5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,283 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by smalltownguy2
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 4 months ago

I will buy WW if the LE remains at or below 9k. If not, i'm out and will buy used.

#158 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like you will be buying used then Sky
Jack is not gonna be happy with you

Used it is. Not looking to take out a second mortgage to buy pinballs.

#179 4 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hmm, combining movies -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.
Theme based on Depp version -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.
Not a marketer though, so maybe I'm wrong yet again.

You made me laugh. Thanks!

#316 4 months ago
Screenshot_20190402-105940_Instagram (resized).jpg
#325 4 months ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

No leaks? I need to see this.

All distributors have seen it in person or by pic. None will say or show anything. So with that being said, we must all order directly from JJP to teach them a lesson.

#329 4 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I wouldn't agree with the first part of this statement. While I'm sure some have seen it, not all. I find it great that no one is "ruining christmas" for the rest of the pinball community. If you really have nothing to keep you occupied for 10 days, I envy your amount of free time.
I do agree with the second part though.... I could use a day off.

Im just messing. I do know 2 that have seen it. I enjoy letting it build up. Keeps it exciting for sure.

#331 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BS. And Jack doesn't like you anymore for not buying NIB

You seem to know all. You are a wise little man.

#341 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Really??? The theatre and phone are Phenomenally integrated into that game. Plus incredible magnets and flippers being attacked.

I know right! Smoking something weird!

#417 4 months ago

Man just listened to the podcast. He sounds so excited which is now pumping me up for this game. Cant wait to see it.

#546 4 months ago

I hate when people talk shit about games and for some reason you can’t see what games they own. Just weird!

#912 4 months ago
Quoted from soapblox:

I just hope we get another "dark night for STERN" thread out of this.

Your Stern lovers will be pissed if this happens.

#1189 4 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep everytime over the past 5 years I've played a jjp pin the flippers were weak at shows.

I hope you are reading this Joe @ PinballStar!

#1192 4 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not anyone's fault.. its just how they are at shows.

He knows I’m messing with him but the power does need to be turned up at the shows. Can’t hardly hit the ramp shots. They are there to sell games right? The pins need to play well. Just my thoughts.

#1196 4 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, I’ve never understood that — why they don’t make them a bit more zippy at the shows. I play them and then try to imagine what they would be like to play with a little more power to see if I want to make a purchase. I often feel hesitant because I can’t get a good feel for the game and have to use my imagination.

Exactly.

#1298 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sterns gobstopper would have been printed on flat plastic, mounted on a spring from a bic pen, and have screws all over the front of it.

So so true!

#1309 4 months ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Might be more elaborate but that doesn't equate to fun and it looks terribly uninspired. Also it's the only mech in the machine. I mean whoohoo the enormously giant out of place gobstopper spun! So much fun!

Gary is that you or just a Stern fanboy?

#1325 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Oh, that's right. If you buy the Prem/LE, they include action figures from the dollar store. My bad.

I like you gliebig. You speak of wisdom and truth.

#1333 4 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm in on LE. First JJP game.
Lord hear my prayer.... For better or worse I'm all in like the sucker buying that bridge.

You are wise man. JJP makes a great pinball for sure.

2 weeks later
#1508 3 months ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Unfortunately, similar to my impression of playing Pirates Of The Caribbean last year. The problem is weak flippers. I'm sure the flipper strength totally fine on the game. Last year I thought it was an amperage issue, putting too many game on one circuit. However, this year I had the same experience on Wonka. I am now suspecting the flipper voltage is being turned down in the service menu on the games. Why, would they do this? Probably to limit wear and tear on their display models. Is this a good idea?...probably not. Most people I spoke with had the same experience. When I played it, I couldn't make the right ramp regardless of how clean my shot was. I didn't bother to go back and play it after this. If you want people to be excited about a game and want to buy it, you need to provide them with the chance to have a good experience with the game. Otherwise, the game looked pretty and has some really neat features.

I agree with you totally. The voltage from the receptacles were fine. The power to the flippers are down. All other pins played fine in every other booth. Its every year. I go to the show to get a look and feel but thats it. I to hit the ramps perfect and it just came right back down. Very weak.

#1513 3 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U play fri or sat? I was even able to backhand both ramps on fri.

Both days. When i played POTC last year it sucked as well. Then a friend got the CE about 3 months ago and wow what a diff. Flipper power up and plays great. Able to hit every ramp with ease. Also i played both SE and LE.

#1525 3 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pinheads … you don't know what you'll be missing with the SE vs. the LE (Wonkavator multiball carry-over) until you get to play the Wonkavator mutliball. We played it maybe 10 times at the VFW show between yesterday and today. One ball was locked in the Wonkavator this morning and I locked another one in the Wonkavator before lunch (I think I figured out how to do it, but I still don't know what qualifies it). Then this afternoon I locked the 3rd ball and on locking the 3rd ball the multiball started after a brief intro showing the Wonkavator crashing through the roof with the Wilder audio and video assets. There was quite a light show and the multiball lasted probably 3-4 minutes for me. Not sure if I was hitting what I was supposed to, but heard "jackpot" a few times. It was pretty exciting to see that and play that. It might even get better with future code. It would be pretty rare to experience Wonkavator multiball with a SE unless you're a real good player (from my current understanding of the carryover difference). I like the game a lot, the more I play and learn it. At times it is a tough unforgiving game for missed shots. [But currently I still like JJPOTC more.] My deposit for Wonka LE will still stay put. Glad I had the opportunity to play it again. Thanks VFW show, JJP, and Abel for providing the game.

Good write up. I to liked the way the game played. With stronger flippers and hearing it, i think this will be the game of the year. It was alot of fun. I want an LE but i dont want to sell my Congo to get it.

#1603 3 months ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

DISAPOINTED!!! I seen and played several times the new Wonka and I wanted to like it and add it to my collect. But I was badly disappointed. It does no live up to the JJ machines of the past. I expected so much more in the modeling of items on the play field like OZ. They had so much they could have used from the movie. But they cheaped out. So sad for a great title. I guess I will have to wait till something more worthy comes along to add to my collection. So sad!

What do you have in your collection?

#1612 3 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Don't seem like it... looks to be looking for only negative reviews lol.

Stern lover?

#1614 3 months ago

What do i sell out of my collection to get Wonka LE.

#1627 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I love who gives my family the best enjoyment and entertainment value for our hard earned money. And the greatest resale value if we get tired of it. Not a fanboy of any company. Just trying to see the value in WW and it’s getting more difficult to find, because of the very high costs compared to other companies offerings.
Saw the value in WOZ when it was $6,500, now the same table is being offered for $11.5k value to dollar ratio is not good at all at new high prices. WW is not even close to WOZRR in value for money ratio. Difficult to find in BK as well and did have money on an LE but cancelled for the time being till I can play it.
I fear what most should be very concerned about. Is JJP pricing themselves out of the market?

I understand. The prices are really high. Trying to see if a 9,500 game is worth it can be hard to determine for sure.

#1628 3 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

Pinside Basher

Not at all. I support JJP and own Sterns so.

#1637 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No Way - go back and look at your invoice AND any deposits.
Unless MBR means something else .... Miguel’s Black Rose.

Totally agree. Prove it!

#1646 3 months ago

Why would you say that? Explain thyself!

#1732 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Do you feel good bashing and name calling others legitimate questions?
Yes, WOZ, when it sold for $6.5k, was a good value for a family’s hard earned money. See the value in that one and the very reason it has outsold all other JJP tables combined by far, as I’m learning here from others posts.

I'm not sure if you realize this but the 6,500 dollar WOZ damn near put Jack out of business. What pins do you own?

#1735 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yawn. This thread sucks. Take y'alls dribble to pm.

You are up already or still on the couch.

2 weeks later
#1956 83 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really sad to see. Everything since reveal had just taken this game down the wrong path.

I know right. The ship has sailed. I’m on to the next pin. When a pinball is shown, I’m ready right then not months and months later.

#2011 81 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone heard anything regarding shipping timelines? Standards were supposed to be June I thought.

I’m hoping June they will ship. All I heard was June, June, June. Let’s see it!

#2016 81 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They have about 6 days left to hit the original "60 days" shipping date.

Ok I will give u that. Come on June 10th, June 10th, June 10th!!! Prove it.

1 week later
#2072 73 days ago

Where are all the pics of the production line?

#2074 73 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Why would you assume those are legal to share openly?

Why would it be a problem?

#2076 73 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Why would you assume those are legal to share openly?

You must be from a small town.

1 week later
#2120 62 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah JJP's playfields make Sterns look super loaded,I see what your saying there's nothing there!

LMAO!

#2126 61 days ago

June is almost over and no cartwheel from Jack for the barcades and operators.

#2128 61 days ago

QUESTION: Is all the talk about how good JJP Pirates is, taken the thunder out of Wonka?

#2133 61 days ago

Someone post pics soon.

#2180 59 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Now listen I wouldn't normally post in threads like this one other than answering questions because my opinion is obviously biased and I make no secret of that fact so take this for what it's worth - I got my Wonka home and have been playing it a lot - installed 1.07p this morning and everyone here knows that I have to help tech support this game and therefore I shouldn't try to sway opinions and I'm not shilling; I remember way back when I offered my opinion on how nicely DI felt to shoot and how I hadn't played a game that felt like that one since the NGG days and I was immediately lambasted for offering my opinion when obviously I was clueless. SO factoring that in here let me offer this - I've been doing this for a very long time (collecting and playing I mean) and this is one of those "new pin in the house" days that always makes me happy. I'm enjoying this game very much although it is humbling me score-wise at the moment. On my recent NJ trip I also got the opportunity to spend some time with a friend playing his Guardians Pro and I very much enjoyed that also - sometimes as I get older (which is by the minute) I just like to play and not think too hard about tech support and how this or that might be to fix and how people in the world will like or dislike a game and so on. This game fills me with joy even though the movie isn't among my favorites (as I know it is for many Pinsiders from what I've read). I'm enjoying it and trying to recapture the feeling I had before everything else got involved owing to my profession. Is this the be all and end all of games and we can all go home now? No. I am enjoying it very much though. I hope new pin day never becomes a thing of the past. Okay, carry on, thanks...

I’m not sure how to take this?

#2196 58 days ago

Don’t waste your time with Gary Stern under cover.

#2200 58 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Huh? I thought they sang when the pops hit?

Exactly. Thats the only time i have ever heard them as well.

#2211 58 days ago

I will be playing a Wonka SE today or tomorrow so my thoughts are coming soon. I'm on the hunt for a Pirates but Wonka may change my mind. We shall see.

#2239 57 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Played 10 games after setting up and doing small adjustments to my liking.
Game shoots like a dream! Seriously just a thing of beauty and butter smooth. Some tough and some easy and some in between. Flow master! I think I hit a 7 shot unique combo at one point.
Light show is TOPS!
Code seems way improved since MGC. A few cool modes. Flippers are the best feel of any JJP in my opinion. Actually best feel f any new game currently.
Sounds and audio are much better but still for sure need tuning to be what this game needs. I will say it is lacking that 'fullness' I am not an audiophile so dont know the right way to explain it, but the music to callouts to soundfx mix is just flat to me. Maybe we were just spoiled with David, but whomever is doing this is not even remotely on the same level (sorry whomever you are).
Don't get me wrong, everything else is down right fantastic!
People will blow up and over react online. Dont let the sound get you down. This game is the TITS!
I am amazed how smooth and fun it is for this price point. Frankly this is the pricepoint ALL future JJPs need to be so to see that they can get this much game at this price is great! THIS is 90s classic pinball to the T! Pat L keep trowing out better designs, geometry and fun stuff!

I played about the same amout today. My thoughts:

CONS:

1. The artwork is lacking on the cab. As we all know. The head decals are just fine.

2. Not having the Wonkavator sucks. The back left looks so plain. Its like something is missing big time.

3. The sound effects and music are just ok at this time.

PROS

1. Shoots like a dream. Pat can sure make a nice flowing game.

2. The black on the rails and lockdown actully look good.

3. I love B/W games and this feels like it big time.

4. The game tells you exactly what to do which is good for me for sure. I have a hard time understanding how to play new games.

5. The playfield and lights show are fantastic. Are the light show as good as WOZ yet, no but give it time.

For me if i get one its a LE for sure. Its worth having the wonkavator. The game has alot of code potential with call outs, voice and sound. So if they can come thru, we have a winner for sure. At 7k for a SE, i really dont see anything else on the market that compares to what you get. CONGRATS JJP!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside