You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

munsters (resized).png
0B29DD6E-85AC-4B2A-8359-EE34C3C335C5 (resized).jpeg
0D2FCCD0-3D43-4540-A770-BE0D91744805 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
1D97150F-39C6-465B-A6F0-ADA82A6D62DF (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

2 - the game gets knocked for being too much like other recent games

People don't care about this if they choose not to, example every other stern:

X-Men = Tron
BM66 = Dark Knight
SW = ACDC
Aerosmith = Kiss = Harley Davidson

This list could go on forever and I decided I don't care if the games don't feel the same and are fun to play.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

X-men plays nothing like tron even tho the geometry has similarities... that’s why no hates on tron for it
Batman very much gets hated on for tdk and relies on its code and platform differences to differentiate
Sw and acdc? That is seriously thin... and the rules are nothing alike. Acdc has very unquie rules and why it stands out
Aerosmith very much gets knocked on for having basically the same play structure as kiss..
What your counter misses is that the comment isn’t just about geometry... but gameplay too. Guardians does not stand out from the pack...a and in addition not only was similar in layout to another game... but a game that has been sterns #1 or #2 seller and produced game in the last 10 years.

You ignore my last sentence that if they don't feel the same I don't care. Also, I think Guardians stands out from the pack, that's how subjective opinions work.

Also, Star Wars shares over half its geometry with ACDC. My point was pinball has a limited amount of geometry that feels good to shoot. If that means game geometry looks the same sometimes but feels different when you play it i'm ok with that.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I had the latest code on mine. I just got rid of it last month for a LOTR. I'm not saying the game is no fun at all. There are just other games way better for the same price.

It's not a question of if there is a better game for you at the same price. It's a matter of the rank as Big Bang Bar is ranked significantly higher and it costs significantly more.

I love ACDC but I don't own it anymore because I was ready to play a different game even if it isn't quite as good.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That’s your prerogative ... but don’t counter with “people” doing something as a generalization and then act like your minority opinion validates it.

Quoted from flynnibus:

1 - u made the mistake that the rankings have any credibility...
2 - the game gets knocked for being too much like other recent games
3 - the game had a pretty rough launch with weak code to make it stand out
4 - it really doesn’t stand out from the crowd...
Pinside rankings are full of noise and largely pointless because it’s not curated nor protected from bias/inconsistent reviewers and is easily skewed due to the inconsistent coverage.

I agree with you that the majority of pinside opinion is pointless.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And Austin Powers, this is really the fourth time Borg utilized a very similar layout. The code distinguishes the games well, but the layout makes the shots feel too similar.

The code is what distinguishes every game. I don't think Munsters looks different than any other fan layout but I'm still excited to play it. Munsters looks like ACDC but with a magnet instead of a bell and a scoop instead of standups. Borg has just switched to a different similar layout but it will debut on the top 100 in the top 10.

munsters (resized).pngmunsters (resized).png
#60 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

mikes - I think you make a great point.
It's like the Lebron James and Michael Jordan debate of who is the better player. It's hard to come up with a concrete answer because both come from different eras of basketball.
Same goes with pinball. It's hard to compare new technology, toys, etc. to pins of the past.
To go with mikes point, if we took Guardians of the Galaxy (Premium/LE) Pinside rating at face value, it would be in the top 18th percentile compared to all pins. But is it really better than the other 82% of games out there?

To me it is better than 82% of pinball because I don't like EM or most pre DMD SS. I would much rather play GotG than a single game MikeS listed but that just proves your point it's hard to compare eras.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-low-ranking?tu=waxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.