4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,283 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by smalltownguy2
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 4 months ago

Why? What did you hear? Don’t look at me like that?

2 weeks later
#892 4 months ago

Joe Katz is a valuable guy who posts here sometimes and appears on the live streams. He's a great guy too. He and Ted and to a lesser extent everybody else are contributing to the game.

#1031 4 months ago

Yes
The standard does not have the wonkavator physical ball lock

#1032 4 months ago

All three versions have different cabinet art

#1285 4 months ago

And I also didn’t like some other stuff you did in 2011...

2 weeks later
#1522 3 months ago

Not the same exact units but yes they were prototypes like those at MGC

#1661 3 months ago

Same thing was done with DI and Pirates. No CEs early in the run.

1 week later
#1814 3 months ago

Excellent job as always with the stream, Sir.

1 week later
#1977 79 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

DI was an absolute flop and I enjoyed it! I don't think it ever rebounded from the terrible press.

Absolute flop? It sold and still sells even though it's been off the line since before POTC started. It depends on your definition of flop I suppose. It had a lame reveal stream (I was there in person). The event was better than it came off on the stream but I agree a very slow start compared to Pirates. No argument there. It had a nice groundswell once people actually got to see the game and their friends started getting them. It became a consistent seller and enjoyed a semi long-ish production run, longer than Hobbit which preceded it and longer than Pirates which followed it. So flop I don't know. WOZ will never be topped in sales totals, certainly not by DI unless it comes back to the line again (no license) but DI has done okay so far and who knows if it may return for another run. Just MHO.

#1996 78 days ago

It wasn’t Warner Bros it was the family.

#2030 77 days ago

It won’t be long now folks. SEs first I think everyone knows that - you’ll hear that production has begun in the very near future.

#2032 77 days ago

first a run of SEs then LE and SE together then stop both for just CEs exclusively until they are done, then the rest of the LE and SE units. This “stop and then run only CEs partway into the run” is exactly the same way it was done with DI and POTC.

#2036 77 days ago

I obviously need to read recent posts.

#2066 74 days ago

The upper slingshot is under the black pearl access ramp. The guys have to clip off the top of the metal front blade so it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the plastic ramp. Yours may be caught there so take a look.
Lights - under the playfield find the BAG board and look for the mini-usb connector on it (its the only mini usb under the playfield) usually a tie wrap is used to try to hold it straight into the socket but it can still fall out or get misaligned so unplug and reseat it.

2 weeks later
#2179 55 days ago

Now listen I wouldn't normally post in threads like this one other than answering questions because my opinion is obviously biased and I make no secret of that fact so take this for what it's worth - I got my Wonka home and have been playing it a lot - installed 1.07p this morning and everyone here knows that I have to help tech support this game and therefore I shouldn't try to sway opinions and I'm not shilling; I remember way back when I offered my opinion on how nicely DI felt to shoot and how I hadn't played a game that felt like that one since the NGG days and I was immediately lambasted for offering my opinion when obviously I was clueless. SO factoring that in here let me offer this - I've been doing this for a very long time (collecting and playing I mean) and this is one of those "new pin in the house" days that always makes me happy. I'm enjoying this game very much although it is humbling me score-wise at the moment. On my recent NJ trip I also got the opportunity to spend some time with a friend playing his Guardians Pro and I very much enjoyed that also - sometimes as I get older (which is by the minute) I just like to play and not think too hard about tech support and how this or that might be to fix and how people in the world will like or dislike a game and so on. This game fills me with joy even though the movie isn't among my favorites (as I know it is for many Pinsiders from what I've read). I'm enjoying it and trying to recapture the feeling I had before everything else got involved owing to my profession. Is this the be all and end all of games and we can all go home now? No. I am enjoying it very much though. I hope new pin day never becomes a thing of the past. Okay, carry on, thanks...

#2183 55 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Steve likes the game more than tech support. ( he thinks it's great and a bit apprehensive to say so )
LTG : )

I suppose that's it, Lloyd. I got a minor chill when I pressed start and Gene said "We are the music makers..."

#2185 55 days ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Lloyd, all I heard is Steve got one and you didn’t.

Now now, Steve had to spend a week in NJ and drive one home; Lloyd has to wait until his comes by freight.

1 month later
#2271 17 days ago

The groove near the top is normal on all production Wonkas - you can take a paint marker if you like and flow some paint into it or you can if you like get a small piece of t-molding and fit it in there. Go over all the connections in the head and see if something came loose in shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9,500.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside