4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,283 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by smalltownguy2
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1112 4 months ago

Pinside Reveal-o-meter:

Day before the reveal: This is going to be the best pinball game of all time! It will put all other companies out of business and forever change how we think about playing pinball!

Day of the reveal: What am I missing? It's just an ordinary pinball machine. Where are the levitating multi-colored balls? Where is the real life chocolate flowing river moving down the playfield? Meh, I'm going to bed [dejected and angry].

Day after the reveal: Watching a little bit more of the streams, it actually looks like a beautiful, well thought out and fun pin. I think I'll get one at some point.

(And, yes, I'm just as guilty as everyone for going on this rollercoaster ride.)

#1182 4 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Shoots really well but seems slow to me

JJP pins at shows are like that. Get it home, raise the angle, give the flippers a little more power in the settings, and your are golden.

#1193 4 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

He knows I’m messing with him but the power does need to be turned up at the shows. Can’t hardly hit the ramp shots. They are there to sell games right? The pins need to play well. Just my thoughts.

Yeah, I’ve never understood that — why they don’t make them a bit more zippy at the shows. I play them and then try to imagine what they would be like to play with a little more power to see if I want to make a purchase. I often feel hesitant because I can’t get a good feel for the game and have to use my imagination.

#1385 4 months ago

If the artists put the gobstopper in his right hand, it would be less noticeable in a line up of games since it would be closer to the back.

All that said, I’m really not following what we’re talking about. I just felt like weighing in without knowing what’s going on.

2 weeks later
#1479 3 months ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I played Wonka at MGC and was underwhelmed. I think it shoots well, but the flippers were weak and took some of the fun out of it.
I'm mostly disappointed with the theme integration.
I mean, why am I shooting the gobstopper three times to start gobstopper multiball? I guess, because it's a pinball machine with a gobstopper in it. But just because the movie had Gobstoppers, and you stick a plastic gobstopper into the game, does not make for good theme integration.
They could have developed the exact same mechanism, but put a model of the boat on top instead of the gobstopper. Then, when you are shooting balls into it, it represents the kids boarding the boat. When they are all boarded, the boat spins, multiball starts, and you play the boat scene on the screen along with the creepy dialog. That scene goes along with a spinning boat very well.
Well these are just my thoughts and I know there is much more that goes into this stuff, so my opinion is definitely not well informed or worth much. And honestly if I didn't love the theme so much, I'd actually be more likely to buy this game.

There’s only so many choices you can make in putting something into a pinball machine. The gobstopper is more integral to the plot than the boat. Everyone just remembers the boat because of the creepy scene, which is great. But I wouldn’t call the choice about putting a gobstopper into the game bad theme integration.

#1664 3 months ago

Watching Willy Wonka on SyFy right now. Great movie!

#1779 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Twitch Wonka stream is amazing!

Wow! I agree. This is the best Wonka stream I’ve seen yet. I love being able to see the mini LCD screen. And, the light show looks way more vibrant in this stream.

Will this be on YouTube later? I would love to watch it in full when I have more time.

2 weeks later
#2048 75 days ago

Happy for all of you guys who are going to be getting your machines soon. I’m excited to see what you think of them at home.

2 weeks later
#2117 57 days ago

I haven't seen a good video that really shows the magnet play yet. Is it just really subtle? The idea of multiple mini-magnets seems like a cool one, but I'm not sure how much they really affect things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,500.00
$ 27.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside