we need. Greasy, fast speed!"

I want toys and speed dammit! I want the whole 9 yards and then some!!

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Like a fool, I chased the game down with another distributor and now I get a stomach ache every time I walk by it in my game room. It took me too long to learn my lesson.

Ur not a fool, soon enough the code will be complete and then i think you will own a pretty special game, but if its giving u a tummy ache then sell it.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I literally had one problem with a JJP and they sent me the parts needed the next working day. Five days later the issue was resolved. They deserve my money.

Everybody has experiences that obviously affect their outlook and future buying decisions. I'll never buy another Audi, other people love it, I hated Blade Runner, other people love it.

GB really hurt Stern with the PF issue, mine is fine but others got F ed. I've had more problems with my Woz than all of my Stern pins combined, in fact BM66 is the only time I've ever had to get a distro/Stern involved and their customer service was excellent. So was JJP's.

AS is a gem, gorgeous and not a single issue.

I get it though, when you feel like you've stuck your hand on the burner you don't want to do it again for fun.

My biggest issue with Stern is "coding" and the issues they seem to be having with Spike. Dwight seems to get there quicker with GOT, GB and SW, but I'm sitting on a BM66 patiently and I feel GB and AS "need another pass" like Gomez said.

I played all my pins a lot yesterday with the Bm66 code drop, ton of fun.

The other issue is buying "LE's" from Stern or JJP for that matter, you are taking a $1500 hit right away just opening the box, premium a little less, but that's what you get when you drive it off the lot!

You better love it a long time because the days of recouping $$$ are long gone.

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ur not a fool, soon enough the code will be complete and then i think you will own a pretty special game, but if its giving u a tummy ache then sell it.

I probably would, but my tummy ache would then become a butt cheek (where my wallet rests) ache.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I sold a game already a few weeks ago and I'm dying to see the outcome on this title. If any good I'm in.
Only saw the first movie and don't remember half of it, just that it was good. But hey Zoe Saldana is a big +

Speaking of Zoe Saldana, has anyone been on more pinball machines than her? Avatar, ST, JJPPOTC, GOTG...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-hype/page/10?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.