4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,283 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by smalltownguy2
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindoctor82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#371 4 months ago

If it's Gene Wilder Wonka then I'm in and I'm so ready.

#760 4 months ago

I don't always make memes, but when I do, I prefer pure imagination.

Wonka Pinball Meme (resized).jpg
#1153 4 months ago

I want to play this game at Pinfest in a few weeks and feel sold on it. I hope I do. I love the film and was so excited. I can't get past the large everlasting gobstopper as the main toy, and the oompa loompa with the camera looks a bit underwhelming. Hopefully it all looks awesome in person. Hopefully I'll catch some of you guys there playing it and we can discuss it. I think a LE is in my future, but I'm definitely not dropping 12500 on a CE like I originally was willing to, as the cabinet and backglass artwork are awesome on the LE (though slightly inferior to the CE). I think the SE cabinet art is extremely underwhelming, almost as if JJP made the game cheaper for praises, but almost as if they want to hold it against you for getting a standard. Gene Wilder should be on the artwork of all of the game versions.

2 weeks later
#1463 3 months ago

I gave this a few goes today at Pinfest and look forward to playing it a few more times tomorrow. My first game was on the LE and was a fairly good game. Second game was on the standard and the ball just didn't go my way. The LE was definitely pretty and the shots were awesome. It wasn't as incredible as the hype built it up to be ahead of its reveal, but I was content. I may be in on an LE, but it didn't help that I played Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road), right after this and thought it was considerably better (I'm not getting a WOZ but it made me doubt whether Wonka is worth the splash or not).

#1472 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

For all the folks who played Wonka at Allentown,what was your opinion after playing?

It's fun and has a lot of shots. The playfield is beautiful. It still falls short of the ridiculous hype that most of us bought into, but as others have said, it wasn't possible for it to live up to that. A LE may be in my future...I definitely enjoyed it more than I did the SE...for some reason the SE wasn't kind to me.

#1502 3 months ago

I got more games in on Wonka today as I caught it at times where the lines were somehow short. I played it enough to come to the conclusion that as of now, I'm not going to be getting one. Wonka is a really good game, beautiful, and it is fun, but it just lacks something, and I say that after having at least one fairly decent game where I unlocked two multi-ball runs and hit a lot of the shots (still not all of them though). I did get some magnet action today during my one game but would have to agree that I didn't really notice them much otherwise.

This is all just opinion...you'll get plenty of people arguing for or against getting one, and that's what makes this debate essentially useless; there is no right or wrong choice. You have to play it...I would definitely play it before ordering it, which is really what everyone should do with every game. Given there should be no shortage of SE and LE, there's really no reason not to wait to play it before deciding. It's fun...you will have fun, and you will be impressed with plenty of things about the game, but I think a lot of people will still feel like it's just missing something. If you play it and you like it, getting one is the right choice, and anyone trying to tell you otherwise means nothing. I may get a Wonka LE in the future if it grows on me (I think someone close to me who I've networked with said he was getting one, so I have a chance to continue to wait and see if it grows on me).

1 week later
#1769 3 months ago

I think I'm actually going to watch a live stream for once and hopefully that'll be more to help convince me one way or the other to get a LE or not.

2 weeks later
#1958 79 days ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Gobstopper still misspelled from when I pointed it out 2 months ago and was shouted down and told that it was already fixed and that spelling errors are not something to be discussed.[quoted image]

They're emphasizing the b...like Gobbbbbbbbstopper. By the way, I still am curious about this game and I am jealous of those getting one. I'm just glad I haven't dropped the funds on one yet. The time may come...I hope it does. Willy Wonka was a theme that should have been a slam-dunk must-have for me.

#2028 76 days ago

I hope the games ship soon just so that we can see what the lucky new owners have to say after they've had the game and the time to really know what they think about it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,500.00
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindoctor82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside