824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheriffbarclay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#349 5 years ago

The "Joker" in me wants this to be the Depp version so I can observe the chaos that ensues.
worldburn-top[1] (resized).jpgworldburn-top[1] (resized).jpg

giphy[1].gifgiphy[1].gif
#370 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Games will be shipping soon after the reveal

giphy[1].gifgiphy[1].gif

1 week later
#820 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ok guys, please post any leaks from the show. Let’s summarize what we all know already:
Depp version: “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
Oompah Loompah CE, all orange everything, art and hardware, right down to the powdered coin door.
500 CE’s, each one labeled #12. Kaneda confirmed for first one off the line.
What did I miss?

Richie buying all 500 CEs and setting fire to 499 so he's got the only #12.

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I guess I am in the minority but this looks amazing to me!!
The ramps look great, magnets all over the place, wonka vision is amazing, and the light show is mesmerizing. My concern is how often the gob stopper spins. I know that there is concern about the lack of call outs, but JJP has proven that it will be fixed.
Looking forward to owning this one day.

You're not in the minority, this is just how pinside copes with a reveal. Same people will be back to gushing about how good the game is in about 2 weeks.

#1305 5 years ago

"No Gene on the SE because it would cost too much" doesn't seem to make much sense. They're making 5,000 LEs with Gene on the side.

Let's say the Wonkavator costs $500 for sake of argument. Do you think the Gene decals make up the remaining $1,500 difference between the SE and LE, and even if it did, you think JJP would pass 100% of those savings on to SE customers? No.

#1356 5 years ago

I love that people from jjp are reading the threads.

Keefer, are y'all open to tweaking things based on feedback here? Are things like callouts/name of, kid, multiball/etc finalized, or can they still be changed?

2 weeks later
#1454 4 years ago

According to Jack on the podcasts after the reveal, the line should already be changed over, as he said by end of April and games should start shipping shortly.

Couldn't even type that with a straight face. I just hope this will be on the line by mid July.

#1521 4 years ago

Anybody have pictures of the playfield and cabinet from Allentown? Were these the same prototypes as mgc?

#1568 4 years ago

Still waiting for anything on the CE artwork. Anybody got a line to Jack or someone in the know?

#1654 4 years ago

Regardless of your personal feelings on K, he absolutely nailed it today. JJP making CEs owners wait until last in the build order is a terrible idea.

Your highest profit margin, most collectable version, typically bought by rich collectors who want to be the first guy on the block with the new toy? Those guys don't want to watch 1000+ LE owners unbox their games first.

And the "but, the ce version will be better because they fix issues that show up with SEs and LEs" isn't enough of a perk to overcome the negative of waiting.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I am as eager as everyone else but how can you be in on a CE before you seen the final package? Waiting for a game is difficult sometimes ... manufacturing and delivery issues I understand - however, when do you anticipate we will see the CE pkg? A JJP stream from few weeks back had Eric saying it was going to be “soon”.

I was in on a CE because multiple distributors said that JJP was going to sell out of all CEs within 24 hours of release.

Obviously that hasn't happened.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Why are a CE demands any higher than someone who buys another version? The finished product should be solid and without any issues, period. Just because you pay more money doesn't mean you deserve a better finished product.

Uhh, what?

So if I buy a higher priced car/house/pair of shoes/computer/phone, I shouldn't expect it to be any higher quality than the cheapest car/house/pair of shoes/computer/phone?

Oh Pinside, never change.

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No point bashing or pumping either company here...Plenty of that in other threads. I'm watching/engaging in this thread for Wonka news, thoughts, and insight only.
Has anyone actually seen a CE play field yet ( may have missed it)...thanks

Nope, I've been asking for weeks and nobody responds. They'd rather talk about Munsters, apparently.

1 week later
#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Last I heard was that they will be producing some SE and LE versions and then all of the CE versions. I'm thinking I'll get my CE by the end of July, but that's just a guess.

I bet we won't even see SEs by July.

1 week later
#1957 4 years ago

Gobstopper still misspelled from when I pointed it out 2 months ago and was shouted down and told that it was already fixed and that spelling errors are not something to be discussed.

Screenshot_20190601-084619_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190601-084619_Chrome (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2242 4 years ago

CE playfield, where is it?

April JJP stream, Eric said "soon". The website makes it pretty clear that it'll be an alt art playfield, but everyone on Pinside seems to think it'll just be YBR glitter on same artwork.

Sure wish Kingpin or JJP would respond..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.99
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheriffbarclay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in?tu=sheriffbarclay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.