6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,284 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Clint12
  • Topic is favorited by 67 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ozno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#692 5 months ago
Quoted from Manny10:

I know Willy Wonka is popular, but I am pretty sure that it is not nearly as big as The Wizard Of OZ was . I have seen the movie WOZ as a kid countless times, but I never sat through WW once .. Needless to say, I love all of the games from JJP, and I hope that this one is as good as the others. I hope they sell 20,000 of them, because I would love to see JJP do great since they do not cut corners, and by far make the highest quality pinball machines (compared to other manufacturers) . I do not agree with the people that think that this title will cause a huge influx of pre-owned games into the market place . I do not think that you will see much of a variance in pricing of preowned games what so ever .. If anything; the more popular pinball becomes, the higher the prices of pre-owned games will go, since their availability is generally limited. Almost everyone knows the values of the games nowadays, especially with newer Stern games . If anything; some people are going a little nuts by pricing their used games with a few mods at a higher price than people can purchase them brand new for.
Manny

You watched WOZ many times but never watched Wonka? Honestly there must be something wrong with you. Wonka literally changed my life. WOZ is kind of a piece of crap in comparison. Wonka is more modern, biting and fun. Wonka has a better message and more interesting themes. Wonka has better music. “Pure Imagination” kills every song in WOZ. Loompa>Munchkin. There is not a single really interesting character in WOZ. It’s all fluff. Willy Wonka is an interesting character. The only thing actually interesting about WOZ is the dark political, financial origins of the story which are buried way beneath the surface. So deep that most, including the filmmakers themselves, had no idea.

#696 5 months ago

Wonka ideas from Ozno

1. Bashable Target on playfield that is a mini video screen.

2. Bash video target when one of the 5 golden ticket winners appears to start one of the 5 Golden ticket winner modes. Complete the mode in time to send Augustus etc... home.

3. The game HAS to have a psychedelic color LED boat ride mode. This would be a loop shot mode, with accompanying video. Loops add time and score. Bash video target at the right time for jackpot.

4. Wonkavision needs to be a teleporting pinball mode. Hit the Wonkavision scoop and a new ball gets launched from another scoop on opposite side of playfield.

5. Verukas Golden egg scene needs to be a three target area with three layers of drip targets like Metallica.

6. Slugworth needs to be a bunch of inserts all over the pinball. When one of them lights, you have to make that shot to stop Slugworth.

7. Game needs a wonkavator that brings you to an upper or lower playfield.

8. For Augustus, we need a two stage chocolate river mode. First make shots to build pressure meter to the max. Then when time runs out, find the secret shot to locate Augustus. Pressure score multiplies final jackpot.

9. 3 flippers at bottom.

10. Oompa Loompa mini playfield.

11. Find the golden ticket mode.

12. Charlie’s mode needs to be a make the right decision type mode, so you have to make some shots and avoid others.

13. Playfield should generally look like the main chocolate river room.

14. Everlasting go stopper machine has to be in there. With a ceramic ball gobstopper mode like TZ. Shoot ball into machine, ceramic ball comes out the back side.

15. Fizzy lifting mode. Shoot shots to blow up Violet as big as a house. Only blue shots are counted. Pay attention as they change color rapidly.

#1186 5 months ago

Keep in mind that a lot can be done with lighting. I’m hopeful that JJ will create some dark and scary modes in WW just like in the movie. If they don’t do some dark stuff with Slugworth and the psychedelic river tide, they are missing the boat.

#1261 5 months ago

CE thank you.

#1404 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. David Thiel is a master at creating pinball music and sounds.
The video below is of David Thiel talking about creating music and sounds for Hobbit. At one point he talks about taking a licensed song, The Old Friends theme, and creating several variants of it. He also talks about avoiding looping in music, implementing dialogue, pulling sounds from assets, etc. The quantity, variety, and quality of music / sounds put into games by David Thiel has been incredible. He knows how to create custom pinball sounds, music as well as leveraging licensed assets and then tying it to specific modes and events in game. It's a huge bummer that he's no longer at JJP.
On a side note I think The Hobbit may go down as David Thiels magnum opus, his master work.

If you watch anything from the video I posted above check out the section below where David talks about creating several variants of a licensed track to get more mileage out of it. Incredible stuff.

The Hobbit music was done by Two Steps From Hell not David Thiel. TSFH is the number one epic music band in the world outselling and streaming all of the top film composers in the world, including Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Howard Shore and Danny Elfman. David Thiel did great work on the sound effects in the Hobbit and putting it all together, but the 99% of the music came from Two Steps From Hell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 9,500.00
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ozno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside