Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by f3honda4me
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fullsizeoutput_d0b.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 20.30.13.png
500-1083-01-L6 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181115_182321.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 11.01.51 AM (resized).png
20181013_101159 (resized).jpg
20181013_101205 (resized).jpg
20181013_101216 (resized).jpg
FE2976A7-9E4D-4321-A44F-996E988808CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 1 year ago

I messed around with this quite a bit and now mine works! 100% , on the owners thread about the page 58 I posted some pics of what I did.

I can offer some suggestions that might be helpful.. as far as I can tell there are 3 common drop target issues , the difference between working and not is small like 1/16 inch or less !

first try to figure out what the target is not dropping!! on mine and on most I suspect it is because the actuator nub on the trigger plate ( the piece with the red arrows above ) is not pushing the drop target off the retaining ledge with the added force of the ball behind . you can hear the coil fire but the target stays in place. if you take a pair of needle nose pliers and slightly bend the nub towards the drop target so it is just shy of protruding above the retaining ledge it should fix it . while doing Anchor the coil relay (magnet ) portion (right red arrow )with another needle nose so as not to change the angle on that side of the plate ., I ended up gluing a piece of plastic to the target so less travel is required by the trigger plate but this probably was not necessary

if the coil relay portion of the plate is too far away from the magnet, the plate will not move at all , you will hear a soft click , and can see that the trigger plate is not being pulled in if you activate with the playfield raised, , so you will need to bend the coil plate section closer ( right arrow) to the magnet, anchor trigger section with needle nose as above, it can be a little tricky bending the plate as if you do not have it firmly anchored the you will change the other tigger sides angle as well . I learned this! I ended up putting a washer between the the coil relay and the bracket to close the distance and it accomplishes the same thing as bending the plate

if the target does not stay up either the actuator nub is protruding too far or the target is not catching on the edge of the retaining ledge, stern had a fix for this for other drop targets which consisted shimming the ledge with a thin washer to make it protrude a little farther. I have seen posts of people making a shim from a credit card to do the same thing.

I talked to stern and given that I was the second owner they did not send me a whole assembly but did send me a new trigger plate , looks exactly like the old one!

if any one got a new assembly that looks different from the old one would love to see a picture

#30 1 year ago

Yah waxx,I think we have both been through this fix, probably the best advice to give is to say take the mech off the machine and play with it until you understand how it works and then the aim of all the fixes will make sense.

Good luck to the op with the new mech, in the meantime as mentioned you can disable it either from the menu or 100% by unplugging

It was very frustrating to play a new machine and keep on having to take off the glass to free the ball,once fixed the game is a lot of fun.........,challenging fun I would say!

#33 1 year ago

whatever works! my understanding is that the springs job is to keep the trigger plate nub off the the drop target when it goes up so without it you might have problems with the target not staying up but see how it goes !

8 months later
#48 9 months ago

if what you are saying is that the magnet does not grab or alter the ball much after leaving the orb one thing to try is to move the magnet closer to the playfield by placing a washer or two between the magnet attachment screw and its holdng bracket underneath the playfield

others have put a new post rubber (thicker)? on one of the orb posts to give the ball a little bump to slow the ball and move it towards the magnet as it leaves the orb

#62 9 months ago

Are you sure that little jump is the problem? You might try recording in slow motion bUT it seems like your magnet is not working you should at least get a ltitle effect like a swirl as the ball goes over the magnet.

A few suggestions:

Check playfield angle,too steep might affect

Check magnet grab by placing ball on it while activating it in diagnostics

Hard to see in the video but the ball jump might be fixed by raising or lowering the drop target rest position,I think it can be adjusted from underneath

#66 9 months ago

I slowed down your video with the you tube setting menu , I doubt that little jump is what is causing the magnet not to grab. . so if you have the magnet activated and you roll the ball out of the orb in magnet diagnostic mode without the target popping back up does it catch or swirl the ball ?

if you want to pursue the jump idea I wonder if you might be able to minimize it by adjusting the force of the drop target popping back up using either the spring tension on the mechanism or adjust the coil setting in the settings menu.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside